Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Does Your Religion Affect Ur Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Your Religion Affect Ur Relationship? (656 Views)

Would You Change Your Religion For Love? / If U Can Do Dis Ur Relationship Will Last / Falling In Luv With Someone Who Advises You In Ur Relationship. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Your Religion Affect Ur Relationship? by prettycentia(f): 1:44pm On Sep 02, 2013
my 3rd yr as a student of unn, i felt the urge to build a relationship with my creator. So on a faithful Sunday i adhere to one of those alter call (or wat do Pentecostals call it) since i was invited for a programme. After that day i tried to amend my ways and abide to Gods commandment (thou shall nt lie, bear false witness against thou neighbour, fornicate which includes kissing n you knw the rest) even when my guy calls me i dnt respond wit d usual 'honey' n end d call wit 'i luv u'. N when we see, i made sure i kept a distance.
So nairalanders how does this two phenomenon mingle in your life without clash?
Re: Does Your Religion Affect Ur Relationship? by Luckygurl(f): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
Shld av being does Ur religion affect Ur relationship. I'll brb with my humble reply.
Re: Does Your Religion Affect Ur Relationship? by ITbomb(m): 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2013
So u now
Re: Does Your Religion Affect Ur Relationship? by prettycentia(f): 2:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
Lucky gurl: Shld av being does Ur religion affect Ur relationship. I'll brb with my humble reply.
thx babe, correction noted
Re: Does Your Religion Affect Ur Relationship? by Luckygurl(f): 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2013
ITbomb: .
So u now
What a siggy!!
Re: Does Your Religion Affect Ur Relationship? by Luckygurl(f): 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
Religion aside, individuals know what is good or bad, atleast one with an active conscience.
My actions in a relationship are guided by my knowledge of what is right or wrong.

What I can say at dis point is my conscience dictates d actions I take in my relationship and not necessarily religion although it might come in handy at one point or the other.
Re: Does Your Religion Affect Ur Relationship? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 02, 2013
God dnt force laws on u nao, only nt use liberty as an occasion to sin.
Re: Does Your Religion Affect Ur Relationship? by prettycentia(f): 3:34pm On Sep 02, 2013
Lucky gurl: Religion aside, individuals know what is good or bad, atleast one with an active conscience.
My actions in a relationship are guided by my knowledge of what is right or wrong.

What I can say at dis point is my conscience dictates d actions I take in my relationship and not necessarily religion although it might come in handy at one point or the other.
so you trying to say that if my conscious think kissing is nt a sin as long as is nt sex, is kk by u n ur religion
Re: Does Your Religion Affect Ur Relationship? by magkhan(f): 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
prettycentia:
so you trying to say that if my conscious think kissing is nt a sin as long as is nt sex, is kk by u n ur religion

baby girl,this is quite tricky...
some Christians believe in the rule of the conscience...but my dear,we are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling...
giving your life to Christ doesn't stop the love you have for your guy.but you need to tread carefully here.you need to let him know your stands in this case.two can't work together cept they agree.the rational thing to do here is end the relationship coz your new believe will change a lot about you.and it will be difficult for him to adjust.remember you accepted Christ of your own free will,so do not try to force Christ down his throat.remember also that he is a great link to your former way of life.if my left hand will lead me away from God,I rather cut it off....
pray to God for guidance....
as for kissing,all I can say is avoid not just sins but also appearances of it...
lastly,being a born again doesn't mean you live in bondage,enjoy your freedom in Christ Jesus
WELCOME

2 Likes

Re: Does Your Religion Affect Ur Relationship? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 02, 2013
This is the reason why i'm yet to ask Ola out she'z a Fundamentalist and i'm not religious....mtchew

(1) (Reply)

Kiss On The First Date: OK Or Not? / How Can I Master My Emotion / A Woman Will Have Sex With You Even If She Has A Boyfriend - FACT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.