Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,552 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? (26987 Views)

Here Are Some silly Questions People Ask / Things You Believed To Be True When You Where Little!! / Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Christmasdon(m): 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
.believed that women pee from their vagin.a not knowing it's from their urethra. (Thus women have 3 holes namely. Vagin.a, Anus, and urethra where pee comes out.)

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by adicious(m): 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
i used to think israel, egypt... are all in heaven

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Yinkatu: 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
;DI was so dumb in 1980 to believe that my class teacher was going to take us to the moon in 1983 if we passed Common Extrance Examination to Fed Govt College. We were supposed to be in Form 3 by then but he promised to come fetch us.

-I told my kids when they were toddlers that all the goats around were children that took sweets from strangers, they never took things from even my siblings without my permission

-Remember if you stretch you hand our to catch rain water and the thunder stricks, the hand will remain like that forever.

-Don't play "Ayo game" in the night else your eyes will look like the Ayo seeds.

-My dead baby brother travelled to London, he's yet to return after all these years

-If you eat by the doorstep you will never be filled and satified

-Pa Awolowo and the wife were in the moon

-Tortoise could talk, eat, steal and pray pranks

-We get hungry because of the snakes in our tummies and worms are baby snakes

-Monkey was an impatient man during creation

-If you eat rice too much it will grow on your head

-Dull children eat fish head

-You eat egg yolk, you eat chicken but if you eat the egg white you've merely taken the feathers

-My brother avoided "amala" in order not be dark skinned

4 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by camizzy(f): 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2013
*use 2 believe in d tooth fairy...but 4 sum reason wen i went 2 camp,ma tooth came off..d next morning i looked under ma pillow only 2 find ma tooth still there nd not ma usual 20naira
*ma mom always made me give her money i received frm visitors wit d promise dat she wanted 2 use it 2 buy sumtin called" shares"..still waiting 4 d "shares"
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by quivah(f): 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
kennybelle: .Fishes fall from the sky wenever it rains
that ain't silly,except the 'whenever'..
@post ,, I believed whenever i offend mum,dropping a hair outta my eye brows on the ground for my mum to step over would made her forget about beating me..
That i'd have sour throat whenever I spit on the floor and someone stepped on it(I believed this till last 2 years)
That one would get epilepsy when wall geckos'body/body water come in contact with the humanbody.

Mehn!!
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by valony(m): 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
vanessa566: I thought he came from congo

like seriously!? Back in early primary school days those days; i thought i he came from Rome cos my school was catholic. But also had doubts about it is identity cos he always came in my headmaster's beetle and the headmaster simply disappears during dat period.
I was really bothered by this as an inquisitive kid that i was and tried to confirm my suspicion by pulling off d beard on 1occasion but was stopped b4 i could. But THANK GOD d next year d white beard fell off while i was watching and i was disillusioned.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by boniflex(m): 8:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
I believed p u ssy was a cat
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by niggi4life(m): 8:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
uj_sizzle: I remember watching Bill Cosby's 'Kids Say', and it occurred to me how as kids we had some real weird imaginations, had silly things we believed or just swallowed the lies our parents and elder kids told us hook line and sinker; ofcourse until aftersometime in our adult life we realized we'd been real silly grin

Here are a list of things I thought and believed...
You can add yours too tongue

*I believed in the Tooth fairy(courtesy of cartoons), only ish was in Nigeria our tooth fairies were actually rats. Mum would tell me to keep my tooth safe after it'd fallen off or the rats would eat it and i'll have rat teeth cry. I guarded my tooth with my life.

*I always wondered how Santa would drop me gifts since we didn't have a chimney. I bothered dad so much about adding a chimney to the roof for Santa n begged him to buy a Christmas tree too. I got the tree but not the chimney, and I never saw Santa.

*Everytime I saw Always sanitary pad advert, i'd ask mum why they poured that blue liquid on it. When I saw her own pad I was so excited, I spent over a week searching for where she hid the blue liquid. I got a lashing for all my troubles undecided

*My dad is dark and mum fair. I have two fair siblings, while my bro n I are dark skinned. I concluded dad birthed us and mum had the other two.

*When I finally discovered only women had kids, I kept wondering why we were dark. My little mind concluded the doctors colored us whichever way our parents wanted. I was gonna have red babies like the red Indians cool

*When I was 6, my classmate told me we could turn cabin biscuit to chocolate by frying. I got home and emptied half a pack of cabin in the pan--all I got was charred biscuit afterwards. I still believed I had done it wrong till I turned 10..before I finally realized that cabins weren't chocolates grin

*After a bout of chicken pox, I refused to eat chicken for the next 5yrs...my parents had to convince me I hadn't contracted it from an actual chicken tongue

*I believed covering my head with a blanket would keep the monsters away embarassed

*Things acted in Sci Fi movies were real. I wondered why our car couldn't fly.

*Whenever I swallowed an orange seed, i'd go to sleep really scared wondering when the tree would grow outta my belly.

*If u stood up while eating all the food would settle on your feet.

*Food sacrifices left in the center of a 3-way junction were taken away by real spirits grin
hahahahhahahah, thank u for making my evening, i laughed hennnnn. OMG!!! U are so funny
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by nyonye: 8:35pm On Sep 06, 2013
uj_sizzle: I remember watching Bill Cosby's 'Kids Say', and it occurred to me how as kids we had some real weird imaginations, had silly things we believed or just swallowed the lies our parents and elder kids told us hook line and sinker; ofcourse until aftersometime in our adult life we realized we'd been real silly grin

Here are a list of things I thought and believed...
You can add yours too tongue

*I believed in the Tooth fairy(courtesy of cartoons), only ish was in Nigeria our tooth fairies were actually rats. Mum would tell me to keep my tooth safe after it'd fallen off or the rats would eat it and i'll have rat teeth cry. I guarded my tooth with my life.

*I always wondered how Santa would drop me gifts since we didn't have a chimney. I bothered dad so much about adding a chimney to the roof for Santa n begged him to buy a Christmas tree too. I got the tree but not the chimney, and I never saw Santa.

*Everytime I saw Always sanitary pad advert, i'd ask mum why they poured that blue liquid on it. When I saw her own pad I was so excited, I spent over a week searching for where she hid the blue liquid. I got a lashing for all my troubles undecided

*My dad is dark and mum fair. I have two fair siblings, while my bro n I are dark skinned. I concluded dad birthed us and mum had the other two.

*When I finally discovered only women had kids, I kept wondering why we were dark. My little mind concluded the doctors colored us whichever way our parents wanted. I was gonna have red babies like the red Indians cool

*When I was 6, my classmate told me we could turn cabin biscuit to chocolate by frying. I got home and emptied half a pack of cabin in the pan--all I got was charred biscuit afterwards. I still believed I had done it wrong till I turned 10..before I finally realized that cabins weren't chocolates grin

*After a bout of chicken pox, I refused to eat chicken for the next 5yrs...my parents had to convince me I hadn't contracted it from an actual chicken tongue

*I believed covering my head with a blanket would keep the monsters away embarassed

*Things acted in Sci Fi movies were real. I wondered why our car couldn't fly.

*Whenever I swallowed an orange seed, i'd go to sleep really scared wondering when the tree would grow outta my belly.

*If u stood up while eating all the food would settle on your feet.

*Food sacrifices left in the center of a 3-way junction were taken away by real spirits grin
I dont believe that your always stories, those days women used tissues, and nobody advertise always.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by nyonye: 8:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
boniflex: I believed p u ssy was a cat
hahahaha, i think it still is.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by sunday478(m): 8:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
My name is sunday, but when ever my mum or dad are refering to another sunday's mum, let say my mum said mama Sunday from PH, o always thought that is my real mother the are talking about
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by harlos: 8:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
iterator25: it's true afterall sad
you still believe that
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by gbengaola: 8:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
1)That guys always broke the heart of ladies,but I grew up to know it is 50/50 no cheating
2)That if thunder strikes and ur back is placed at the wall,the thunder will throw u away
3)That the longer u draw a line on the ground,the longer ur mum's bosom would become
4)If u opened ur 5 fingers to someone even without speaking,they assumed u were saying UR FATHER,UR MOTHER
5)Eating the insects inside the beans would make u grow taller,so this made me to stop separating bad looking beans from my rice and beans
6)If a classmate throws DUSTER at u and the chalk particles settle on ur head u would automatically become a dullard
7)It remained only 1 day for the monkey to turn to human.
And lots more,one love.

2 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by unmask: 8:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
I fell for the thunder balogun ish (still believe it) story I was told was modified thus: india had scored 99 goals, with all their juju tricks, then thunder balogun got a shooting chance as he was about to shoot with his right leg, his wife shouted from the stand REMEMBER YOUR LEFT LEG!!!!....

He shot with his left leg, the shot tore the keepers belly and tore the net....was later told the keeper was his brother.

Was told if I didnt throw my tooth on the roof it wouldnt grow back

a time I killed a chick and my brother told me the spirit will come and attack me (hugged my grand ma all nyt) and waited for the spirit to come take me.....choi I saw everything moving that nyt.....had "chickenmares" like crazy

if your food falls on the floor don't eat it, cos devil has eaten it......believed that till d day my mr biggs meat pie hit the floor after the first bite (I consoled myself with the thought that I grabbed it so fast devil couldn't have gotten to it first)

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
How come I never experienced all these? Guess I grew up too quickly... Smh cry
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by UjSizzle(f): 8:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
nyonye: I dont believe that your always stories, those days women used tissues, and nobody advertise always.
lol what days?? Do u even know my age?? Pls Always has been here longer than you know...it just wasn't in the regular ultra pack we know now.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Ensquare(m): 9:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
* I beleive dt my Mum gave birth to Dad
* dt mum normally gave birth thro anus
* an old man dt ws taken to d moon frm earth while he ws trying to pieces firewood on a sabathday

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by MissOpe(f): 9:12pm On Sep 06, 2013
I was wondering how my Mum had a big tummy(She was pregnant)....I then concluded that pregnancy occurs when u eat a whole lot of food......I was so exited that my mum was gonna have many children.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by steveec122(m): 9:14pm On Sep 06, 2013
1.That Jesus Christ took pictures that we see today.
2.That the date we count today started from the beginning of the World-never knew it was After Jesus Days on Earth.
3.That Dec 25 was actually the birthday of Jesus Christ.
4.That Married couples must put a ring according to Gods commandment.
5.That girls must pierce their ear for earring.
6.That the months of the year are in the bible and January is actually the beginning.
7.That nothing good can be learnt from the Life of a Muslim.
8.That whatever a 'Celebrity' does is ok-good.
9.That God is only interested in our hearts not how we dress ourselves.
10.That Pastors are perfect beings.
11.That I should 'fear' God to avoid Hell, instead of Love God as his Child.
12.That God is interested to see a sinner roast in Hell fire for 'eternity'.
13.That if everyone is doing it, it is ok.
14.That my Free will and convenience comes first before what God is saying in my conscience.

I have learnt that ignorance is the highest killer. Yes!. I have learnt a lot in life- and still need to Learn.

2 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by namis007: 9:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
1.My mum said my sis will get pregnant if any man touches her during her period. 2. I always thought god magically puts a baby in my mums tummy wen she wants a baby and also women deliver babies through opening of the stomach with a knife. 3. I also believe then that the actors realy die in real life after watchin "living in bondage". 4. Spittin in the toilet makes one get a sore throat, still believe dat one tho.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Kelklein(m): 9:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
whenever there is a rainbow, a lion is giving birth somewhere at the base of the rainbow
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Isiterere(m): 9:17pm On Sep 06, 2013
pumpingmachine: me too. I used to strike a pose. I remember when my hand was on a girl's bossom and thunder struck. I felt sick for weeks cos of the evidence waiting for me
Gosh! Hillarious
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Isiterere(m): 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
Atmospher: I alway wonder where a child comes frm when a woman is pregnant, and i was told and i believed that dey come frm the anus. I also believed that wen u teeth falls off, u must throw it on the roof of a house, otherwise it will never grow back. I also believed that women gets pregnant wen a male pee into their organs during intercourse; i tried it, did not work and the bigger boys then told me i did it wrong.
@bolded did u actually did that? and d gal allow you ?
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by lalaboi(m): 9:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ojuju Calabar undecided
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by dejijohns(m): 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
ITbomb: I believed that the first woman was born with a dick but because of disobedience , God cut it off. They later warn me that if I let any girl outside my family members see my dick, it will disappear and I will become a girl.
I kept to that warning diligently untill . . .
. . . . Rose, our househelp came.
Lmao!!! Bro, d tori neva finish na. Wot apend??
#winks#

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by nwaobitex: 9:56pm On Sep 06, 2013
when my bro would tell me dat wen someone jumps over me and refuses to jump over me again, i would nt grow again angrywhen my bro would tell me dat wen someone jumps over me and refuses to jump over me again, i would nt grow again

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Eureka007: 10:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
uj_sizzle:

I still think this is true shocked dang!
and thats why indians were penalised and suspended indefinitely from playing football bcoss they use juju.i also belive dat the ball became fire wen they played
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by rill: 10:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
Well, am still a kid....wah can I say
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by LizB2K(m): 10:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
that when one wistles, it invites snake
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by pxjosh(m): 10:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
I believed that if wat u're eating fall on the floor, u shouldn't pick it cos devil don eat am. Also believed dat the ppl i saw on tv were inside the tv set.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by subzero2(m): 10:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
uj_sizzle:
you kidding me? I thought he was from Ireland undecided
Father Christmas? Hmm... I thought he was from Zimbabwecheesy
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by harsysky(m): 10:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
Wen I was little I used to beliv that pple on tv actually sees me... So then if I was naked I wud stay at d back of d tv look for d turnoff button and turn it off...I wud say so una wan see my small p***.....

I also tot camera flash itches ones body...was rili afraid to the extent of crying till I got to primary 6..

Lemme liv d last cos tis weird...lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nairalanders E-protest Against Child Marriage: Sign your Petition Here Guys! / Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) / Great Photographs Collected From History 2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.