Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! (14765 Views)

Cars On The Street - A Lagos Car Street Photography Album | LensAndLagos / Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car / Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by ubiquitousade(m): 9:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
Man you are on point. You got me laughing out loud. I tot I was d only 1 in this kind of situation. I just hate going in Public transport especially in Lagos. Having to share seat with Orobo people, dirty and smelling people (no offense bt let us mind the way we appear in public).
Bt always I had to cope wit it as dis na lasgidi, every1 to his/her own and as I neva get my ride. Abi wetin man go do.
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by GooseBaba: 9:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
@Op correct delivery my brother...LOLz thinz.

Sometimes after careful observation of the bus and boarding. Then someone that bath with their perfume sits next to you all you can smell is the chemical. Or the mallam with his perfume. When you Comot for bus you go dey smell like mallam.

Some fat people are kinda polite. Mostly women, some will say sit down don't worry I will shift for you. While some go just bone face come accuse you of asking for too much space. Sometimes I go provoke "madam as I thin reach, space no even dey for my left yansh"..

You don enter bus wey all the seat dey the roof. As passengers dey enter na so them dey arrange seat. Naija the Great... All is well... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
grin
beckytunde: omg try sitting in abus filled wt pomo sellers, all dressed in pomo raiments, after sales, goin back to ago iwoye from ketu garage. omg
grin grin grin pomo raiments!!!!
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
Dere was a tym I boarded a bus going 2 abule egba from oshodi*a fat woman entered d remainin seat meant 4 4 pple*mind u d woman is abt 2and half person....I ran down followed by a yung man*d conductor asked us 2 go into d bus*i told him I av changed my location*leta wen I asked d yung man why he ran out he said"he is d only son of his parents*

3 Likes

Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by GooseBaba: 9:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
hbpeze: Dere was a tym I boarded a bus going 2 abule egba from oshodi*a fat woman entered d remainin seat meant 4 4 pple*mind u d woman is abt 2and half person....I ran down followed by a yung man*d conductor asked us 2 go into d bus*i told him I av changed my location*leta wen I asked d yung man why he ran out he said"he is d only son of his parents*

LMAO...!!!!!! Na who wan die...! But sometimes our actions might make these fat people depressed.
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by brushstrokes(f): 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
hbpeze: Dere was a tym I boarded a bus going 2 abule egba from oshodi*a fat woman entered d remainin seat meant 4 4 pple*mind u d woman is abt 2and half person....I ran down followed by a yung man*d conductor asked us 2 go into d bus*i told him I av changed my location*leta wen I asked d yung man why he ran out he said"he is d only son of his parents*

grin grin grin
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
moscobabs:
Seun pls we need Lunatic section on Nairaland so all these End Time guys,space booked guys,empty comment guys and those 1st to comment guys will continue their madness there.so we can enjoy our discussions
LoL
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by opeyekan: 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
pele hope u no dey tey 4 bus-stop
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
Nairaland... LoL...am laffn
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by macherie1: 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lolll. This write up sent me reeling with laughter. For me the most scary thing about lagos danfo drivers is their love for drivin on uneven grounds with the bus tilted @ a dangerous angle .Lagos bus driver are really loony.
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by youngbest(m): 11:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
How come nobody has mentioned ' one chance ' bus
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by delpee(f): 11:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin
So true and laughed sooooo much! I wish we had more BRTs so that people depend less on those contraptions called danfos.
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by SugaryBelle(f): 12:04am On Sep 06, 2013
lmao,i havn't laughed this hard for a while now,this thread is so funny
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Feraz(m): 12:20am On Sep 06, 2013
LMAO!!!!
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Ifedechidex: 3:54am On Sep 06, 2013
Mynd_44:
And to make matters worse, you get stuck in traffic

abeg, make una no kill me wit laff... D post alone dey break my belle, talk less of all dis hilarious comments
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by born2boink(m): 4:36am On Sep 06, 2013
I don't think all these consideration are necessary when we have about 1000 people rushing 14 passenger bus with 3 vacant seats early in the morning to work. Maybe the poster have no where he is going

2 Likes

Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Giniguru: 5:26am On Sep 06, 2013
True talk
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Babe2sure(f): 6:23am On Sep 06, 2013
Hadeehart101: Sounds funny but true. Especially lagos buses. Even Brt's are almost turned to molue. I remember when i board ed a bus and i was the only female in the bus, i was like WTF??! If not that i had an appointement in the hospital and buses plying the road to the hospital was scarce, i would have gotten down but i had no choice. Had to go on the bumpy ride like that.
A friend and I wanted to board a bus one day,I was in front of her.The moment I entered and I noticed that all the passengers are men,I step down from the bus immediately.My friend was surprised and ask me why I came down from the bus and I told her (it scares me to enter bus with only men).

As per the mechanic issue,I have had cause to wonder why they don't try and change their dressing when they want to go out in public bus.One mechanic that sat beside me sometimes ago made me uncomfortable throughout the journey.I was shifting from him every minute not wanting his dirty cloth to touch mine.
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 06, 2013
You should also consider the color of the bus. For me, if it is not yellow n black; i no dey enter.

1 Like

Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by nodullin(m): 7:15am On Sep 06, 2013
I appreciate the points made.
But what I appreciate d most~ is the structure of the entire write up~

1derful Job!
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 06, 2013
This thread dosnt make any sence. For me this is discrimination.Uk only make sence in ur number 4,ie drinking and driving. If u are too clean,rich go get ur private Car jare.
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 06, 2013
This thread dosnt make any sence. For me this is discrimination.U only make sence in ur number 4,ie drinking and driving. If u are too clean,rich go get ur private Car jare.
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by elohorayodele: 8:23am On Sep 06, 2013
Godsun2013: LIKE IF YOU THINK IT'S
END TIME TINZ

Nt even a single lik afta so many hrs, look 4 smtin else to say or jst shhhh, ev1 is tired of comments lk dis!

2 Likes

Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 8:49am On Sep 06, 2013
skies.oduah:
Oh Mr. Jessica how about buying yourself a Bugatti and stop being a big cry baby? Just saying

You just can tell folks how to live there life not go on with their daily routines

Madam Oduah, it would do you well to note that the thread title is "Things I Consider..." not "Things Everyone Should Consider...."

2 Likes

Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Exponental(m): 8:52am On Sep 06, 2013
U better go n buy a car. All this ur conditions will not ne applicable when u av something at stake.
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by ogoplus: 9:42am On Sep 06, 2013
OP let me add:

***>The general apprenance of the bus conductor (if looks rough,"High On Gbana/Ganja/Paaraga I quickly conclude that he will be quarrelsome; I just step aside and wait.
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by brightnelly(f): 9:54am On Sep 06, 2013
Ishilove: Senb, e be like sey emergency never hold you. When it does, nobody will tell you to fly into the first rickety contraption that comes trundling your direction, even if it looks like something that has been on the road since after the civil war.

Lagos buses na die. I have had some pretty good dresses ruined by those meat hangers called buses. Being a plus sized lady myself, when boarding a bus, I quickly look out for the seat with the tiniest set of individuals and head there. cheesy If there are none and I am not in a hurry, I wait for another bus. However, if I am in a hurry, I simply lock up, bone face, join my fellow well fed co-passengers on the seat and damn the consequences angry

grin

Chaiiiii na so you wicked reach So when you damn the consequences the victims will now bear the consequences This is END TIME TINZ grin grin grin
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by bellong: 10:11am On Sep 06, 2013
I was once in a danfo with only a space left for a passenger. Behold, an exceptionally gifted woman was coming to take the slot, the conductor shouted at the woman, "madam, enter the next empty bus, na only one space remain for here".... Everybody couldn't hold the laughter that followed. He embarrassed the poor woman...

1 Like

Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Ishilove: 10:32am On Sep 06, 2013
brightnelly:

Chaiiiii na so you wicked reach So when you damn the consequences the victims will now bear the consequences This is END TIME TINZ grin grin grin
Which victims? grin Ehn, all of us will manage the seat like that na.

Some will shift forward, some will adjust nyash by lifting it slightly while others will raise one hand and rest it on the on the seat behind the fellow beside them. In extreme cases, one butt cheek will be on the seat while the other butt cheek will rest on the thigh of the person beside you.

wink grin
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Ishilove: 10:37am On Sep 06, 2013
dayoade2007: It happens once in a while to me wen I've to sit in between 2 "generously sized" women I had to sit with half of my bottom on d sit for a journey of about 1.5hours....... on alighting d bus I developed 'paja paja' on my bottom.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Ishilove: 10:43am On Sep 06, 2013
beckytunde: omg try sitting in abus filled wt pomo sellers, all dressed in pomo raiments, after sales, goin back to ago iwoye from ketu garage. omg
Omg! On my way to Toll gate from Winners, I sat with one some months back. I was at the last seat and her bag of dry fish and pomo kept on rolling and bumping me on the head sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinted Glass: Is Police Permit Legally Required In Nigeria? / Solar-powered Cars For Nigerians By 2018 / Why Does Fuel Last Longer When Your Tank Is Full?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.