Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties (34266 Views)

Caption This Female Hairstyle / Nigerian Female Celebrities Wearing Native Outfits ( Photos ) / (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Tayeni(m): 7:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Tayeni(m): 7:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
obadiah777: end time tinz
obadiah.....I think you r deeper than this......that line is becoming stupidd. Don't join them! Let it just die. How you dey Bro?
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by biolabee(m): 7:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
Yes bros, mums did it in addition to their perms

Not so much chemicals

Good days

passionate88: Mr. Biola, some of these hair the women add thread o, I remember when my mama plait her own for 1975, na there I see am
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by MostHigh: 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
Tayeni: obadiah.....I think you r deeper than this......that line is becoming stupidd. Don't join them! Let it just die. How you dey Bro?

Someones scared now smiley
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
If naija chics start rocking these hairstyles, best believe 90% of them would look fuglier than flava flav.

Please, don't kill their hustle and rise to fame - Brazilian hair is working just fine! wink
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Tayeni(m): 7:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
MostHigh:

Someones scared now smiley
not scared Bro.....if e go end ......make e end joo. All join. D only thing I'm scared of is if my well respected friend is going loony.......lol
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
I like! I like! Wow! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Orikinla(m): 7:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
uj_sizzle: puff puff grin
This one is Ekaete's style.
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by miky(m): 7:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
So beautiful.. What's the essence of going for these confused women with hair from another lady.. Are you saying yours is not beautiful or elegant enough? A mindset like that is poisonous.. Rather be with a Brazilian chick European chick or lady who appreciates her own beauty..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
miky: So beautiful.. What's the essence of going for these confused women with hair from another lady.. Are you saying yours is not beautiful or elegant enough? A mindset like that is poisonous.. Rather be with a Brazilian chick European chick or lady who appreciates her own beauty..

Err...It's called UMC (universal mind control). And everything boils down to the widely accepted standard of beauty. However, truth be told, most of these chics out there definitely don't have what it takes to rock them. Unless you want to start seeing tons of weirdos running amok everywhere.

Also, subconsciously, I doubt you would be attracted to chics with these hairstyles, if your mindset isn't Afrocentric. So it's better to let them be with their Brazilian hair.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by snthesis(m): 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
life_style: Better than brazilian hair! cheesy
u mean cheaper ryt?
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by judedwriter(m): 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2013
scipher: Days when virgins full ground.. you go see omoluabi marry cry
. No wonda one breaded senator dey advocate make we marry pickin wink
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Confusion: 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
Say No

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by lolaluv1(f): 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
SMH at all these guys screaming that girls are now fake and saying they prefer the 'au natural' look.

How many of you have picked India.Arie over Beyonce. How many of you would pick Alek Wek over Tyra?
Yimu!
Y'all are just a confused, discombobulated lot!cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by kashflynn(m): 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
ceosville: angry Where are all those girls who are Crazy for Brazilian Hair? See as this Chicks (Sorry, Awa Mama) are looking Pretty! You say you wan look like lion/goat? OYO for Una oh cheesy
so u classify dis masquerade as Beautiful?? Why dont u ask ur mom, GF, sis... To fix any of d above.. Instead of attacking our lovely, beautiful and sleek looks of our nigerian lady 2day, even dough some dey do am excesses.. Which am sure u still stand and stair wen ever 1 passes u by.... #hypocrites...
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
lola.luv:
SMH at all these guys screaming that girls are now fake and saying they prefer the 'au natural' look.

How many of you have picked India.Arie over Beyonce. How many of you would pick Alek Wek over Tyra?
Yimu!
Y'all are just a confused, discombobulated lot!cheesy

That's an unfair comparison.

How about let's compare Beyonce to either Esperanza Spalding or Erykah Badu?

I definitely would pick both over Beyonce everyday of the week.

Erykah Badu batty alone is enough!
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Bukwazy(f): 9:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hw wil som1 wyt dat first hairstyle slip @ night undecided
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Hoodrat(m): 9:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
Moji12: Na wa ooo,some pple are jus damn hypocrite if someone shd wear dat kind of hair style now,d frst impression will be dat she b SU or d lady is a broke she can't even afford to do a better hair.See wetin she dey carry for head in dis 21st abi na 31st century.To round it up will u even look ma side?will u not call me an Ngbeke,giving dose with brazillian hair all d attention.Abeg make I hear word jare.

Dear mojisola most of what you wrote are based on the kind of society you live in and all this are mindset of people who arent sub cautious neither were they comfortable with the beauty they possessed Hence the need to stress the eurocentric agenda into the mind of the young african souls. To back it up i am an afrocentric and to an african like me theres nothing more beautiful and fulfilling than a natural looking black women. We have the best hair and beautiful skin to be proud of.

Where i live in europe you need to see the rate which white people go to suntan and spend all their week just to get a 2% of the skin our men and women trying to bleach off. Nothing more disgusting than Seeing a black women with the garbage or rag called weavon/wig is like justifying slavery and humiliation of my people. I personally believe trying to change your appearance to be who you are not because of the society you live in is lack of self worth, self hate which qualify you as a living robot and twice as stupid, evil as the society that made you hate yourself. At the end of the day everybody wants someone who appreciate his/her own beauty so to me it makes a zero sense trying to be someone you are not.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Shugarlipz(f): 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
;DImmediately I saw dix pix, I started laffing. Well thank God say I don barb ma hair... grin
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
kashflynn: so u classify dis masquerade as Beautiful?? Why dont u ask ur mom, GF, sis... To fix any of d above.. Instead of attacking our lovely, beautiful and sleek looks of our nigerian lady 2day, even dough some dey do am excesses.. Which am sure u still stand and stair stare wen ever 1 passes u by.... #hypocrites...
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hoodrat:

Dear mojisola most of what you wrote are based on the kind of society you live in and all this are mindset of people who arent sub cautious neither were they comfortable with the beauty they possessed Hence the need to stress the eurocentric agenda into the mind of the young african souls. To back it up i am an afrocentric and to an african like me theres nothing more beautiful and fulfilling than a natural looking black women. We have the best hair and beautiful skin to be proud of.

Where i live in europe you need to see the rate which white people go to suntan and spend all their week just to get a 2% of the skin our men and women trying to bleach off. Nothing more disgusting than Seeing a black women with the garbage or rag called weavon/wig is like justifying slavery and humiliation of my people. I personally believe trying to change your appearance to be who you are not because of the society you live in is lack of self worth, self hate which qualify you as a living robot and twice as stupid, evil as the society that made you hate yourself. At the end of the day everybody wants someone who appreciate his/her own beauty so to me it makes a zero sense trying to be someone you are not.
cool (sorry I quoted the whole post) embarassed
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by litetias(m): 11:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
passionate88: eyah, no cry again. Sm still remain for ground. U need to search wit ur eyes open, bt u need to deserve am b4 u fit get am
How do you deserve a virgin?
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
Yield:

I've tried the first one on my hair a couple of years ago. I told my mom to buy me the threads when she went to Naija. She said it was really hard to find the threads at first because girls there don't do that kinda hairstyle anymore. When I did them, they came out great, I just need to get better at starting them firmer from the roots & tying the knot at the end. I wasn't afraid to wear them out, nope. They didn't stick up like in the picture though, mine fell down on my face and they looked just fine. I loved the way they looked. I still have a bunch of the threads, yay! I'm going to do them again next month. I'm really really excited, lol.

Sister, hi five to you. We need to embrace some of these forgotten styles at times.

I'm wearing my threading hairstyle for some days now; I just wanted to try something different.

My next threading style is to use wool for knitting as thread esp. the coloured one(dull colour-brown).

PS: when next you do yours, include your hair band with bow to "ROCK" the style.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by fankasibe: 11:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
Omo_Alata: how do they sleep at night?
they sleep standing.
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by SHAAWA: 11:25pm On Sep 05, 2013
The guys here are making some 'strong' comments. Can someone pls get us some men hair cuts in d sixties?
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by ThaProphet(m): 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
Indeed these need to be re-introduced. You make a very good point about the guys though. Many of us are hypocrites and only have eyes for girls who wear 'hair hats'.

kreami diva: I'm making one of them one of these days. Someone needs to re-introduce it. tongue

Meanwhile,all these guys wey dey this thread dey talk anyhow will go after a lady with brazilian hair and call anyone wearing these other hairstyles mgbeke or village girl. If u guys like it,ask your girlfriends to make it make we see wetin go happen kiss
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by ThaProphet(m): 11:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
Some of those extravagant ones are obviously for ceremonial purposes only. Back then with the many ceremonies, it only makes sense that ladies show off what they can do with their own hair.

Bukwazy: Hw wil som1 wyt dat first hairstyle slip @ night undecided
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by ThaProphet(m): 12:02am On Sep 06, 2013
Well, I have made up my mind that I will only marry a lady who rocks and loves her own hair. Not because of anything else other than the love of black hair texture...it grows upwards, not downwards. I have to admit that you are right about guys though, most will not go near a lady with natural hair yet we complain about those with weaves.

kenyattamoore:

would you date a woman with that hairstyle?be honest

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by annnu: 12:02am On Sep 06, 2013
scipher: Days when virgins full ground.. you go see omoluabi marry cry

se u wey dey look for virgin... still be virgin.?
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by bethnals: 12:50am On Sep 06, 2013
i can only marry a girl that rocks natural hair. To me Girls that wear gogoro/gele/hijab look finer than girls with brazillian weave and even natural european hair. Anything else is na wash 4 me.

To be honest all them glamour model looking girls that i see in naija these days just screams FAKE 2 me. Hence not marriageable. Ni99as want humble chicks not flashy ones.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 06, 2013
ThaProphet: Well, I have made up my mind that I will only marry a lady who rocks and loves her own hair. Not because of anything else other than the love of black hair texture...it grows upwards, not downwards. I have to admit that you are right about guys though, most will not go near a lady with natural hair yet we complain about those with weaves.

I'm in love with the texture of black hair too, but not all grow upward tho lol...mine always grown down, can't stand that shizz.
I've seen a shift where more women are embracing their natural hair where i am and i think its pretty awesome.
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by ThaProphet(m): 1:04am On Sep 06, 2013
Actually you are right...there are some that grow downwards. Does yours have to reach a certain length before dropping down or it just grows straight down? Completely right about the natural hair shift. From where I am as well, more ladies are beginning to rock the hair that freely grows on their heads.

caribchic:

I'm in love with the texture of black hair too, but not all grow upward tho lol...mine always grown down, can't stand that shizz.
I've seen a shift where more women are embracing their natural hair where i am and i think its pretty awesome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mr And Miss Nigeria International 2016 Finalist In Their Tradition Attires / Meet The Queen Of Aso Nigeria 2015 Contestants- Photos / Worm-infested Weaves Now In The Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.