Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,164 members, 7,835,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader (10008 Views)

Beneficial Words From Ibn Qayyim / Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam / Why We (Shia Muslims) Dislike Umar Ibn Alkhattab And He Is No Golden Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by Pennywise(m): 7:11am On Sep 05, 2013
A nice write-up about an islamic icon makes the front page in record time. Then a lucid, well written, educative even though contrary view point is made in response by an alternative sect believer. The result is that the response gets pulled almost immediately.

What a shame. My question: is NL only for sunni moslems? Dont shiites have a right to their own opinion without being suppressed. This is the exact same spirit of intolerance that religion has come to be associated.

Obviously there is a sunni moderator on NL who needs to be canned.
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by pmc01(m): 7:15am On Sep 05, 2013
apacheguy: The shia will alwayz cook up falacy & blasphemy against all the sahabas of the prophet except Ali's household, so one shouldnt b surprised wt such a write-up against d personalty of this khalif, whom d prophet said if there would be anoda prophet afta him, it will b Umar bn Khattab...

May Allaah bless you for the rejoinder.

1 Like

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by eluquenson(m): 7:29am On Sep 05, 2013
247notire: This made fp seun? Nawa o.

why are you worried, may be u should hug trans***mer grin

1 Like

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by pmc01(m): 7:30am On Sep 05, 2013
Pennywise: A nice write-up about an islamic icon makes the front page in record time. Then a lucid, well written, educative even though contrary view point is made in response by an alternative sect believer. The result is that the response gets pulled almost immediately.

What a shame. My question: is NL only for sunni moslems? Dont shiites have a right to their own opinion without being suppressed. This is the exact same spirit of intolerance that religion has come to be associated.

Hadith 34: Whoever Sees An Evil
On the authority of Abu Saeed al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah say, “Whoever of you sees an evil must then change it with his hand. If he is not able to do so, then [he must change it ] with his tongue. And if he is not able to do so, then [he must change it] with his heart. And that is the slightest [effect of] faith.” (Recorded in Muslim)

Pennywise:

This is the commentary on the hadith above:
"In this hadith, the Prophet, peace be upon him, has made it clear that removing, or wanting to remove evil is an essential characteristic of the Muslim faith. He specifically mentions the case of when a person sees the evil that is being committed. If there is an open and clear evil that Muslims are witnessing, then it is obligatory upon them to change it if they have the ability to do so. However many of the scholars cite other evidence that supports the notion that even if a person doesn’t see the evil, but knows it to be occurring, they should strive to remove it."
So, we know who should be caned, definitely not the MOD in question wink

2 Likes

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by eluquenson(m): 7:32am On Sep 05, 2013
Donmichaelz: U mean CHRISTIANITY right cos apart from it all other religion are bath of Destruction.Islam ,Budha,Hindu,krishna,

Bros...relax this thread is not for discussion of who's religion is right or wrong, don't cos nuisance here.

3 Likes

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by ehvez(m): 7:42am On Sep 05, 2013
Ranks007: Sometimes you hear good, sometimes ugly stories,be it repressed or revealed, debunked or exposed, ridiculed or exaggerated countless times – depending on different point of views of islamic scholars, whether they are “apologists” or “critics”. What on earth is the essence of Islam.
Please be mindfull of your speech
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by pmc01(m): 7:55am On Sep 05, 2013
Pennywise:

To ascertain whether the post that was removed deserved such action or not, we have to establish the anti-Islam nature of it. In that post, the author attempted to rubbish the personality of Umar ibn Al-Khattab (May Allaah be pleased with him), the second Caliph after Prophet Muhammad bn Abdllaah (Peace be upon him). We then ask- Is this in tandem with Islamic principles and ethics? The answer can be derived from these quotes below:

`Umar al-Faruq was second only to Abu Bakr al-Siddiq in closeness to and approval from the Prophet. The latter said: "I have two ministers from the inhabitants of the heaven and two ministers from the inhabitants of the earth. The former are Jibril and Mika’il, and the latter are Abu Bakr and `Umar." He said of the latter: "These two are [my] hearing and eyesight" and instructed the Companions: "Follow those that come after me: Abu Bakr and `Umar."

Umar was given the gift of true inspiration which is the characteristic of Allah’s Friends named kashf or "unveiling." The Prophet said: "In the nations long before you were people who were spoken to [by the angels] although they were not prophets. If there is anyone of them in my Community, truly it is `Umar ibn al-Khattab."

"`Umar also had the unique distinction of having his views confirmed by the revelation in the Holy Qur’an: He said three things which were confirmed by subsequent revelations:

I concurred with my Lord in three matters: I said to the Prophet: "O Messenger of Allah! Why do we not pray behind Ibrahim’s Station?" Whereupon was revealed the verse: ". . . Take as your place of worship the place where Ibrahim stood (to pray). . ." (2:125); I said: "O Messenger of Allah! You should order your wives to cover because both the chaste and the wicked go in to see them," whereupon was revealed the verse: "... And when you ask of them (the wives of the Prophet) anything, ask it of them from behind a curtain. . ." (33:53) Then the Prophet’s wives banded together in their jealousy over him, so I said to them: "It may happen that his Lord, if he divorce you, will give him instead wives better than you, [submissive (to Allah), believing, pious, penitent, inclined to fasting, widows and maids]." (67:5) Whereupon was revealed that verse."

"He was unique in his power of separating truth from falsehood and the Prophet conferred on him the title of al-Fârûq, saying: "In truth, the devil certainly parts ways with (layafruqu min) `Umar."

So Mr. Pennywise, Should we throw aside the words of Allaah (SWT) and His Noble Messenger (Peace Be Upon Him) and rather retain the words of a Shi'a faithful who even claims Ali bn Abi Talib (May Allaah be pleased with him) should have been the rightful Rosul (Messenger)? We seek refuge in Allaah from such great and disastrous evil.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by Pain(m): 8:02am On Sep 05, 2013
WTF! How did I end up here...Ports Out!
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by pmc01(m): 8:09am On Sep 05, 2013
Thanks MOD for the appropriate fine-tuning.
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by zeennurei(m): 8:44am On Sep 05, 2013
One night Muhammad ibn al Munkadir was crying so violently that his family got extremely worried and called the great scholar Abu Hazim to calm him down.
Abu Hazim RA asked him 'my brother what has made you cry so much, and you have made your family worry about you?'

Muhammad RA replied 'I read an ayah in the book of Allah and it brought me to these tears' he was then asked what the ayah was. Muhammad responded, 'it is the statement in which Allah SWT says "And there will appear to them from Allah, that which they had not taken in to account.''

Upon hearing this ayah, Abu Hazim became so emotional that even he started crying.

Wallahi when i JUST read this my eye began to swell as well despite my dark heart. Because the frightening thought of standing before Allah swt on the day of judgment thinking I have done da'wah, and prayed and read Qur'an that there will be no major sins on my scale on the day of judgment, .....and then suddenly sins appear that I had not even taken in to account.

What if I sinned but shaytaan made me forget to make taubah...? or what if i committed a sin for which my taubah was not accepted?

What if i hurt someones' feelings and didn't know but they held it against me?

What if i taught someone an evil thing & they went ahead and taught it to many others! Allahu akbar!

I ask al-Afuw (the one who erases sins) to not just cover my sins but erase them and wipe the slate clean.

Wallahi I think good of Allah, but i am scared and so should you on the basis of a dream that the uncle of the Prophet (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) had;

Abbas RA states 'I had not seen a person better than Umar, he spent his nights praying, his days fasting and fulfilling the needs of people.

When he died I asked Allah to show him to me in a dream. Allah showed him to me, I saw him walking through Madinah. I asked him "what did you find after death?" and Umar replied "i have just finished being questioned, my throne (position as a ruler) almost caused me to fall, except that I found a Merciful Lord"

Even the son of Umar RA, Abdullah ibn Umar saw his father in a dream and asked him how long his questioning had lasted in the grave, and Umar RA responded 'it has just finished and when he woke he realized it had been 12 years since the death of 'Umar!

Bear in mind this is Umar RA we are talking about, the man that the Prophet (saw) said would be a Prophet, if there was to be a Prophet after him, the man that the shaytaan was scared of and would run across the street if he saw him, the man that opened up more territory for the Muslims under his rule than any other! And he was not spared from questioning... 12 yearrrrrrs in the grave!

Make taubah now, in the 3rd part of the night, ask Allah to forgive you for your sins and to not hold you accountable for that which you have not taken in to account for He is the best of those who are merciful Sent from my BlackBerry® Smartphone, from Etisalat. Enjoy high speed internet service with Etisalat easy net, available at all our experience centres

4 Likes

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 05, 2013
Bla Bla Bla swt
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by spenca: 9:15am On Sep 05, 2013
Caliph Umar the greatest of the four caliphs

1 Like

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by eleluabdulsalam(m): 9:47am On Sep 05, 2013
Rafidi :
[b]just for info and to set the records straight,Umar Ibn al-Khattab-the second sunni caliph-is a controversial figure.he is very much disliked by Shia Muslims and even hated and cursed.he is seen as the primary figure who spearheaded the coup at saqifa banu saeda to usurp the caliphate from Imam Ali (as).he is also disliked because of the pain he caused Prophet Muhammad (sa) in the Event of Pen and Paper while the Prophet (sa) was on his deathbed,in which he insulted and disobeyed the Prophet (sa).he alongside abu bakr also refused the Prophet's (sa) order that they join the army of Usama Ibn Zaid (ra).worse,Shia remember him as the head of the gang that assaulted the house of Lady Fatima (as),daughter of Prophet Muhammad (sa),in a bid to force her husband,Imam Ali (as),and those taking asylum in her house pay allegiance to abu bakr.

next time,people should be mindful of those they praise so others too don't feel offended.i wouldn't have found the need to restate these facts or contend on the personality of Umar-by and large a controversial figure-if someone had not opened a thread to praise him in total disregard of differing views.[/b]
if u are a muslim den u hve disobey propt muhammed command(DO NOT INSULT MY UMMAH)and u hve question dem by dt,plz do nt say bad tin abt dem....ALLAH is all knowin

1 Like

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by Rafidi: 10:04am On Sep 05, 2013
eleluabdulsalam: if u are a muslim den u hve disobey propt muhammed command(DO NOT INSULT MY UMMAH)and u hve question dem by dt,plz do nt say bad tin abt dem....ALLAH is all knowin

"And if it was not for the favor of Allah upon you, [O Muhammad], and His mercy, a group of them would have determined to mislead you. But they do not mislead except themselves, and they will not harm you at all. And Allah has revealed to you the Book and wisdom and has taught you that which you did not know. And ever has the favor of Allah upon you been great".(Noble Quran 4:113)
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by personal59: 10:09am On Sep 05, 2013
eleluabdulsalam: if u are a muslim den u hve disobey propt muhammed command(DO NOT INSULT MY UMMAH)and u hve question dem by dt,plz do nt say bad tin abt dem....ALLAH is all knowin
pmc01: Esthikar Khan:

A Committed Father, and Obedient Children
One night Umar bn AlKhattab called all his children
and addressed them thus: “I know you do not know
why I have called upon you this night. Some of you
may be thinking: our father is now Ameerul
Mumineen and we are his children. So, when any of
you goes about his business, he would expect
people to give him priority. I want you to know that
your father used to tend to his father’s camels,
and that his father used to ill-treat him and beat
him up. Your father used to collect firewood for his
aunts and they would give him a handful of dates.
Our clan, Adiy, were not of any distinction in
Quraysh. They were well below other clans such as
Abd Manaf, Makhzoom, and Jumah. God Has
elevated us by Islam and by submission to Him
alone. People will now look at you just as bird
looks at meat. If you come to grab it, they will grab
with you, and if you refrain, they refrain. If I issue
an order prohibiting something on people, then you
must be the first to refrain from it. By God, if any
one of you is brought to me, having done what I
have ordered people to refrain, I will double his
punishment because of his relation to me. Until one
of you will say: how I wish our father has not
assumed the leadership of the Muslim state, so
that we would be like any other person. Do you
understand what I have said?” They all answered,
“Yes.”
pmc01: Esthikar Khan:

A Committed Father, and Obedient Children
One night Umar bn AlKhattab called all his children
and addressed them thus: “I know you do not know
why I have called upon you this night. Some of you
may be thinking: our father is now Ameerul
Mumineen and we are his children. So, when any of
you goes about his business, he would expect
people to give him priority. I want you to know that
your father used to tend to his father’s camels,
and that his father used to ill-treat him and beat
him up. Your father used to collect firewood for his
aunts and they would give him a handful of dates.
Our clan, Adiy, were not of any distinction in
Quraysh. They were well below other clans such as
Abd Manaf, Makhzoom, and Jumah. God Has
elevated us by Islam and by submission to Him
alone. People will now look at you just as bird
looks at meat. If you come to grab it, they will grab
with you, and if you refrain, they refrain. If I issue
an order prohibiting something on people, then you
must be the first to refrain from it. By God, if any
one of you is brought to me, having done what I
have ordered people to refrain, I will double his
punishment because of his relation to me. Until one
of you will say: how I wish our father has not
assumed the leadership of the Muslim state, so
that we would be like any other person. Do you
understand what I have said?” They all answered,
“Yes.”

Pls what is the source of this info I mean both of u who talk positive nd negative
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by maclatunji: 10:20am On Sep 05, 2013
Pennywise: A nice write-up about an islamic icon makes the front page in record time. Then a lucid, well written, educative even though contrary view point is made in response by an alternative sect believer. The result is that the response gets pulled almost immediately.

The real shame is when people seek to derail threads. That won't be tolerated by me no matter who is involved.

Thank you.
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by Godwork: 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
@ rafidi, fear God and be honest, search and pray for beneficial knowledge & nt of this type. UMAR (RA) ws d only sahaba that even shaytan is afraid of him bcoz of his devotion to islam and d prophet (s.a.w), d sahaba who gives his daughter (Hafsat) in hands for marriage to d Prophet. Yet u tlk of him dis way...... SUBHANALLAH

1 Like

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by Pennywise(m): 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
maclatunji:

The real shame is when people seek to derail threads. That won't be tolerated by me no matter who is involved.

Thank you.

As far as I can see, the subject of this thread has not changed. My quarrel is with a pattern of behaviour among certain NL moderators who try to suppress alternative views when confronted with logic or in this case with cold scriptural facts.

Its a familiar behaviour over which I have expressed reservations in the past. I like to think that is not what is at play here.
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by khattab02: 1:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
Nice topic there op. If only the leaders of today would learn from the leadership of Umar ibn Khattab(R.a) the world would have been a better place.Morethan a leader ibn Khattab(ra)! Woe! unto those who speaks ill of our Nabi kareeem sallallahu alaihi salam and his companions. Subhanallah!!!

2 Likes

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by kunleee(m): 2:34pm On Sep 05, 2013
what is or who are shia's. Ve nt heard tht word in islam b4. Pls enlighten a broda.

Howevr,i intend namin my 1st son umar or bilal

And again,what is a shite's and a sunni.
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by Rafidi: 3:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
God@work:
@ rafidi, fear God and be honest, search and pray for beneficial knowledge & nt of this type. UMAR (RA) ws d only sahaba that even shaytan is afraid of him bcoz of his devotion to islam and d prophet (s.a.w), d sahaba who gives his daughter (Hafsat) in hands for marriage to d Prophet. Yet u tlk of him dis way...... SUBHANALLAH

you need to fear Allah.

and there goes the problem.people were not scared of discussing whether the Prophet (s) himself could have committed sins/mistakes or been tempted by shaytan,but were made to think that shaytan was afraid of umar but not of the Prophet (s).the hadith you are referring to says that satan was in the presence of the Prophet (s) and fled away only when umar appeared.such narrations lower the status of the Prophet (s) and uplift that of umar.who is your prophet? Umar or Prophet Muhammad (s)? another sick narration relate that umar used to urge the Prophet (s) to veil his women and daughters before hijab was made compulsory in islam.such empty jokes that insults the status of the Prophet (sa) only those who have gifted their minds away believe them.
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by Rafidi: 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2013
Pennywise:

As far as I can see, the subject of this thread has not changed. My quarrel is with a pattern of behaviour among certain NL moderators who try to suppress alternative views when confronted with logic or in this case with cold scriptural facts.

Its a familiar behaviour over which I have expressed reservations in the past. I like to think that is not what is at play here.

you've not really seen anything.count how posts have been hidden in this thread.no one can say those posts are aimed at derailing the thread because they have to do with umar.posts can only derail a thread if they are off-topic.but they are not.i wonder who is kidding who.they are hiding things that anyone can google on the net and find out the truth about umar.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ramadan 2019: NSCIA Releases 30 Contact Details For Moon-sighting Notice – FULL / How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. / Tu Baba And True Baba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.