Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview (24112 Views)

7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You're Looking For A Job / She Was Asked To Masturbate In Exchange For An Interview Invite / Happening Now:candidates To Write Nigeria Navy Exams Asked To Sit On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by abuomaIV(m): 8:09pm On Sep 07, 2013
If you do that, you will be disqualified. That is just a test to know if you can reveal the company's secrete to anyone.

Your answer should be: "I don't think its safe to log in my private account in you computer, I have my reasons"

They too will believe that your reason is your secret.

1 Like

Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 07, 2013

Oh, I'm quite proud of my Fb. Im fact I'd say it's my greatest achievement till date, apart from trolling gullible NLers, that is.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Burger01(m): 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2013
Why would an interviewer want me to log into my Facebook? That's my privacy and I have the frigging right to say NO. Btw, the interviewer might b testing your privacy skills. Can you keep company's privacy contents private? Can one be trusted with sensitive data about the company, business operations? What about privacy and data policy. As for me I would reject outright and intone that my Facebook is a personal affair. Thank you..
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by nenergy(m): 8:14pm On Sep 07, 2013
Sharing your password is against facebook's terms and conditions. A jobseeker was the only one at an interview to decline revealing her facebook password and got the job. Read here:

Unconventional Job Interviews You Have Experienced.
https://www.nairaland.com/1096093/unconventional-job-interviews-experienced
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by akyus(m): 8:15pm On Sep 07, 2013
dd_jay: 4me,no problem,will change password after dat
No be ur password be de issue.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2013
shytttt if they log into my facebook account they will call CIA and FBI and MI5 and MI6 and INTERPOL and METROPOLITAN POLICE on the spot

just kidding grin grin

1 Like

Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by DarkFive: 8:17pm On Sep 07, 2013
Glad I never had a facebook acct
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by ezeagu(m): 8:17pm On Sep 07, 2013
Why don't they just install CCTV all over your house, or better yet, a mini-cam to wear at all times!

There's a difference between a background check and outright invasion of privacy.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by biafranqueen: 8:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
This is a common practice, maybe they tried to look you up but your name did not show. As an HR manager the responsibility is to weed out the good the bad and the ugly. Even if you have the skills, you must fit into the company culture. If you are updating every hour instead of being productive, them most likely that is what you will do on the job. I have seen disqualifications because a boy has a naked picture of a girl laying on a car( sexual harresment and pervert) Weed smoking and alcoholic beverages in the picture (addict) degrading or negative updates (troublemake) friends look like Aswhos and cult members (bad characters) No employer wants to waste time and money on hiring and training a misfit. Thank God for social media! Thats why the saying go when the wind blows the chickens Nash will show.

Nobody wants to deal with irresponsibility when money is being made!

1 Like

Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by nora544: 8:20pm On Sep 07, 2013
I have a company, and when i search for peoples i will not tell them that i look if they have a facebook acount because i look before what they write on facebook and what i found out.

1 Like

Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by biafranqueen: 8:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
Dark Five: Glad I never had an facebook acct
sometimes they think you have something to hide when you have no social media account or that you are behind in technology this may disqualify you trust me. When you have good stuff positive, posting articles that have to do with your career path. Pictures of family and friends that look like upstanding citizens. Positive lifestyle going to gym encouraging person you are deemed more responsible and trustworthy this is real life experience and having no account may give the wrong message.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by biafranqueen: 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2013
nora544: I have a company, and when i search for peoples i will not tell them that i look if they have a facebook acount because i look before what they write on facebook and what i found out.
yes but sometimes they don't use the same name as on the the application then what do you do?
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by biafranqueen: 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
obadiah777: shytttt if they log into my facebook account they will call CIA and FBI and MI5 and MI6 and INTERPOL and METROPOLITAN POLICE on the spot

just kidding grin grin
no your not grin wink they will think you are going to bring the end of the world!

1 Like

Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Timijo(m): 8:26pm On Sep 07, 2013
tobechi74: Imagine you’ve been on the job market for about a long time.

Finally, you land a killer opportunity, pass the phone screen and show up to an interview with a hiring manager. Just as you think you’re about to close the deal, she spins her computer screen around and asks you to login to your Facebook account.
What do you do?

Would you be proud and comfortable to let them go through your wall
Why did u imagine dis kind of evil thing? Anyway, it's end tym tinz sha.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by biafranqueen: 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2013
nenergy: Sharing your password is against facebook's terms and conditions. A jobseeker was the only one at an interview to decline revealing her facebook password and got the job. Read here:

Unconventional Job Interviews You Have Experienced.
https://www.nairaland.com/1096093/unconventional-job-interviews-experienced
my experience has been that they will try an look you up and then ask you to log in not looking when your typing the pass code
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
biafranqueen: no your not grin wink they will think you are going to bring the end of the world!
grin grin i am just a harmless bible thumper grin

2 Likes

Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Goldenheart(m): 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2013
I will have to consult the oracle to answer this.... cool
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by InvertedHammer: 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2013
/
You can always tell them that you don't have a facebook account

/
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2013
It is only in Nigeria that this kind of shyt can happen. Try it in any developed country and you would be pulling subpoenas out of your a$$ for the next 10 years. cheesy
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by DarkFive: 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2013
biafranqueen: sometimes they think you have something to hide when you have no social media account or that you are behind in technology this may disqualify you trust me. When you have good stuff positive, posting articles that have to do with your career path. Pictures of family and friends that look like upstanding citizens. Positive lifestyle going to gym encouraging person you are deemed more responsible and trustworthy this is real life experience and having no account may give the wrong message.
Nice then I would simply ask them to visit my linkedin profile for professionals only.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by 190theclown: 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
they could read the messages too

rubbish undecided
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by nekaa(f): 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
My wall is spotless (literally)

1 Like

Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by osadudu(f): 8:41pm On Sep 07, 2013
i wonder wat the employer will do wen i tell him/her dat i dn't hv a facebook account.am probably d only naija babe over 21 dat does'nt hv.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by yoged(m): 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2013
My Facebook page dry pass a desert, i hardly update and don't comment on people"s update and if someone tagged me unnecessarily, i"ll let hell loose.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by DarkFive: 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2013
osadudu: i wonder wat the employer will do wen i tell him/her dat i dn't hv a facebook account.am probably d only naija babe over 21 dat does'nt hv.
Guess we both have dat in common.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by DarkFive: 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2013
osadudu: i wonder wat the employer will do wen i tell him/her dat i dn't hv a facebook account.am probably d only naija babe over 21 dat does'nt hv.
Guess we both have dat in common.
We should hook up
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Inoknowbook: 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2013
Nicco-C:
somthing like this happened during my industrial training at an oil servicing firm in port harcourt. i found out that my supervisor had been going through my facebook posts. i was like WTF!

Since that day, i began posting words of wisdom on my facebook.

Hahahahahaha, no be small words of wisdom oo.Lol grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by tpia5: 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2013
I heard this is done overseas.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by SUBMARINE: 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2013
angry Sharapp I Ban This Thread. Thinking of establishing Association OF Unemployed.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by tellwisdom: 8:56pm On Sep 07, 2013
Facebook is giving out jobs?? sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Victim Of NIS Recruitment Writes To Buhari / Totalenergies EP Nigeria 2024 Recruitment / Jobs In Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.