Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

How To Effectively Manage Battery Power On Your Android Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Effectively Manage Battery Power On Your Android Device (952 Views)

What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own / 7 Things Affecting Battery And Data Life On Your Android & How To Manage Them / MTN Android Device Now Available? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Effectively Manage Battery Power On Your Android Device by yemionline(m): 12:31am On Sep 05, 2013
It’s no longer news that android devices are taking over the mobile/ telecommunications market. With more and more companies rolling out their own versions of their mobile devices running on android OS.

One of the popular complaints you get from people using these devices is about the battery life. Many complain that some of these devices run down a lil too quickly, while this may be partly true, I still believe that most of the complaints you get from people are a result of improper management of battery power of their android devices.

Here are a few tips based on my experience that I think would make the battery of your android devices be it phones phone or tablets last much longer than they do presently.

1. Reduce the Brightness of your Screen

One of the major factors that could determine how fast your battery runs down is the brightness of your screen. The lower the brightness, the longer your battery lasts before running down.

Another reason why I would encourage you to reduce your screen brightness is so that you don’t damage your eyes over time.

If you are like me who spends a lot of time in front of screens, from phone screens to laptop screens, reducing your screen brightness is necessary unless you are ready to start using glasses in your youthful age *winks*

2. Turn off Wi-Fi/hotspot/ data services when not in use

These three things mentioned above also have the power to run your battery down really fast. Make it a rule to turn off data or wireless when not in use on our device as this will only contribute to the draining of your battery.

Another thing you need to be aware of is that if you make your android device a hotspot for other devices to connect to wirelessly, I assure you that your device is going to run down so fast that you are going to wonder what happened.

Hotspot services take a huge toll on your battery, so if you must use it just make sure just make sure u have a charging source nearby. But if the hotspot isn’t meant for multiple devices, say you want to use it on your laptop, then I would advise that you use USB tethering instead. That way your phone is being used as a modem and is also being charged simultaneously.

3. Reduce the back-light / standby time

Backlight standby time refers to the time it takes for your phone light to go off after being left idle. By default this could be something like 30 seconds. Reducing it to half the time or even to something like 10 seconds would be a good idea because it’s going to help save your battery too.

4. Turn off Bluetooth when not in use

I believe this point is self-explanatory. Once your Bluetooth is not in use, leaving it on will only help you drain your battery.

5. Ensure That You don’t Have Too Many Applications Running on Your Device

The reason why you don’t want too many apps running at the same time on you device is that, more apps running translates into more of your RAM being used which in turn translates into more of your battery juice being drained.

You could download a free task manager software from google play store that helps you kill apps that are not currently in use.

6 Turn off Phone vibration feature if You don’t Need it

This is also self-explanatory, if you don’t really need your phone vibration setting turned on, It would be a good idea to just turn it off because when you phone vibrates repeatedly, it contributes in the quick drainage of your battery.

So that’s all I have for you guys, I just hope that with this few points of mine, I have been able to share some really good tips that would help you better enjoy your android device… Cheers!!!

Source: http://www.yemionline.com/2013/08/how-to-effectively-manage-battery-power.html
Re: How To Effectively Manage Battery Power On Your Android Device by physise(m): 12:52am On Sep 05, 2013
Thanks
Re: How To Effectively Manage Battery Power On Your Android Device by Skykid1208(m): 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
Tanks dis is sure helpfull
Re: How To Effectively Manage Battery Power On Your Android Device by yemionline(m): 8:03am On Dec 07, 2013
Ur welcum
Re: How To Effectively Manage Battery Power On Your Android Device by psalmdave(m): 10:13am On Dec 07, 2013
cool
Re: How To Effectively Manage Battery Power On Your Android Device by yemionline(m): 8:53am On Dec 27, 2014
smiley
Re: How To Effectively Manage Battery Power On Your Android Device by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 27, 2014
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Consider A Good Phone? / Google To Unveil ‘android M’, The Future Of Android OS At Google I/O 2015 / 3g Wcdma Only Service Stops Working On My Tecno D9 Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.