Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Do Churches Pay Tax? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Churches Pay Tax? (1133 Views)

Should Churches And Mosque Be Made To Pay Tax To Boost Nigeria's Economy? / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? / Why Do Churches Pay Their Instrumentalists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Churches Pay Tax? by write2obi(m): 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
Thou I believe non-profitable organisations like churches are not supposed to pay taxes, but churches these days are very much profitable especially here in Nigeria, Churches now setup Schools, Hospitals that yields millions, General Overseer's now cruising around the world in the finest jets.
Do you all think they should start paying taxes?
Re: Do Churches Pay Tax? by write2obi(m): 8:33am On Apr 25, 2015
sad
Re: Do Churches Pay Tax? by An2elect2(f): 9:31am On Apr 25, 2015
Those business moguls are supposed to be behind bars for scam and deceit of the common Nigerian.

Taxing them will only encourage their seedy, dubious and shady "church" businesses making it look right.

I am of the view, that these robbers should be made to face criminal charges in court when they are caught. Yea smiley
Re: Do Churches Pay Tax? by write2obi(m): 10:15am On Apr 25, 2015
An2elect2:
Those business moguls are supposed to be behind bars for scam and deceit of the common Nigeria.

Taxing them will only encourage their seedy, dubious and shady "church" businesses making it look right.

I am of the view, that these robbers should be made to face criminal charges in court when they are caught. Yea smiley
Well i do feel your pain, but they are not really doing anything legally wrong, not like they point a gun to our head and collect our money, they just shout "hallelujah" and we part with our money grin . All am saying is since they now run it like businesses they should be made to pay taxes like other businesses.
Re: Do Churches Pay Tax? by An2elect2(f): 10:48am On Apr 25, 2015
write2obi:

Well i do feel your pain, but they are not really doing anything legally wrong, not like they point a gun to our head and collect our money, they just shout "hallelujah" and we part with our money grin . All am saying is since they now run it like businesses they should be made to pay taxes like other businesses.

hehehe i didn't know someone must point " a gun to our head and collect our money" first before they are called robbers, fraudsters, scammers, etc. Like seriously? then we are in trouble.

If this world was sane, we would see these acts for what they are. Nothing less than extortion.

You know why i feel, these modern day entrepreneurs in Christendom should be jailed, cos they are taking from "us" way too much than they are giving out. "We" part with our hard earned money and what do we get in return, lies upon lies, saying things God never said. And do they get at "us" hell yes! more than we can even imagine. "We" the gullible and faithful members suffer grossly from their wickedness.

Now is that fair? smiley
Re: Do Churches Pay Tax? by write2obi(m): 11:01am On Apr 25, 2015
An2elect2:

hehehe i didn't know someone must point " a gun to our head and collect our money" first before they are called robbers, fraudsters, scammers, etc. Like seriously? then we are in trouble.

If this world was sane, we would see these acts for what they are. Nothing less than extortion.

You know why i feel, these modern day entrepreneurs in Christendom should be jailed, cos they are taking from "us" way to much than they are giving out. "We" part with our hard earned money and what do we get in return, lies upon lies, saying things God never said. And do they get at "us" hell yes! more than we can even imagine. "We" the gullible and faithful members suffer grossly from their wickedness.

Now is that fair? smiley
It's certainly not fair , but try to look at it from my point of veiw, i said they did not point a gun to our head to take our money, because they really did not sad . Don't get me wrong, am not saying what they are doing is right , but how can u arrest someone at this age and time for running his business.
Re: Do Churches Pay Tax? by An2elect2(f): 12:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
write2obi:

It's certainly not fair , but try to look at it from my point of veiw, i said they did not point a gun to our head to take our money, because they really did not sad . Don't get me wrong, am not saying what they are doing is right , [s]but how can u arrest someone at this age and time for running his business[/s].

Let's agree to disagree smiley
Re: Do Churches Pay Tax? by tablu: 1:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
An2elect2:

You know why i feel, these modern day entrepreneurs in Christendom should be jailed, cos they are taking from "us" way too much than they are giving out. "We" part with our hard earned money and what do we get in return, lies upon lies, saying things God never said. And do they get at "us" hell yes! more than we can even imagine. "We" the gullible and faithful members suffer grossly from their wickedness.

Now is that fair? smiley
Dont worry God will hold them accountable on the last day!
Re: Do Churches Pay Tax? by tablu: 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
write2obi:

It's certainly not fair , but try to look at it from my point of veiw, i said they did not point a gun to our head to take our money, because they really did not sad . Don't get me wrong, am not saying what they are doing is right , but how can u arrest someone at this age and time for running his business.
Are u justifyin the point that it has become a business venture? Then I guess they should be arrested for tax evasion because even christ said give to ceasar what belomgs to him.
Re: Do Churches Pay Tax? by An2elect2(f): 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
tablu:

Yes!!! someone got it! smiley
Re: Do Churches Pay Tax? by write2obi(m): 2:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
tablu:
Are justifyin the point that it has become a business venture? Then I guess they should be arrested for tax evasion because even christ said give to ceasar what belomgs to him.
That's what am saying, they should start paying tax, Because to me its multi million profitable business
Re: Do Churches Pay Tax? by write2obi(m): 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2015
tablu:
grin but before that, don't you think they should be made to pay taxes for all the money they are making from the various business they are running under the church umbrella?
Re: Do Churches Pay Tax? by tablu: 2:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
write2obi:

That's what am saying, they should start paying tax, Because to me its multi million profitable business
let God be the judge afterall he is not after our earthly and material gains...
Re: Do Churches Pay Tax? by tablu: 2:50pm On Apr 25, 2015
write2obi:

grin but before that, don't you think they should be made to pay taxes for all the money they are making from the various business they are running under the church umbrella?
Allow then to exploit this advantage, it will run there stomachs eventually...Gods time is the best!

(1) (Reply)

Going To Work On A Sunday, What's Ur Opinion? / Worst Lie / I Don't Trust God, So I Carry Gun To Church - Catholic Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.