Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

What's With White This And White That? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's With White This And White That? (4453 Views)

American(black And White) Different Accent. / . / "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's With White This And White That? by merge(f): 2:45pm On Jun 17, 2008
She wants us to know that she is a white woman on Nairaland.

But not just that she is married to a Naija man.

okay

Amber you got your attention. Happy
Re: What's With White This And White That? by skfa1: 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2008
@ poster

You are looking for trouble.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by NubianQ(f): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2008
Amber,

Well i dont know what to say to you but we all have our differences in the world today. the reason why anyone would've said anything to you was the fact that the words u used were not giving us much opportunity to explain ourselves.

Yes, as a country and i am sure for other countries, we all have our experiences and opinions on life. take canada for example, i know you have the aborigines and other cultures as well (correct me if i am wrong) am a bit rusty. but i know you have all these people and sometimes within themselves you get the odd criticism among them, no harm intended.

let me give you an example and i speak for only myself saying that, i do get on with white people but i particularly get on with people of non-british backgrounds and sometimes i throw-in the odd comment about the british, that doesnt influence the way i would think or treat them . i do have a few British friends but i get on better with people from other European union countries and my favs are the Scottish, welsh and Irish people. bearing in mind they are of the same colour and in the united kingdom as well. so, its a Question of preference. so if i said something negative about my relationship with the British its my opinion cuz someone else could disagree with me.

i cant necessarily be classed as racist! maybe something else but i am tolerant and if i had something to say i would say it in a diplomatic way.and for remarks about your marriage, believe it or not, i am an Advocate for inter-racial marriages, i do believe that they work cuz my friends are married to white women and they are very caring and loving women and the kids come out soo beautiful . no harm intended so lets forget it and Move on.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by amberella: 3:31pm On Jun 17, 2008
We do have aborginals here and, believe me, there is "criticism" against them here. (If that's what you want to call it. I call it racism, plain and simple.) We also have french Canadians who are generally disliked by the rest of Canada and there is plenty of "criticism" against them.

The funny thing is that, despite having grown up in a community that was about 1/3 aboriginal, I heard very few, if any, negative comments made by them about whites. Likewise, I lived in the french part of Canada for several years and can honestly tell you that I did not encounter a single person who disrespected or mistreated me because I was from the english part, or because I couldn't speak french.

This is why I generally prefer aboriginals and french canadians over the english speaking canadians, many of whom have a closed-minded mentality.

To sum, this "criticism" certainly exists here in Canada, where we have different groups. However, I don't think it's as harmless as you apparently do.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by skfa1: 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2008
@ poster

Can you just forget about this your post and think that all people around the world are human being
Re: What's With White This And White That? by NubianQ(f): 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2008
i dont think its harmless, i just dont see any need for a confrontation or anything. the world is a crazy place and some issues will always be there. i Really am not tryin to downplay any kind of hurt on any race. i just believe in Tolerance and though its hard to arrive at that in some cases, we do have to understand that its a gradual process.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by amberella: 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2008
You're right, Nubian.

Thanks for putting up with me. I'm leaving now. smiley

All the best.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by NegroNtns(m): 12:39am On Jun 18, 2008
No, don't leave Amber come back.

You have round holes and you are expecting to fit square pegs into them. It won't work. I have read everything you said so far and coupled with other things in other areas on NL where you opined on race matters, I am confused as to your true identity is. Can you pleace clarify who you are, it's not so simple to say to an African " I am white". From within the continent, our knowledge of the white race is a broad paint and it looks like this:

White = straight hair falling around face; skin is pale; lips are thin and pink; face is not negroid in its countours.

So if a Mexican comes to native Africa he/she will be categorized as a white person, so would a Argentinian. Exposure and contact with humanity is the best teacher. When the native African leaves home and goes to America, Canada, Europe. He/she meets a different definition of white race. This is where we begin to distinguish between a Caucasian, a Mexican, a Jew, a Turk, and so on and so forth.

I have heard you denounced the white race in some of your responses and claimed that you are Jew and a victim of white oppression. I have also heard you claimed steadfastly that you are white. I am confused Amber.

Are you Jew or are you Caucasian? If you are Caucasian, where in Europe is your root? I am asking this so I
Re: What's With White This And White That? by NegroNtns(m): 12:41am On Jun 18, 2008
I am asking so I can take you back into the pages of history and allow you to see what nobody has ever, ever shared with you about Africa but which you need to understand, especially that you are married (if that's true) to an African.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by amberella: 2:27am On Jun 18, 2008
@Negro_Ntns

I have sent you an e-mail. I've done enough damage here, pissed off many people here, and overstayed my welcome. However, I think you know I never claimed to be Jewish (either that or you've been smoking way too much of the good stuff!) We will continue this discussion, if you're willing, by e-mail because I'm very curious to hear what you're trying to get at here. Thank you.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by 4Him1(m): 2:38am On Jun 18, 2008
negro_ntns you've got amber back now. . . grin albeit by email.

Amber certainly has a very thin skin. You accuse us of saying things about whites . . . hello . . . blacks are dumb, blacks cant think for themselves, blacks are dirty, uneducated, uncivillized bushmen . . . we've heard it from the time we were in the cradle and it wont stop until we get to the grave (not me anyway) . . . but do we put up threads whinning about it?

We simply get on with our lives, pls get on with urs instead of taking microscopes to every hint of racism.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by NegroNtns(m): 6:55pm On Jun 18, 2008
There's no way I'm responding to that woman on my email. No way! Im sure she is not gone, she will probably just change her handle and come back in disguised. grin
Re: What's With White This And White That? by amberella: 7:12pm On Jun 18, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

There's no way I'm responding to that woman on my email. No way! I'm sure she is not gone, she will probably just change her handle and come back in disguised. grin

Ok, no problem. I wish you all the best.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by skfa1: 7:48pm On Jun 18, 2008
Infact no way do not contact amber_ella on her Email, she was looking for trouble in the first place and here we go she found the trouble.

Amber , I`m just so sorry for you that you started the topic. Next time you will be wise.
Re: What's With White This And White That? by drrionelli(m): 5:37pm On Jul 22, 2008
Wow! All these postings in such a short amount of time. And a great deal of contentiousness, too!

OK, here's what we do--let's all figure out not why we think[i] the other person [/i] feels as s/he does, but rather, why we, ourselves, feel the way we do with respect to the other person.

Maybe, just maybe, this will shine some light on such a heated topic.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Ibo Dialect Is Used As The Main Igbo Language? / Who Is The Most Beautiful Among This Ethnic Groups? (pictures) / Teachers Day 2015 Starting Speech Anchoring Script In Hindi English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.