Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? (26301 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Klinee: 6:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
kandiikane:

I didn't bother reading all of the nonsense up there but what I can say is for you to sit your azz down and mind your business instead of poking your bloody nose inside a man's azz trying to condemn the penìs that has been in there.

Only the illiterates will compare same sex relations to bloody sex relations and someone fucking up your dead ancestor's corpse.
An idio.t so gay is better than necrophile? Mu.mu just imagine gayism inside ur mind how did it sound?1, Disgusting! This is main reason i will kill and support the killing of such evil person. 2. God ask u to kill such an evil person. 3.its against humanity just like murderer,canibalism,succide-bombing becos they did not support human existance. 4.its against nature. 5.its unhuman. 6. Its abormination against God and men. 7.its decieving i.e. Unstriaght act. 8 its evil and satanic. They deserve death penalty! No doubt about it.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2013
^^^

This guy needs more help than any gay person can ever need.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by kandiikane(m): 12:19am On Sep 09, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

That's bollocks. What you want is for me to shut up, moreso since I disagree as regards the gay issue. It so happens I was mute for a while, now is the time I speak. And it is asinine and fraudulent that you dismiss people who disagree based on hypocrisy, their supposedly being gay, that involves consensual sex and what's not and ignore parallels drawn to other deviancies because you must play the ostrich to bigger issues. Get your a$$ back down to the fashion section. The next time I catch you talking BS as regards this issue, fully expect my censure, unless otherwise undone.

Good day.

See this stupìd uneducated havard wannabe professor. Tell me, what sense does your bullshyt comments on homosexuality make? I've had better arguments on this issue from pleep. Goat!
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by kandiikane(m): 12:21am On Sep 09, 2013
Klinee: An idio.t so gay is better than necrophile? Mu.mu just imagine gayism inside ur mind how did it sound?1, Disgusting! This is main reason i will kill and support the killing of such evil person. 2. God ask u to kill such an evil person. 3.its against humanity just like murderer,canibalism,succide-bombing becos they did not support human existance. 4.its against nature. 5.its unhuman. 6. Its abormination against God and men. 7.its decieving i.e. Unstriaght act. 8 its evil and satanic. They deserve death penalty! No doubt about it.

Abeg, what is this goat on about?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 09, 2013
kandiikane:

See this stupìd uneducated havard wannabe professor. Tell me, what sense does your bullshyt comments on homosexuality make? I've had better arguments on this issue from pleep. Goat!
kandiikane:

You've given me life lol

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:32am On Sep 09, 2013
SO we can assume that kandi is a lesbian
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:32am On Sep 09, 2013
ibkaye:

You've given me life lol
stop being shy she doesn't bite, she licks tho
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:35am On Sep 09, 2013
kandiikane: What I don't even understand is how black people can condemn and discriminate against a minority when they are yet to come out of slavery. Una stupìd baaad!
talk for yourself and countrymen...anyway u alone know what u mean by black people
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by telexfree1: 12:37am On Sep 09, 2013
A GAY PERSON HAS A MUCH BETTER CHANCE OF MAKING HEAVEN THAN AN ATHEIST OR AGNOTIST

To y'all making harsh judgmental comments, where have you shown the agape love that is supposed to define a christian ?
Brother Hezron, I perceive that you truly desired to take a step in the right hence the reason for you original post. I advise you to locate a church where you can confide in a man of God for counseling . Let the Spirit guide you.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:41am On Sep 09, 2013
kandiikane:

See this ignorance. So since one cannot be born gay, one can't be born straight, right? It's also a choice we make?

If you can't be christian and gay, it also means you can't be christian and a fornicator therefore majority of christians are not christians.
Id10t always talking through your anus. The difference between fornicators ,thieves,etc and gay is the formers ask for forgiveness and know they are sinning, they know they are on the wrong path...while the later are stubborns and want us to swallow their we are born that way , God created us that way BS .u people are sinning and don't want to repent.the people cheering are as stupid as you . Stop making a mockery of yourself
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:48am On Sep 09, 2013
9ja_Hottest_Gay: Cameroonpride is viewing this thread, expectedly! Covert gays
dude u don't want to mess with me I will beat u up or worse even kill u... We are very anti gay where I'm from, so I will advise u to not mention me anymore.

I commented on this thread as a Nlers so it obvious that i Will check the new comments, unfortunately I have been banned from this section so I can't answer or keep commenting. I know u dreamis a world full of homosexuals but we still outnumber u and we will finish u .
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:51am On Sep 09, 2013
kandiikane:

oh, you're only just finding out. Mention vagìna to that guy and he go run away in disgust.
nice description of your father..
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by HezronLorraine(m): 1:48am On Sep 09, 2013
telexfree1: A GAY PERSON HAS A MUCH BETTER CHANCE OF MAKING HEAVEN THAN AN ATHEIST OR AGNOTIST

To y'all making harsh judgmental comments, where have you shown the agape love that is supposed to define a christian ?
Brother Hezron, I perceive that you truly desired to take a step in the right hence the reason for you original post. I advise you to locate a church where you can confide in a man of God for counseling . Let the Spirit guide you.
Thanks for the positive comment.well,the problem is what Nigerian church.there are new generational churches which are welcoming but some are just not cut out for my pentecoastal faith.I so far haven't heard an extremist christian fanatical anti-gay comment from my Bishop,though I know he's partly homophobic.but it hasn't been discussed openly in church.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by kandiikane(m): 2:18am On Sep 09, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: nice description of your father..
atleast I have a father unlike a baboon's offspring like you.

CAMNEWTON4PRES: Id10t always talking through your anus. The difference between fornicators ,thieves,etc and gay is the formers ask for forgiveness and know they are sinning, they know they are on the wrong path...while the later are stubborns and want us to swallow their we are born that way , God created us that way BS .u people are sinning and don't want to repent.the people cheering are as stupid as you . Stop making a mockery of yourself

This is what I mean, instead of using logic to answer you're using a manmade text to spew utter shyt.
Talk to me when you've grown to become a man. I don't entertain kids.

CAMNEWTON4PRES: SO we can assume that kandi is a lesbian

Wow! You're so smart!
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:10am On Sep 09, 2013
kandiikane:

This is what I mean, instead of using logic to answer you're using a manmade text to spew utter shyt.

Wow! You're so smart!
SO BABOONS FALL FROM THE SKY? AH AH AT LEASTMY DAD AIN'T WEARING PAMPERS .

See me this moronic bastard, so your pseudo equality BS and rights for gay were written by God and not men right? Dumb illiterate.
Ah ah talk to me when u stop being a coward and an internet warrior, u shithole country, your jobless and useless president are known to b against homosexuality, yet I have never heard about any Gambian homosexuality activist ..see me this offspring of dirty cattle herders trying to preach about homosexuality go and do it in your country and we will ...a Muslim trying to tell us who is Christian and who's not... Homosexuals ain't Christians deal with or accept them in your blood thirsty religion.
Bunch of cowards...tourists are butt fcking kids in your country and the only thing u can talk of is homosexuality how petty and dumb from a pseudo grown girl. U are joke.fight for their rights in your poverty stricken country and I will know u mean business.

Congrats to the gambian president treat them right..even the Senegal u r leeching on doesn't allow that sh1t ...
Dirty lesbian, may some slice your throat
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:11am On Sep 09, 2013
kandiikane:

Wow! You're so smart!

See me this moronic bastard, so your pseudo equality BS and rights for gay were written by God and not men right? Dumb illiterate.
Ah ah talk to me when u stop being a coward and an internet warrior, u shithole country, your jobless and useless president are known to b against homosexuality, yet I have never heard about any Gambian homosexuality activist ..see me this offspring of dirty cattle herders trying to preach about homosexuality go and do it in your country and we will ...a Muslim trying to tell us who is Christian and who's not... Homosexuals ain't Christians deal with or accept them in your blood thirsty religion.
Bunch of cowards...tourists are butt fcking kids in your country and the only thing u can talk of is homosexuality how petty and dumb from a pseudo grown girl. U are joke.fight for their rights in your poverty stricken country and I will know u mean business.

Congrats to the gambian president treat them right..even the Senegal u r leeching on doesn't allow that sh1t ...
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:12am On Sep 09, 2013
The lesbian airhead actually thinks she is saying anything meaningful
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by kandiikane(m): 3:59am On Sep 09, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

*yawns*
You bore me, kid. Your dumbness is baffling, I don 't understand how one can ask whether being pro-gay or pro-choice is written by God or by man. Idiot, I am using my brain, You know that thing inside your skull, yes, that. Try and use it sometimes.

Lol, it's really funny when africans start calling other african countries poor. Are we not from the same poverty stricken continent or abi cameroon is a first world? Uselessness of the highest order, instead of trying to do something meaningful with your life, you're here threatening to kill gàys. Did I not tell you I don't entertain children? Grow some pubic hair hun before you decide to utter stupidìty to me. Silly kid, I am an internet warrior? Do you think I have the time to be arguing with a useless good for nothing baboon bastàrd? No, hun, I do not. You keep sitting behind your computer spewing foolishness to add spice to your lonely miserable life. Bìtch azz negro, threatening to kill? Shut the phuck up my friend and go sit in your phucking corner when I am talking. Right now,
a homosexual is getting his azz pounded, do something. Cow! Goodnight!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 4:43am On Sep 09, 2013
kandiikane:

Hahahaha,thank God its not just me. That's uyi for you o,he just does not ever make sense. The best u can do is ignore him so you don't get a headache from reading the long trash he calls argument.

Uyi u see urself,brother stop trying to sound intelligent it will only expose how dull u trully are. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:07am On Sep 09, 2013
Dumb azz lesbian....actually in my country they get jailed , we don't need to kill them, we have a "say no to homosexuality day" can u beat that? We are anti homo and are proud. We show it ..what about u ? What have u done to make them come out of the closet in your country? The answer is Nothing .you are a non entity an useless internet warrior ..u ain't got no voice..go walk in your streets and say all the things you posted here...where is your voice, at least there are activists in Cameroon, u fcking coward, talk about being a grown girl lwkmd ... grin grin grin

As for gambia u guys actually belong to the 4th world update your knowledge(that's if u have any) now go
fix your poverty stricken jungle . Fcking gambian preaching about gay rights what an irony. So your fight ends here ? We might b in the same Africa but shoes get size ooo ..
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by UyiIredia(m): 7:21am On Sep 09, 2013
kandiikane:

I dey laff ! What sense you ask ? Even if I told you, that brain of yours will not understand because it's bathed in bias for gays. Lemme try again. You stretch the moral line when you allow for gays. This, I repeat, this is why opposers use examples of other deviancies. So far, you've played chicken to my question, here it is again: What would or could you do to a father who sleeps with the daughter consensually ? Why would you say it is immoral ? And if you think consensual inc*st doesn't happen, you are on a very long thing.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by UyiIredia(m): 7:27am On Sep 09, 2013
Hettymoore:
Hahahaha,thank God its not just me. That's uyi for you o,he just does not ever make sense. The best u can do is ignore him so you don't get a headache from reading the long trash he calls argument.

Uyi u see urself,brother stop trying to sound intelligent it will only expose how dull u trully are. cheesy

In fact, I'm tired of insults. I go just dey laff. You had better tell me what's senseless in my argument rather than make excuses. All I do is try to be as accurate as possible when speaking my mind, since I'm talking to educated folks, and I ain't no Obahiagbon your accusations hold no water. State what doesn't make sense. Sheesh ! Even logicboy does better.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by UyiIredia(m): 7:55am On Sep 09, 2013
Purist:
Apart from your idiotic insistence on comparing homosexuality (which has no known adverse effect on humanity) with stealing and murder (whose extremely negative effects are self-evident), all you've said so far can be summed up into one ridiculous non sequitur:

I dey laff ! It is because you're on the gay supporters team your intellect hasn't gotten no slight yet. Let's see what you have here. I see, so being gay have no known adverse effect. Let me grant that. It just proves my point when I said disgust has been used as a metric to determine morality or otherwise. It so happens that if you use adversity as a moral compass, you fall into circularity, because adversity presumes evil. It is pitiable you don't mention lying. It is laughable you hardly note that stealing has been beneficial, much more so when the perpetrator isn't caught, the same for murder.

It so happens Van snickers reason for supporting gays was because theirs is in-built. I told him if he said that, certain serial-killers could go scot-free and I mentioned how precedents have been already set when they were shown psychologically impaired. The man wasn't eager to acknowledge the genetic factor of serial killing, or to moralize it based on that.

Purist:
"I find it disgusting, thus, immoral."

I don't find it disgusting. But I find it immoral. You assume too much yet know so little about me when it comes to this.

Purist:
Until you are able to provide a reasonable answer to kandiikane's earlier question, you and I have nothing to discuss here.
* emphases mine

If it's the one on gays making out (or le$bians) I'll say the same: I deem it immoral. A simple answer which I've explained to yet more ignorance. Again from you. I'll explain again. Arguments used to support morality/immorality are circular since the morality/immorality reasons used are already presumed. For example, your allusion to adversity as a basis of immorality. It is because you've deemed adversity bad. It so happens you ignored it, like thehomer, as regards lying. Presumably, because it isn't as adverse. And yet ignored the happiness or utility such acts bring to some.

Don't get disgusted yet.

If it is agreed that arguments for morality are flawed in being circular, then we must make recourse to the basis of morality. A conscious intelligence which arbitrates certain physical events to be good or bad. Or given humans predilection to contradict, both good and bad. Ergo, we choose, given our intellect, that gay is okay or wrong. I did such in a manner opposed to yours. Now I must wonder whether you would have complained if I deemed being gay as good.

Pardon me sir BUT

I just dey laff !
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Klinee: 8:14am On Sep 09, 2013
kandiikane:

imagine the type of world we are living! A satanic he-goat calling a normal person a goat. Mu.mu! Die there!
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by telexfree1: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Thanks for the positive comment.well,the problem is what Nigerian church.there are new generational churches which are welcoming but some are just not cut out for my pentecoastal faith.I so far haven't heard an extremist christian fanatical anti-gay comment from my Bishop,though I know he's partly homophobic.but it hasn't been discussed openly in church.

My mind tells me you are probably in the right place. Have you actually shared this with him ?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by HezronLorraine(m): 11:13am On Sep 09, 2013
telexfree1:

My mind tells me you are probably in the right place. Have you actually shared this with him ?
I'm talking of the person of Bishop Oyedepo.No,though I've met with him one on one but not to discuss about my s.exual orientation.Moreover access to the Bishop is very strict.you'll have to go through a train of juniour and associate pastors.I really doubt his comment would be of any difference.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by kandiikane(m): 11:34am On Sep 09, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I dey laff ! What sense you ask ? Even if I told you, that brain of yours will not understand because it's bathed in bias for gays. Lemme try again. You stretch the moral line when you allow for gays. This, I repeat, this is why opposers use examples of other deviancies. So far, you've played chicken to my question, here it is again: What would or could you do to a father who sleeps with the daughter consensually ? Why would you say it is immoral ? And if you think consensual inc*st doesn't happen, you are on a very long thing.

Oh wow! So, going by your logic, all those people that were fighting for black rights were 'bias for black' too. You know what you are indeed an ediot! I don't know how you managed to get a computer it should be a illegal for uneducated foòls to access the internet.

CAMNEWTON4PRES: Dumb azz lesbian....actually in my country they get jailed , we don't need to kill them, we have a "say no to homosexuality day" can u beat that? We are anti homo and are proud. We show it ..what about u ? What have u done to make them come out of the closet in your country? The answer is Nothing .you are a non entity an useless internet warrior ..u ain't got no voice..go walk in your streets and say all the things you posted here...where is your voice, at least there are activists in Cameroon, u fcking coward, talk about being a grown girl lwkmd ... grin grin grin

As for gambia u guys actually belong to the 4th world update your knowledge(that's if u have any) now go
fix your poverty stricken jungle . Fcking gambian preaching about gay rights what an irony. So your fight ends here ? We might b in the same Africa but shoes get size ooo ..

See this ediot! I have told you I am done with you. Why are you in america if cameroon is filled with unending riches? Nah, you must definitely be your uncle's son because that inbreeding must have phucked up your sense of reasoning and growth. I do not need to go in the streets to be pro-gay, the internet is easily accessible by anyone to know where I stand on this matter. Son, get some education !!!! What has irony got to do with this?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by kandiikane(m): 11:41am On Sep 09, 2013
Klinee: imagine the type of world we are living! A satanic he-goat calling a normal person a goat. Mu.mu! Die there!
Abeg, shut up if you don't have anything sensible to say.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy , I'm feeling u bad@ kandikane
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Purist(m): 12:46pm On Sep 09, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I dey laff ! It is because you're on the gay supporters team your intellect hasn't gotten no slight yet. Let's see what you have here. I see, so being gay have no known adverse effect. Let me grant that. It just proves my point when I said disgust has been used as a metric to determine morality or otherwise. It so happens that if you use adversity as a moral compass, you fall into circularity, because adversity presumes evil. It is pitiable you don't mention lying. It is laughable you hardly note that stealing has been beneficial, much more so when the perpetrator isn't caught, the same for murder.

It so happens Van snickers reason for supporting gays was because theirs is in-built. I told him if he said that, certain serial-killers could go scot-free and I mentioned how precedents have been already set when they were shown psychologically impaired. The man wasn't eager to acknowledge the genetic factor of serial killing, or to moralize it based on that.

I don't find it disgusting. But I find it immoral. You assume too much yet know so little about me when it comes to this.

If it's the one on gays making out (or le$bians) I'll say the same: I deem it immoral. A simple answer which I've explained to yet more ignorance. Again from you. I'll explain again. Arguments used to support morality/immorality are circular since the morality/immorality reasons used are already presumed. For example, your allusion to adversity as a basis of immorality. It is because you've deemed adversity bad. It so happens you ignored it, like thehomer, as regards lying. Presumably, because it isn't as adverse. And yet ignored the happiness or utility such acts bring to some.

Don't get disgusted yet.

If it is agreed that arguments for morality are flawed in being circular, then we must make recourse to the basis of morality. A conscious intelligence which arbitrates certain physical events to be good or bad. Or given humans predilection to contradict, both good and bad. Ergo, we choose, given our intellect, that gay is okay or wrong. I did such in a manner opposed to yours. Now I must wonder whether you would have complained if I deemed being gay as good.

Pardon me sir BUT

I just dey laff !

smh. So much verbosity, so little sense. As I stated already, you and I have nothing to discuss here. Good day.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by UyiIredia(m): 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
So far you fail to answer my question: What would or could you do to a father who sleeps with the daughter consensually ? Why would you say it is immoral ?

kandiikane:

Oh wow!

I just dey laff !

kandiikane:
So, going by your logic, all those people that were fighting for black rights were 'bias for black' too.

Not all but some certainly.

kandiikane:
You know what you are indeed an ediot! I don't know how you managed to get a computer it should be a illegal for uneducated foòls to access the internet.

I happen to be a Comp. Eng undergraduate. In any case, getting a good, brand-new computer is relatively cheap these days.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by UyiIredia(m): 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: SO we can assume that kandi is a lesbian

Not so. The usuals is to label certain homophobic people or gay dissenters as gay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Don’t Cheat On Her / Ifeoma Vivian Emeka: Born Again Burns Her Hair Extensions, "They Are Demonic" / Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.