Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others (2525 Views)

Bindow Jibrilla Visits IBB & Abdulsalami Abubakar (Photos) / Halliburton Scandal: Buhari May Go After IBB, Abdulsalami, Jubril Aminu / Buhari With IBB, Sambo And El Rufai - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by Omooba77: 8:44am On Sep 04, 2013
The Senate President, David Mark, on Tuesday, led former members of Course Three of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) to Minna, the Niger State capital, where he held secret meetings with two former military heads of state, Generals Ibrahim Babangida and Abdulsalami Abubakar, at their Minna country homes and thereafter proceeded to the palace of Etsu Nupe.

The Senate President, who flew into Minna in a private chopper at about 11.45a.m., drove straight from the Minna airport to the uphill mansion of General Babangida, where he had about 30 minutes closed door meeting with the former military president. Journalists were, however, barred from covering the meeting.

Senator Mark, who was accompanied by the two Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senators from the state, Senator Zainab Kure and Senator Dahiru Awaisu Kuta, later drove to the palace of Etsu Nupe and chairman, Niger State Council of Chiefs, Dr Yahaya Abubakar, where the group also held a closed door meeting with the emir.

Some other prominent leaders of the PDP at the upper chamber of the National Assembly were also on the entourage of the Senate President.

The Senate President and his team of retired army officers are billed to meet with the state governor, Dr Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu, today after which he is expected to attend a gala night at Justice Legbo Kutigi International Conference centre in Minna.

A reliable source on the entourage of the Senate President said that Senator Mark will also meet with some retired generals from the north central states later in the night. But the agenda of the meeting was not known as at the time of filing this report on Tuesday
Culled from Nigerian Tribune
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by Emperor007: 8:50am On Sep 04, 2013
Hmmmmm

Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by Danhumprey: 8:52am On Sep 04, 2013
. undecided
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by Danhumprey: 8:53am On Sep 04, 2013
Are they trying to plot a coup? What with all these secret meetings sef? Do they have skeleton in their cupboard?
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by Omooba77: 8:54am On Sep 04, 2013
Danhumprey: Are they trying to plot a coup?
You can not trust the Northerners they want power at a ll cost and after all their years of ruling what has majority of Nigerians benEfit.................
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by suolboy(m): 8:56am On Sep 04, 2013
hmmmmm, if David Mark leaves GEJ camp, that is the end of GEJ.
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by kokoA(m): 9:02am On Sep 04, 2013
suolboy: hmmmmm, if David Mark leaves GEJ camp, that is the end of GEJ.
David mark has never been in GEJ's camp. He has been siting on the fence trying to figure out which side will favour him more.

1 Like

Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by suolboy(m): 9:10am On Sep 04, 2013
kokoA: David mark has never been in GEJ's camp. He has been siting on the fence trying to figure out which side will favour him more.
is like u have not being following the politics before now. Mark has being a great supporter of GEJ and also why the middle belt supported him in 2011 elections.
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by emmadiva(f): 9:17am On Sep 04, 2013
let all the yoruba igbos and southerners unite together and put these northeners to shame .....nothing the northener will do will them make rule ..even if gej doesnt win

1 Like

Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by Omooba77: 10:00am On Sep 04, 2013
emmadiva: let all the yoruba igbos and southerners unite together and put these northeners to shame .....nothing the northener will do will them make rule ..even if gej doesnt win
Na only God knows who will last 2013.................

1 Like

Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by biggy4joe(m): 10:17am On Sep 04, 2013
emmadiva: let all the yoruba igbos and southerners unite together and put these northeners to shame .....nothing the northener will do will them make rule ..even if gej doesnt win
And wat wil i gain by backing GEJ,wat has he done 4 d south dat we wil nw bk him?No jobs,nothing 2 even show 4 d few years he has ruled Nigeria...My brothers nd sister lets stop playing dis politics of d belle nd push for a more formidable person dat can move us forward nd lets keep dis North and South issue away..I want to see a Nigeria of my dream whether is an Ijaw man,Yoruba woman or a Nupe man at d helm of affairs,i just want to see progress

4 Likes

Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by hardywaltz(m): 10:25am On Sep 04, 2013
Where is dat fellow that keeps talking about end tyms things, this should be the best thread for that.
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by emmadiva(f): 10:36am On Sep 04, 2013
biggy4joe: And wat wil i gain by backing GEJ,wat has he done 4 d south dat we wil nw bk him?No jobs,nothing 2 even show 4 d few years he has ruled Nigeria...My brothers nd sister lets stop playing dis politics of d belle nd push for a more formidable person dat can move us forward nd lets keep dis North and South issue away..I want to see a Nigeria of my dream whether is an Ijaw man,Yoruba woman or a Nupe man at d helm of affairs,i just want to see progress
i didnt say we should vote for gej we shouldnt allow the northeners take over
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by biggy4joe(m): 10:57am On Sep 04, 2013
emmadiva: i didnt say we should vote for gej we shouldnt allow the northeners take over
Wat if we identify a very credible person 4rm d north,should we nw stop him or her frm d north because he or she is frm a certain part of the country?My sister,lets keep sentiment and tribalism aside nd push 4 d best persön dat wil change d present situation we find ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by dridowu: 11:34am On Sep 04, 2013
This post has been hidden
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 04, 2013
End time things
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by collynzo2(m): 11:54am On Sep 04, 2013
These people holding Nigeria back for years should just die! Where is my sniper?
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by omenka(m): 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
He can hold a closed door meeting with Dalai Lama and Buddah for all i care. One thing i know is when the dust clears, jona would hav such bloodied nose he'd need the best surgeons in Beverly Hills to fix him.
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by biggy4joe(m): 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
collynzo2: These people holding Nigeria back for years should just die! Where is my sniper?
We r nt going 2 shot anybody rather we wil chase them away 4 ever
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
Danhumprey: Are they trying to plot a coup? What with all these secret meetings sef? Do they have skeleton in their cupboard?

the way people think, hmmm. why would anyone go for a coup with all the stress involved as well as negative feedback, why not just impeach the guy? reps i know for sure will be on-board and you and i both know he has so many impeachable offense

suolboy: hmmmmm, if David Mark leaves GEJ camp, that is the end of GEJ.

exactly!! if GEJ is to be sent out it would be by the national assembly, but then namadi would be president, i am hausa but would rather have a GEJ any day but if the both of them can be sent out, i will be ok with mark as president. heck him and tambuwal are the only ones that act presidential in this govt
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2013

if only your GEJ had the balls you guys would have had your country by now, politics is all about tricks and interest, if the northerners are playing better not even your great grand fathers ancestors can stop them ruling leading again
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by Akanbiedu(m): 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2013
Whether they meet openly or secretly, contemplating a coup is totally out of it. Nigeria doesn't need military government anymore.

Danhumprey: Are they trying to plot a coup? What with all these secret meetings sef? Do they have skeleton in their cupboard?
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by chukel(m): 3:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
biggy4joe: Wat if we identify a very credible person 4rm d north,should we nw stop him or her frm d north because he or she is frm a certain part of the country?My sister,lets keep sentiment and tribalism aside nd push 4 d best persön dat wil change d present situation we find ourselves.
My broda, tnks a lot. U r one of d very few nairalanders who still av conscience nd reason wit dia head. Ur line of reasoning is all we need for dis country to move forward. Dnt mind d likes of sincerenigerian, tarhaqa, chukwudi, garri d 1st, payless,
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by idupaul: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
Abeg ooO.. Its not a secret meeting ooo... It an annual event of the Regular Course 3 of the NDA ..They hold it every september , last year it was held in Benue, the year before it was Edo and this year it is happening in Niger ..Mark happens to be a member of course 3 that's why he is there oooo .
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by kzokul(m): 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hehehehehehe! My brother your a tribalist and a hypocrite. So it is right for the northerners to be holding meeting to push out a sourtherner out of office, but when the sourtherners want to unite and stop this type of born-to-rule mentality of the north it becomes a tribal issue and competence thing. So, the north are the best and more competent to rule. Look, if only the sourtherners can shelve all their political indifferences and match the north in this secret meeting thing, nigeria will be a better place. I hope the south are learning this northern tactics and will do the needy when they realize that it is not about Gej's so-called incompetency but power shifting to their side. You have to condemn this northerners secret meetings before you condemn the call for all southerners to unite and stop this bullshit.
biggy4joe: And wat wil i gain by backing GEJ,wat has he done 4 d south dat we wil nw bk him?No jobs,nothing 2 even show 4 d few years he has ruled Nigeria...My brothers nd sister lets stop playing dis politics of d belle nd push for a more formidable person dat can move us forward nd lets keep dis North and South issue away..I want to see a Nigeria of my dream whether is an Ijaw man,Yoruba woman or a Nupe man at d helm of affairs,i just want to see progress
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by Dereformer(m): 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
Dear God,

Please let the disintegration of this country come fast. Amen.
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by Jorussia(m): 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2013
all this tension,would have nt come if political parties have internal democracy.people are spiting fire on amaechi,i wonder is there anything wrong to ave a higher ambition,let them all go to d field,conduct free and fair primaries,whoever wins go on.its dis automatic ticket that has given birth to dis crisis.People forget so soon dat GEJ became president out of compassion,if he had really campaigned massively he would have made lots of friend across d nation
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by omonnakoda: 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
Yorubas think deeply before acting.We don't act emotionally. GEJ has not acted in our interest so we have no reason to support him.What is painful is he has not even acted in the Ijaw interest and some of his supporters are too blind to see that.
The creeks have not been cleaned up,Oil flaring is still going on. Bayelsa remains backward.East-West Road is a death trap and Ogoniland remains a disaster Zone. So now we have to think of Nigeria beyond Jonathan. In fact the Yoruba agenda is simple : True federalism and let everyone manage their resources. In terms of leadership we need a President to tell us where he stands on
a National conference and what he will do
Resource control and what he will do
State police and what he will do
How he will devolve power away from the centre.

That way we will be even less concerned with what is happening in Abuja

Not all this I will build school,road and give you light yarn

1 Like

Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by kzokul(m): 7:12pm On Sep 04, 2013
Bro! I love this your post and I buy the idea of thinking past an individual to better nigeria. The question is: are the northerners thinking like that? The answer is no. They are thinking and scheming on how to rule nigeria because they feel its their birthright and they are not scared to say that. It will be vey important for the southerners to break that jinx with or without Gej before we even start talking of nigeria. Okay, are you saying we should look past Gej a southerner and put a northerner? For what reasons bro, I mean for what reasons. Are they special kind of people that can only rule nigeria? SmhB this northerners always succeeding in their divide and rule tactics. Look at how they are dividing the soth and are uniting consulting each other to take back power. Smh! We have to watch it before power goes back to the north for another 32 years without a sotherner getting there. This is 2013 and not the 60's,70's,80's or 90's. I thoght we have learnt in this country. Smh!u uu
omonnakoda:
Yorubas think deeply before acting.We don't act emotionally. GEJ has not acted in our interest so we have no reason to support him.What is painful is he has not even acted in the Ijaw interest and some of his supporters are too blind to see that.
The creeks have not been cleaned up,Oil flaring is still going on. Bayelsa remains backward.East-West Road is a death trap and Ogoniland remains a disaster Zone. So now we have to think of Nigeria beyond Jonathan. In fact the Yoruba agenda is simple : True federalism and let everyone manage their resources. In terms of leadership we need a President to tell us where he stands on
a National conference and what he will do
Resource control and what he will do
State police and what he will do
How he will devolve power away from the centre.

That way we will be even less concerned with what is happening in Abuja

Not all this I will build school,road and give you light yarn
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by omonnakoda: 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
kzokul: Bro! I love this your post and I buy the idea of thinking past an individual to better nigeria. The question is: are the northerners thinking like that? The answer is no. They are thinking and scheming on how to rule nigeria because they feel its their birthright and they are not scared to say that. It will be vey important for the southerners to break that jinx with or without Gej before we even start talking of nigeria. Okay, are you saying we should look past Gej a southerner and put a northerner? For what reasons bro, I mean for what reasons. Are they special kind of people that can only rule nigeria? SmhB this northerners always succeeding in their divide and rule tactics. Look at how they are dividing the soth and are uniting consulting each other to take back power. Smh! We have to watch it before power goes back to the north for another 32 years without a sotherner getting there. This is 2013 and not the 60's,70's,80's or 90's. I thoght we have learnt in this country. Smh!u uu
What southerner? There is no Southerner We in the West have better relationship with the North in terms of Trust and Respect. It is NOT perfect but better than anything we have with southerners. Our friends are Edo and Delta full top. GEJ has treated us with disdain so we know who our allies are. Northerners will treat the Yorubas with more respect than GEJ. After GEJ it does not have to be a Northerner if you have a better Ibo candidate put him forward.Sadly Ibos alway miscalculate in politics for short term gain. GEJ is not serving Ibo interest now and he will not hand over to an Ibo man.
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by kzokul(m): 7:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
What ever let's watch and see how everything will unfold. Don't come out in 10 years time crying how this one do this or that. For your information the yoruba leaders are more intelligent than you their footsoldiers. Don't be surprised if they pull the same stunt they did in 2011 to favour Gej. Don't be surprised bro!
Re: Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others by omonnakoda: 7:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
kzokul: What ever let's watch and see how everything will unfold. Don't come out in 10 years time crying how this one do this or that. For your information the yoruba leaders are more intelligent than you their footsoldiers. Don't be surprised if they pull the same stunt they did in 2011 to favour Gej. Don't be surprised bro! quote author=omonnakoda]
What southerner? There is no Southerner We in the West have better relationship with the North in terms of Trust and Respect. It is NOT perfect but better than anything we have with southerners. Our friends are Edo and Delta full top. GEJ has treated us with disdain so we know who our allies are. Northerners will treat the Yorubas with more respect than GEJ. After GEJ it does not have to be a Northerner if you have a better Ibo candidate put him forward.Sadly Ibos alway miscalculate in politics for short term gain. GEJ is not serving Ibo interest now and he will not hand over to an Ibo man.
You are obvioulsy young and you reveal this by a basic lack of respect for your fellow man which I believe comes from a lack of self respect . I say things the way I see it you are entitled to a different view

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? / INEC Declares Anambra Gubernatorial Poll "Inconclusive" , To Hold Supplementary / IMPEACHMENT NOTICE : Al-makura Begs Jonathan To Intervene.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.