Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) (9501 Views)

President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) / Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / BREAKING NEWS: Chaos In South African Parliament - CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
Truckpusher: Why don't you just sit in that your 4x4 cubicle and collect your daily food stamp instead of coming here to blame Nigerians for your misfortune in that your shithole you call America........after all people that resides in Ajegunle are all Lagosians ,no be so? undecided

Peeps that are stranded on welfare won't just let us here words,if you're life is so great in that your oshogbo cave that supposedly look like America to you why don't you just shut your trap and live your good life grin

Oh boy...

Dude, ure still dying for attention. Like I said: Stay away from me, stop sending me emails, I CANNOT, NOR WILL I, HELP YOU WRITE AN INVITATION LETTER FOR YOU TO TAKE TO THE U.S Embassy. We are not family, I have no relationship with you and theres no difference a reference from me can make. You can go back to hating now.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
scipher: he's a white south African, what do you expect undecided

I'm sure if he was black you would have also brought up his race..
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
zetdee:

I'm sure if he was black you would have also brought up his race..
you'd have done the same if you were white, fact!... good you kept shut
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
solomon111: who cares if the largely ignorant southafricans refuse to accept it?
The knowledgeable southafricans and the govt accept and recognize our support.
Ungrateful twerp.

Give us a source, your contribution was partisan and did nothing to end apartheid..

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
zetdee:

Give us a source, your contribution was partisan and did nothing to end apartheid ..
I guess it escalated it undecided
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
scipher: I guess it escalated it undecided

Point is even without the little help Nigeria gave the anc, apartheid would have ended.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2013
zetdee:

Point is even without the little help Nigeria gave the anc, apartheid would have ended.
you must be a demi-god to know that
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by iterator25: 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by iterator25: 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
zetdee:

Not only ANC my friend

Nigeria has been in the frontline for the realisation of freedom and total fundamental liberties in every African country, especially in the Southern Africa sub-region. The Murtala Muhammed - Olusegun Obasanjo regime, in a successful attempt to send warning signals, to the whole world, that it would not tolerate, nor flirt with any country doing business with the white minority regime in South Africa, nationalized the local operations of Barclays Bank in Nigeria, after that bank ignored the strong protests by Nigeria, advising it, not to buy the South African government bond,which would be in violation of the economic/trade embargo on the racist South African regime.

Nigeria's Murtala Muhammed - Olusegun Obasanjo regime, nationalized the British Petroleum (BP) for supplying oil to South Africa. This was at a time, when South Africa needed action and not just rhetorics to give momentum to the struggle for freedom from the white masters. These were no mean and easy decisions. These were decisions that carried very enormous political implications. These decisions were capable of attracting serious political, economic and social reprisals. However, for love for our brothers and sisters in South Africa, Nigeria risked all, to help South Africa gain freedom.

Also, to help South Africa gain independence, Nigeria led a boycot of the 1978 Games in protest of New Zealand's sporting contacts with apartheid South Africa, and 32 of 59 nations from Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean joined a Nigeria led boycot of the 1986 Commonwealth Games due to the Thatcher government's attitude towards South African .Nigeria, a member of the common wealth mobilized it's diplomatic influence, and led majority of the common wealth countries to boycott these common wealth games as a show of solidarity to South Africa and to send a message to the white country members in the common wealth and in the world generally, that Nigeria will fight with it's all, to set our brothers and sisters in South Africa free. This was a herculean task. The mobilisation for this boycott, deeply tested Nigeria's claim to leadership in Africa and beyond. Alas, the mobilisation was very successfull. And the common wealth games, that year, was a sorry story. From that moment onwards, the whole world took notice and the struggle for the liberation of South Africa was immediately hyper-accelerated. And the rest is now history.

Nigeria is also reputed to have provided secret military training at the Kaduna first mechanized army division and provided other material, financial and diplomatic support to African National Congress guerrilla forces. Who can quantify the millions of dollars, that Nigeria spent on the A. N. C. during the struggle to liberate South Africa ?.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2013
iterator25:
Not only ANC my friend

Nigeria has been in the frontline for the realisation of freedom and total fundamental liberties in every African country, especially in the Southern Africa sub-region. The Murtala Muhammed - Olusegun Obasanjo regime, in a successful attempt to send warning signals, to the whole world, that it would not tolerate, nor flirt with any country doing business with the white minority regime in South Africa, nationalized the local operations of Barclays Bank in Nigeria, after that bank ignored the strong protests by Nigeria, advising it, not to buy the South African government bond,which would be in violation of the economic/trade embargo on the racist South African regime.

Nigeria's Murtala Muhammed - Olusegun Obasanjo regime, nationalized the British Petroleum (BP) for supplying oil to South Africa. This was at a time, when South Africa needed action and not just rhetorics to give momentum to the struggle for freedom from the white masters. These were no mean and easy decisions. These were decisions that carried very enormous political implications. These decisions were capable of attracting serious political, economic and social reprisals. However, for love for our brothers and sisters in South Africa, Nigeria risked all, to help South Africa gain freedom.

Also, to help South Africa gain independence, Nigeria led a boycot of the 1978 Games in protest of New Zealand's sporting contacts with apartheid South Africa, and 32 of 59 nations from Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean joined a Nigeria led boycot of the 1986 Commonwealth Games due to the Thatcher government's attitude towards South African .Nigeria, a member of the common wealth mobilized it's diplomatic influence, and led majority of the common wealth countries to boycott these common wealth games as a show of solidarity to South Africa and to send a message to the white country members in the common wealth and in the world generally, that Nigeria will fight with it's all, to set our brothers and sisters in South Africa free. This was a herculean task. The mobilisation for this boycott, deeply tested Nigeria's claim to leadership in Africa and beyond. Alas, the mobilisation was very successfull. And the common wealth games, that year, was a sorry story. From that moment onwards, the whole world took notice and the struggle for the liberation of South Africa was immediately hyper-accelerated. And the rest is now history.

Nigeria is also reputed to have provided secret military training at the Kaduna first mechanized army division and provided other material, financial and diplomatic support to African National Congress guerrilla forces. Who can quantify the millions of dollars, that Nigeria spent on the A. N. C. during the struggle to liberate South Africa ?.
I guess some people need history lessons.. xenophobic twerps
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by obainojazz(m): 8:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
This southAfricans just love talking menn...they full nairaland just to hate[well 2baba tok say if nobody talks about you,then you are nobody]...peace....
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by chucky234(m): 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
Promhize:

Listen to yourself, how many Nigerians of Jonathan's age were brought up with English in their Families, if not imposed on them in school, that was why I added south-africa, have u heard Nigerian footballers who didn't go to school speak english compared to their colleagues from other countries. Don't tell its not their official language, I have seen mexicans who learnt English just from TV. I've heard chinese from someone who majored in English, haven't you heard Arab interpreters who studied English in US, UK, Canada for years, does that accent leave (is it still as good compared to ours)
Even US and UK citizens still make oral mistake, not to now talk of Nigeria with the accent issue. Dude, apart from countries where English is their native language, Nigeria's English still ranks high compared to other countries that also made English their official language.
Use google man, before you insult people you don't know.
Still trying hard to justify your daft void brain,my grand father whose first child is older than GEJ speaks English more fluently than GEJ yet he grew up in a remote village.
So whats your point birdbrain, maybe you forgot our dear president is a Ph. D holder.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by chucky234(m): 8:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
Promhize:

Listen to yourself, how many Nigerians of Jonathan's age were brought up with English in their Families, if not imposed on them in school, that was why I added south-africa, have u heard Nigerian footballers who didn't go to school speak english compared to their colleagues from other countries. Don't tell its not their official language, I have seen mexicans who learnt English just from TV. I've heard chinese from someone who majored in English, haven't you heard Arab interpreters who studied English in US, UK, Canada for years, does that accent leave (is it still as good compared to ours)
Even US and UK citizens still make oral mistake, not to now talk of Nigeria with the accent issue. Dude, apart from countries where English is their native language, Nigeria's English still ranks high compared to other countries that also made English their official language.
Still trying hard to justify your daft void brain,my grand father whose first child is older than GEJ speaks English more fluently than GEJ yet he grew up in a remote village.
So whats your point birdbrain, maybe you forgot our dear president is a Ph. D holder.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by chucky234(m): 8:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
Promhize:

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by chucky234(m): 8:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
kingoflag:

Oh boy...

Dude, ure still dying for attention. Like I said: Stay away from me, stop sending me emails, I CANNOT, NOR WILL I, HELP YOU WRITE AN INVITATION LETTER FOR YOU TO TAKE TO THE U.S Embassy. We are not family, I have no relationship with you and theres no difference a reference from me can make. You can go back to hating now.
LMAO @Letter of invitation
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by danjohn: 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
kingoflag: "Appetite" instead of "Apartheid", "Sat Africa" instead of "South Africa"...and that's one of the best speeches uve ever heard? why do u guys love mediocrity so much?

LMAO you are very funny. I think that the President's oratory has improved. Is he Barack Obama or Bill Clinton? Definitely not. Nonetheless, I see a big improvement.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
danjohn:

LMAO you are very funny. I think that the President's oratory has improved. Is he Barack Obama or Bill Clinton? Definitely not. Nonetheless, I see a big improvement.
Maybe he has improved, I honestly couldnt watch more than 3 mins of that rubbish.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 05, 2013
Promhize:

Have you heard a south-african speak english, what of an Arab, a chinese, do you know generally we speak better english than them. Have you heard foreign (german, spanish...) Footballers speak English? Do you know their pronunciation is highly terrible, why don't you ask a white man to come learn and speak Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa.
You dumb piece of $hit
But their Lingua Franca is not Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Truckpusher(m): 9:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
kingoflag:

Oh boy...

Lmao grin grin @ writing a scumbag like you a letter ,keep on hallucinating and having this schizophrenia that runs in your family.

My advice to you is to stop doing cheap crack before coming to spew trash before intelligent and well read people whilst deceiving yourself that you're an American even your grammatical composition can only be compared to that of an ordinary village boy that had no access to quality education.How i wish that NL can narrow down peep's location to enable us see that cave you keep crawling out from to type this your gibberish that stinks with bad educational background.

Your type probably live in one Detroit ghetto committing unimaginable crimes while basking in the euphoria of living abroad because if your life is so sweet ,you wouldn't give a rat azz about what happens in Nigeria but i guess that your failure and frustration keeps getting the better part of you ,hence the usual ranting like a rabid mad dog without an owner.......smh

oya run along you little piece of cunnt...... sonaofabitch

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by sweetcheecks(f): 9:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
solomon111: who cares if the largely ignorant southafricans refuse to accept it?
The knowledgeable southafricans and the govt accept and recognize our support.
Ungrateful twerp.

Oh! Cry me a river!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by sweetcheecks(f): 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
iterator25: South Africans Only

http://www.gamji.com/article8000/NEWS8020.htm

Is this the only source you have? Written by one of your own. Amazing only you guys know the said help and the rest of the world seems to have just missed it. Wonders will never end.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Boll2010: 9:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Is this the only source you have? Written by one of your own. Amazing only you guys know the said help and the rest of the world seems to have just missed it. Wonders will never end.
quit d foulplay n v in mind u stil both got same skin colors#u families
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by sweetcheecks(f): 9:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
scipher:
I guess some people need history lessons.. xenophobic twerps

This is not history its your version of self importance. We know how you make up stories and tell them so many times that you believe them and that is your history. If remember correctly you are the worst at recording history of even your own country let alone other countries. You still argue about what happened in your civil war, with versions that are miles apart depending on which tribe tells the story. Asseblief tog before asking people to take history lessons take care of you 30year gap in history.

And by the way we said post a source and please do not give us your tales by moonlight told to you by your fathers.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Truckpusher(m): 10:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
chucky234: LMAO @Letter of invitation
Cocksu.ckers like you would believe anything,just anything grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by ifihearam: 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
bestest speech.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
wetin other nationals dey find for nairaland sef? ghana, cameroun, s.a etc. na wa o
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by MthimbaneZA(m): 4:35am On Sep 06, 2013
Heheeeeheee! Lol eish Nigerians. U cn make 1 laugh u r the only country tht keeps on playing that 'we helped u during Apartheid' card. What about Zims, Ethopians,Tanzanians, Zambians and other countries r they singing this remix or anthem, they remind no 1 they know what is what. As for Mandela let him rest he is too old to answer crap, he wrote "Long Walk To Freedom" go and read it as well as ANC history and see if u'll c more Lagosses and Portwhat!what! than the Addis Ababas. Some1 in this website said his mother and other women donated bras and money 4 food during apartheid but WTF, LOL imagine we went hungry sorry either its ur leaders or your history, u really need 2 b reimbursed by them.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 06, 2013
sweetcheecks:

This is not history its your version of self importance. We know how you make up stories and tell them so many times that you believe them and that is your history. If remember correctly you are the worst at recording history of even your own country let alone other countries. You still argue about what happened in your civil war, with versions that are miles apart depending on which tribe tells the story. Asseblief tog before asking people to take history lessons take care of you 30year gap in history.

And by the way we said post a source and please do not give us your tales by moonlight told to you by your fathers.

Take the points raised in the article and do a Google search on them, if it doesn't produce neutral sources, then I'll gladly shut my gub.. like I said, we don't get worked up over facts
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by unmask: 6:16am On Sep 06, 2013
chucky234: I can tell from your argument that you were born in 1994 when Nelson Mandela was elected the first president in SA thats why you were not aware of the important role Nigeria played in SA apartheid era,why not ask a honest elderly person around you to confirm the sacrisfies we made for SA to gain freedom from those blood thirsty Dutch and Portuguese who made life unbearable for your people years before you were born to enjoy the peace of the post-apartheid SA.
Ungrateful deluded chronic goons.
please find a source and let the matter rest.....I am tired of seeing you beg the question
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 06, 2013
Mthimbane.ZA:
Heheeeeheee! Lol eish Nigerians. U cn make 1 laugh u r the only country tht keeps on playing that 'we helped u during Apartheid' card. What about Zims, Ethopians,Tanzanians, Zambians and other countries r they singing this remix or anthem, they remind no 1 they know what is what. As for Mandela let him rest he is too old to answer crap, he wrote "Long Walk To Freedom" go and read it as well as ANC history and see if u'll c more Lagosses and Portwhat!what! than the Addis Ababas. Some1 in this website said his mother and other women donated bras and money 4 food during apartheid but WTF, LOL imagine we went hungry sorry either its ur leaders or your history, u really need 2 b reimbursed by them.
now I understand why you lots don't see beyond your cocoons...
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by unmask: 6:44am On Sep 06, 2013
Mthimbane.ZA:
lol @reimbursement....guess someone got rich......I am a Nigerian and will probably get stick for this, but I like you Am sick of reading we did this for one country or the other song most Nigerians love to sing....

All the countries they claim to have helped are making giant strides, yet our only claim to greatness is to move about boasting of rendering help.

Not too long ago it was Ghana and the claim then was that "look at the people we chased out of our country now feeling on top of the world"

I am not sure, but I believe the giant of africa mantra started after the 96 olympics, which cameroon won 4 yrs later.

Hopefully we would learn that a gift is not a gift when a return is expected.

Funny thing is even this "I did it for you" mentality is commonplace in the country.

I am a Nigerian, and I don't defend rubbish, except anybody defines amala and gbegiri as rubbish

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At The South-African Parliament (Video) by Kalvan: 8:04am On Sep 06, 2013
Great Speech from Jonathan. I'm not his biggest Fan, but i'm soooo happy for him. The Cap is finally becoming fitted on the wearers head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What’s The Point Of A First Lady? - Tabia Princewill / EFCC Writes UK Crime Agency Over Stolen 61 Assets In Dubai / "Even Porn Stars Dont Display Their Carrots Like That" Nigerians To Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.