Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase (21155 Views)

Nafdac Arrest Man With Fake Drugs Worth N40million In Asaba / Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. / NAFDAC Intercepts And Seizes 4*40ft & 1*20ft Containers Of Fake Drugs At Apapa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 04, 2013
real_ugee: Like they say, he who laughs last (if is not a “stammerer” or a “fool”)
BUT DEFINATELY A SLOW THINKER (or has d least IQ)
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Iceman296: 4:15pm On Sep 04, 2013
Okija_juju: All I know is that the only way to know fake Egbo is to smoke it.. If you dont get high after 4 puffs.. Then its fake.
..then the Fake Drugs will Now Cause another ailment. This Is Better!
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 04, 2013
WildChild00: Well good news on the part of National agency for food and drug, this is Nigeria were everyone wants to survive in one way or the other, do you know that those fake drug producers, are thinking of other means to beat the system, for example "Ampiciox Beecham" 500mg, the producers placed a scratch seel on it, for all buyers to scratch and text via telephone to a short code, likewise fake producers as well too, they hv their own short code too placed on their own fake Ampiciox Beecham, it takes the grace of God to differiciate the original from fake, you will be sent a message too on the fake, likewise the original tooooooooo. The question is how do u know the fake frm the origianal, if they both send confirmation alert messages.

That's why you need to be current with stuffs.

The general code for texting is 38353. If you go and text to another short code, you are O.Y.O!
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by taiocol: 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2013
WildChild00: Well good news on the part of National agency for food and drug, this is Nigeria were everyone wants to survive in one way or the other, do you know that those fake drug producers, are thinking of other means to beat the system, for example "Ampiciox Beecham" 500mg, the producers placed a scratch seel on it, for all buyers to scratch and text via telephone to a short code, likewise fake producers as well too, they hv their own short code too placed on their own fake Ampiciox Beecham, it takes the grace of God to differiciate the original from fake, you will be sent a message too on the fake, likewise the original tooooooooo. The question is how do u know the fake frm the origianal, if they both send confirmation alert messages.
u will be replied, if its original u recieve msg lyk ok original nd d name of the drug if its fake u recieve alert telling u 2 resend it, after resending u get msg lyk fake. Dont buy cheesy grin
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Keffebabe(f): 4:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
Very interesting topic.........i only check expiring date
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by chifreke(f): 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
i know...what d OP said is true and real...have seen on lots of drug..and sent..i recieved the messaged...Nafdac is working!..i lov dis
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Raypawer(m): 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2013

guy i know the system can be hijacked, but it will be very dificult... But 4 now its secured
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by ibromish(m): 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
Well the service will work as long as it is done in the day, my experience wanting to confirm the authenticity of a drug @ night, the confirmation did not arrive till the next day in the morning.
moreso, only few/expensive drugs have the scratch seal on them, the cheaper ones have not!
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by WildChild00(m): 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
taiocol: u will be replied, if its original u recieve msg lyk ok original nd d name of the drug if its fake u recieve alert telling u 2 resend it, after resending u get msg lyk fake. Dont buy cheesy grin

Actually, they dont reply immediately, wen I bought, Ampiclox Beecham, it took dem 2 working days to reply me, so are you telling me dat I should have waited for 2 days before making use of the drug?
1. Scratch off the panel below to see the PIN number.
2. Text Pin for fee to 38353 to check if genuine.
pin is 114769596470
3. You should get an sms reply shortly

except more awareness is done, most people will still not know, becos u will not get responses immediately, those fake producers on the other hand, are watching, and might even send alert immediately.
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by WildChild00(m): 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
Raypawer:

guy i know the system can be hijacked, but it will be very dificult... But 4 now its secured

Thats true.
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by corrall(f): 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2013
na today?

someone asked about paracetamol, where do u scratch biko.

what about the syrups, where do u scratch?

what if u scratch n then realise that u did not want that in the first place? what do u do?

do foreign medicines have this pin numbers?
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Melancholy(m): 4:48pm On Sep 04, 2013
This has been ongoing since last year nau! So if u don't know u are on a longthing
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by CoolO: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
Example of drug with it are artemether lumefantrine.amalar, maloxine,dolo-meta B,zinnat,all GSK product,but almight madam €mz,oga noma,oga tuy(i hope u know what i mean) no get SME
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by GloJH(f): 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
It works and its toll free.
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by samuelfemo(m): 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
Thanks
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by ifebosco: 5:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
welcome to nigeria were everything happen
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Boyoorisha: 5:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
It is not on every drug! it is only common with malaria drugs
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by smartg(m): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2013
happy1: yes i av tried it before wth malaria drug n it works.
tell us name of the malaria drug!.
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Greatlydia(f): 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
dolo meta B
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Ryda(m): 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
real_ugee: Like they say, he who laughs last (if is not a “stammerer” or a “fool”) laughs best. NAFDAC (National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control ) has been enjoying the last laugh since the introduction of the Mobile Authentication Service (MAS) in Nigeria. The Mobile Authentication Service will enable you check whether a drug is fake or original with your mobile phone even before purchase.

How Does the Mobile Authentication Service Work?

When next you go to purchase a drug check or ask if it is MAS (Mobile Authentication Service) Enabled. If it is follow these steps below;

Check for a unique panel (like that of a recharge card). Every Mobile Authentication Service Enabled drug comes with a unique 10-digit pin.
Scratch of the panel, and text the unique 10-digit pin to 38353. After a few seconds, you will get a reply telling you whether the drug is fake or original.

If the drug if fake, don’t ask me what you should do. cheesy I know Lonart (Popular Anti-Malaria Drug) and Apiclox can be confirmed in this way. Do you know other drugs that work with NAFDAC’s Mobile Authentication Service, please let us know.

(Source: http://www..net/nafdac-mobile-authentication-service-7004/)

Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 04, 2013
Mellin: Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω is that possible!?! Mehn! Na really end time thinqs oooo!
wow you're so dumb!!!! stay in school

2 Likes

Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by albiol: 7:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
Thanks @op this bold move will save many lives
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by nellyalph: 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
OK
Original Glucophage 500mg
NRN:04-6233
Diabetes slows wound healing. Tell doctor of injuries
Problem? Call 08039012929
NAFDAC & BIOFEM Care
Sproxil SMS
Dats was the msg I recvd 4 buying glucophage ooo. Tot twas free recharge card buh the msg is free sha
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Songitto(m): 7:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
Iceman296: Quite Innovative. Big Up's NAFDAC

Since when,well thankz for informing novice
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by dawodukayode(m): 8:22pm On Sep 04, 2013
yes very informating but what abt people in the rural area who are illterate and have no access to phone. what is thate fate
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Usen9c(m): 8:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
Iceman296: Quite Innovative. Big Up's NAFDAC

it a lie, is only sm drug dat av the pin
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by bbankky: 9:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
Really this is interesting,I never knew about drugs but I knw of a body cream with the identification number.
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Akukaria: 9:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
Beecham Ampiclox do come wif a verification pin tooo
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by ejiyke2007(m): 11:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
hi
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Gboliwe: 6:02am On Sep 05, 2013
Artesunate works with MAS
Re: How To Detect Fake Drugs Before Purchase by Gboliwe: 6:03am On Sep 05, 2013
dawodu.kayode:
yes very informating but what abt people in the rural area who are illterate and have no access to phone. what is thate fate

Which village?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient / Best Cure For Bumps/keloid, After Shave Rash & Other Skin Bacteria Infections. / How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.