Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,971 members, 7,817,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools (5191 Views)

Boko Haram "Writes" Public Schools In Lagos / Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election / Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by Ayekotoo(m): 10:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State on.Tuesday said that his administration had cancelled pre-nursery in all government owned public schools in the state.

Aregbesola said this in Ila Orangun during a.feedback interactive forum with the people in the area. The governor, who addressed the crowd in Yoruba, said that his administration decided to cancel the pre-nursery because it was wrong for mothers to dump their babies in schools in the name of building careers.

He said, " We have cancelled pre-nursery in all public schools. Babies in pre-nursery schools should be under their mothers' care and not in school. Mothers should take care of their babies until they are six years old.

"Children from six years of age to 18 will enjoy free and qualitative education, we are committed to giving our children qualitative education and we won't compromise on this."
The governor also said that his administration was working on a bill to make it mandatory for any civil servant to work for at least three years in rural communities before they could rise beyond Grade Level 12.

This, according to him, is aimed at stopping civil servants from rejecting their postings to work in rural areas.
He said, "Any worker on Level 12 who wants to rise beyond the level must have three years of service in rural communities or such would not rise beyond that level."

http://punchng.mobi/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/osun-cancels-pre-nursery-in-public-schools/

1 Like

Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by jidexboy(m): 1:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
First 2 comment
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by Deen4me(m): 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
Commendable Development from AREGBERASCAL wink

1 Like

Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by jidexboy(m): 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
This is really good, a mother will register 9month old baby in school, it doesn't make sense,dedicate ur time 2 ur baby

2 Likes

Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by Itoroetti(m): 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
is that not stupidity?at 6yrs old,some kids are preparing to go to the sec school,but in osun,they want such kid to start school at such stage.at times u ask,are we moving forward or backward?
Why would u want to punish those working in rural areas?i thought the policy is suppose to be for those servicing in urban areas so as to reduce rural to urban migration.

1 Like

Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by bizfirst: 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
This is sure a welcome development, Governor...sometimes, I wonder how we blindly pursue career to the detriment of our families and what matters most!

1 Like

Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by yomalex(m): 1:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
Commendable !
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by dridowu: 1:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
Honestly i dont support parents dropping their lil kid of less than 3yrs, so i wish the Gov should reconsider this to 3yrs and above rather than 6yrs

1 Like

Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by Opey4luv(m): 1:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
THEY are teachers not baby-sitters. grin

1 Like

Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by Fishout(m): 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2013
For me,lt was a good steps nd development for state nd to those who stay in Osun state
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
9ce 1... fp tinz
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by dominique(f): 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
But with the current ecomimic sitiation in the country, its not feasible for the man to be the sole income provider. If the Osun state government don't want to run a day care centre in public schools, fine. If they go ahead and start banning private facilities for the reasons stated in the article, that's another story entirely.
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by Heyliesha(m): 1:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
Nairaland has a New Problem !!
The LIKE Button is not Working..
Try it !!

6 Likes

Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by Wsdm: 1:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
This is a governor elected by the people and therefore think pro-masses.
Any body nominated by a thieving godfather will behave thus.
Anybody that thief/rigg himself to power will do...
Any body that sail through the back of ethnoreligious boat to cross will abide by the rules.
Pre-nursery: our native language is lost.
Our culture and core values are lost.
The children lost motherly care. All lost to the foreign ideologies.
I am only doing it to socialize with my environment.
Even at that; my children usually start at the age of 3years or few months before it.
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by PaulJohn1: 1:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
Going by Nigeria's educational... Whatever of 9-3-4.
A kid starting school at age six would finish from high school at the age of 18. That is not cool at all.
And graduate at the age of 22(if there is no ASUU strike).
I don't like this idea.
Would prefer it if the kid is to start at age 4, by the age of 20, he or she would be done.

1 Like

Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by felifeli: 1:33pm On Sep 05, 2013
Itoroetti :
is that not stupidity?at 6yrs old,some kids are preparing to go to the sec school,but in osun,they want such kid to start school at such stage.at times u ask,are we moving forward or backward?
Why would u want to punish those working in rural areas?i thought the policy is suppose to be for those servicing in urban areas so as to reduce rural to urban migration.

You sound like someone who entered secondary school at 6. Very foolish indeed and sure to behave like children in future because they were robbed of childhood and were fed cow milk as babies instead of human mother's breast milk so they will ve half animal and quite sociopath beings

4 Likes

Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by felifeli: 1:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
Paul John: Going by Nigeria's educational... Whatever of 9-3-4.
A kid starting school at age six would finish from high school at the age of 18. That is not cool at all.
I don't like this idea.
Would prefer it if the kid is to start at age 4, by the age of 20, he or she would be done.

Send your children to private school; simple. Then they can enter university at 12 if you like

2 Likes

Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by Wsdm: 1:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
felifeli:

Send your children to private school; simple. Then they can enter university at 12 if you like
Considering the indescencies in our higher institutions, a child at 12 in it would have given credence to Senator Yerima's proposal.
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by megareal: 1:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
Its the public schools though I don't like the idea of a child starting school at 6. They will not meet up with their age mates in private schools abegi. BTW, most women leave their children at school coz they have to work. The economic situation in the country isn't too friendly and some families need both parents to be breadwinners.

1 Like

Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
quiet reasonable, parents are losing touch with their wards and the children are lacking more and more of home training as it is, morale decadence can be traced to lack of proper upbringing of children in the society. parents should take care of their children the more, if you cant do that please dont bring them into this world to suffer the rest of us with more street urchins that result from dysfunctional home training.

but, osun is in the news a lot today, what sup?
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
4-5years isn't bad..for 6years is such a long wait in THIS dispensation.. (still can't believed how some of us survived starting Primary One at age 7..sadder if you were so short and your arm length wouldn't touch your left ear grin .

But wait one, this applies only to Public Schools.. Thereby, presenting alternatives for parents and great opportunity for Private Schools since they would be having more pupils enrolled, this academic session.

BTW, I just love the idea of having their staff members work in rural communities...let them taste how it feels to be 'lowly', too. thumbs Up, Governor.
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by soulglo: 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
This is not a good thing. Preschool is necessary. I like how he says the mother should watch the child until the child is 6. Most families need the second income nowadays. The idea that a mother would sit home for 6 years is ridiculous. At the very least low income families should get these benefits starting at 3 years of age
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by olusolaj(m): 2:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
So obvious dat everytin about osun and Aregbesola always make a front topic. Think Seun has joined d league of APC under Ogbeni Aregbe. Lol
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by Starlett: 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
I only hope this is not a back-door ploy to forward the fortunes of Islamic or koranic schools for these little pre-shoolers. Mr Aregbesola, eyes on you, man!

1 Like

Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by yetunsbay(m): 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
If u say so
olusolaj: So obvious dat everytin about osun and Aregbesola always make a front topic. Think Seun is has joined d league of APC under Ogbeni Aregbe
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by olede: 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
Too bad of a Gov'nor who is literate. Come to think of it, some parent abandond thier kids @ the age of 4 to begin looking for food. What happen to the orphan and destitude? Alajeri who are roming the street do they have parents? Insults are welcome.
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
Am an early starter (age one). While it seems cool to the parent, I would never allow my kid to start school at such an early age. So I say, it's a nice move by Osun state governor.
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by k4kenny(f): 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hope Ogbeni Aregbe will give female civil servants 6 yrs maternity leave so they can stay home and take care of their kids. Just come out and say d state can not afford to pay kids' kindergarten fees rather than hide under unreasonable excuses.

1 Like

Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by mbulela: 4:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
Paul John: Going by Nigeria's educational... Whatever of 9-3-4.
I don't like this idea.

The 9 includes JSS1 to 3.
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by dejijohns(m): 5:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
Heyliesha: Nairaland has a New Problem !!
The LIKE Button is not Working..
Try it !!
Loooll... #wéré#
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by Erinpeyin: 6:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
Can you call your dad a rascal?you better beg your mother to show u your real father.Stupid son of a witched-bitch.
Re: Osun Cancels Pre-nursery In Public Schools by felifeli: 6:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
Erinpeyin: Can you call your dad a rascal?you better beg your mother to show u your real father.Stupid son of a witched-bitch.
Don't mind him. That is how you know people who were dumped in pre-school at 1year old and there fed with cow milk instead of their mother's milk. They think mama na cow and papa na rascal. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News:- Osinbajo To Resign If Buhari Wins. / Release Nnamdi Kanu Within 7 Days Or We Shut Down Oil Production / Zaria Massacre: Absence Of Army, COAS Stalls Federal High Court Sitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.