Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) (6085 Views)

Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... / 4 + 1 Common Reasons Why Google Adsense May Suspend/ban Your Account / #ListenUpGoogle Why Google Omitted Nigeria On 2-step Verification Country List? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by scribble: 1:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
For all the people that think Google did not have any malicious reason for killing Linda ikeji pls guess again.

It's not copyright like they say on the surface.

Linda ikeji is the biggest competitor to Google Nigeria adaense business.

Three things you have to understand,

1. Google Nigeria is not the same company as Google Inc. The former makes its profits in Nigeria where the online ad business is not as robust as it's intl counterpart.

2. Linda Ikeji makes millions of dollars directly from advertisers. This is money she takes out of Google's mouth. Whilst she still runs theirbadsense platform on her mobile and desktop sites making tens and tens of thousands of dollars routinely.

3. That is a threat to Google Nigeria. A few months ago, a Google ad sense worker turned whistleblower explained how Google has a policy of looking for ways to disconnect successful publishers from their ad sense revenue in order to drive the brands profit. That story was on front page then, if you need a link, ask me and I will provide.

So Google copyright argument is just their official line. Have you ever stopped to think why Nairaland does not run Google adsense?

As for the haters. Yes we all know Nigerians have jealousy and envy more than business acumen. I'm in the business. Linda is my competitor. My site makes 8 figures a year but I don't touch Google. Bastardos dealt with me before.

Linda's biggest mistake was not exclusively going to Nigerian brands direct and being on .

FOr you haters, I feel sorry for you because by the time she starts driving a Bentley you guys will choke on your hate.

Seun, mods pls front page Abeg. Wanted to say this on my other three yesterday But Phcn struck and I gave up. People need to know how Google ruins publishing business out of greed and corporate impunity and intolerance. PLS.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by onatisi(m): 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
Linda ikeji a threat to google? Wettin persin no go hear for nairaland sef . Very soon someone will say she is a threat to obama

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
Jonathannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn grin

This government sef.

Just out of curiosity, is Google Nigeria a South African business?

6 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2014
did i just read this crrap? embarassed

God damn
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by ibedun: 1:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
scribble:
For all the people that think Google did not have any malicious reason for killing Linda ikeji pls guess again.
It's not copyright like they say on the surface.
Linda ikeji is the biggest competitor to Google Nigeria adaense business.
Three things you have to understand,
1. Google Nigeria is not the same company as Google Inc. The former makes its profits in Nigeria where the online ad business is not as robust as it's intl counterpart.
2. Linda Ikeji makes millions of dollars directly from advertisers. This is money she takes out of Google's mouth. Whilst she still runs theirbadsense platform on her mobile and desktop sites making tens and tens of thousands of dollars routinely.
3. That is a threat to Google Nigeria. A few months ago, a Google ad sense worker turned whistleblower explained how Google has a policy of looking for ways to disconnect successful publishers from their ad sense revenue in order to drive the brands profit. That story was on front page then, if you need a link, ask me and I will provide.
So Google copyright argument is just their official line. Have you ever stopped to think why Nairaland does not run Google adsense?
As for the haters. Yes we all know Nigerians have jealousy and envy more than business acumen. I'm in the business. Linda is my competitor. My site makes 8 figures a year but I don't touch Google. Bastardos dealt with me before.
Linda's biggest mistake was not exclusively going to Nigerian brands direct and being on .
FOr you haters, I feel sorry for you because by the time she starts driving a Bentley you guys will choke on your hate.
Seun, mods pls front page Abeg. Wanted to say this on my other three yesterday But Phcn struck and I gave up. People need to know how Google ruins publishing business out of greed and corporate impunity and intolerance. PLS.

Do they teach this people how to make mouth or what? Rival Google? Whether Google USA or Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by desgiezd(m): 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2014
I guess the mistake she made was that when the business start getting big, she should have opted out of google and started her own website.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by Firefire(m): 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2014
Made in Nigeria fallacies

(C) 2014

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by capricun: 1:56pm On Oct 09, 2014
And the dude is shouting front page. If I slap you ehh

5 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by scribble: 1:56pm On Oct 09, 2014
Techies won't get it. Business development ppl will.

And there is a culture of impunity at Google exposed by whistleblowers.

They DONT like to paY publishers.

Why didn't Seun stay with adsense?

1 Like

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by scribble: 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2014
capricun:
And the dude is shouting front page. If I slap you ehh

Can you slap your father?

2 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by capricun: 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2014
scribble:

Can you slap your father?

No but I can e-slap you. angry

14 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by asala1: 2:04pm On Oct 09, 2014
Is this poster for real? Google and Lindaikeji competitors? For what nah? Gossip blog? You must be kidding brother! This should be in the JOKE SECTION.

7 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by olapluto(m): 2:08pm On Oct 09, 2014
The gullibility of Nigerians make them just come up with dum.b reasons and theories everytime. Its sickening. Linda Ikeji is neck deep involved in plagiarism. No 2 ways about it. I do not visit her site because if I want a news item, I know where to go. Google is one of the places.
I dont know what 'hater' or hating has to do with this.
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by GentleMimi: 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
Op, why u dey carry this Linda matter for head like dis na?
Anyway, there are always two sides to every story. Linda ain't a saint, u know?
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by arresa: 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
Linda Ikeji makes millions of dollars... grin

You must be smoking some bad bad ganja.

Google and Google is the same Google in Nigeria, in Casablanca, in Mongolia, in Romania and even on MARS.

I know crooked and corrupt Nigerians value money and greed over good name and good reputation, but Google's global brand name and reputation is more important than your gossip and plagiarizing blogger...

There is more to humanity than money, greed and bad name..

9 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by kettykin: 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
A census of those on the side of google yields in NL a very interesting result , i have been reading responses from yesterday on this tragic event that happened to Linda Ikeji and responses has been quite revealing and interesting , most people who make a joke of it or are on the side of Google appears to be from a certain part of the country while those who are hurt with the action of google are from another part of the country ,why do some people make fortune out of other people's misfortune.

Linda Ikeji would bounce back soon

2 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by RockMaxi: 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2014
@OP, don't you think Linda loves awoof too much. Her greatest undoing is revealing her lavish lifestyles. A business owner will always protect his business with policies that will maximize their profits.

Linda Ikeji is an household name she too should start seeing herself as a brand with corporate responsibilities. It will only take some time she will still be back online fully. Then she will know what good Google have been doing her with free service. grin
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2014
there is sense in what the op is saying but only those who wish to think and see things from other perspective may get the drift.

Google once gave seun a condition as a result of whether inciting or hate comments from users of this forum. that was probably the last month he ran ad-sense.

they have shut down many ad-sense accounts for one crazy reason or the other with all the earnings seized.

All in all, Linda drew attention to herself with her incessant flaunting .

her tribe also has a major role to play in the bashing she is getting at a time like this from her fellow countrymen and women .

3 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by sharks776(m): 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
WHY NOT SAY "CRITICS" INSTEAD OF "HATERS"? ITS ALL ABOUT COMPETITION AND BUSINESS STRATEGY YOU KNOW.

1 Like

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
kettykin:
A census of those on the side of google yields in NL a very interesting result , i have been reading responses from yesterday on this tragic event that happened to Linda Ikeji and responses has been quite revealing and interesting , most people who make a joke of it or are on the side of Google appears to be from a certain part of the country while those who are hurt with the action of google are from another part of the country ,why do some people make fortune out of other people's misfortune.

Linda Ikeji would bounce back soon

even the name of the guy that reported her to Google also sound like names of those rejoicing over this issue
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
'Killed' ? Is that the right word?
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by SmooshCHN: 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
tinuolababy:
haters.................. is she the only one copying other people's content without giving credit to the source?. It's a case of witch-hunting jare.
I fear this' Nigerian might not progress. So IBBis to be arrested for corruption he should be freed because he's not the first or he's not the only one?? I just thought someone made use of the Law and used it well. That's education. It brings about progress. Linda knows this as well as well as Seun. If anyone does not know, he's on some dumb Șhit. cheesy
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by Gorrbachev: 2:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
Op pack well. Linda is a threat to google? SMH. Do you know how many times her adsense account has been suspended? Anytime they suspend her account, she'll insult them and few weeks later after cleaning up the blog, she is back using adsense again.

As to why nairaland can never have adsense? The basic structure of nairaland violates adsense's TOS. Compare nairaland to reddit, on reddit only the link to a story is posted on the forum then forum members discuss, contribute argue etc. reddit can't be accused of plagiarism.

1 Like

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by priscaoge(f): 2:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
Every Dickson, Tom and Harry trying to be popular with some silly posts and rubbish rumors undecided undecided.

So Linda is now a threat to Google? What a pathetic story grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by onatisi(m): 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2014
aguiyi:
there is sense in what the op is saying but only those who wish to think and see things from other perspective may get the drift.

Google once gave seun a condition as a result of whether inciting or hate comments from users of this forum. that was probably the last month he ran ad-sense.

they have shut down many ad-sense accounts for one crazy reason or the other with all the earnings seized.

All in all, Linda drew attention to herself with her incessant flaunting .

her tribe also has a major role to play in the bashing she is getting at a time like this from her fellow countrymen and women .
one one question will sort this issue out. Did linda ikeji break any google adsense rules ? If she did then forget story
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by onatisi(m): 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2014
All those supporting linda are only doing more harm than good to her. You keep shouting she will be back she will be back and in the process raising people expectation about what to expect ,if she doesn't meet up to peoples expectation ,then that will be very disastrous
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by scribble: 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
priscaoge:
Every Dickson, Tom and Harry trying to be popular with some silly posts and rubbish rumors undecided undecided.

So Linda is now a threat to Google? What a pathetic story grin grin

I don't blame you. I won't even say anything. May God provide you that thing you seek which will bring fulfilment to your life...But you have better chances in romance section...

1 Like

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by FrenchyL(m): 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
This is an eye opener. I think it is high time we realize that we can do our own thing and also become more proactive in the way we handle our business. I know that Linda will bounce back even stronger and not even google can stop her. I like the fact that asked why we think Nairaland doesn't do google ads, because i have always wanted to ask Seun why he didn't but now i know why. #TeamIndependent

Thanks for the write up bro. smiley smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by scribble: 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
onatisi:
one one question will sort this issue out. Did linda ikeji break any google adsense rules ? If she did then forget story

bossip.com does the same thing Linda does and is an American country. Why hasn't Google yanked then off.

We blacks are the authors of our own undoing.

Because she brought. Range to show una Abi. Chei. The hate and thirst in Nigeria is real.

After I marry shortly I'm moving out of country for at least two years so some envy will die down.
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by priscaoge(f): 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
scribble:

I don't blame you. I won't even say anything. May God provide you that thing you seek which will bring fulfilment to your life...But you have better chances in romance section...

You don't have to be bitter Dear! wink wink wink wink It surprises me that you actually believed that poo posted up there cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by scribble: 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2014
onatisi:
All those supporting linda are only doing more harm than good to her. You keep shouting she will be back she will be back and in the process raising people expectation about what to expect ,if she doesn't meet up to peoples expectation ,then that will be very disastrous

Pls go and Google the term cult following. I was at one of Nigeria's top tier banks in December 2012.

They hosted Linda Ikeji on one of their floors, e remain small the CEO for ask for her autograph.

Linda has become too big to fail o bruh

All the controversy plays in her favour. She is a gossip rag.

1 Like

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2014
onatisi:

the internet is an open source(if you know what that means) . copy pasting without link backs or acknowledgement is common, singling her out for such treatment because some Caucasian looking fellow reported her is unacceptable.

the worst they should have done was to stop her earnings from the day she was reported till she do the needful or they could have also removed all their adverts from her blog such that she will not earn anything from those pages that contain such copy right texts or images till she meets the required condition.

if it was linda that reported that guy to google , will they take this same action or because she is from 3rd world so anything can happen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Entertainment Blogs In Nigeria Are Failing It / How I Can Stop My Time From Counting In Cyber Cafe / Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.