Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,080 members, 7,828,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused (2773 Views)

Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? / Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by MostHigh: 10:47am On Sep 05, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

9/11 not to far...... Dont make escape route for yourself like you did to last week thursday, sunday and this week...

Oh ye prophet of doom

O ye Bum Bum shaking scoffer grin grin
Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 05, 2013
MostHigh:

I DONE DIEEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Famouse last words of a scoffer grin
he shall scoff till the nukes land on his head. thats a dead spirit in that man FOLYKAZE. completely dead. only hope for restoration of that spirit is nukes to burn out the non-fleshly parts off grin grin
Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by truthislight: 10:51am On Sep 05, 2013
Am done pointing out that the "spirit of christ" is not the one gathering the nations for war.

Now, the war of amagedon is a different war from the war of "gog of magog".

1. The war of amagedon is a war for the destruction of the wicked in this current system, it is for humans alone. Rev. 16:16 :

"For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty." (Revelation 16:14).
"And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon." (Revelation 16:16).

2. The war of "gog and magog" comes later, after amagedon, after the 1000yrs of christ rule, it involves the destruction of satan and his Demons including humans that are still stiff-neck after the Resurrection : Rev. 20:7,8.

"And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea." (Revelation 20:7-cool.

That ^ comes after the 1000yrs of christ rule.

I dont know who told you that the 1000yrs is in the past.

I wander if the book of Revelation is in the past or futuristic:

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:" (Revelation 1:1).

That ^ was given to John the apostle of Christ at about 90ce.(this our common era).

1 Like

Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by truthislight: 11:11am On Sep 05, 2013
obadiah777: joel 3 9 Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O Lord.Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision.The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining <<<< LORD INSTRUCTING THEM TO GATHER

that the heathen gathered for war and the lord said gather yourself and come does not say the spirit of the lord is gathering them.

Rev. 16:14 clearly said it is the spirit of Demons, did you not read it ?
Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by MostHigh: 11:15am On Sep 05, 2013
truthislight:

that the heathen gathered for war and the lord said gather yourself and come does not say the spirit of the lord is gathering them.

Who created the demons?

All power is for the most hight God.
Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by truthislight: 11:19am On Sep 05, 2013
MostHigh:

Who created the demons?

All power is for the most hight God.

I am simply saying that we retrict ourselves to what is xpressly writen.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 05, 2013
truthislight: Am done pointing out that the "spirit of christ" is not the one gathering the nations for war.

Now, the war of amagedon is a different war from the war of "gog of magog".

1. The war of amagedon is a war for the destruction of the wicked in this current system, it is for humans alone. Rev. 16:16 :

"For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty." (Revelation 16:14).
"And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon." (Revelation 16:16).

2. The war of "gog and magog" comes later, after amagedon, after the 1000yrs of christ rule, it involves the destruction of satan and his Demons including humans that are still stiff-neck after the Resurrection : Rev. 20:7,8.

"And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea." (Revelation 20:7-cool.

That ^ comes after the 1000yrs of christ rule.

I dont know who told you that the 1000yrs is in the past.

I wander if the book of Revelation is in the past or futuristic:

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:" (Revelation 1:1).

That ^ was given to John the apostle of Christ at about 90ce.(this our common era).
i couldnt get past the first line. bruh ? not trying to boast but ermmm when it comes to the bible, the lord has blessed me with the knowledge of it. the book of revelation runs parralel to the book of ezekiel. the war is called gog and magog in ezekiel chpt 38 and 39 but called armageddon in rev 16 but also called gog and magog in rev 20th chapter. so just based of your first sentence i get the feeling i would encounter many errors in your question that would require me to write many verses to correct you etc etc and i still feel weak cuz i aint had breakfast. so i am going to ignore it ( your post ) for now grin grin
Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 05, 2013
truthislight:

you are not understanding revelation 16 vs 14. revelation 16 vs 14 is a summary of the activity of the beast from when it was released from the bottomless pit. this is a summary of 700 years or so condensed into one verse. the actions of the beast will cause nations to gather against it for battle but the actual gathering itself is done by the lord. big difference. its judgement day. the day of the lord. he is not waiting on the other nations to feel brave enough to take on the beast. he knows what day he has established for judgement and on that day he will gather the already provoked nations

joel 3 9 Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O Lord.Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision.The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining
Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 05, 2013
truthislight:

here is an article that may enlighten as to the gog and magog being armageddon. very lengthy. havent read it myself but if it is too long scroll to the bottom for his conclusion http://www.herealittletherealittle.net/index.cfm?page_name=Gog
Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
you know that verse in the bible, in the mouth of two or more is a matter established ? thats used to write the bible. every name or place in the bible has an alternative name for it in the bible but they are the same.

1- israel is jacob
2-egypt is mizraim
3-esau is edom
4-the valley of jehoshaphat is the valley of meggido ( the venue of ww3. )
5-armadeggon is gog and magog ( the name of the battle. and it is called gog and magog because russia ( which is the japhetic empire known biblically as gog and magog ) would be the one to slay the beast. in ww3 russia is the one that would destroy america. hence why it is called the battle of russia aka the battle of gog and magog )

etc etc etc.

2 Likes

Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by MostHigh: 12:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
obadiah777: you know that verse in the bible, in the mouth of two or more is a matter established ? thats used to write the bible. every name or place in the bible has an alternative name for it in the bible but they are the same.

1- israel is jacob
2-egypt is mizraim
3-esau is edom
5-armadeggon is gog and magog ( the name of the battle. and it is called gog and magog because russia ( which is the japhetic empire known biblically as gog and magog ) would be the one to slay the beast. in ww3 russia is the one that would destroy america. hence why it is called the battle of russia aka he battle of gog and magog )

etc etc etc.

Yes Prophet. smiley

And the battle of gog and maggog it is

Its them mans everybody need to be watching

1 Like

Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 05, 2013
MostHigh:

Yes Prophet. smiley

And the battle of gog and maggog it is

Its them mans everybody need to be watching
you are right Sire. gog and magog ( russian ) warships headed to the valley of meggido >>>>

Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
gog and magog heading for meggido

Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by truthislight: 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
obadiah777: here is an article that may enlighten as to the gog and magog being armageddon. very lengthy. havent read it myself but if it is too long scroll to the bottom for his conclusion http://www.herealittletherealittle.net/index.cfm?page_name=Gog

Of what use then is the bible ?

But you always quote the bible, why direct me to an article ?
Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by truthislight: 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2013
obadiah777: you know that verse in the bible, in the mouth of two or more is a matter established ? thats used to write the bible. every name or place in the bible has an alternative name for it in the bible but they are the same.

1- israel is jacob
2-egypt is mizraim
3-esau is edom
5-armadeggon is gog and magog ( the name of the battle. and it is called gog and magog because russia ( which is the japhetic empire known biblically as gog and magog ) would be the one to slay the beast. in ww3 russia is the one that would destroy america. hence why it is called the battle of russia aka the battle of gog and magog )

etc etc etc.

Lets talk only 'bible'.
Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by truthislight: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
@ Obediah777

Dont bother yourself, the last world power the world will ever have is America/Britain.

Russia cannot destroy America/Britain and rule as a world power.

1 Like

Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2013
obadiah777: here is an article that may enlighten as to the gog and magog being armageddon. very lengthy. havent read it myself but if it is too long scroll to the bottom for his conclusion http://www.herealittletherealittle.net/index.cfm?page_name=Gog

prove your point and stop quoting articles or you highlight the areas you want to draw your point from. You guys are not discussing history.
Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
truthislight:

Of what use then is the bible ?

But you always quote the bible, why direct me to an article ?
so you can get a better understanding from another perspective. so you can see that this is not an alien concept and some other people have been enlightened to figure it out too wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
truthislight:

Lets talk only 'bible'.
you have to juxtapose the bible with real life or else you are reading in a vacuum. the bible is about real life sire. but i guess if you only want to deal with the bible in a vacumm by itself, i can accommodate that request Chief

2 Likes

Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
truthislight: @ Obediah777

Dont bother yourself, the last world power the world will ever have is America/Britain.

Russia cannot destroy America/Britain and rule as a world power.
ahhhh but you err. i never said russia would rule. russia in the process of destroying america would also get destroyed ( ezekiel chapter 39 ). i believe it is called 'a gentile empire implosion'. all gentile empires will nuke each other out of existence. america is the final gentile empire on earth ( daniel 7 ). after america there is no more

1 Like

Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by truthislight: 1:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
obadiah777: so you can get a better understanding from another perspective. so you can see that this is not an alien concept and some other people have been enlightened to figure it out too wink wink

Other people are free to speculate as much as they wish.

Am only interested on what the bible says.
Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
truthislight:

Other people are free to speculate as much as they wish.

Am only interested on what the bible says.
well i provided what the bible says but you obviously did not agree with it hence why i supported with articles. sounds like you want to believe what you think the bible says and not actually what the bible says grin grin
Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
JMAN05:

prove your point and stop quoting articles or you highlight the areas you want to draw your point from. You guys are not discussing history.
but you do err sire. we are indeed discussing history

1 Like

Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
obadiah777: but you do err sire. we are indeed discussing history

ok. i thought you were discussing the bible.
Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
JMAN05:

ok. i thought you were discussing the bible.
The bible is history, prophesies, laws statutes and commandments. its a combination undecided
Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
obadiah777: The bible is history, prophesies, laws statutes and commandments. its a combination undecided

I am not talking about what the bible is all about. is the topic under discussion documented history of the past to which you can point documents or article for verification? view my comments from the context.
Re: Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
JMAN05:

I am not talking about what the bible is all about. is the topic under discussion documented history of the past to which you can point documents or article for verification? view my comments from the context.
ahhh never mind. we have derailed the thread. any questions in particular ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eyes Have Not Seen And Ears Have Not Heard / Alfaseltzer Want To Know About Jesus...just Question And Answer / Pastor Chris’ Daughter Rejects Him, Supports Her Mum On Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.