Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Please Review The New Christian Moderators! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Review The New Christian Moderators! (1742 Views)

Muslim Embraces Jesus Christ And Now Even Baptises New Christian Converts After / I Want To Wish My New Christian Friends A Happy Sabbath! / Cfaith.TV - A New Christian Tv Channel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2)

Re: Please Review The New Christian Moderators! by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 01, 2013
Hi seun,

I must say that bringing this up now rather than later is a step in the right direction. A good feedback system aims at helping people grow as against witch-haunting them and I am quite glad that Alex saw the wisdom in this move you have initiated.

My review will be done in two posts. The first will be a general review while the second will focus on the individual moderators.

MODERATOR REVIEW (GENERAL):

On a scale of 1 to 10, I will give the moderators a rating of 5. This might seem rather harsh but the following reasons are the basis for my rating:

1) Team spirit:

a) The moderators have demonstrated to us that they can indeed work as a team when the need arises. We have seen situations where the moderators stand by each other when the chips are down. This is a good thing and should be encouraged. I rate them a 10 here out of a possible 10.

b) However, some of the ish we have noted so far could have been easily avoided if proper team consultations had been done. A good example would be the ish with the sticky threads. If appropriate team consultations had been carried out the following wouldn't have occurred:

i) Creation of sticky threads at will.
ii) Modifications of the title to sticky threads only to change them later on.
iii) Unstick a thread only to go back and make it a sticky.

The above sends the message that the moderators are either indecisive or that they are easily swayed, which is not a good thing because it could be mistaken for weakness.

This ish can easily be curbed by making proper team consultations in the mod section. Before any major decision is taken, the mods should deliberate on it, review the pros and cons of the decision and if the pros outweighs the cons, then they can go ahead with the decision.

If there is need for further consultations, they can still liaise with the more experienced mods e.g mukina or Obino to give their opinion on the decision. This way, they can make a decision without going back on it; and if any member put up a challenge, they would have proper explanation on why the decision was made.

If the rationale for the decision makes sense, we will accept it, even though we might not be happy with it. One thing I have noticed here is that members might speak out of emotions but when faced with superior logic they tend to back down. The rating here is sadly a 3 out of 10.

2) Public disagreements amongst mods:

I noticed this ish just once and I hope it does not repeat itself. This goes against team spirit and has a tendency to cause chaos. Moderators, under know circumstance should they disagree publicly. If your fellow moderator is wrong, please make the necessary correction in the mod section.

I won't expound on this given that I only noticed it one time. My rating here is a 2 out of a possible 10.

The total points amassed so far = 10+3+2 = 15

Possible points available = 30

The final rating = 15/30 X 10

= 5

Remark:

The good thing here is that the mods are relatively new and have demonstrated a willingness to learn. I am confident that this rating can become a 10 soonest.

3 Likes

Re: Please Review The New Christian Moderators! by Seun(m): 8:06am On Sep 01, 2013
Thank you all for your valuable feedback. The young moderators are very grateful for it. I will reopen this thread later.

(1) (2)

Kirk Franklin May Have Joined The Dark Side / Queen Of The Coast-manufacturer Of Diseases / Who Impregnated Holy Mary The Mother Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.