Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,652 members, 7,823,848 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview (24118 Views)

7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You're Looking For A Job / She Was Asked To Masturbate In Exchange For An Interview Invite / Happening Now:candidates To Write Nigeria Navy Exams Asked To Sit On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Shalome(m): 10:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
I update my fb lyk thrice a year, so no P..... Aa long as im not asked to login my twitter acct - nw dats suicide! @Diced_Banana btw, flw n ask for a fbk n id flw asap #teamUsInvasion
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by biafranqueen: 10:32pm On Sep 07, 2013
Nosa-Henry:
There is nothing private about facebook. Anybody can see anybody you want to see on facebook
why is that so hard to understand if you act irresponsible online that is not your bedroom. What ever you want private keep it offline.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by dapizy02(m): 10:34pm On Sep 07, 2013
Hayjaycity: If you give out Ur password, you ave already failed the interview....its simply indicates you can reveal what is meant to be company's secret for a favour from an outsider, if such is entrusted oin your care. I see no reason why U can't tell the hiring manager, that your facebook password is strictly personal or U can just give it out for personal reasons. This shows you have self-dignity
Ur head dey dere jooor,Ima akwukwu
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 07, 2013
"That's personal. I don't make it a habit of bringing my personal life to the office and I'm not about to start now".

With a Calm, Stern, resolute stare while maintaining eye contact etc. Psychologically dominate the nosy person.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by SlamDunk(m): 11:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
dd_jay: 4me,no problem,will change password after dat

Its not about password, its about what they might find on ur wall.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 08, 2013
Obiaghon* (forgive my spelling) would really come handy!.

*in Obiaghon's voice*

It will be a grehstegs, frietgdbjt, wgteirs, gratulatedhritlsur, for me to garsfbek, myetsreyr, owutshek, my osuieyfc, privacy! Before you know it the HR manager will be dead after falling off the chair!
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by ATMCARD2(m): 12:29am On Sep 08, 2013
tobechi74: Imagine you’ve been on the job market for about a long time.

Finally, you land a killer opportunity, pass the phone screen and show up to an interview with a hiring manager. Just as you think you’re about to close the deal, she spins her computer screen around and asks you to login to your Facebook account.
What do you do?

Would you be proud and comfortable to let them go through your wall
.I guezz,d best ans is 2 tel d HR,u hv prblm wit ur account or prbably gv a wrong passwrd.REASON:U mit gv them ur account 2 go tru ur wall n unfrt8ly 4 u,ur naughty n careless frnds wl b online n strt sending dirty post(u kw nah),tinking u're d 1 online.Dis is ma humble submsn.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by bigtt76(f): 12:37am On Sep 08, 2013
I Will tell them ..'that's not my goody bag nor my selling point' grin
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Gideojim(m): 2:14am On Sep 08, 2013
I Will Gladly Open it for them
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by humblesteve(m): 2:55am On Sep 08, 2013
Hayjaycity: If you give out Ur password, you ave already failed the interview....its simply indicates you can reveal what is meant to be company's secret for a favour from an outsider, if such is entrusted oin your care. I see no reason why U can't tell the hiring manager, that your facebook password is strictly personal or U can just give it out for personal reasons. This shows you have self-dignity
this is the only person that got the answer right . Is not all about decency but how best you can manage the organisation and keep top secrets about the org.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Anuoluwap(m): 4:16am On Sep 08, 2013
Which privacy are ya'll claiming? Whats the big deal in facebook anyway? Abeg i fit drop all my details here if asked.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by tonychristopher: 4:44am On Sep 08, 2013
spicy v: Now, that is one nosy hiring manager! I mean, what's cool about being proud or comfortable with allowing a stranger manipulate me into permiting an invasion of my privacy? If you need to do such, then at least be sensible and respectful enough to do it subtly!

Smart HR managers can get information on job applicants from the social media they frequently use without being so obvious! Frankly, I just think its rude!!!

That's not invasion of privacy dear. What is invasion of privacy is when he has access to your inbox. This is your wall and its for public consumption

Let me tell you! You will know intelligent , responsible and decent person from what he post. If the person is dirty and unwholesome it will reflect in the Facebook wall.

Organisations do this and if you are looking for job package yourself

I contact organisations on their Facebook wall and if I am not proud of my wall I won't.

Life is branding. Write good English and do intelligent update.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 08, 2013
i tink its a test...Why wil u open your walL just because u r under pressure to get a good work...
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by trent9002(m): 5:48am On Sep 08, 2013
I'll teLl them I don't use Facebook
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by MSItachi: 6:59am On Sep 08, 2013
I have asked those I interview to do this severally. But the idea is not to know any password. Most times i just ask how many friends you have on facebook. If u are being interviewed for a position that needs u to relate to people almost every minute, I want to know what your online social life looks like. It won't fail you but a decent presence online will add to your scores. You can't hold a business development position and have only 8 friends on FB. No Twitter account etc . will explain more if need be.

1 Like

Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 08, 2013
so far u ve gotten 54 likes by answering a wrong question.

Pls read properly b4 u start misleading NL follow follow people
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by PrinceNwokeji: 7:27am On Sep 08, 2013
This simple logic, if u can expose ur privacy becos of job, then the company will not hire you, cos u can equally expose the company privacy to any person wen u are asked to do that. So for me i wnt, nt becos i hv nude pics or whatever bt becos i have a principle of doing whats right for me and wen needed. Be careful how u share ur privacy.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Jids(m): 8:10am On Sep 08, 2013
in most cases, they don't want to see it but try to see the level of your confidentiality.

The best way to answer the question goes this was.

I don't have any problems revealing this but as part of every company computer policy, while PASSWORDS is personal and part of company security and confidentiality policies, it should not be revealed to any unauthorized person. I'm such an individual full of respect to the company policies and adhere strictly to company confidentiality procedure.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by flakkygirl(f): 8:12am On Sep 08, 2013
how about you give her this line. 'sure, i'll log in but first how about you share some of your sex life with me first cos my profile is personal to me as well and i'll lik to decide with whom i share it.' that will be very polite or wat do u think?

1 Like

Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by 2sizzlin(m): 8:54am On Sep 08, 2013
sniperwolf: Simply say, "it's my private life and I will like to keep it private. Can we talk more about the job?"

Mr. Man it's my job, I will like to keep it to myself for now grin. Can we talk more about how you're going to see yourself out grin. I wan give u job u dey tell me Wetin we suppose to dey talk, take your time ooo
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by rman: 8:58am On Sep 08, 2013
flakkygirl: how about you give her this line. 'sure, i'll log in but first how about you share some of your sex life with me first cos my profile is personal to me as well and i'll lik to decide with whom i share it.' that will be very polite or wat do u think?

Wrong answer.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 08, 2013
Yes sure! She can only see series of girls I have been asking out! Then give d job...
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by didicold(f): 10:51am On Sep 08, 2013
U r misinterpreting again, divulge password how?, d person was asked to type in for God's sake, how is dat divulging,u can only divulge if u told d hiring manager ur pword which wuld be wrong
Pastor Aji:

Ʊ are wrong. They want to know if you will divulge your password (it happened @ my workplace and I was affected....) or confidential information of the company. BUT in other words, they might want to know more about what you are
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by initiate: 11:00am On Sep 08, 2013
On the condition she shows me her page also
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
flakkygirl: how about you give her this line. 'sure, i'll log in but first how about you share some of your sex life with me first cos my profile is personal to me as well and i'll lik to decide with whom i share it.' that will be very polite or wat do u think?

Wrongest answer
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by jossy501: 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
point45: Very simple. I'd politely ask what information she's looking to have access to and suggest alternative ways of getting them. I cannot log in on a strange computer for security reasons (and that will also apply when you have an organisation account.) Keystroke logger alert.
Talking about alternative, how about you log into facebook and from there,I can direct you on how to view my profile.
The organisation needs to know you want the job and that they need you. However,they don't expect this to affect your decision making. If for a job you are quick to throw caution out the window,imagine what you'd do with company information just to secure targets. I want the job badly but I am not logging in on this system, you can let me get my ipad from my bag (or phone at worst).
You make complete sense
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Ama28(f): 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2013
I think logging into the account is the best way out.
For me, its not a big deal, Facebook is supposed to be a social network so if they find anything in there, its not a big deal!
If they find anything negative, it shows you are human and if your site is super active it could mean you are social and ICT friendly.
Like I said I will log in so they can knock themselves out.
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by lastpage: 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2013
phlamy: But if you actually google this issue, you will find out its now a HR practice in most countries
with or without privacy debate. I understand some HR people have a backend means of seeing your profile,
dont know how possible that is. Organisations just want to be sure they know who they are employing.

Just say NO!
Except it becomes a criminal offense not to own a FB account, there would still be nothing to see from both ends. grin grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by lastpage: 11:03pm On Sep 08, 2013
gramci:

very simple with email search

That is if you use the same Email for serious issues like "job hunting" and recreational issues like "Socializing on Facebook".
.....and stop using your name/surname as your Email address.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview by Berylmoi(f): 11:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
Jids: in most cases, they don't want to see it but try to see the level of your confidentiality.

The best way to answer the question goes this was.

I don't have any problems revealing this but as part of every company computer policy, while PASSWORDS is personal and part of company security and confidentiality policies, it should not be revealed to any unauthorized person. I'm such an individual full of respect to the company policies and adhere strictly to company confidentiality procedure.
but the HR didn't ask for your password, he said you should LOG IN by typing it YOURSELF.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Victim Of NIS Recruitment Writes To Buhari / Staying Back After NYSC / Jobs In Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.