Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,336 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

What's With White This And White That? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's With White This And White That? (4454 Views)

American(black And White) Different Accent. / . / "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's With White This And White That? by amberella: 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2008
apologise for telling you that your obsession with bashing whites is lame? I don't think so.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by 4Him1(m): 8:10pm On Jun 15, 2008
amber_ella:

apologise for telling you that your obsession with bashing whites is lame? I don't think so.

just show me 3 threads here bashing whites pls. You're sounding pathetic.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by NubianQ(f): 8:22pm On Jun 15, 2008
amber_ella:

First of all. you come here and bash black people esp naija peeps. look woman i am really not in the mood to read your silly remarks. all i have said is take it back because you are the one sounding lame. why don't u just go somewhere else. maybe try watching your husband for a change and quit being this silly.

i guess you have failed to understand that we Nigerians can express ourselves based on what we think and we do not bash white people on this forum as we are too busy discussing relevant things. if you refuse to take it back then u are only making this worse for you. because its very ignorant to accuse us of something when u havent done your research. i think u really want some attention today. i have recommended sites for you to go to. i am not asking u to change your way of thinking but attacks are not worth it. do u think any white person has relevance in our lives HELL NO!!! you don't know a thing about nigerians all u are doing is being with one. so save your rants or don't let me start on you today.

so i have asked u rephrase what u are saying or stay online and defend yourself because its going to take a loooooooooooooooooooooong time cool

wetin dey happen nowadays? when pigmentally challenged people start shagging blackies they automatically think they know it all. this woman no go go dey watch im hussy e dey here dey tlk rubbish, meanwhile e no no say she be passing phase

why don't u just stay online and have a discussion with me, i really have your time today wink

if you dont like the forum then get the hell outta here! you havent used ur brain to realise that forums are for opinions, why announce ur own feelings. who cares. look let me tell you something hunny, check ur own house before u come here mouthing off. who knows u might be going to attend a wedding of ur special someone soon. my advice is go check whats cooking in the kitchen before u comment on what u rarely know
Re: What's With White This And White That? by debosky(m): 9:42pm On Jun 15, 2008
once again without reading even 10% of the threads on nairaland, you conclude we have an 'obsession'? How do you define your own obsession? You the same person who met a few Africans in one school in Canada assume that all Nigerians/Africans in the US are leaving their families at home to shag women indiscriminately?

Not racist indeed - you have your deeply warped lens that you view Africans from too - from reading a minuscule part of this forum and instantly realising we are 'all' obsessed with whites. Doctor heal thyself.

You haven't even interacted with 2% of Nairaland's population and you regard it as a general phenomenon here? So there are no freaks or idiotic racists in Canada either, or even in your neighborhood, that you think some proporiton of other nations (whose experience you know little about anyways) would not have problems with it.

Are you aware of the individual situations/experiences leading people to hold such views in the first instance? I think your learning leaves much to be desired, if by isolated/limited interactions you arrive at blanket condemnations at the drop of the hat.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by amberella: 10:44pm On Jun 15, 2008
NubianQ:

when pigmentally challenged people start shagging blackies they automatically think they know it all. this woman no go go dey watch im hussy e dey here dey tlk rubbish, meanwhile e no no say she be passing phase

I rest my case.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by Arielle: 11:47pm On Jun 15, 2008
So why are you still here? Do us all a favor and leave already!
Re: What's With White This And White That? by NubianQ(f): 12:34am On Jun 16, 2008
Arielle:

So why are you still here? Do us all a favor and leave already!

Dont mind her, she just came her to tlk about it like she owned the forum. anyway i am still waiting for her to come and run her mouth again. Just because she they hump naija man shakes head she thinks she can tlk intead of her to ask us to pray for her man to stay with her she is talking dia. sometimes this women amaze me cuz they think they know it all.

@Poster,

Make sure u leave the forum as fast as u can grin grin run! run! run! i heard the KKK are asking for a New Member grin
Re: What's With White This And White That? by amberella: 1:23am On Jun 16, 2008
I don't need your help with my marriage.  My husband hasn't been more than 3 meters away from me all day and I'm just taking a bit of a break from cuddling with him on the couch, after spending a beautiful father's day together, giving him some real good loving this afternoon, eating the delicious goat meat I cooked for supper, putting our gorgeous daughter to sleep together, and soon falling asleep in each others arms.  Trust me, I don't need your help with that. 

I've just finished a long conversation with him about all this stuff and the guy agrees with me 100%.  Thank god I managed to get one of the good ones instead of one of you bored, closed-minded fools.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by NubianQ(f): 1:43am On Jun 16, 2008
amber_ella:

I don't need your help with my marriage.  My husband hasn't been more than 3 meters away from me all day and I'm just taking a bit of a break from cuddling with him on the couch, after spending a beautiful father's day together, giving him some real good loving this afternoon, eating the delicious goat meat I cooked for supper, putting our gorgeous daughter to sleep together, and soon falling asleep in each others arms.  Trust me, I don't need your help with that. 

I've just finished a long conversation with him about all this stuff and the guy agrees with me 100%.  Thank god I managed to get one of the good ones instead of one of you bored, closed-minded fools.

who are you calling close minded fool? is it because u gave your husband a canadian passport? if your marriage is so perfect why are u on nairaland seeking ways to make your marriage work? i have got news for you, your  use stupid kisses to choke a man to death and claim u are in love. wake up and smell the morning cofee and stop being a love sick gorrila . u had better prepare to find out that u are the tenth wife or do u actually think u will last? its either u don't have sex life or u get turned on reading posts on nairaland. BUGGER OFF! WHY WONT HE SUPPORT You WHEN HE HAS A BOOB IN HIS MOUTH, PLS GET A LIFE AND GET OFF NAIRALAND . GO AND SORT OUT UR MARRIAGE AND STOP BLAMING NIGERIANS FOR UR INADEQUACIES. Women like u make me laugh.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by Gabry(f): 7:26am On Jun 16, 2008
I once saw a documentary about the existence of the first human being on earth and it says that when they did a full research on the land and foot tracks and all these things, they found that our very very VERY FIRST ANCESTORS were originated from Africa and because the population is getting bigger, alot had to walk and travel to other parts of the globe and when they travelled and reached to other destinations, their features and skin colour had changed due to the change of environment and weather.

So if that is the case, I think the whole entire world are actually Black People no?

That means if you see my picture, I will tell you that I'm black and Please do not be FOOLED by the colour of my skin. grin
Re: What's With White This And White That? by Gabry(f): 7:35am On Jun 16, 2008
Amber, I dont think the threads here were meant to bash up any race in particular in a genral perspective. Maybe just cause certain indivual just happened to noticed certain things when going through their everyday life and they just wanted to ask about it but never intentionally wanting to refer towards the whole group of a certain race. in particular.

Example lets say today I go to Mc Donalds to eat a burger in Malaysia and I find the burger disgusting so in my thread, I not intentionally ask Why are the burgers in Mc Donalds disgusting whereby I should in the first place ask Why are the burgers in McDonald, Cheras Lot 12 Road Ampang in Malaysia terrible? So for me to ask the first question in my thread Why are the burgers in Mc Donalds disgusting? other people will get anrgy with me cause they feel that I might be bashing their country's Mc Donald food chain outlet.

Uhm. . . . I think so smiley undecided
Re: What's With White This And White That? by dudubobo1: 10:18am On Jun 16, 2008
This amber get problem no be small. when the guy eye clear he go find 9ja woman and dump this white woman. na dat time she go sabi say she no know anything

ewu
Re: What's With White This And White That? by amberella: 1:34pm On Jun 16, 2008
NubianQ:

if your marriage is so perfect why are u on nairaland seeking ways to make your marriage work?

Please, I beg of you to find one post on here where I:

1. asked for help finding ways to make my marriage work
2. complained about my marriage, or
3. complained about my husband

If you can do that, I will take back everything I've said here and admit that I am nothing more than a drivelling, racist fool.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by JustGood(m): 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2008
amber_ella:

If you can do that, I will take back everything I've said here and admit that[b] I am nothing more than a drivelling, racist fool.[/b]

Is that not exactly what you are?
You must have got used to black people dancing to your tune and you expected to experience same here. You are unhappy because you are meeting Nigerians who are not getting bowled over by your being white and you are unable to handle the situation. If that doesn't suit you please move on to a white forum or another African where you might find Africans who are easily bowled over by the appearance of a white person.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by Gabry(f): 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2008
oh oh, world war undecided
Re: What's With White This And White That? by NubianQ(f): 3:13pm On Jun 16, 2008
amber_ella:

If you can do that, I will take back everything I've said here and admit that I am nothing more than a drivelling, racist fool.

it seems like you need some choice words today. you claim your husaband supports the crap u are posting. breaking news hun, he supports it because u are just a passover for him, if your man loved you he would sincerely have told you better ways to approach issues but he left you for us to tlk to. do you think having a kid that makes it soooo sure he will stay? listen to yourself.

Nigerian men though may have their issues do not encourage their wives to make a fool of themselves and come here and tell us how we are all about white people. you don't just get it. i keep telling you to go check his family album because his real woman is waiting for him back home.

you come here and considering the fact that you are married to a Nigerian, you think we were going to take this with a pinch of salt. woman, we know about our race and can relate to any other race. if you just shut your fanny and listened you would see that we just discuss things like any forum would, you actually come online and generalize and its very very irritating and honestly if i have to read another post from you i will poke my eyes out!

yes, we all have of differences in races and there would always be the odd criticism but thats what makes the world unique. read your post and understand that what you wrote came out in a confrontational way. being married to a Nigerian doesn't really give you an understanding of the world. so stop it and stop being silly. you called me a fool so babygirl, i aint bothered but thing is you are actually looking for some trouble here. as for me, i think i am the wrongest person to be asking for trouble from.

i thought you said you were leaving. BUZZ OFF
Re: What's With White This And White That? by Gabry(f): 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2008
Uhm. . . . Guys. . . Remember what I said about our ancestors and also Mc Donalds? grin  undecided  lipsrsealed
Re: What's With White This And White That? by amberella: 3:25pm On Jun 16, 2008
NubianQ:

you claim your husaband supports the crap u are posting. breaking news hun, he supports it because u are just a passover for him,

What he said is that too many of his fellow countrymen have experienced blatant racism and now feel the need to pick on someone else. I said I didn't think it was that, but just that they've been subjected to so much overt racism that they think, on a subconsious level, that it is normal or acceptable.

NubianQ:

you don't just get it. i keep telling you to go check his family album because his real woman is waiting for him back home.

Sweetheart, give your brothers some credit.  They're not all polygamous, cheating mofos.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by NubianQ(f): 3:28pm On Jun 16, 2008
amber_ella:

Sweetheart, give your brothers some credit. They're not all polygamous, cheating mofos.

They are actually not all like that but u seem to be too sure of your self. anyway ur own is showing you all the traits and you have no idea. what man would leave his wife to talk crap. stop fooling yourself and wake up. i know ur kind u ride on some high horse and later the weeping begins.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by NubianQ(f): 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2008
And if you read between the lines, i did Question the fact that your husband has allowed you make a Narrow minded opinion about Nigerians. it completely unheard of, my Nigerian Brothers have more respect for their wives and themselves. maybe he is trying to give u little messages. well i don't even want to tlk about your marriage all i am even pissed of about is your shallow minded accusation. you refuse to even understand that in a forum like this you can launch an attack on us all. yes we argue between ourselves but you just can't attack us like that.

like u said, this forum is not for you. woman, i do love to be there for my fellow woman but you are out of order!
Re: What's With White This And White That? by 4Him1(m): 2:11am On Jun 17, 2008
perhaps amber ella's husband doesnt even know better.
Its funny how he says Nigerian's have experienced overt racism.

The vast majority of Nigerians who spent their formative yrs in Nigeria only read about racism in books and never experienced it until they came here.

Amber, if you had so great a marriage you wont be here whinning. It baffles me when i see people posting here while claiming to have oh so wonderful a family. Have you got nothing better to do with them than to come snivelling on a forum?
Re: What's With White This And White That? by Gabry(f): 2:14am On Jun 17, 2008
Ok, Enough with the issue of Black and White . You can come complaining about me the Yellow one. I dont mind. smiley

But remember, we are all from the same family!
Re: What's With White This And White That? by 4Him1(m): 2:15am On Jun 17, 2008
gabrywyl:

But remember, we are all from the same family!

amber ella certainly doesnt believe so. I suppose she was shocked that everyone didnt run trying to curry up to her simply for being white. too bad.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by Gabry(f): 2:18am On Jun 17, 2008
Its all just a big misunderstanding I;m sure. undecided wink
Re: What's With White This And White That? by NegroNtns(m): 5:23am On Jun 17, 2008
Who is the moderator in Culture, anybody know? I need help with something.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by NegroNtns(m): 5:28am On Jun 17, 2008
Garbry, stop saying that this is big misunderstanding.

Your understanding and perception is different from Amber's . Amber is raised in a country where everything, I repeat everything, as insignificant as where to use the bathroom, is color coded. She has no other dimension in which to see people other than their color as a factorial indicator for their mindset.

I came here to get help not to discuss Amber, I will leave her alone. 4Him got her for now. I will take over when he is done.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by Gabry(f): 6:15am On Jun 17, 2008
Sorry Negro_Ntns,

I don't know who is the moderator but I'm sure Suen will know.

And I honestly still think it is a all misunderstanding.  Its like what I mentioned earlier about the Mc Donald Food chain outlet case? I think just cause Amber just find some threads here to be referring to a certain race but its like what I mentioned earlier that people did not mean to genrally refer the topic on the whole group but based on what they have seen/heard/experience in their daily life.

Amber,
If you go to other chat sites, they will be topics on race issues and it all brings down to those people just curious and needing to know on why certain people behave that way. Its not just about whites, I have been to so many other sites and they are people questioning the uglinest of Asian people and they even say that why Asian people are so desperate and stuff like that but its not like they intentionally want to refer to all Asians, It could be that that time the poster just happen to noticed certain individuals behaving that way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When someone types something in here, the sentences can be misunderstood in many ways and other people would only have to depend on their reading senses to understand what the poster is trying to say where like if its in Communication skills, the person is able to understand clearly more than reading the sentences because expressions are used at the same time so thats why I think this is all a huge misunderstanding.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by amberella: 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2008
4 Him:

Amber, if you had so great a marriage you wont be here whinning. It baffles me when i see people posting here while claiming to have oh so wonderful a family. Have you got nothing better to do with them than to come snivelling on a forum?

I only mentioned that I have a solid marriage two times on this forum.  The first was in response to a thread where many posters were claiming that a marriage between a white and a Nigerian cannot succeed.  The second time was in this thread, after NubianQ repeatedly insisted that I should be trying to save my marriage.  You will notice that I ignored those comments the first couple of times, since they were completely off topic.  Finally I felt the need to set her straight and let her know that, despite the problems and challenges that we've had between us, we are deeply in love and best friends.

You will notice that I have not made any racist comments on this forum.  I have not made generalisations or stereotypes about black people or Nigerians.  So the only basis you and negro_ntns have for beleiving that I'm racist is the country I grew up in?  Yes, that's a very solid argument.  Thank you for that.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by amberella: 1:01pm On Jun 17, 2008
4 Him:

amber ella certainly doesnt believe so.

I absolutely do think that we are one family and Africa is the womb from which we all come.

Look, I am sorry for bringing up a sensitive topic and I apologise to anyone who felt insulted by my words.  Honestly, it's been eating away at me every since I started this thread.  My words were not well chosen.

All I'm saying is this.  Nigerian culture is beautiful.  The overwhelming majority of Nigerian people, from what I've heard and experienced, are good, beautiful, interesting and intelligent.  If you would claim that, in general, Nigerians make good parents, I would agree.  That they treat their parents and elders well, I would agree.  That they are raised in a way that promotes morality and honesty, I would agree.

But why not leave it at that?  Why do you have to say that white people don't know how to parent, in order for you to be good parents?  Why do you have to say that most white women don't give a shit about the welfare of their husbands, in order for Nigerian women to make good wives?  Just in the short time that I've been on nairaland, I've heard more of these kinds of statements than I can even list.

The truth, I think, is that the great majority of parents in all countries are good.  The great majority of wives are loving and caring.  The great majority of people from every country in the world, I think, are good, moral, caring, loving people.  You might not see them on Dr. Phil or Wife Swap.  You might not hear about them in the news.  But regardless of whether they are igbo or yoruba, a christian or buddhist, Saudi or Australian, most people are just carrying on with their lives, trying to be good people and dedicating their lives to their families and loved ones.

That's really all I'm trying to say, guys.  And I do apologise for not being more sensitive in my choice of words.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by Blatant: 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2008
Amber ella, good luck
Re: What's With White This And White That? by merge(f): 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2008
amber is wrong.

She wants us to say white this white that
Re: What's With White This And White That? by merge(f): 2:35pm On Jun 17, 2008
amber_ella:

I absolutely do think that we are one family and Africa is the womb from which we all come.

Look, I am sorry for bringing up a sensitive topic and I apologise to anyone who felt insulted by my words. Honestly, it's been eating away at me every since I started this thread. My words were not well chosen.

All I'm saying is this. Nigerian culture is beautiful. The overwhelming majority of Nigerian people, from what I've heard and experienced, are good, beautiful, interesting and intelligent. If you would claim that, in general, Nigerians make good parents, I would agree. That they treat their parents and elders well, I would agree. That they are raised in a way that promotes morality and honesty, I would agree.

But why not leave it at that? Why do you have to say that white people don't know how to parent, in order for you to be good parents? Why do you have to say that most white women don't give a shit about the welfare of their husbands, in order for Nigerian women to make good wives? Just in the short time that I've been on nairaland, I've heard more of these kinds of statements than I can even list.

The truth, I think, is that the great majority of parents in all countries are good. The great majority of wives are loving and caring. The great majority of people from every country in the world, I think, are good, moral, caring, loving people. You might not see them on Dr. Phil or Wife Swap. You might not hear about them in the news. But regardless of whether they are igbo or yoruba, a christian or buddhist, Saudi or Australian, most people are just carrying on with their lives, trying to be good people and dedicating their lives to their families and loved ones.

That's really all I'm trying to say, guys. And I do apologise for not being more sensitive in my choice of words.

Stop trying to play innocent when clearly you want to cause trouble.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Ibo Dialect Is Used As The Main Igbo Language? / Who Is The Most Beautiful Among This Ethnic Groups? (pictures) / Teachers Day 2015 Starting Speech Anchoring Script In Hindi English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.