Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Different Name On SSC And BSC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Different Name On SSC And BSC (1793 Views)

Difference Between Bsc And Bsc (hons) / The Difference Between HND And BSC Is Discrimination - Wole Soyinka / Why The Discrimination Between Hnd Holders And Bsc Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Different Name On SSC And BSC by haibe(m): 7:33am On Sep 05, 2013
Hi everyone, i have this issue giving me concern for some time now, its about the slightly different name spelling i have in my senior school certificate and my bsc(although am still a student), so the name i used in my secondary school is slightly different from the one am currently using in the university.

I wasn't the one who registered for my Jamb and so the person who helped me pen down my name mis-spelt my name and this of course has affected my university name, and would most likely affect my bsc certificate, i just want to know if its not much of an issue.

For example:
Senior school certificate:.
Bsc(university name):

So please has anyone encountered such situation like mine above, what is the risk involved and the correction that can be taken, your suggestions are highly welcomed, thanks.
Re: Different Name On SSC And BSC by psucc(m): 7:38am On Sep 05, 2013
You would have at the point of registration in the university raise the issue and then write jamb for correction, though belated, the option left now is for you to go to court and depose to an oath(affidavit) to cover.
Re: Different Name On SSC And BSC by haibe(m): 7:41am On Sep 05, 2013
psucc: You would have at the point of registration in the university raise the issue and then write jamb for correction, though belated, the option left now is for you to go to court and depose to an oath(affidavit) to cover.

I tried my best during registration but i wasn't attended to, how does swearing an affidavit help to change the name? Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Different Name On SSC And BSC by haibe(m): 8:53am On Sep 05, 2013
psucc: You would have at the point of registration in the university raise the issue and then write jamb for correction, though belated, the option left now is for you to go to court and depose to an oath(affidavit) to cover.
Re: Different Name On SSC And BSC by haibe(m): 8:53pm On Sep 07, 2013

So can affidavit solve the issue?
Re: Different Name On SSC And BSC by Akanbi93: 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2013
i hav a slight change also,but people say its ok. My jamb name is (bakare bisiriyu abayomi) nd waec name is (bakare abayomi bisiriyu)wat do u tink?
Re: Different Name On SSC And BSC by haibe(m): 7:07am On Sep 08, 2013
Akanbi93: i hav a slight change also,but people say its ok. My jamb name is (bakare bisiriyu abayomi) nd waec name is (bakare abayomi bisiriyu)wat do u tink?

Same case with my sister, but i think this case isn't much of an issue, but my advice, if you haven't graduated yet, use ur jamb(university) name for your NYSC in order to avoid serious wahala.
Re: Different Name On SSC And BSC by Ogungbemileke: 2:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
Hello here I have same issue and it has been bothering me since I graduated " the name on my SSC Is different from the one on my BSC" . It was wrongly spelt during jamb reg.
Any body with solutions and suggestions on it. You can contact me on 08146016068 please help is really needed. thanks
Re: Different Name On SSC And BSC by LordIsaac(m): 11:53pm On Mar 18, 2022
You can correct name on WAEC result. Go to WAEC headquarters near you. I don't know of BSc result.
Re: Different Name On SSC And BSC by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:51am On Mar 19, 2022
haibe:

I tried my best during registration but i wasn't attended to, how does swearing an affidavit help to change the name? Thanks for your contribution.
ssce is an absolutely void certificate. I have the same issue cos I changed my name. Move on with the spelling on your bsc. Dont waste your time or disrupt the cells in your brain.
Reach greater heights and stick to the name on the higher certificate. I schooled and worked abroad with a different name. Peoole back home know me as another person and I am successfully earning in a different name.
Name is shiit. Go achieve your goals and waste no effort or money on ssce. It is BShit

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

UNI-ABUJA Direct Entry And Diploma Form For 2015/2016 Session Is Out.for Help An / 2015/2016 Lautech Pgd Form / My Profile On Nicki Minaj Sex Video 64 Still Brings 119 Actresses.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.