Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,030 members, 7,838,582 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana (15472 Views)

Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Fashola Calls For State Police, Apologises On Deportation Of Igbos / Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana by Omotolaaraujo(f): 11:38pm On Sep 02, 2013
I am surprised at the comments here. If the stinking government was spending money to help people instead of lining their pockets with it, there would be programs for all Nigerians that are hungry and out of work. If the government cared one tiny little bit about any of you, they would be generating jobs and electricity, but NO, they don't care if you sit in the dark and put up with sputtering generators.

The truth is, the lousy government don't give a damn about any of you. Don't blame the poor, no matter where they come from. Nigeria has a renegade government full of criminals and looters, and you squawk in their defense. Put up with it with a smile on your face.
Re: How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana by Dipoly(m): 11:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
Rural-urban migration needs 2 be checked by responsible govt. In ma own candid opinion, intra-state 'deportation' should be encouraged too. Even if you ar a bonafide indigene of ya state, if U dnt v any business whatsoever being in da state-capital or any of the major town therein, you should be 'deported' ASAP. Go back to ur villa n do sumtin worthwhile lyk farming, fishing, weaving etc I knw of a LG chairman who lives 4n d state capital n administer his council area 4rm d comfort of his mansion in plateau state. Now is d tym 2 get it right. Let's shun tribalism, ethnicity, sentiment, politics of hatred. Let's address issues dat impacts on us negatively as a nation. Peace b unto us.

2 Likes

Re: How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana by nyabingi(m): 6:16am On Sep 03, 2013
all of u supporting apc for deporting Ndi Igbo and dumping them @d foot bridge in onitsha at the wee hours of 3am even when all were nt anambra indegens shoild come to okokomaiko bus stop right now and see the real meaning the word "nuisance" these old and young hausa beggers even defecate on the roads and slabs constructed by the government but fashola will not deport them all because of his apc aliance and the fear of boko haram!!
Re: How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana by FutureSenator: 6:40am On Sep 03, 2013
It would have been better if all those laws are ever followed. Mtcheww.
Re: How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 03, 2013
odua son: Anambra deported hausa beggars, ibos kept quiet
Abia sacked non indegene civil workers ibos never uttered a word.
Osun repratiates yoruba and hausa destitute,ibos made jest of them.
Lagos repratriates hausa and yoruba destitutes,ibos made fun of them
Now lagos repatriates 14 ibos destitutes,the hypocrites suddenly remembered there was a constitution.and fashola is a law breaker:/:/:/
may thunder fire all ur family including u, and may hot water hot enough to peel the tortoise shell from itz back rain in that ur compound, foolish !mbecile
Re: How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana by ocelot2006(m): 8:12am On Sep 03, 2013
Garri the 1st: Thank you Falana for stating YOUR opinion.

But the fact remains: Lagos State CANNNOT continue to spend its meager resources on caring for beggars and destitutes from Alaigbo and other parts of Nigeria. Its is uneconomical and impractical.

Thanks..

cool

And how did Lagos "take care" of these destitutes with its "meagre" (k, that's funny) resources?
Re: How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana by Confusionist(m): 8:29am On Sep 03, 2013
Movingcoil: may thunder fire all my family including me, and may hot water hot enough to peel the tortoise shell from itz back rain in that our compound, i, foolish !mbecile
grin grin grin *clears throat* u were saying? grin
Re: How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana by ifyfaith: 9:54am On Sep 03, 2013
Garri the 1st: Thank you Falana for stating YOUR opinion.

But the fact remains: Lagos State CANNNOT continue to spend its meager resources on caring for beggars and destitutes from Alaigbo and other parts of Nigeria. Its is uneconomical and impractical.

Thanks..

cool

are u trying to say that there are no beggars and destitute from lagos state residing in other states? just a question.
Re: How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana by glories: 10:07am On Sep 03, 2013
SamAfrik: I av been trying 2 remember wn an Igbo stood up for another tribe in Nigeria. Unfortunately found none. Even an highly respected Achebe couldnt do such but always promoting Igbo agenda.
Well, Yorubas will always be 4 fairness. Tanx Femi Falan

where are u when Odumegwu of the NPC was fighting for the wrong done to lagos on regards the last census
Re: How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana by roxell120(m): 10:29am On Sep 03, 2013
profola2be: Falana,the only Question I will ask u is this: what are those deported to their state of Origin doing in Lagos in the first place?
Do they have any work doing in Lagos?
Do they have any place to reside,besides under the bridges in Lagos?
If the answers to the questions are No,then,I do not see anything wrong in their deportation,as a matter of fact,they should go back to the villages and contribute to the economy of their states through farming!

young man my question to u is, are u referring to lagos as a country or a state within nigeria? do u know a citizen has every right to live anywhere in his country? why do u people reason through ur anus? do u want to tell me that that there are no yoruba beggers in other parts of nigeria? how many igbo beggers do u see on the streets of lagos compare to yoruba nd hausa beggers.? haven't u noticed yoruba begging tactics around lagos where young mothers tie their kids on their back begging in troops? better start talking abt seccession instead of harrassing innocent pple in their country tribalistically which yorubas are good at.
Re: How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana by comrChris(m): 11:11am On Sep 03, 2013
if nt because of ds xame populatn fashola s tryin 2reduce lagos wudnt b getn d huge allocatn dey r gettin,.wen u talk of beggers huasas n yorubas r professors in it come 2 mushi n c hw healthy guyz covers dey faces begging wit long canes
Re: How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana by AkamuandStew: 11:22am On Sep 03, 2013
ifyfaith:

are u trying to say that there are no beggars and destitute from lagos state residing in other states? just a question.

Lagos beggars in other states should be reunited with their families.

If in doubt as to how its done, ask Akpabio..

grin
Re: How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana by globatop: 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2013
Much has been said about the deportation of non indigen from Lagos,we all know that Federal allocation are given to the state based on the result of population census, ask non indigens of Lagos state whether they were counted in Lagos during the last census exercise, majority of them traveled back to their respective states to boost their state federal allocation, their Gov has squandered their fund hence their state is not conducive for them to stay, they should rather demand for better welfare in their state rather than call Fashola names for helping to expose their Gov.
Re: How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana by mojah19: 6:11pm On Sep 03, 2013
profola2be: Falana,the only Question I will ask u is this: what are those deported to their state of Origin doing in Lagos in the first place?
Do they have any work doing in Lagos?
Do they have any place to reside,besides under the bridges in Lagos?
If the answers to the questions are No,then,I do not see anything wrong in their deportation,as a matter of fact,they should go back to the villages and contribute to the economy of their states through farming!

It is a pity.
It is a pity
Re: How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana by dbty(m): 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2013
[quote author=Confusionist]First:

Don't get this twisted, to be first to comment is a beautiful thing! grin

Second:

If this guys has a brain as acclaimed in his title, he shld undstnd dt the word 'deportation' is only coined by political vagrants like himself who are without shame!

The word is repatriation!! And it stands like that! You can only deport within international boarders!

Third:

Lagos is only a small land mass! Na u dey force the govt to fill up the ocean to make space? These people had no place to live! They stay under bridge, on the streets, and at makoko!
They infect the place with debasing figures!
Can't they stay in their place?

Forth:

there is something called, 'state of origin'!!! U shld change the constitution first!
And those with legit biz can stay anywhere in d country as we all knw they will face wot they are doing!

Fifth:

Sir, u are a disgrace, and no doubt, have been paid!!!

Even the igbos are letting the matter rest, what is ur own?

Person wey buy milk don finish content throway tin, na u come dey use the tin as drum dey disturb the area!

Gerraway jur!!! Mumu!

I don't know the class of citizen you belong,but I have to let you know that the government of fashola is only for the rich.
What is democracy?is it abt some set of pple or everybody?every nigerian either by birth or any means ve right to dwell in any place he/she desire within the country.
the fact that ¥҉ϋ ve a job and can afford a living does not mean you should despise the poor.you are only privilege to be better than them.the poor ve equal rite with you as a citizen of nigeria.
Until our government do what is right,security of life and property can never be sure. We shld not only be looking for means to fight insecurity alone but also ,we shld find means of eradicating it.
in years to come,the rejected might ve found the power to ask for their right.I pray lagos and so called lagosian wld nt regret the implication of their present action.we shld learn from woolwich killing in uk and from the present insecurity we are facing in the country. Empower citizen, show them love, and respect their right as stipulated by constitution.
Re: How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana by peculiar17(m): 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2013
Forth:
there is something called, 'state of origin'!!! U shld
change the constitution first!
Wht is it in d constitution dt needs change??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him / Aisha Buhari Receives Ambassador Of China, Zhou Pingjian(pics) / Buhari Is Victim Of His Own Transparency - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.