Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,792 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

4 + 1 Common Reasons Why Google Adsense May Suspend/ban Your Account - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 4 + 1 Common Reasons Why Google Adsense May Suspend/ban Your Account (881 Views)

Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) / 10 Common Reasons Why New Startup Businesses Fail / #ListenUpGoogle Why Google Omitted Nigeria On 2-step Verification Country List? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 + 1 Common Reasons Why Google Adsense May Suspend/ban Your Account by realugee: 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2013
1. Self or Invalid Clicks

This is really common, as it is the only rule most Google Adsense Publishers know. Avoid clicking on your ads. It is against Google Adsense Terms of Service (T.O.S.). Don’t think that you can make a fool of Google AdSense.
Invalid clicks could come from bots. If you get a lot of traffic from bots, be rest assured that your Google Adsense account is at risk. In my future post I will be showing you how to prevent invalid clicks.

2. Accessing Your Adsense Account through many Systems

Yep, I got you here, you probably haven’t heard this one before now, but trust me, it’s nothing new. Any system where your Google Adsense account has been accessed is regarded by Google as your system, so if an Adsense ad is clicked on that system; it just means you clicked on your ad (Self Clicking). So if you blog in a public café you may be at risk of getting a Google Adsense ban, because anyone that visits your blog through that sytem may click on your ad unknowingly. I strongly advice that you access your Adsense account using only one system, preferably yours.

3. Putting ads on Sites that don’t comply with Adsense Policies

Okay, you own more than one website. You want to earn revenue from all your websites, but you opened your Google Adsense account with just one of the Websites. My simple advice for you is that you should make sure that any website you use your adsense ad code on complies with Google Adsense policies. Just in case you don’t know, violating Google Adsense policies on your site even after approval could result in a ban. So be careful!
In some cases, someone may copy your Adsense ad code, and place it on their own site. Don’t ask me how or why someone would do that, because I cant think of any reason now. Although this one is really not your fault, you can still get a Google Adsense ban for it. To ensure that Google Adsense ads display only on sites you authorize;
Open your Google AdSense Dashboard then click on Account settings.
Scroll down to “Site authorized to show ads” and click on edit.
Enter the sites where you want your ads to display, then click Save.
That’s it. No other websites can now display your ads, except for the ones you authorize.

4. Deceptive ad Placement

Formatting your ads to blend with content is a sure way to increase your CPC, even Google advises that you to do so, but that doesn’t mean that your ads should look exactly like your blog and its content.
What I am trying to say is, don’t edit your AdSense ad code, to confused your visitors and make them click on your ads mistakenly. Simply put if you try it and you are caught… you know what would happen.

5. Having More Than One Adsense Account

As at the time of publishing this post, the Google Adsense programme is restricted to one account per publisher. This means that you are not allowed/supposed to have more than one Google Adsense account, under the same payee details. If you must consider having another Google Adsense account, it must be registered with a different email id, payee name and even address, if not a Google Adsense ban awaits you!

Source: Nigeria's Leading Technology Blog - See My Profile For More Details
Re: 4 + 1 Common Reasons Why Google Adsense May Suspend/ban Your Account by mruknaijaboy2(m): 12:43pm On Sep 03, 2013
Everything youve stated is correct and only leads to one thing

END TIME TINZ

2 Likes

Re: 4 + 1 Common Reasons Why Google Adsense May Suspend/ban Your Account by realugee: 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2013
mruknaijaboy2: Everything youve stated is correct and only leads to one thing

Lol. E stil far small

END TIME TINZ

(1) (Reply)

Html Audio Help......urgent / DOWNLOAD BEST SEO .MOBILE FRIENDLY BLOGGER TEMPLATE / Rate This HTML5 Mobile App Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.