Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,814,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo (14719 Views)

Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke / Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ / El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by abu12: 7:21am On Sep 01, 2013
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=119082

Former President Olusegun Obsanjo on Saturday replied Ijaw leader, Edwin Clark’s comment on him, saying his utterances showedit was time for him (Clark) to retire from politics. Obasanjo’s Chief of Staff, Mr. Victor Durodola, who responded to comments credited to Clark in a newspaper (not PUNCH) accusing Obasanjo of sowing seeds of discord in the Peoples Democratic Party, and urging him to retire, said it was Clark who needed to retire.

Among other things, Clark had said the former President caused the current crisis in PDP by instigating Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State and Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State to contest the Presidency in 2015.

Durodola told SUNDAY PUNCH that all of Clark’s allegations were baseless since he failed to provide evidence to substantiate his claims.

He said, “Usually, Baba will not dignify such a comment with a response. If he says somebody is sponsoring Governor Rotimi Amaechi, what evidence has he provided? If you have a son and he is not in good terms with your friend, will you kill your son so that your friend will know that you are his friend? That is not the way to live life. The best an elder can do is to try and settle quarrels, if there are any. Remember he (Obasanjo) is an elder statesman, a former President.

“Edwin Clark, you can see from all his utterances that he is actually the one who should go and sit down. He should not be involved in politics, he should be a leader. But if he is involved in politics, that is okay for him.The fact is that there is nothing he is saying now that he has not said before. Baba would not join issues with someone like Edwin Clark; he wouldn’t. He ought to have provided evidence, instead of making general pronouncements.”

Durodola added that Obasanjo believed that democracy meant Amaechi, Lamido or any Nigerian, had the right to contest any office they choose.

He said, “Are Lamido and Amaechi not Nigerians? Are they not eligible? Is Clark himself not eligible? What is wrong with somebody contesting? There is democracy. There should be no seal. Whoever wants to contest should be free to contest. Let the primary election determine who should be the candidate of the party. Everybody should be free to contest, including Clark. He is an elder statesman, he should know that this idea of because somebody is interested in contesting, then he becomes an enemy, is not the way of civilisation. Democracy means freedom for everybody.”

He insisted that contrary to popular opinion, Obasanjo and President Goodluck Jonathan were in good terms.

“Just to clarify things, Obasanjo is not quarreling with Jonathan. They talk; they interact; they meet; they travel together. The fact is that he (Obasanjo) likes to express himself, and he believes in democracy,” he said.

7 Likes

Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by Toktee(m): 7:46am On Sep 01, 2013
That iz the truth,the old man talk talk like a garage taut

4 Likes

Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by Toomaxi(m): 7:54am On Sep 01, 2013
Both of them shld retire lobatan

2 Likes

Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by Eledan: 8:02am On Sep 01, 2013
The last thing anybody will accuse Baba OBJ for is ethnic and tribal politics...

You can't say the same for Clark...everything is all about Ijaw.

51 Likes

Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by crystalballs: 8:17am On Sep 01, 2013
ok
Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by kaze4blues(m): 8:23am On Sep 01, 2013
Long live OBJ....

The pillar behind the sustenance of nigeria's democracy

2 Likes

Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by eightsin(m): 8:23am On Sep 01, 2013
Make them go lick stew for hell. They are responsible for what this country is today either directly or oda wise.
Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by myners007: 8:26am On Sep 01, 2013
clark,obj and anenih make una pack una political bag go village go enjoy old age.
Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by Acutex: 8:26am On Sep 01, 2013
Sometimes I put a pillow between my thighs at night and pretend it's guy... At other times, I pretend I'm not the cause of Nigeria problems and call myself Baba

1 Like

Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by austynooo: 8:27am On Sep 01, 2013
OBJ,,,,,hmmmmmm,ur tym is up!

1 Like

Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by Venus1: 8:28am On Sep 01, 2013
We yoruba still love you baba
Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by mu2sa2: 8:28am On Sep 01, 2013
Both Obj and Clark are self-serving politicians with do-or-die attitude to power. For these greedy men, until death do them part with politics.

1 Like

Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by Bigcake: 8:29am On Sep 01, 2013
Endtime tings
Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by Seequadry(m): 8:29am On Sep 01, 2013
Tualeh fuun babaooo!! Agba awo ton fin bucket mugari.. grin irunmole gbogbo agbaiye OBJ..

1 Like

Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by ofala(m): 8:30am On Sep 01, 2013
I can point to some positive things OBJ did for Nigeria but for Clark....? Both should leave our political space for we the younger generations.....lesth i forget 'Mr Clark, everything doesnt and WILL never start and end in Ijaw'........i am not saying this for you or people who reason like you to believe but ITS JUST THE TRUTH
Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by LagosBoi2(m): 8:31am On Sep 01, 2013
Baba ni yen, you get your reply for left hand always smiley
Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by stevebuilt: 8:31am On Sep 01, 2013
All these old old people schould leave politics my fellow nigerians what do u guys think
Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by bigt2(m): 8:32am On Sep 01, 2013
Obasanjo no fit retire cos old soldier never dies grin
happy new month y'all!

1 Like

Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by oloyedayo(m): 8:32am On Sep 01, 2013
hmmmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by chymystique(f): 8:34am On Sep 01, 2013
TWO UGLY OLD MEN Opening thr decayed Mouth anyhow.. Dey shld both Retire undecided
Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by free2ryhme: 8:37am On Sep 01, 2013
pot calling kettle black

grin

1 Like

Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 01, 2013
Na dem sabi! As long as it's PDP, who cares?
Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by Jeel: 8:43am On Sep 01, 2013
OBJ my right hand man. I wish you did third term all this wahala for no de again. We for no even smell BH close. Anyway BABA i hail you. I like your political mafiarism
Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by StObaino1(m): 8:45am On Sep 01, 2013
Old papas at it again.
Make we clear ground for dem to fight. It will be fun

Abeg make nobody separate the fight.
Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by alaoeri: 8:48am On Sep 01, 2013
Both OBJ & Clark 'll be put to dust bin of history come 2015.
Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by jamace(m): 8:48am On Sep 01, 2013
Both should retire. They have deprived youths of political relevance and leadership for too long thereby causing political unemployment for the youths.
Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by EbirichBen(m): 8:49am On Sep 01, 2013
These Fools. May God Bless Nigerians and Nigeria. wink

1 Like

Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by omenka(m): 8:50am On Sep 01, 2013
We need neither of them.
Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 01, 2013
thief
Re: Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 01, 2013
No one is viewing the thread. Abi na my eyes dey deceive me? Interesting! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7-Year-Old Planned To Bomb Dalori IDP Camp, Gets Arrested / Buhari Approves Ecological Fund Projects In 11 States / Ambode Joins Muslim Brothers To Celebrate Eid-el-kabir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.