Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,729 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase (21163 Views)

Nafdac Arrest Man With Fake Drugs Worth N40million In Asaba / Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. / NAFDAC Intercepts And Seizes 4*40ft & 1*20ft Containers Of Fake Drugs At Apapa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by realugee: 11:20am On Sep 04, 2013
Like they say, he who laughs last (if is not a “stammerer” or a “fool”) laughs best. NAFDAC (National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control ) has been enjoying the last laugh since the introduction of the Mobile Authentication Service (MAS) in Nigeria. The Mobile Authentication Service will enable you check whether a drug is fake or original with your mobile phone even before purchase.

How Does the Mobile Authentication Service Work?

When next you go to purchase a drug check or ask if it is MAS (Mobile Authentication Service) Enabled. If it is follow these steps below;

Check for a unique panel (like that of a recharge card). Every Mobile Authentication Service Enabled drug comes with a unique 10-digit pin.
Scratch of the panel, and text the unique 10-digit pin to 38353. After a few seconds, you will get a reply telling you whether the drug is fake or original.

If the drug if fake, don’t ask me what you should do. cheesy I know Lonart (Popular Anti-Malaria Drug) and Apiclox can be confirmed in this way. Do you know other drugs that work with NAFDAC’s Mobile Authentication Service, please let us know.

(Source: http://www..net/nafdac-mobile-authentication-service-7004/)

2 Likes

Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
Thanks a lot. I had no idea of this.
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by uist: 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
Good to know... very educative cheesy
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by chukzie2002: 3:53pm On Sep 04, 2013
good information. plenty thanks
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by volalek: 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
Saw d advert on tv ystdy.we are coming up gradually but wat abt d illiterates and those without phones?

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by happy1: 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
yes i av tried it before wth malaria drug n it works.
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by REZOLUTE: 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
Tramadol n Codine Peels...

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by UjSizzle(f): 3:56pm On Sep 04, 2013
Cool, is it toll free?
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by taiocol: 3:57pm On Sep 04, 2013
its real but nt all drugs hav it. But na old story be this
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 04, 2013
Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω is that possible!?! Mehn! Na really end time thinqs oooo!

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by stepsy: 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
How i wish yahoo wil not devise other means of rendering useles. Its a good step.
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by alaladakosta(f): 3:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
ok
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by tellwisdom: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
Drugs??...u mean heroine??
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by taiocol: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
uj_sizzle: Cool, is it toll free?
yea its free
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by legendprac(m): 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
Good
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by koolet: 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
Am seeing tinz

is the message for free??, all na means of looting Money, checking the expiry date no kill us all dis while later we'll have thesame on fruitjuice..
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by priscaoge(f): 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
I have hard about it before and have kept 2 τ̲̅ђe rules. †нªηкs tho 4 reminding mi and 4 notifying those dt don't.

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by BedLam: 4:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
Why can't NAFDAC make it compulsory for every drug manufacturer or importer? At least with that we will know which is fake even without sending any code.

Shit still happening!
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by dollarlander: 4:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
real_ugee: Like they say, he who laughs last (if is not a “stammerer” or a “fool”) laughs best. NAFDAC (National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control ) has been enjoying the last laugh since the introduction of the Mobile Authentication Service (MAS) in Nigeria. The Mobile Authentication Service will enable you check whether a drug is fake or original with your mobile phone even before purchase.

How Does the Mobile Authentication Service Work?

When next you go to purchase a drug check or ask if it is MAS (Mobile Authentication Service) Enabled. If it is follow these steps below;

Check for a unique panel (like that of a recharge card). Every Mobile Authentication Service Enabled drug comes with a unique 10-digit pin.
Scratch of the panel, and text the unique 10-digit pin to 38353. After a few seconds, you will get a reply telling you whether the drug is fake or original.

If the drug if fake, don’t ask me what you should do. cheesy I know Lonart (Popular Anti-Malaria Drug) and Apiclox can be confirmed in this way. Do you know other drugs that work with NAFDAC’s Mobile Authentication Service, please let us know.

(Source: http://www..net/nafdac-mobile-authentication-service-7004/)

But the publicity of this idea by NAFDAC is very low. They need to use every available means to tell the entire Nigeria, at least, through Bulk SMS bi-monthly. They can fund this by deducting 1kobo from every user and use the money to promote the publicity alert nation wide.

I have used it before to authenticate LONART and it works.
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
I knew this already
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by teddyflexz: 4:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
Nice info...
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2013
yea its a good initiative but the seal cant be found on over the counter drugs like paracetamol etc
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by tommykiwi(m): 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2013
babyhrt: 7th to coment...dancing skelewu
EWU!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Okijajuju1(m): 4:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
All I know is that the only way to know fake Egbo is to smoke it.. If you dont get high after 4 puffs.. Then its fake.
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Merkki(f): 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
BedLam: Why can't NAFDAC make it compulsory for every drug manufacturer or importer? At least with that we will know which is fake even without sending any code.

What kind of question is this? Of course, there are laws but people still find their ways around the laws. Just like you keep breaking traffic laws. Sending the codes for verification is a good idea. If a drug has no code, don't buy it!
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
I've known this since last year...
How is it news?undecided

Btw, its not just drugs, I see the codes on my cosmetics as well

WildChild00: Well good news on the part of National agency for food and drug, this is Nigeria were everyone wants to survive in one way or the other, do you know that those fake drug producers, are thinking of other means to beat the system, for example "Ampiciox Beecham" 500mg, the producers placed a scratch seel on it, for all buyers to scratch and text via telephone to a short code, likewise fake producers as well too, they hv their own short code too placed on their own fake Ampiciox Beecham, it takes the grace of God to differiciate the original from fake, you will be sent a message too on the fake, likewise the original tooooooooo. The question is how do u know the fake frm the origianal, if they both send confirmation alert messages.

That's why you need to be current with stuffs.

The general code for texting is 38353. If you go and text to another short code, you are O.Y.O!
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by danot1030: 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
tnx 4 d information, dis is one of d benefit of been on NL. d govt shuld mandate all d drugs coming into d country or d ones produce within 2 cary MAS then d ppl shuld be well sensitise about it.
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by WildChild00(m): 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2013
Well good news on the part of National agency for food and drug, this is Nigeria were everyone wants to survive in one way or the other, do you know that those fake drug producers, are thinking of other means to beat the system, for example "Ampiciox Beecham" 500mg, the producers placed a scratch seel on it, for all buyers to scratch and text via telephone to a short code, likewise fake producers as well too, they hv their own short code too placed on their own fake Ampiciox Beecham, it takes the grace of God to differiciate the original from fake, you will be sent a message too on the fake, likewise the original tooooooooo. The question is how do u know the fake frm the origianal, if they both send confirmation alert messages.
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by koolet: 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2013
Okija_juju: All I know is that the only way to know fake Egbo is to smoke it.. If you dont get high after 4 puffs.. Then its fake.
after that then What?? Ull return it??

The one u just finish smoking is original.. Cz We're talking about fake drugs nt fake W**d
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Iceman296: 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2013
Quite Innovative. Big Up's NAFDAC

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health / Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient / NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.