Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? (26966 Views)

Here Are Some silly Questions People Ask / Things You Believed To Be True When You Where Little!! / Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 06, 2013

God, Santa, Humanity.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by moviedoor7: 5:45pm On Sep 06, 2013
I believed that if you whistle at night, you are calling snake to ur house.

I also believed the if you look in the mirror after 12:00am you will see a spirit.

i always believed when my elders threatened to called Ojuju for me each time i misbehaved.

And i believed that Bar beach Water and regular water dont mix together.

Lastly, i used to believed in a so called 3days darkness, b4 the world ends. i wonder whatever happened to that story.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
....that the orange seed I swallowed will grow in my stomach and our village househelp didn't help matters,always waking me up in d midnite to say my last prayers and counting down to the number of days I have to live.then my parents were out of the country *smh* mtchewwwwwwwww it really wasn't funny
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by dplomaticVal: 5:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
believed that leaders have our best interest @ heart
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
I believed any fruit's seed I swallowed ll grow out on top of my head. If you laughed @ a dwarf, you ll become a dwarf yourself. I believed Chucky was real.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
When it suddenly gets all quiet, an angel is passing.

When it's bright and raining at the same time, an elephant is giving birth.

If you swallow an orange or guava seed, a tree will grow in your belly.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by iterator25: 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
Heyliesha: wat did rose do?
are u a learner?
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
Don't sweep at night. You are inviting evil spirits.

Don't let a boy hit you at the back. Your bweats would grow big.

Don't look at the mirror at night. You'd see ghosts.

Wash your plates and keep your corner clean, if not madam koi koi would slap you when she comes at night grin.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by iterator25: 5:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
dplomaticVal: believed that leaders have our best interest @ heart
OYO
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
grin grin so true but I didn't prostrate. Hated my natural gap tooth then cuz my brothers will always tell me I used d the tooth to buy sweet while I was in the womb! so I always try to use chewing gum to create a replacement
FOLYKAZE: I used to prostrate to red head lizard when I lost my teeth.

I belief throwing the removed teeth on the roof with seven stones and also begging the lizard not to remove it again will make my teeth intact.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
I believed everybody tells the truth! Not until I got to secondary school!

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 06, 2013
1.i remember probably age 5,while watchn cartoon (justice league/superman)where j.l crew fight in some space or planet with an evil one nd all stuffs go wrong lyk bombings,destructions..i'll be lyk"chuks,are they really bombing d earth?"and e goes"yeah,they are"ha!what will naw hapn to us?will we die?""maybe".....lyk criously i believd cartoons were happening real.
2.i swallow a seed,i grow a tree.
3.i leave my teeth 4 lizard to c,i go toothless.
4.i go out in the night,ojuju calabar would take me away.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Esolver1(m): 5:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
uj_sizzle:

*If u stood up while eating all the food would settle on your feet.grin

I laugh whenever i remember this. Old people with their Old mentality.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
I belived dat oversea iz in heaven
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Ukeachu1(m): 6:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
u too wise. that's y
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Osarieme415(m): 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
I believed eating garri and mango at the same time was sure to terminate one's life.
French kissing a girl could get her pregnant

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Timichael(m): 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
I used to believe dat anybody dat puts on suit z a pastor, it continued til i was bought 1 4 christmas wit a canvas dat has light attached 2 its soles.
Dat when rain falls God and d Angels av jst finished dia meals nd wa washing dia hands.

2 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
I convincingly used to think that BLUE was meant to be GREEN and vice versa. When I watched movies then as a child and America was fighting with Vietnam or China, I would be so eager to see them come together and unite back, and perhaps tell the viewers, "we are just acting o"
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by UjSizzle(f): 6:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
Emmadani: Leke-leke give me ten white fingers.Lol.
lol it's Chekelele grin
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 6:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
A verse in the bible
Which says “some trust in chariot and some trust in horse“
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by tomber(m): 6:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
i believed children who wore glasses were more intelligent

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by sam13(m): 6:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
mickyarams: I used to believe a thunder lightning meant God was taking our picture grin
ha ha ha i did heard that too
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by fulanigirl(f): 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
I still believe hiding my head under the cover would keep the monsters away. I still do it after watching a scary movie at night
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by cannonnier(m): 6:12pm On Sep 06, 2013
i once ask my uncle "how does it rain?" "he told me that there was a cow in the moon, and whenever it piss that when we rain" uncle can lie.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by UjSizzle(f): 6:12pm On Sep 06, 2013
emusmith: You were really a mumu sha o...lol
And you're an irredeemable mo.r.on smiley
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Symphony007: 6:14pm On Sep 06, 2013
When i was very little, i use to think when it rains, God is pouring galons and galons of water on the earth.

I also belived when anything i'm eating lands on the ground, the devil has tasted it so i don't dare pick it to eat again.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by woky: 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
i blive dat babies do come out 4rm d amus
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by christaddicted: 6:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
When I was a little boy;
I believed that if i don't share my biscuit with my elderly siblings i'll go to hell.
I believed that a woman becomes pregnant when overfed.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Skillz4u(m): 6:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
ITbomb: I believed that the first woman was born with a dick but because of disobedience , God cut it off. They later warn me that if I let any girl outside my family members see my dick, it will disappear and I will become a girl.
I kept to that warning diligently untill . . .
. . . . Rose, our househelp came.
u b bad boi but u made ma day sha

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
1. When you lie on d bed with a girl she may get prgnant.

2. My village was another world where ppl r born old.

3.There is a world where vehicles live in freedom, that they are slaves on earth.

Etc.

I can just remember this three, will continue when I remember some more.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
I really really believed in Santa Claus. I was almost (gulp lipsrsealed) an adult when I realized there was no such thing. I cried myself to sleep that night!

I believed that if I was bad, there was an evil spirit under my bed to carry me away where bad kids where! tongue
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Bond008(m): 6:39pm On Sep 06, 2013
russianmob27: believed in Hell fire
Its real man!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Great Photographs Collected From History 2. / Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) / A Snake Killed In My Lodge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.