Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) (9500 Views)

President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) / Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / BREAKING NEWS: Chaos In South African Parliament - CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Kingspin(m): 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
Yes, Mr president is doing something but it wouldnt be solving 50years problem in 2years..Atiku led fraction in simplest term are fighting equate, justice, fair and a sense of belonging to which Nigeria should find their unity.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by msauden: 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
babaowo: ..... nelson mandela on his sick bed will testify,just go and ask,but i doubt if they will let you in becaause you are dump a$$ !d!ot.

U fail to find a source and u resort to insults.Nigeria didn't do Poo 4 the liberation of SA.They just gave moral support just lyk all countries of the world,nuthin special
Black south africans liberated themselves thru their blood,sweat &tears.Wat do u know about fighting 4 yo ryts.Even me as a 10 year old joined the protests,that's how brave we r.Can u imagine 150M of yo type of people in 1 country,no wonder u guys r so backward.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
chucky234: You must be suffering from otitis-media not to have noticed the poor pronounciation.
Is not pronounciation,it is pronunciation. How can we take you serious when you don't know basic rules of grammar? Ever listened to a liverpoonian and a mancunian?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Okeikpu(m): 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
kingoflag: "Appetite" instead of "Apartheid", "Sat Africa" instead of "South Africa"...and that's one of the best speeches uve ever heard? why do u guys love mediocrity so much?
gringringrin Gej & his wife dey try-o especially the wife grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by chucky234(m): 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
zaandrew:

Ok why dont you find me a source where it shows Nigeria was a critical elemt in the end of apartheid. The apartheid regime did not even conceder Nigeria.
I can tell from your argument that you were born in 1994 when Nelson Mandela was elected the first president in SA thats why you were not aware of the important role Nigeria played in SA apartheid era,why not ask a honest elderly person around you to confirm the sacrisfies we made for SA to gain freedom from those blood thirsty Dutch and Portuguese who made life unbearable for your people years before you were born to enjoy the peace of the post-apartheid SA.
Ungrateful deluded chronic goons.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by shejane: 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
Dat man has nuffn 2 offer, did dat speech affect d prize of fuel or house rent? Nigerians ar so ok wt anytin. See dem being ok wt speech. I wonda if na speech we go chop. Abeg mr clown do somtin 4gt 2015 nd concentrate on 2013 4 now
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by ballabriggs: 2:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
chidindufrank: Is not pronounciation,it is pronunciation. How can we take you serious when you don't know basic rules of grammar? Ever listened to a liverpoonian and a mancunian?

Mr 'correcter', "Liverpudlians" and not "liverpoonian". Or 'Scouse' if that one go hard you.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
kingoflag: "Appetite" instead of "Apartheid", "Sat Africa" instead of "South Africa"...and that's one of the best speeches uve ever heard? why do u guys love mediocrity so much?
U are a fool of the highes order in d first degree.. Go and unravel videos of speeches frm yor past president an les compare. Mediocre like u.. Oya pronounce mediocrity in a voice note and post it here lest here u.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
ballabriggs:

Mr 'correcter', "Liverpudlians" and not "liverpoonian". Or 'Scouse' if that one go hard you.

Liverpool is a name of a city,it got absolutely nothing to do with tense(s). Check it out.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by ballabriggs: 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
chidindufrank: Liverpool is a name of a city,it got absolutely nothing to do with tense(s). Check it out.

You wey dey correct person, please don't kill us. There is nothing like "Liverpoonians". There are people from Liverpool, known as Liverpudlians. Comprehend?

Grammar teashhheeeer cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by chucky234(m): 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
chidindufrank: Is not pronounciation,it is pronunciation. How can we take you serious when you don't know basic rules of grammar? Ever listened to a liverpoonian and a mancunian?
And where is this documented deluded discombobulated chronic goon coming from ,your void brain makes it impossible for you to know that basic rules of grammar acquiesce to alter a word in an informal conversation(s) especially on the social media.
What a preposterous retard, your ignorance got me perturbed.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by chucky234(m): 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
chucky234: I can tell from your argument that you were born in 1994 when Nelson Mandela was elected the first president in SA thats why you were not aware of the important role Nigeria played in SA apartheid era,why not ask a honest elderly person around you to confirm the sacrisfies we made for SA to gain freedom from those blood thirsty Dutch and Portuguese who made life unbearable for your people years before you were born to enjoy the peace of the post-apartheid SA.
Ungrateful deluded chronic goons.
he's a white south African, what do you expect undecided
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
ballabriggs:

You wey dey correct person, please don't kill us. There is nothing like "Liverpoonians". There are people from Liverpool, known as Liverpudlians. Comprehend?

Grammar teashhheeeer cheesy cheesy cheesy
u dey confuse ursef. I no come here to do map reading. Na d people wey dem born inside liverpool I dey talk about
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by saint047(m): 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
my friend,u most be living in fools paradise.can ur father who lack social security give such an eloquent speech?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by sweetcheecks(f): 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
zaandrew:

You provide some money and ANC HQ was briefly located in Nigeria. Were where the Nigerian solders, or even Nigerian trained ANC solders.

Nigeria did nothing special but act has if with out them apartheid would have carried on.

Oh my dear Zaandrew, leave these people to what they believe. You're wasting your time. If it makes them feel good let them have it, please. We know better and we honour our helpers. They must see how the President of one of the countries that was in the frontlines of South Africa's liberation, Cuba was recieved in SA Parliament. Amazingly I have never heared Fidel Castro or Cubans remind SA of their direct involvement to liberate the Southern African countries. Not even in his speech did he want to mention it, becouse we all know it, so does everyone hence theres no need for reminders as it is an undisputed fact.

See video of Fidel Castro's reception in South Africa & Namibia.Let others keep reminding us, its sad really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tNF0YkRQjM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4tNF0YkRQjM

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
chucky234: And where is this documented deluded discombobulated chronic goon coming from ,your void brain makes it impossible for you to know that basic rules of grammar acquiesce to alter a word in an informal conversation(s) especially on the social media.
What a preposterous retard, your ignorance got me perturbed.
Sorry o,na bicox of dis small tin wey I talk mek u go kari longman dictionary kip for ur front dey kopi big big grammar for me?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2013

Have you heard a south-african speak english, what of an Arab, a chinese, do you know generally we speak better english than them. Have you heard foreign (german, spanish...) Footballers speak English? Do you know their pronunciation is highly terrible, why don't you ask a white man to come learn and speak Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa.
You dumb piece of $hit

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Oh my dear Zaandrew, leave these people to what they believe. You're wasting your time. If it makes them feel good let them have it, please. We know better and we honour our helpers. They must see how the President of one of the countries that was in the frontlines of South Africa's liberation, Cuba was recieved in SA Parliament. Amazingly I have never heared Fidel Castro or Cubans remind SA of their direct involvement to liberate the Southern African countries. Not even in his speech did he want to mention it, becouse we all know it, so does everyone hence theres no need for reminders as it is an undisputed fact.

See video of Fidel Castro's reception in South Africa & Namibia.Let others keep reminding us, its sad really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tNF0YkRQjM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4tNF0YkRQjM
lol... it's a fact. Nigeria played a role in your road to freedom.. deal with it..and if you can't, kill yourself
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by chucky234(m): 3:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
chidindufrank: Sorry o,na bicox of dis small tin wey I talk mek u go kari longman dictionary kip for ur front dey kopi big big grammar for me?
Hahahaha dis boy dey craze ooo
you wey wan com fall my hand cos of dat small typo nko.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Truckpusher(m): 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
Promhize:

Have you heard a south-african speak english, what of an Arab, a chinese, do you know generally we speak better english than them. Have you heard foreign (german, spanish...) Footballers speak English? Do you know their pronunciation is highly terrible, why don't you ask a white man to come learn and speak Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa.
You dumb piece of $hit
Forget abt that fuccking piece of cunnt.Deadbeat. angry
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by BrightCar: 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2013
HATERS WILL ONLY DIE YOUNG, BE WARNED!!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by chucky234(m): 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
Promhize:

You dumb piece of $hit
Your post is as dump as your void brain, you call a language we made ours over three centuries ago a foreign language and went further to compare your preposterous self to Chinese,Spanish and Arabs who never consider English as general medium for communication.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by sweetcheecks(f): 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
scipher: lol... it's a fact. Nigeria played a role in your road to freedom.. deal with it..and if you can't, kill yourself

Lol, its your fact, that is why your President spends 3/5 of his speech just to remind people of your claim. No need to get mad. Its a fact also that South Africans do not recognise your claim and your insults and claims seems to entranch their doubts even more. Kill myself? Heeeeeeheee, it looks like you are the only people that seem to be offended by not being recognised as an entity in the struggle against apartheid. I am sure you need it badly to further strengthen another one of your claims of being the "giant of Africa". Do you think we loose sleep about your claim? Hell no! We do not give ratz azz about it. But I guess you need it to sleep well so please go ahead by all means, the rand will remain stronger than the naira. grin

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Lol, its your fact, that is why your President spends 3/5 of his speech just to remind people of your claim. No need to get mad. Its a fact also that South Africans do not recognise your claim and your insults and claims seems to entranch their doubts even more. Kill myself? Heeeeeeheee, it looks like you are the only people that seem to be offended by not being recognised as an entity in the struggle against apartheid. I am sure you need it badly to further strengthen another one of your claims of being the "giant of Africa". Do you think we loose sleep about your claim? Hell no! We do not give ratz azz about it. But I guess you need it to sleep well so please go ahead by all means, the rand will remain stronger than the naira. grin
Oh my dear sweetcheeks, I know you wish you could rewrite history... FYI: we don't get worked up over facts grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
chucky234: Your post is as dump as your void brain, you call a language we made ours over three centuries ago a foreign language and went further to compare your preposterous self to Chinese,Spanish and Arabs who never consider English as general medium for communication.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

Listen to yourself, how many Nigerians of Jonathan's age were brought up with English in their Families, if not imposed on them in school, that was why I added south-africa, have u heard Nigerian footballers who didn't go to school speak english compared to their colleagues from other countries. Don't tell its not their official language, I have seen mexicans who learnt English just from TV. I've heard chinese from someone who majored in English, haven't you heard Arab interpreters who studied English in US, UK, Canada for years, does that accent leave (is it still as good compared to ours)
Even US and UK citizens still make oral mistake, not to now talk of Nigeria with the accent issue. Dude, apart from countries where English is their native language, Nigeria's English still ranks high compared to other countries that also made English their official language.
Use google man, before you insult people you don't know.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by nkemKalu: 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
Well written speech.......but I have a problem with the way our Presidents, both past and present read speeches verbatim. None of them seem to have information at his fingertips if not the ones written to them by advisers, special advisers and senior special advisers. They should please imitate the Obama's and Cameron's of these world as we are now in the jet age
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by sweetcheecks(f): 4:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
scipher:
Oh my dear sweetcheeks, I know you wish you could rewrite history... FYI: we don't get worked up over facts grin

All right then, its yours bro! grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
SmH
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
This is interesting......We Jamaicans always knew Nigeria is 'giant of Africa'
but little did we know they colonized Other Afro countries like South Africa. Interesting....
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by dinggle: 7:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
You will Praise GEJ's Speech if you don't know our history, GEJ flopped in his delivery when compared to Tafawa Balewa. He was nervous and showed signs of jittery, his pronunciation shaky, and he was count-reading the alphabets. His best punch was when he spoke about his days as a student with liberation songs, but he was unable to follow up his new found feet.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by solomon111(m): 7:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
sweetcheecks:

who cares if the largely ignorant southafricans refuse to accept it?
The knowledgeable southafricans and the govt accept and recognize our support.
Ungrateful twerp.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gboyega Aribisogan Suspended In Ekiti State For Not Supporting Fayose / Taraba Declares Indefinite Curfew Over Looting / Amaechi: Buhari Seeking Alternative Money For Rail Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.