Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,279 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean (20980 Views)

Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe / French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea / Why Is Vladimir Putin Referring To Eastern Ukraine As 'new Russia'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by saintdeby(m): 12:55am On Sep 05, 2013
The Syrian civil war , also known as Syrian uprising[51] or Syrian crisis (Arabic: ﺔﻳﺭﻮﺴﻟﺍ ﺔﻣﺯﻷﺍ) ,[52][53][54] is an ongoing armed conflict in Syria between forces loyal to the Ba'ath government and those seeking to oust it. The conflict began on 15
March 2011, with popular demonstrations that
grew nationwide by April 2011. These
demonstrations were part of the wider Middle
Eastern protest movement known as the Arab Spring. Protesters demanded the resignation of President Bashar al-Assad, whose family has held the presidency in Syria since 1971, as well as the
end of Ba'ath Party rule, which began in 1963. In April 2011, the Syrian Army was deployed to quell the uprising, and soldiers fired on demonstrators across the country.[55][56] After months of military sieges,[57] the protests evolved into an armed rebellion. Opposition forces, mainly
composed of defected soldiers and civilian volunteers, remain without central leadership.[58] The conflict is asymmetrical, with clashes taking place in many towns and cities across the country. [59] Late 2011 marked growing influence of the Islamist group Jabhat al-Nusra within the opposition forces, and in 2013 Hezbollah entered the war in support of the Syrian army.[60][61] The Syrian government is further upheld by military
support from Russia and Iran, while Qatar and Saudi Arabia transfer weapons to the rebels.[62] By July 2013, the Syrian government controls
approximately 30–40 percent of the country's
territory and 60 percent of the Syrian population. [63] The Arab League, United States, European Union, and other countries condemned the use of violence
against the protesters. The Arab League suspended
Syria's membership because of the government's
response to the crisis, but granted the Syrian National Coalition, a coalition of Syrian political opposition groups, Syria's seat on 6 March 2013. [64] In June 2013, the death toll surpassed 100,000 according to the United Nations.[37] According to various opposition activist groups, between 83,260 and 110,370 people have been killed,[24][34][38] [65] of which about half were civilians,[66] but also including 67,700 armed combatants consisting of both the Syrian Army and rebel forces,[24] up to 1,000 opposition protesters[33] and 1,000 government officials.[25] By October 2012, up to 28,000 people had been reported missing,
including civilians forcibly abducted by government troops or government security forces.[67] According to the UN, about 4 million Syrians have
been displaced within the country and 2 million have fled to other countries.[68][69] In addition, tens of thousands of protesters have
been imprisoned and there are reports of widespread torture and terror in state prisons.[70] International organizations have accused both
government and opposition forces of severe human rights violations.[71] UN investigations have concluded that the government's abuses are the greatest in gravity, frequency and scale
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by Boll2010: 1:26am On Sep 05, 2013
optimus-prime1:
Who said Russia can even intimidate America?
Remember its no longer USSR/Soviet Union, its just Russia.... Mtcheeeeeeeew..... Bomb them all up America if Russia try's to cover up Assad.
God Bless America!
#Singing Star Spangled Banner#
should I call u ignoramus.........cuz d name USSR don't exist means d country's don't exist,keep daydreaming......russia only split,d neighboring countries speaks RUSS
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by Boll2010: 1:28am On Sep 05, 2013
Dhortunn: Jona: Obj, hw dz one take consign us na?
Obj: My boy, i taya too...dt Obama own just too much
Jona: I don tell Madam say if he take style enter dz our area, na to use in blokos for peppersoup
Obj: Choi!!!...abeg call my number whn e pure o, dz ASUU strike dey sweet me no be small
junk!
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by Horus(m): 1:32am On Sep 05, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSN6xkfwthg

[size=15pt]Syria Intervention: The Beginning End of The American Empire[/size]
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by Boll2010: 1:32am On Sep 05, 2013
luluosas: What if these facts becomes a reality?

Fact # 1: The Lord reveals to me that the Jewish state is going to get attack by Iran, once the U.S attacks Syria.

Fact # 2: In less than 4 months after U.S attack Syria and Iran Israel. Russia is going to attack the U.S.

Read the complete revelation of: ALERT!!: PROPHECY THAT U.S. WILL HIT SYRIA AND THEN RUSSIA WILL HIT U.S. here https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10201052752299193&id=1179517372&refid=17
However, I think America is just too proud of themselves. I hope this is not WW3. God help us.
ur FACT#1 is logic..............ur FACT#2 probability
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by Boll2010: 1:36am On Sep 05, 2013
Abrantie: If you know the type of weapons America has, you'd be laughing at Russia. USA! USA! USA!
so v u visit RUSSIAN Arsenal

I suport no alliAnce but fu!cking peace.....my only wish is if its all scripted

1 Like

Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by DankemzI(m): 1:39am On Sep 05, 2013
Ekans: Why is no one in nairaland castigating the rising human toll?,what a tragedy. When other peoples corpse are seen,it looks like logs of wood.
What did you Expect when we are battling mini-war over here courtesy: Boko Haram, so nothing is new #team:_ NeatralAFriKa#
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by optimusprime2(m): 3:53am On Sep 05, 2013
Boll2010: should I call u ignoramus.........cuz d name USSR don't exist means d country's don't exist,keep daydreaming......russia only split,d neighboring countries speaks RUSS
your point exactly??
its because you dont know what I meant thats why you quickly posted an empty statement, let me enlighten you son;
The former USSR was a world power along with the US before the coldwar(1985-1991) that later led to the disintegration of the USSR under Gorbachev.
The USSR consisted of Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Belarus, Latvia, Kazakstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan the Baltics basically about 15countries.
But they fell apart because the system could'nt just work. Do you think Ukraine, Belarus or anyone of the former Soviets is going to stick its neck out for a war Russia dives into? When they themselves are trying to recover from previous aftermaths?
At the time of Joseph Stalin, Russia could go head to Head with the US why? Because They had the economic strength to Match the US (Dont you know wars cost seriioooous money?) they even funded space and Nuclear researches with ease and they had stronger allies eg Germany.
now Russia cant, because they have economic issues themselves, that is why they are not pleased with the US interfaring with the Syria case because they are making cash from selling arms to Syria and thats about to stop if the US intervenes.
Russia cant go head to head with the US this present day and everybody knows that, I'd be more scared about a Global war if China got directly involved.
Not like I'm supporting a war though because as it is, its a delicate situation, but I'm just letting you know that the Russia of before was a lot stronger than the Russia of now.

1 Like

Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by dclinton01(m): 3:58am On Sep 05, 2013
camelus:
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/09/04/322041/russia-sends-warship-to-mediterranean/
dis might lead to world war 3, US should just control der ego
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by drake2005: 4:01am On Sep 05, 2013
Syria now has in its possession Russian-made supersonic air defense system code named Iskander. Watch this...NOW I KNOW WHY ASSAD IS CONFIDENT OF VICTORY.

[flash=400,425]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5zCzPzCiCE''[/flash]

1 Like

Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by mankand(m): 4:21am On Sep 05, 2013
optimus-prime1:

your point exactly??
its because you dont know what I meant thats why you quickly posted an empty statement, let me enlighten you son;
The former USSR was a world power along with the US before the coldwar(1985-1991) that later led to the disintegration of the USSR under Gorbachev.
The USSR consisted of Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Belarus, Latvia, Kazakstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan the Baltics basically about 15countries.
But they fell apart because the system could'nt just work. Do you think Ukraine, Belarus or anyone of the former Soviets is going to stick its neck out for a war Russia dives into? When they themselves are trying to recover from previous aftermaths?
At the time of Joseph Stalin, Russia could go head to Head with the US why? Because They had the economic strength to Match the US (Dont you know wars cost seriioooous money?) they even funded space and Nuclear researches with ease and they had stronger allies eg Germany.
now Russia cant, because they have economic issues themselves, that is why they are not pleased with the US interfaring with the Syria case because they are making cash from selling arms to Syria and thats about to stop if the US intervenes.
Russia cant go head to head with the US this present day and everybody knows that, I'd be more scared about a Global war if China got directly involved.
Not like I'm supporting a war though because as it is, its a delicate situation, but I'm just letting you know that the Russia of before was a lot stronger than the Russia of now.

Dude you must be living in the world of lies and illusion. Those countries you mention still protect the interest of Russia. Do you know how much they get from Russia annually from aid? What happened when Georgia went out of way with Russia, even us could not save them. The fact that USSR does not exist means Russia is dead, I am just laughing here. Let's not pray for the war because America will regret it. The world have now realised who the tyrant is, even France, Germany are just trying to play along. European is in crisis, they have no financial strength to press on for war, Americans are already loosing their stand in Africa and even the middle east. China already took over Africa.

American Intel does not know the weapons grade in the Russian arsenal, whereas Russian Intel knows because they already planted eaves droppers in cia. American war is going to start from within
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by Demallcrazy(m): 4:52am On Sep 05, 2013
L brasi: Peace is all I want!
End time TINZ undecided

grin
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by Nobody: 5:15am On Sep 05, 2013
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSN6xkfwthg

[size=15pt]Syria Intervention: The Beginning End of The American Empire[/size]

I dont need videos to tell me this my wise brother.
I believe in God and I believe in prophecy.
I also believe in the gift of vision and predictions.

Two years ago I had a dream that was so "real", so bloody, so scary i woke up terrified and in tears. Two years later my mother had the exact same dream with some differences in detail.

Dont worry, I will spare you the gore, the feelings of bodies pilling up on me as I tried to escape blah blah.. and stuff like that but basically its like this, america better make sure she picks her battles wisely...because you see if she fuks with russia...the war WILL be on american soil.

And you can trust that. I aint saying it would be easy to lay us out...i mean hell, american citizens (esp. The rednecks and millitias still waiting for some combat and preparing day and night as we speak lol) WILL fight back...but its the principle.

Gone are the days when people feared the "big bad eagle". We all see it, every year more and more ppl are testing her. So all I am saying is she had better be careful and be mindful to tread carefully. There are a lot of ppl "sleep walking" in america and think everything is all good. Its a damn shame my ppl never learned from 9/11(...speaking of which what a coincidence it just so happens to be september....hmmmmmm.)

I am american. I live in america but im not biased. My country has fcked up in the past and if she doesnt act right, she will fvck up...for the last time...i really believe this.

1 Like

Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by Nobody: 5:19am On Sep 05, 2013
And of course I saw the line about how "we dont intend to get involved, we just want to protect our interest"....i saw it.

But come on now. We KNOW what that statement REALLY means. Those of us with commonsense of course.

Anyway frigg it. What is meant to be will be.
tongue thats the way it goes.
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by Nobody: 5:20am On Sep 05, 2013
Sayonara suckerz. smiley

Gudnite/day.
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by ocelot2006(m): 5:34am On Sep 05, 2013
fewj: Reading through different comments regarding an impending war or should I say an impending U.S invasion of Syria and It sovereignty, Here are some points I think we should all note:

1. This impending invasion is a product of political turmoil, citizens of syria have rejected their government especially their president just like some other Arab nations did recently, why can't president Assad just step down, your own people don't want you anymore, you're imposing yourself on them at the cost of so many lives!!! You definitely do not have their best interest at heart!

2. This crisis didn't start today, its been on for over two years, neither the Assad regime, the U.S., Russia or even China have been able to come up with a reasonable solution and execute it to the later, Russia and China especially so far haven't done anything to mitigate the hardship being faced by Syrians through medical and food aid and anything else, instead they've been making huge profits from it buy selling more weapons to the Assad regime!!! grin

3. I never saw any thread here on Nairaland suggesting a solution to this crisis, or even commensurating with the Syrian people in their time of hardship for the over two years its been on sad

4. I also never saw any thread criticising the U.N. Security council for not doing nearly enough all this time, or even a thread mobilizing an anti Assad or even an Anti civil war rally all this time, now thousands have died! angry

Finally The U.S. is bold enough to initiate a military strike, tongues which have been silent to the death of people's children, parents, their lovers, spouse, uncles and aunties are now wagging. angry

In my opinion, the solution is very simple, Russia which has strong ties with the Assad regime should offer the Syrian president and his cohorts asylum, that would be a major game changer.

(If Russia won't, GEJ should set up a joint committee of boko haram and Mend to go and kidnap Assad cheesy cheesy cheesy, Na joke I dey o kiss kiss kiss)

It's not that simple. The Sunnis want Assad gone, but the Alawites, Christians, and Druze are solidly behind the Regime. Take out Assad, and see what happens to tgese minority groups

1 Like

Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by funtanherb(m): 5:52am On Sep 05, 2013
optimus-prime1:
Remember its no longer USSR/Soviet Union, its just Russia.... Mtcheeeeeeeew..... Bomb them all up America if Russia try's to cover up Assad.
God Bless America!
and who told youu America is the greatest country on earth?

2 Likes

Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by Nobody: 5:54am On Sep 05, 2013
zangiff: forget, US is bigger than em all, Cus the support of France. Uk and Israel is the koko
I guess u forgot that Israel is not supporting US, bcox is Israel govt. that shares anti chemical weapons mask in syria.
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 05, 2013
Begining of the end #teamendtime
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 05, 2013
Perhaps many of you guys don't know about the Nuclear Arms Proliferation Act signed by U.S and Russia. That is why you keep talking like U.S is one mighty untouchable superpower. Any country that has nuclear power can make a serious impact on the U.S. Just imagine the U.S and Russia should be at war and Russia should send two out of their thousand stockpiled nuclear warheads. One to washington and one to New york. Perhaps you'll get a grasp of what nuclear warfare is. Pray it doesn't happen. Syria and Iran are close buddies. Iran has nuclear weapons (though they claim they don't). I'm sure the U.S is taking recognition of that fact. And now russia is in the picture. It would be STUPID to go to war with 2 nuclear powers don't you think? Especially trigger happy ones like Iran looking for a reason to test them on you.

Anyway all in all. This shit doesn't affect us in Africa anyway. There is still so much poverty. Na pple wey chop belle full dey fight.

The End is near. E.T.T

2 Likes

Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by camelus: 6:41am On Sep 05, 2013
funtanherb: and who told youu America is the greatest country on earth?
@ Ops Ur a big Joker! Russia will do nothing,I am just sorry for Syria... If Russia try to protect Syria my fear is that US will vex and turn Syria into ruins. Check Isaiah 17:1
This article is a list of countries by military expenditure, the amount spent by a nation on its military in a given year. Military expenditure figures[1] are presented in US$ based on either constant or current exchange rates. These results can vary greatly from one year to another based on fluctuations in the exchange rates of each country's currency. Such fluctuations may change a country's ranking from one year to the next. Currently, the world's six largest military spenders are the United States, China,[2]Russia, the United Kingdom, Japan and France, all of whom are recognized as world powers. The UK, US, Russia, China and France are all veto-wielding permanent members of the United Nations Security Council.
The first list is based on the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) Yearbook 2013 which includes a list on the world's top 15 military spenders in 2012, based on current market exchange rates. The second list is based on the SIPRI military expenditure database for the year 2012, again based on current market exchange rates.
EditSIPRI Yearbook 2013 – World's top 15 military spenders

Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 05, 2013
camelus:
@ Ops Ur a big Joker! Russia will do nothing,I am just sorry for Syria... If Russia try to protect Syria my fear is that US will vex and turn Syria into ruins. Check Isaiah 17:1
This article is a list of countries by military expenditure, the amount spent by a nation on its military in a given year. Military expenditure figures[1] are presented in US$ based on either constant or current exchange rates. These results can vary greatly from one year to another based on fluctuations in the exchange rates of each country's currency. Such fluctuations may change a country's ranking from one year to the next. Currently, the world's six largest military spenders are the United States, China,[2]Russia, the United Kingdom, Japan and France, all of whom are recognized as world powers. The UK, US, Russia, China and France are all veto-wielding permanent members of the United Nations Security Council.
The first list is based on the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) Yearbook 2013 which includes a list on the world's top 15 military spenders in 2012, based on current market exchange rates. The second list is based on the SIPRI military expenditure database for the year 2012, again based on current market exchange rates.
EditSIPRI Yearbook 2013 – World's top 15 military spenders

It's not abt ow much u spend on technology or military but perhaps the ingenuity of such technology. U.S is for free press. Most things they are doing are known. Russia on the other hand is a closed society. Perhaps they have a secret weapon? U.S should let the neighbours of syria deal with syria. That is the best option. Power is not always might.
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by gramci: 6:55am On Sep 05, 2013
afroluciferans: I heard from reliable sources that the Nigerian navy is sending two canoes to the Mediterranean too

do you work with Sahara reporters?
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by henrimoto(m): 7:08am On Sep 05, 2013
sadlas: china where are u time to show america thatvu are matured now
bro, sorry. china no dey fight dis kind fight, na world market share dem dey fight 4... so... dont call dem into dis. or, do u have any supplies 4 dem?

2 Likes

Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by yormite: 7:27am On Sep 05, 2013
esq03: My pple pls wake up from ur slumber. Imagine this war to be USA vs NIG. Don't u think its high time we weep for ourselves? And some pple are still smiling over this war. Think think think
that is a tiger vs an ant i will eat drink and be ready to die we dnt have want can intimidate d Egypt talkless of America d most powerful country in d world
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by yormite: 7:32am On Sep 05, 2013
Up American USA USA USA all d way after dis is all over dat flag will still continue to fly dat flag stands for freedom #Team U.s.A# dnt let me say End time tins

1 Like

Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by sniperwolf(m): 7:32am On Sep 05, 2013
Will it be able to intercept American's missiles?
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by Bright2(m): 7:33am On Sep 05, 2013
Oga Imo abeg come give me one bottle of palm wine i want go comment,this American sef e don dey too much for them. Na so dem dey cause problems any where i go, from Iraq to Afgan to Libya to Egypt to Syria & now dem don even follow me join PDP! To be continue shortly.......
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by Skyloloprince(m): 7:49am On Sep 05, 2013
optimus-prime1:
God Bless America!

America is is heading for its dwnfall, watch and se wot russia wil do to them, enough of this their war trash,

1 Like

Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 05, 2013
sadlas: china where are u time to show america thatvu are matured now
grin

China weapons Ω̴̴̩̩̩̥̩̩̩̥a fake. Them no D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ reach their target.
Re: Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean by walex25(m): 8:00am On Sep 05, 2013
Let's look at this issue from another angle, why will assad use chemical weapon when he his fully aware of its aftermath. I believe US knows the perpetrtors of this whole thing. They want to go war just for there own interest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peru's President, Castillo Impeached & Arrested For Rebellion, VP Sworn-in / UAE Decriminalises Premarital Sexual Relations Among 40 Legal Changes In Reforms / Ukraine Completes Questionnaire For EU Membership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.