Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria (18395 Views)

Sierra-Leonean Minister Konomany, Backing Her Baby While Working In Office (Pic) / French Congressmen Exchange A Kiss To Support Gay Marriage / United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by HenryQuest(m): 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
War will lead us to no where. Instead it will incite acrimony, prejudice and hatred. USA should be sanctioned for threatening to go ahead with the proposed strikes because the United Nations are against it. Or are you going to tell me that UN has lost it's powers just like it's predecessor, League of Nations? Let us call a spade a spade. Assad may be a bad man but bombing Syria has countless repercussions. Innocent lives would be lost, and the people would live with it for their entire lives. Go and ask Iraq if they have known peace since the got their own baptism. America we agree you are powerful but a powerful man does not allow it's pride get a better of him. Let peace reign! In our hearts, families and the world!

1 Like

Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
this thing can go down september 11th. this is a special day for destruction in the satanic calendar
revelation 9 (september) vs 11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon. <<<< APPOLYON IS GREEK FOR DESTRUCTION. ABADDON IS HEBREW FOR DESTRUCTION. YOU THINK SEPTEMBER 11TH WAS JUST A COINCIDENCE ?
Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by mjconcept(m): 11:04pm On Sep 04, 2013
ayodeji752: shut up! We are nt talkin abt weak country and citizens like nigeria and nigerians respectively but We are talkin abt powerful nations on earth. So Obama shld kip quiet so dat Asaad could kill anoda 100,000 ryt? We Nigerians are gud in making empty noise
Obama kept quite when the rebels cut and ate syrian soliders' heart, Obama kept quite when European nations wanted to fund the syrian rebels. This is not a war to help the syrian citizens, but an act to destabilize middle east.
Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Lordlexy: 11:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
ayodeji752: shut up! We are nt talkin abt weak country and citizens like nigeria and nigerians respectively but We are talkin abt powerful nations on earth. So Obama shld kip quiet so dat Asaad could kill anoda 100,000 ryt? We Nigerians are gud in making empty noise
Thank you ayo for giving him a piece of your mind. It goes to show the sickening mentality of most ppl on this forum. They don't think b4 the talk. Even God i believe will back America to victory.
Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by mjconcept(m): 11:10pm On Sep 04, 2013
HenryQuest: War will lead us to no where. Instead it will incite acrimony, prejudice and hatred. USA should be sanctioned for threatening to go ahead with the proposed strikes because the United Nations are against it. Or are you going to tell me that UN has lost it's powers just like it's predecessor, League of Nations? Let us call a spade a spade. Assad may be a bad man but bombing Syria has countless repercussions. Innocent lives would be lost, and the people would live with it for their entire lives. Go and ask Iraq if they have known peace since the got their own baptism. America we agree you are powerful but a powerful man does not allow it's pride get a better of him. Let peace reign! In our hearts, families and the world!
This is not a war mate,it is act to destabilize middle east and weaken Russia,and who gonna sanction the US? Is it the toothless bulldog called UN?
Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2013
Obama and the yanks keep daring Putin smh.

I just feel sorry for these people, any attack on Syria would be a game changer and they would definitely force Putin's hands to do something. The ex-KGB don ain't no slouch.

The next few days should be interesting. wink

2 Likes

Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by mjconcept(m): 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2013
Lordlexy: Thank you ayo for giving him a piece of your mind. It goes to show the sickening mentality of most ppl on this forum. They don't think b4 the talk. Even God i believe will back America to victory.
Did you think before posting this?

1 Like

Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by NEROSKY(m): 11:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
Truckpusher: If US(Obama) attacks Syria ,Russia will arm Syria, provoke Georgia and attack them and the US won't let them get away with that cheap blackmail,Iran will use their Hezbollah proxy fighters to launch dozens of rockets into Israel ,Israel will retaliate with brutal maximum force and the entire region will go up in flames we can only pray that North Korea shouldn't attack South Korea because China would be completely drawn in then comes the US again , Japan and their allies to stampede China , then only God knows what follows next.

Gradually the world is likely to march into a 3rd world war that is long overdo.This war will usher in the end of system of things(end of the world) as we know it.

This is one of the reasons why i hate African looters called leaders they'll never prepare for any negative eventuality on Africa ,this crazy international politics is a ticking timed bomb waiting to explode into a full blown war, Dumb African looters called leaders won't learn from history unite as a common front and arm themselves which ever way they can, because Africa would be recolonized again as each superpower battles for supremacy in Africa to cart away resources to fund and win their dirty war.....smh angry
Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by IYANGBALI: 11:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
Dey should come to Nigeria first,we need them here more than the people of syria
Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Dey should come to Nigeria first,we need them here more than the people of syria
oh they would come. its prophesy. wait patiently for your turn. a week or so into this war after they have destroyed their own lands in nukes they will all unite and come for the land of africa. get ready hun. they are coming for you ( revelation 19 ) ( zechariah 12 ) WAIT FOR YOUR TURN A FEW DAYS AFTER SYRIA AND THE NUKES FEST.
Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by drake2005: 11:35pm On Sep 04, 2013
Putin was asked: What would Russia do in case the situation develops toward the use of force or otherwise by America. In which he replied... "We have our plans.”

1 Like

Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Horus(m): 11:39pm On Sep 04, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvJwwwQXwvc

[size=15pt]Zionist's Strategy of Divide and Rule in the Arab Muslim World[/size]
Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Lordlexy: 11:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
deeptesting:

Thank you informing people here....I am 100% sure the congress will not vote for the attack next week....There was a serious loophole in Secretary Kerry's analysis of no ground soldier involvement in the last senate committee hearing and I don't see how the U.S wants to reduce Syria capabilities without ground troops.
John Kerry in his presentation did not totaly rule out the possibility ground troops. The option of "foot boot" according to him is still open and subject to debate if United state govt are determine to block chances of rebels affiliated to al quada and other extremist from having access to the large chemical pile of the syria govt. If there is any war to justified America's involvement and intervention, certainly is this one. After a suppose head of state will nuke his own ppl just to remain relevant, is absolutely foolhardy. I forsee the congress voting unanimously in support of Mr Obama quest to distabilise Assad govt, and to use him as a deterrant to anyone who in the near future may toe that line. Un should champion this course, but as we know, they lack the capability and capacity. Posterity will judge us if the world pretends as if nothing happen just as some would want America to do. But America is not coward. Their actions over the years on any major crisis the world over the years has proven to be ppl oriented. The world should celebrate America as the police of the world. The very peace that the world enjoins today is because of the democratic tendency of United state and its value for humanity. Imagine a world with Britain, russia or china known for their exploit as the super power, suppression is better imagine. Even with America's flaws, yet its good works far outweighs it error. Haters go to hell.

3 Likes

Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin indeed mademoiselle indeed it is fire time. and as you quite aptly Sirput >>> dayummmmmmm grin
Sire what are your predictions as per how all of this is gonna play out.

1 Like

Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
drake2005: Putin was asked: What would Russia do in case the situation develops toward the use of force or otherwise by American. In which he replied... We have our plans.”

Messr Putin is an astute chess player. If the US attacks Syria, he might provide missile shield for Syria and allow the Syrians go on a rampage. I believe the Russians have about 20 warships around Syria now, if we include the 3 they sent today.

He might decide to honour the cancelled s300 deal with Iran and let Iran on loose. Iran is a formidable force and it can hold its own against any world super-power. I dare say, even in a conventional war, bar US, Russia and China, and probably Germany, I don't think any country can defeat Iran. And I'm talking about the likes of the UK, France and Israel.

Anyway, since the UK isn't involved this time, I just want them to go at it. The newpapers should be interesting in the next few days. Hopefully, all the sides involved would come with their A-game and let the missiles rain. grin

May the best side win!! tongue

1 Like

Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
femmyb: Sire what are your predictions as per how all of this is gonna play out.
not my predictions Sire. biblical predictions. its all in the bible
1-america will attack syria and blast it into the stone ages isaiah 17 vs 1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

2-russia ( gog ) gets involved and destroys the israeli people ( ezekiel 38 and 39 ) and then they and america start nuking each other. iran ( medes ) joins russia, china ( king of the east ) joins russia. north korea joins russia. they are nuking each other. firing all kinds of nukes. when the eurozone see that russia is winning they would join russia ( rev 17 ) and then they would all fire their nukes on usa. when the nukes stop flying america will have been flattened and not a soul survive ( rev 18 ). all major cities in the world would be destroyed by nukes. all western nations would be destroyed and they would have no food or water. hence the second leg of the war will begin immediately. all the surviving countries would unite against africa ( the only land left unscathed relatively ) to take the land for themselves. it would be a bloody war in which two thirds of the population of africa would be destroyed and killed ( zech 13 ).

3-after it is all said and done africa will be victorious but lets take nigeria for example with 180 million people. two thirds is 120 million. 120 million people in nigeria would be killed. only 60 million would be left standing.

1 Like

Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Emmydude(m): 11:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
There is nothing wrong in the post. He said key congressmen and not congress! Those men are rightly key congressmen from the Republican. Obama expects opposition from Republicans.
I wish diplomacy can solve the impasse but we are way passed it. Only war can solve it now. Assad is dangerous, so any full. Blown war aided by US in Syria will definitely reach Africa because of spill over effect!
Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 05, 2013
obadiah777: not my predictions Sire. biblical predictions. its all in the bible
1-america will attack syria and blast it into the stone ages isaiah 17 vs 1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

2-russia ( gog ) gets involved and destroys the israeli people ( ezekiel 38 and 39 ) and then they and america start nuking each other. iran ( medes ) joins russia, china ( king of the east ) joins russia. north korea joins russia. they are nuking each other. firing all kinds of nukes. when the eurozone see that russia is winning they would join russia ( rev 17 ) and then they would all fire their nukes on russia. when the nukes stop flying america will have been flattened and not a soul survive ( rev 18 ). all major cities in the world would be destroyed by nukes. all western nations would be destroyed and they would have no food or water. hence the second leg of the war will begin immediately. all the surviving countries would unite against africa ( the only land left unscathed relatively ) to take the land for themselves. it would be a bloody war in which two thirds of the population of africa would be destroyed and killed ( zech 13 ).

Dayuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!!!

Prophet/Pastor/Reverend/Bishop Buzugee the Obadiah, shalom my bruddah!!!

So Afrika would be the only place protected from destruction? shocked shocked shocked

May God bless our ancestors in Nibiru and the melanin of the coloured people!!

I shall remember this day from now henceforth and give praises to Jah for making me a black man!!!!

Shalom!!! Hotep!!! Hale Yeshua Ben Yosef!!! cool

3 Likes

Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 05, 2013

2-russia ( gog ) gets involved and destroys the israeli people ( ezekiel 38 and 39 ) and then they and america start nuking each other. iran ( medes ) joins russia, china ( king of the east ) joins russia. north korea joins russia. they are nuking each other. firing all kinds of nukes. when the eurozone see that russia is winning they would join russia ( rev 17 ) and then they would all fire their nukes on usa. when the nukes stop flying america will have been flattened and not a soul survive ( rev 18 ). all major cities in the world would be destroyed by nukes. all western nations would be destroyed and they would have no food or water. hence the second leg of the war will begin immediately. all the surviving countries would unite against africa ( the only land left unscathed relatively ) to take the land for themselves. it would be a bloody war in which two thirds of the population of africa would be destroyed and killed ( zech 13 ).

3-after it is all said and done africa will be victorious but lets take nigeria for example with 180 million people. two thirds is 120 million. 120 million people in nigeria would be killed. only 60 million would be left standing.

1 Like

Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 05, 2013
shymexx:

Dayuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!!!

Prophet/Pastor/Reverend/Bishop Buzugee the Obadiah, shalom my bruddah!!!

So Afrika would be the only place protected from destruction? shocked shocked shocked

May God bless our ancestors in Nibiru and the melanin of the coloured people!!

I shall remember this day from now henceforth and give praises to Jah for making me a black man!!!!

Shalom!!! Hotep!!! Hale Yeshua Ben Yosef!!! cool
make corrections chief Shymmexxx. i made a mistake when i said they would all fire their nukes on russia. i meant usa. i have changed it in my post. but ermm yeahh shalom brother Shymmexxxx lol. whats good ? being a hot minute. trust all is well. yup Africa would be the only place but hence the source of the second war immediately after because all nations would want to take it for themselves and drive out the africans or kill them all. rough times ahead sire. Hotep brother and shalom wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 05, 2013
femmyb: [/quote][quote author=obadiah777]not my predictions Sire. biblical predictions. its all in the bible

But what kind of weapons do we Africans have to defeat folks with nukes

1 Like

Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Afritop(m): 12:11am On Sep 05, 2013
I AM SURE THOSE WHO GAVE OBAMA SUCH BACKING ARE LOVERS OF ACTION FILM AND HOLLYWOOD
Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by ceevin: 12:13am On Sep 05, 2013
showdown 4 Al_ Assad.
Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 05, 2013
femmyb: But what kind of weapons do we Africans have to defeat folks with nukes
the war in africa is guns and knives and man to man combat ( micah 5 ). the nations would have nuked each others sophisticated weaponry out of existence. nukes would be no more when they come for africa. guns and knives
Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by CONSTAINE: 12:16am On Sep 05, 2013
Nigerians can talk!!!they know everything in the world,lie lie people
Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 05, 2013
Lilaex: Yyyyyyeeeeeesssssss.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kill all the MUSLIMS...!!!!!

#ENDTIMETINZ#

Absolute big fool. If Obama goes to Syria to help the rebels topple Assad, let me tell you all the things that will happen after that:
1. The so called 'Muslims' they will kill are only the Shiites in that country compared to the Sunnis, who are the main denomination of the rebels. So first of all, your plan of wiping out all muslims is a total fail.
2. Do you know that there are Arab Christians in Syria? Oh, Im sure it is a shock to you because once your blockhead heard Syria you thought of only Muslims. Mumu! Well, let me tell you without a shadow of a doubt, that once Assad is gone, there will be a massive cleansing of all Christains living in Syria. There are videos available on youtube to watch that show these rebels killing nuns and priests and burning down churches.
3. The rebels that you are supporting are confirmed terrorists/jihadists from Iraqs Al-qaeda who have vowed to make Syria a islamic Sharia state once Assad is toppled. Assad, even as a muslim was quite liberal in Syria and made it a secular state, that's why the fundamentalist muslims are trying to overthrow him

Not convinced with any of these points I have made, do yourself a favour and educate yourself by watching the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkamZg68jpk

1 Like

Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Horus(m): 12:18am On Sep 05, 2013
femmyb: But what kind of weapons do we Africans have to defeat folks with nukes

We can build nukes ourselves
Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by honeric01(m): 12:19am On Sep 05, 2013

han han, stop frightening people na!
Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 05, 2013
Expect Assad to seek asylum in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by demelza: 12:20am On Sep 05, 2013
obadiah777: oh they would come. its prophesy. wait patiently for your turn. a week or so into this war after they have destroyed their own lands in nukes they will all unite and come for the land of africa. get ready hun. they are coming for you ( revelation 19 ) ( zechariah 12 ) WAIT FOR YOUR TURN A FEW DAYS AFTER SYRIA AND THE NUKES FEST.
Why are your messages filled with doom and gloom? It reminds me of Jeremiah the prophet
Re: Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 05, 2013

Please educate thyself..... Im just trying to help an ignoramus like you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkamZg68jpk

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Catholic Priest Beheaded In Syria By Jihadist Fighters / Iran Says It Struck Bases Of A Dissident Militant Group In Pakistan(photos) / Germany Admits Genocide In Namibia In Colonial Era

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.