Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,933 members, 7,952,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians? (2235 Views)

What Parents Do That Make Their Daughters Sex-starved! / 10 Strict Behaviours Ladies Display That Makes Their Future Husbands Run Away / How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 15, 2008
haba MyTempID cool down abeg wink dont be too harsh on her
Re: Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians? by ima1(f): 7:41pm On Jun 15, 2008
4Her:

SHE'S ASKING A QUESTION. . . IGNORE IF YOU DNT LIKE IT. . . JUST LEAVE BACK SAME WAY YOU CAME IN. . .THANK YOU VERY MUCH! wink

abi o,

@ poster
might be they want to keep the traditions alive and still feel like they have control over their kidz
Re: Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians? by merge(f): 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2008
ima1:

abi o,

@ poster
might be they want to keep the traditions alive and still feel like they have control over their kidz

Is it more like control over their daughters?

What do you think?

I understand the tradition part though. that make sense
Re: Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians? by mamaput(f): 7:48pm On Jun 15, 2008
a Nigerian woman with let me say a whit man is considered as a prostitute.
she is more or less stigmatized.

Nigerians are also more protective over their daughters.
Re: Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians? by ima1(f): 7:49pm On Jun 15, 2008
Yeah just like my dad, he wanted me to marry an Akwa Ibom man but i ended up marrying an Edo man which he didn't like but has to deal with it because its my choice.
Re: Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians? by Sisikill: 8:02pm On Jun 15, 2008
Question - Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians?

Answer - Because compared to men from other countries, the Nigerian man expresses his feelings for his wife in many ways. For instance, a white man will only shoot his wife dead but a Nigerian man will beat her, demean her debase her, cheat on her, rule over her, blame her for his wrong doing, turn her into a baby making machine because the # of kids they have is a testament of his prowess as a man,. . .and after all of this, the woman can be talked into sticking to the marriage until she finally dies from premature old age and a broken heart.

*sigh*

Ain’t love grand? kiss
Re: Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians? by HRhotness(f): 8:04pm On Jun 15, 2008
Sisikill:

Question - Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians?

Answer - Because compared to men from other countries, the Nigerian man expresses his feelings for his wife in many ways. For instance, a white man will only shoot his wife dead but Nigerian man will beat her, demean her debase her, cheat on her, rule over her, blame her for his wrong doing, turn her into a baby making machine because the # of kids they have is a testament of his prowess as a man,. . .and after all of this, the woman can be talked into sticking to the marriage until she finally dies from premature old age and a broken heart.

*sigh*

Ain’t love grand? kiss

Oh how grand! sad
Re: Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2008
he he he hotness dis one u r sad wetin happen grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians? by Sisikill: 8:17pm On Jun 15, 2008
I think I made her sad because I didn't finish listing all the wonderful things that some Nigerian men do. . .like

Blaming the woman for everything that goes wrong in their lives,
Blaming the woman for the fact that they have low sperm count,
Blaming the woman for making them cheat on her,
Treating her like second class citizen even after the dog from his side of the family.

Jeebus H. Christ! I'm getting positively giddy talking about this, I can't wait to walk down the aisle with my Nigerian man, singing come and join me sing hallelujah, Jehovah Jireh has done me well, so all this treatment can start ASAP.
Re: Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians? by Nwaka77: 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2008
Sisikill:

I think I made her sad because I didn't finish listing all the wonderful things that some Nigerian men do. . .like

Treating her like second class citizen even after the dog from his side of the family.

Jeebus H. Christ! I'm getting positively giddy talking about this, I can't wait to walk down the aisle with my Nigerian man, singing come and join me sing hallelujah, Jehovah Jireh has done me well, so all this treatment can start ASAP.

LMAO! grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians? by ima1(f): 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2008
Sisikill:

lol, no kill me abeg
Re: Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians? by HRhotness(f): 10:06pm On Jun 15, 2008
jennykadry:

he he he hotness this one you're sad wetin happen grin grin

my dear jenny,

I'm sad becos I dont have me one of the wonderful nigerian men that sisikill described sad
Re: Why Are Nigerians More Strict About Their Daughters Marrying Nigerians? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 15, 2008
I can't wait to walk down the aisle with my Nigerian man, singing come and join me sing hallelujah, Jehovah Jireh has done me well, so all this treatment can start ASAP.

Lmao. However the Naija guys I'm acquainted with are not like that cool tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fake Cry / God Help Us From Evil Men Ooo! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.