Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,993 members, 7,952,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:33 AM

Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? (25891 Views)

Why Do Ladies Cry When Their Man Propose To Them? / Guys Can You Propose To A Lady Afer 3months Of Dating/ladies Can You Say Yes? / Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hmmm! I'm not sure she'd like to marry me even if I'm very healthy but without money, let alone having this type of disease, God forbid.
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by demelza: 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
Willgates:

what are you saying?
Its called sarcasm

1 Like

Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by princeonx: 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2013
Fussbot: click like if u didnt know the meaning of mastectomygrin
The name should be mastecbr€$tmy. One could mistake that name for something done to the tummy.
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by drdams: 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2013
Exactly!!
There r 2 tins involved ; trying to shy away from the fact or jst confused!!
demelza: Its called sarcasm
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by canalily(m): 6:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
Ayorh4you: Love goes beyond bosom and other physical attractions. If there was love when the bosom was present, then I think there should be love when the bosom is gone. For me, its a YES YES YES
undecided then y is it that there is no love when the money is nt there?
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by Youngtekkey(m): 6:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
ha this question is really tough but make i no lie at all i no fit marry a girl without real boo.bs,boo.bs is party of a woman or girl beauty without it u can not see the real beauty of a girl infact as i am reading it i couldn't control myself so i read outside and my girlfriend is with me so she asked me what's the matter then i told her and she asked dat if that happens to her will i still marry her i no fit lie despite that i love her so much me tell her the truth say no i no fit
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by Nweike1: 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
bibinwaka: my dear cancer is hereditary. tink of ur kids do u wnt dat.
just my own 10kobo opinion. no offence.
Majority of cases of breast cancer are sporadic, meaning non hereditary. Only about 5% have a mutation in the BRCA 1 and 2 gene responsible for hereditary breast and ovarian cancers. It is this group that benefit from prophylactic mastectomies ( and oophorectomies)
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by canalily(m): 7:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
Cold blooded: do u really care for her? Can you condone with her condition when u marry?....if u really meant d sweet words you've been telling her, den dis is d time to prove it lipsrsealed
and what abt wen he has been strugglng to gather money 4 marriage nd the grl breaks away saying she has waited 4 lng? Is there lv? Haz she shown love?
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by drdams: 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
Nweike1:
Majority of cases of breast cancer are sporadic, meaning non hereditary. Only about 5% have a mutation in the BRCA 1 and 2 gene responsible for hereditary breast and ovarian cancers. It is this group that benefit from prophylactic mastectomies ( and oophorectomies)
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by drdams: 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
Yea u right ; for dose who do regular medical check ups.

Bt cum 2 think of it, Sporadic or genetic (which I dont really believe in by virtue of research) can b eradicated by prophylatics as far as early detection is concerned..
Nweike1:
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 02, 2013
dr dams: Would you propose to ur gf after Mastectomy?

In her quest to prevent cancerous growth, she decided to cut off her bossom and replace with an artificial one.

You initially had plans and was waiting for it to actualize before making the move prior its occurence.
Would dat halt ur intention of walking her down the aisle? after all love endures....

(those asking for d meaning,
MASTECTOMY IS D MEDICAL TERM FOR D REMOVAL OF ONE OR BOTH BR*EASTS. USUALLY DONE TO TREAT BR*EAST CANCER ; IN SOME CASES, WOMEN & men believed to be @ high risk of br*east cancer have the operation as a preventive measure..)

If you've ever been married before, you will know that marriage goes beyond bossom and what have you. So funny how life is; you might marry someone with bossom 2moro and be so miserable. Hey if you love her, you won't even remember it's a fake bossom. That's how blind love can be.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by eldoradoxx: 7:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
Sisi_Kill: @ OP
I find it hard to sympathize with you because you didn't tell your GF you have a thing for walking corpses.

You should have been specific about your preference before the surgery...now you have to deal with a healthy woman as opposed to a cancer ridden, hair losing, body aching, vomiting every minute, lethargic and often times wheelchair bound woman (is it the utter helplessness that turns you on or the moans from severe pains? I know...it must be the sallow skin! Oh never mind...I don't wanna know)

My only advice is for you to just go to the nearest cancer ward and find a woman, who was unfortunate enough (fortunate for you of course wink ) not to have taken preventive measures before the cancer hit and propose to her....after all she still has her real breasts.

Leave the one with the "fake hormoneless boobies" alone ojare...some poor sod who can see beyond his own needs to understand her reasons for doing it will scoop her up in no time.

15 years down the line when he still has his wife by his side to help raise his kiddies and you have...well ya know, guess who gets the last laugh? That's right....YOU! Because you have...had a wife with hormone laden brestisis. smiley
It is very unsavoury of you to have made such irritating comment on people who are sick. It is wicked and insensitive of you to do this. Atleast 1 or two persons reading your comments must have lost or nursing a cancer patient and its unfair for you to write that. Moderator pls remove this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by Coldblooded(m): 8:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
canalily: and what abt wen he has been strugglng to gather money 4 marriage nd the grl breaks away saying she has waited 4 lng? Is there lv? Haz she shown love?
And your point is...? undecided undecided
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
dr dams: Would you propose to ur gf after Mastectomy?

In her quest to prevent cancerous growth, she decided to cut off her bossom and replace with an artificial one.

You initially had plans and was waiting for it to actualize before making the move prior its occurence.
Would dat halt ur intention of walking her down the aisle? after all love endures....

(those asking for d meaning,
MASTECTOMY IS D MEDICAL TERM FOR D REMOVAL OF ONE OR BOTH BR*EASTS. USUALLY DONE TO TREAT BR*EAST CANCER ; IN SOME CASES, WOMEN & men believed to be @ high risk of br*east cancer have the operation as a preventive measure..)
recently I discovered a better area which is the ya!sh, and as far as it is intact, am okay wid it
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by SisiKill1: 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
eldoradoxx: It is very unsavoury of you to have made such irritating comment on people who are sick. It is wicked and insensitive of you to do this. Atleast 1 or two persons reading your comments must have lost or nursing a cancer patient and its unfair for you to write that. Moderator pls remove this rubbish.
You know what's offensive? Someone using the fact that a woman chooses to place health over vanity against her.

Do you know how many women are in the cancer ward right now because their fear of reactions like OP kept them from being proactive?

Do you know how many women balked at taking preventive measures like getting a mastectomy because they didn't want to be unattractive in the eyes of the men in their lives?

Do you? Do you?

When you do then come back and talk to me about offensive. Until then I'm gonna have to say please STFU because you obviously have nothing of worth to say. You don't find the thread offensive (in case it flew right over your head, OP is more worried about his need to touch "real breast" than the hereditary aspect of this horrible disease...which is by far a more compelling cause for concern) yet you find my comment about the REALITIES of Cancer offensive....what a joke you are.

7 Likes

Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2013
Don't propose to her and prevent her from making one of the biggest mistakes of her life in case she says yes, gahd

2 Likes

Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
Sisi_Kill:
You know what's offensive? Someone using the fact that a woman chooses to place health over vanity against her.

Do you know how many women are in the cancer ward right now because their fear of reactions like OP kept them from being proactive?

Do you know how many women balked at taking preventive measures like getting a mastectomy because they didn't want to be unattractive in the eyes of the men in their lives?

Do you? Do you?

When you do then come back and talk to me about offensive. Until then I'm gonna have to say please STFU because you obviously have nothing of worth to say. You don't find the thread offensive (in case it flew right over your head, OP is more worried about his need to touch "real breast" than the hereditary aspect of this horrible disease...which is by far a more compelling cause for concern) yet you find my comment about the REALITIES of Cancer offensive....what a joke you are.

Gbam! Even some that already have cancer refuse mastectomies because they want to keep their breasts. It's this useless mentality on display in this thread that causes it.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
dr dams: D case of cancer being hereditary remains a subject of debate even amongst researchers..

Nope. There is no such debate whatsoever. There are hereditary types of cancer including brea*st cancer.
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by SisiKill1: 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
About 4 months ago, the famous actress had a mastectomy done and she wrote an OP ED about the experience. Here's an excerpt from that article on the role the man in her life played.

I am fortunate to have a partner, Brad Pitt, who is so loving and supportive. So to anyone who has a wife or girlfriend going through this, know that you are a very important part of the transition. Brad was at the Pink Lotus Breast Center, where I was treated, for every minute of the surgeries. We managed to find moments to laugh together. We knew this was the right thing to do for our family and that it would bring us closer. And it has.

For any woman reading this, I hope it helps you to know you have options. I want to encourage every woman, especially if you have a family history of breast or ovarian cancer, to seek out the information and medical experts who can help you through this aspect of your life, and to make your own informed choices.

In case some of you don't know what a mastectomy entails, here's a step by step detail on what's done.

Cancer is still a word that strikes fear into people’s hearts, producing a deep sense of powerlessness. But today it is possible to find out through a blood test whether you are highly susceptible to breast and ovarian cancer, and then take action.

My own process began on Feb. 2 with a procedure known as a “nipple delay,” which rules out disease in the breast ducts behind the nipple and draws extra blood flow to the area. This causes some pain and a lot of bruising, but it increases the chance of saving the nipple.

Two weeks later I had the major surgery, where the breast tissue is removed and temporary fillers are put in place. The operation can take eight hours. You wake up with drain tubes and expanders in your breasts. It does feel like a scene out of a science-fiction film. But days after surgery you can be back to a normal life.

Nine weeks later, the final surgery is completed with the reconstruction of the breasts with an implant. There have been many advances in this procedure in the last few years, and the results can be beautiful.

OPs girlfriend went through all of that and instead of praying she recovers well, he is here whining about losing out on a chance to touch real breast...and that's not offensive at all at all. Welcome to bizzaro world, y'all.

For those interested, you can read more about Jolie's procedure HERE and about mastectomy HERE

To all the lovely women suffering from this horrible disease, I pray God heals you in Jesus name.

To every woman out there, please if you think there is a possibility you might have breast cancer (based on family history) please get yourselves checked. Heck even if you don't think there is a posibility still get yourself checked. Don't worry about any other person's opinion. What is important is your health.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by drdams: 8:55pm On Sep 02, 2013
Ur r mistaken! Read accross d lyns. We r trying to b logical here.
Sisi_Kill:

Do you? Do you?

Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
dr dams: D case of cancer being hereditary remains a subject of debate even amongst researchers..
it is man....especially breast cancer....more than 90% of those with breast cancer has braca-1 or braca-2 gene....its hereditary
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by drdams: 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
I herby forward dis 2 u ; AS A LADY, WUD U SAY YES TO A PROPOSAL FROM UR BF WHO JUST DID VASCETOMY ( REMOVAL OF THE TESTICLES) COS OF D RISK OF CANCER TO? GIVE AN HONEST ANSWER..

HE MUST AV PASSED THROUGH PAIN TOO... DER R ODA WAYS OF GETTING A CHILD TRU..
ITS ALL ABOUT LUV ABI?
Y r u so conclusive?
We av to speak rationally and even if u r of opinionated nature, u dont av 2 be aggresive..
D fact dat OP posted it doesnt mean it affect him directly..

Sisi_Kill: About 4 months ago, the famous actress had a mastectomy done and she wrote an OP ED about the experience. Here's an excerpt from that article on the role the man in her life played.

In case some of you don't know what a mastectomy entails, here's a step by step detail on what's done.

OPs girlfriend went through all of that and instead of praying she recovers well, he is here whining about losing out on a chance to touch real breast...and that's not offensive at all. Welcome to bizzaro world, y'all.

For those interested, you can read more about Jolie's procedure HERE and about mastectomy HERE

To all the lovely women suffering from this horrible disease, I pray God heals you in Jesus name.

To every woman out there, please if you think there is a possibility you might have breast cancer (based on family history) please get yourselves check. Heck even if you don't think there is a posibility still get yourself checked. Don't worry about any other person's opinion. What is important is your health.
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by SisiKill1: 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
ibkaye: Don't propose to her and prevent her from making one of the biggest mistakes of her life in case she says yes, gahd
Lol! IB...where have you been?!

I agree with you jare, pray to God OP does not propose. Let the girl go her merry way.
ileobatojo:

Nope. There is no such debate whatsoever. There are hereditary types of cancer including brea*st cancer.
Can you imagine....read that and just shook my head. How would he know when all he cares about is his right to touch breasts with hormones. undecided
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by drdams: 9:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
Egbami o!! Where did I talk abt touching hormones..

1. PROLACTIN is an hormones dat facilitate milk production - my tot abt hormones here was breastfeeding and d motherly bond.

2. U r contradicting urself. Ok as pple av said here, its hereditary, meaning even cutting it off wont stop it frm transferring to ur offspring.
Dat simply implies that all ur generations will keep cutting their breast off.
If it sex linked, most females in ur generation will be breastless ( if they choose to be proactive as u said)

3. The fact that its hereditary even makes d matter worse.
Sisi_Kill:

I agree with you jare, pray to God OP does not propose. Let the girl go her merry way.

Can you imagine....read that and just shook my head. How would he know when all he cares about is his right to touch breasts with hormones. undecided
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2013
Bosom cancer is one if not the worst thing to happen to any woman.
Its terrible!
The first time I set eyes on a patient with such,I tot it was full blown AIDS. Luckly d woman has stopped procreating. Later one was cut. The children were all giving away to stay with relatives and some other pple. Hubby don't do anything again.
We tot everything is ok but it started again on d other br*east. That one too was cut off. No b again.
Ok let this woman be now since d cancerous tissues hv been cut, for where! Only for her to die on dec 25th when we all were at home celebrating xmas. So bad.
Since then,I always advocate for gals,mummies to please do urself good and check ur bs. It doesn't cost a thing.

I had wished that it would hv been better for that woman to hv died than passing tru what she passed tru. Such a lovely lady.
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by SisiKill1: 9:47pm On Sep 02, 2013
dr dams: Egbami o!! Where did I talk abt touching hormones..

1. PROLACTIN is an hormones dat facilitate milk production - my tot abt hormones here was breastfeeding and d motherly bond.

2. U r contradicting urself. Ok as pple av said here, its hereditary, meaning even cutting it off wont stop it frm transferring to ur offspring.
Dat simply implies that all ur generations will keep cutting their breast off.
If it sex linked, most females in ur generation will be breastless ( if they choose to be proactive as u said)

3. The fact that its hereditary even makes d matter worse.
Lol! No be you say read between the lines. cheesy

Your initial post before you modified it was more particular about the artificial boob and subsequent posts touched on the lack of hormones in the artificial breasts. In the grand scheme of things I.e life and death what does it matter if she has artificial breasts?

You lot drool over breast implants done for the sake of pure vanity, yet a woman putting her health first becomes an issue to be discussed....what gives naa?!!

As for the other part of your post talking about contradiction of hereditary and surgery....might I suggest you go do more reading on the subject?
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

My dear, how are you!? Around o, you nko? cheesy

Thankyou!
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by drdams: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
Ok I hear...
Though u r stil contradicting.
Only a fraction is hereditary..
5% itself is insignificant.

Most of u ladies have never gone for Mammography.
2. If NGOs dont come for free check ups, no lady is ready to fund her self to a scan until she discovers a Lump yet can spend silly on Brazillian hair and other shortlived materials of very low value.
3. Most of u are even scared of going for the test.

Sisi_Kill:
Lol! No be you say read between the lines. Your intitial post before you modified it was more particular about the artificial boob and subsequents posts touched on the lack of hormones in the artificial breasts. In the grand scheme of things I.e life and deathn what does it matter if she has artificial breasts?

You lot drool over breast implants done for the sake of pure vanity, yet a woman putting her health first becomes an issue to be discussed....what gives naa?!!

As for the other part of your post talking about contradiction of herederity and surgery....might I suggest you go do more reading on the subject?
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by okpukmbat: 11:09pm On Sep 02, 2013
if you asked me, who will i ask......... ? @ op
thou shall not tempt the lord thy God, i will not marry her oooooooo.
What will o tell my generation. Abeg ask me another question jare.
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by eldoradoxx: 11:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Do you? Do you?

We obviously don't operate on same mental wave length. Because if we do, you would understand what empathy means. You would know that your comments at all times ought to be seasoned. You do not say derogatory things about people who have a sickness. I still maintain that it is not fair. You obviously are oblivious of the wrong emotion such description of a cancer patient you painted above would have on those sick and their loved ones who nurse them. I know a friend who lost her loved one to cancer, 10 yrs after she is not able to move on. I don't mean you shouldn't advocate the need for people to screen themselves of cancer at earliest time, but for you to go ahead painting the case as a death sentence is uncharitable. That is just my view and I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by okpukmbat: 11:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
op u mean removal of dis....

Hell no
Re: Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? by babsomotde(m): 11:37pm On Sep 02, 2013
I never pray for such in my life. And I don't think I will see such.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Is Wrong For A Woman To Respect Her Husband — Apostle Okose (pics,video) / Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? / I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.