Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:11 PM

Into Darkness by SimonAndal - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Into Darkness by SimonAndal (1031 Views)

Light And Darkness (new Book From Me To Nairalanders) / The Prince Of Darkness / A Hint Of Darkness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 02, 2013

I began writing this story for NaNoWriMo 2010 but I decided not to submit it, 'cause it was rife with grammatical faux pas, and circumlocutory dialogue (I was 16, it's to be expected).
Fast-forward three years and I'm doing it over; pruning the character list and tightening the plot. So sit back and enjoy.
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2013

WARNING: This story contains graphic descriptions of violence, non-consensual sèxûäl intercourse, torture, and is therefore NOT recommended for children below 17 years.
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by ReubenAbati: 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
SimonAndal:
COPYRIGHT:
[url=/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/][/url]
This work is licensed under a [url=/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/]Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License[/url].

[img]http://steelturman.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451bab869e20120a5e73293970b-800wi[/img]
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 02, 2013

^Why do you say that?
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Obinnau(m): 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2013
Where the tori na?
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2013
PROLOGUE:[b]
"In nòmine Patris, et Fìlii, et Spìritus Sancti," began a rich, baritone voice.
"Amen," came the chorus.
"Gràtia Dòmini nostri Jesu Christi, et càritas Dei, et communicàtio Sancti Spìritus sit cum òmnibus vobis," the baritone continued.
"Et cum spiritu tuo," the chorus rang.
It was always like this every Sunday morning at St. Peter's Parish; no deviation. The Latin choruses, the stifling fog of incense, all part of the ritual. The same one last week and the week before it, and the weeks before those. As it was in the beginning.
Looking around one would think, judging by the decor and appurtenances abutting the walls of the building, that this was a recent establishment, but St. Peter's Parish, much like it's eponym - the disciple - has stood there, like a rock, for over a century; defying nature and town planning and conglomerates. It was said that God himself laid the foundation for the building; but in truth it was constructed by English colonists. Made with materials shipped along the Atlantic from England.
"...Fratres, agnoscàmus peccàta nostra, ut apti simus ad sacra mystèria celebrànda," the baritone voice, which belonged to the priest, carried on. Sins. For that is the reason for mass. To pray for sins. To seek absolution.
"Confìteor Deo omnipotènti," the congregation began, "et vobis, fratres, quia peccàvi nimis..." And rightly so, for in the midst the people, in the presence of God, stood a sin blacker than night. A sin which might never be forgiven.
The sin of a father against his son.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Obinnau(m): 4:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
Vivly: No offence...: its boring
hehe!
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Vivly(f): 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
Modified.
I'm sorry i spammed your thread simon.
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by timpaker(m): 5:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
cool cool cool
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2013

Why did the mod hide my post? Is it because of the sex scene in it? Or is it that's it's a gay sex scene? For christsakes grow up!
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 02, 2013

I had my suspicions that bigoted mods will remove my posts. Suspicions confirmed.
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Mynd44: 5:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
SimonAndal:
Why did the mod hide my post? Is it because of the sex scene in it? Or is it that's it's a gay sex scene? For christsakes grow up!
Hi Simon, rule number 4 I can unhide it and send it to sexuality though
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 02, 2013

It's not a discussion on the art of lovemaking ("art of lovemaking"? Who says that?), it's part of the story. It's like 5 percent of the story! The rest is torture and mutilation and shit.
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2013

And while you are at it, can you hide vivly's post? That's blatant spamming! Or didn't you see rule 18?
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by iamswizz(m): 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2013
following
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 02, 2013
iamswizz: following
_

No need, they're gonna hide anything I post.
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by princesa(f): 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
undecided
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by yemi2plus(m): 7:58am On Sep 03, 2013
@mynd... Instead of hiding post that contain sexual languages, why not edit it to your taste?
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by yemi2plus(m): 8:02am On Sep 03, 2013
SimonAndal:
I had my suspicions that bigoted mods will remove my posts. Suspicions confirmed.
this will not make him unhide it...
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Mynd44: 8:35am On Sep 03, 2013
yemi2plus: @mynd... Instead of hiding post that contain sexual languages, why not edit it to your taste?
Editing a post is actually insulting. I will not touch anyone's work as it might the only copy the person has
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by princesa(f): 9:55am On Sep 03, 2013
yemi2plus:
@mynd... Instead of hiding post that contain sexual languages, why not edit it to your taste?
that's like adding salt to the injury undecided
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by passionate88: 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
SimonAndal:
Thought you are a buddist?.
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 05, 2013
passionate88: Thought you are a buddist?.
_

Saying "for Buddha'ssake" does not have the same ring to it.

2 Likes

Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by UyiIredia(m): 2:24am On Sep 07, 2013
And so the thread dies, or does it ?
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 07, 2013
Uyi Iredia: And so the thread dies, or does it ?
Indeed...and it seems the story ends before it even started...........
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
There was never a story. MMOPTG!!!
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
Oh yea there was. The Mods spoilt your show grin
Re: Into Darkness by SimonAndal by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
masonkz: Oh yea there was. The Mods spoilt your show grin
_

Do I seriously come across as the story type? I came across a...uhm...what's a delicate way to put this....a "stimulating writing" on Nifty and wanted an excuse to share it. Lol

(1) (Reply)

Robert Ludlum's Fan Club. / The Lion's Den (A Short Story) / The Tale Of A Private Lesson Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.