Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Should A Church Resort To Violence When Persecuted ??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Church Resort To Violence When Persecuted ??? (1190 Views)

My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / Why Is Christianity So Hated And Persecuted Is It Because It's "conversion Theory" / Why Have Jews Been Persecuted So Much Throughout History? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Church Resort To Violence When Persecuted ??? by Pygru: 9:39am On Sep 05, 2013
Pygru was shocked when I saw the bolded below

HOW ........ ....... CHURCH COULD HAVE RESOLVED THEIR CRISIS
I am writing on this because some top members of...... ...... Church are my friends on Facebook and in real life. Since the DVD recorded but wildly circulated confession of Mrs. Juliet came out, I am deeply disappointed with the childish manner ........ ....... handled the mess. Pastor ......... during his Church crusade few weeks ago at Mbaise allegedly asked his members not to watch the DVD. He even purportedly called down divine curses on those watching the film. Last week, the same Church went with trucks of Mobile policemen and their own ...... mopols to Alaba Market Lagos to intimidate and arrest those that are mass dubbing the DVDs. It nearly endedup in bloodshed. It is unfortunate that they did not realize that someone like me watched mine via the internet.
..... ..... Church ought to have come out with their own version of story than using threats, curses and intimidation. The public opinion greatly favors Mrs. Juliet because she is seen as both the victim and the underdog. People have sympathy for such people. Pastor...... ....... and the entire elders of ........ are 1000% wrong for using the picture of a married woman as a harlot.Even if she confessed to them as they are claiming she did, it is against both ministerial and counseling ethics to share the picture, name or identity of a counselee with a third party talk less of the whole world. It is like a doctor pasting a picture and name of his HIV/AIDS patient on his notice board. The ...... ..... Church must publicly apologize to her, her family and friends for that breach of confidentiality and also for using her picture as a mad man! The Church must admit that they are not above mistakes and ask those they abused and maltreated to forgive and forget. They will also withdraw all litigations against their ex-members from law courts. God will grant them wisdom and grace to stand firm and admit errors as human beings because even angels made mistakes!

see what the Bible says
mathew 5:
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad(not fighting back): for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Acts 5:41
And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.
Re: Should A Church Resort To Violence When Persecuted ??? by tobechi74: 10:39am On Sep 05, 2013
The kindom of God suffereth violence....take it by fire by force
Re: Should A Church Resort To Violence When Persecuted ??? by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 05, 2013
tobechi74: The kindom of God suffereth violence....take it by fire by force
No
Re: Should A Church Resort To Violence When Persecuted ??? by Pygru: 8:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
Re: Should A Church Resort To Violence When Persecuted ??? by Pygru: 10:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
tobechi74: The kindom of God suffereth violence....take it by fire by force
do you support what the church did?
Re: Should A Church Resort To Violence When Persecuted ??? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2013
@ Pygru , I thought that was the church you attend, lol. tongue grin cool grin grin
Re: Should A Church Resort To Violence When Persecuted ??? by Pygru: 11:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
frosbel: @ Pygru , I thought that was the church you attend, lol. tongue grin cool grin grin
no.
pygru ain't a fanatic.
Btw, Pygru is more disposed to DL lipsrsealed
Re: Should A Church Resort To Violence When Persecuted ??? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
jesus and his dad resorted to violence.
even your redemption came through violence.
christianity is violence.
Re: Should A Church Resort To Violence When Persecuted ??? by manlucky: 8:22am On Sep 06, 2013
dis is our problem here in nigeria,we dnt beliv in Gods time,we beliv in quick miracles dat is why our fake pastors goin further 2 deceive us,jst neel down nd pray d almighty God in heaven wil never let u down,stop worshipin church but God only
Re: Should A Church Resort To Violence When Persecuted ??? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:39am On Sep 06, 2013
Christian with their cherry picking. What happen to this verse?

Matthew 10:34
King James Version (KJV)
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Jesus attacks men who cheat in the Temple yes or no?
Re: Should A Church Resort To Violence When Persecuted ??? by Pygru: 8:13am On Sep 07, 2013
Hebrews 12:14
King James Version (KJV)
14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

(1) (Reply)

Why Should Christians Go To Church? How Important Is It? / A Prophecy For Nigeria By Bill Hammond. / Dolce & Gabbana Attack The Gay Community Saying Children Are Not For Gays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.