Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,685 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Another Christian Fallacy. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Christian Fallacy. (3907 Views)

Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist / Yet Another Christian Leader Has Allegations Of Adultery Amidst Marital Problems / The Fallacy Of "Free Will" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 3:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
According to the bible, God created Earth
before our Sun. Logically, it's absurd.

[img]http://johnosullivan.files./2012/11/sun-heats-earth-on-one-hemisphere-only.jpg[/img]

How would you justify that?

5 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
I do not think u're a Christian. Why can't u go read and undastnd d Bible. And stop bothering us with religious dichotomy.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
Msoy: I do not think u're a Christian. Why can't u go read and undastnd d Bible. And stop bothering us with religious dichotomy.
gen 1:1-3. God create light b4 creatin earth. @op, wat u'v jst posted is arrant nonsense.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 06, 2013
Where in the bible did you read that? Source pls.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
Msoy: I do not think u're a Christian. Why can't u go read and undastnd d Bible. And stop bothering us with religious dichotomy.

Obviously I'm not a Christian or I wouldn't have created this topic...duh.

Isn't it your job as a 'Christian' to make me an unbeliever to understand the intricacies and complexities of the holy scriptures?

Why are you running scared?

5 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135: Where in the bible did you read that? Source pls.

Genesis 1:3 And God said, "Let
there be light," and there was light"

That light was the Sun.

2 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
Dont insinuate. An express verse that clearly shows God created the the earth before sun in the bible.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
Msoy: gen 1:1-3. God create light b4 creatin earth. @op, wat u'v jst posted is arrant nonsense.

Genesis 2:1 And the earth was without form and void, and the darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

This verse showed that he had already created the planet itself. It was without form because of the darkness encroaching it. The void meant that it was devoid of any life(it was empty).

You don't seem to know your scriptures, do you?

6 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 3:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135: Dont insinuate. An express verse that clearly shows God created the the earth before sun in the bible.

I don't understand. Were you arguing for or against? undecided
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
It will be interesting to see who will be able to successfully justify this fallacy of biblical proportions, no pun intended.

1 Like

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2013
All am saying is scriptures never said point black that God created the sun in Genesisi chapter one.
Stop the delusion.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 3:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135: All am saying is scriptures never said point black that God created the sun in Genesisi chapter one.
Stop the delusion.

LOL! Your excuse sucks. What then did 'the light' implied if it wasn't the Sun?

2 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
Relax dude.
Am trying to show you bible never mentions the word sun in Genesis 1.
You said the sun was created in verse 3. If verse 3 of Genesis which you quoted thus:
" And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light." is where God made the sun, then what was this verse saying?
"And God said, Let
there be
lights in the
firmament....". Gen 1:14.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ray McBlue:

LOL! Your excuse sucks. What then did 'the light' implied if it wasn't the Sun?
And just to ask, every light you see is now from the sun? What of light from bulb, fire, torchlights etc?
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135: Relax dude.
Am trying to show you bible never mentions the word sun in Genesis 1.
You said the sun was created in verse 3. If verse 3 of Genesis which you quoted thus:
" And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light." is where God made the sun, then what was this verse saying?
"And God said, Let
there be
lights in the
firmament....". Gen 1:14.

Mate, the verse that God really created the Sun is secondary, the primary issue - according to the bible - is that he created the Sun after the Earth as a planet was already in existence

In that you seem to be arguing on my side.

3 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
That means you admit a flaw. Okkk... address my second post.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by UyiIredia(m): 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ray McBlue: According to the bible, God created Earth
before our Sun. Logically, it's absurd.

[img]http://johnosullivan.files./2012/11/sun-heats-earth-on-one-hemisphere-only.jpg[/img]

How would you justify that?

No. It isn't logically absurd. Logical absurdity involves a position that is self-defeating eg materialism, square circles, it is true that I'm lying. Given God, it's easy the earth could have existed before the sun.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135:
And just to ask, every light you see is now from the sun? What of light from bulb, fire, torchlights etc?

Wow...

So God invented electricity even before man officially discovered it in the 18 century?

Or maybe God created a giant pyre of bonfire that somehow illuminated the whole planet?

Mate, stop embarrassing yourself, cuz you are not making much sense.

1 Like

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2013
My point to you is since you can not basically prove that God created the "sun" in Genesis one, then your post is flawed.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 4:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135: That means you admit a flaw. Okkk... address my second post.

The flaw is irrelevant. It doesn't undermine my claim, thanks to your own quotation that backed it up.

"And God said, Let there be
lights in the firmament....".

3 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 4:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135: My point to you is since you can not basically prove that God created the "sun" in Genesis one, then your post is flawed.

Then tell me what the light in creation verses meant.

Light is synonymous with day time which in turn is synonymous with sunlight.

1 Like

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 4:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

No. It isn't logically absurd. Logical absurdity involves a position that is self-defeating eg materialism, square circles, it is true that I'm lying. Given God, it's easy the earth could have existed before the sun.

At the end of the day, it's a fallacy because earth existing before Sun is a scientific impossibility, and that's what made the logic of it all, absurd.

3 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Then tell me what the light in creation verses meant.

Light is synonymous with day time which in turn is synonymous with sunlight.
The thread was not open because you wanted to learn. You opened it with the intention of mockery.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ray McBlue:

At the end of the day, it's a fallacy because earth existing before Sun is a scientific impossibility, and that's what made the logic of it all, absurd.
And just to ask, what makes it impossible?
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135:
And just to ask, what makes it impossible?

I don't expect you to understand or agree, but I will explain anyway;

The creation of the Earth is closely tied to the formation of the solar system about five billion years ago.

The solar system condensed from a huge cloud of gas and dust, with the Sun forming as part of the cloud collapsed in on itself under the influence of gravity to the point where nuclear fusion could begin.

The Sun’s gravitational field attracted large amounts of material, which formed a disc-shaped structure around it, known as an accretion disc.

The Earth, like the other planets, was created around 4.54 billion years ago when some of the material from this disc came together to form a spherical body.

At some point early in its history, it is thought that a smaller planet collided with this body, increasing its size and resulting in the formation of the Moon.

This above is a theory.

5 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 4:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135:
The thread was not open because you wanted to learn. You opened it with the intention of mockery.

No I didn't. Believe it or not, I'm here to learn.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
And here for you to think also on since you so much believe in science.
1. What proof do you have about the five billion years "thingy"?
2. Interestingly, you used the word created which implies there is some one behind it all. Because if a thing was created, then then there must be a creator.
3. How did the glass and sand come about? How did they come in existence? And makes me wonder especially how the sand came about since the earth was not yet in existence.
4. How exactly did the sun come about? And how exactly did any component you might mention to answer the previous question come about?
5. "The Sun’s gravitational field
attracted large amounts of
material, which formed a
disc-shaped structure around it". Where did the materials it attracted come from?
6. How did you know the earth was created 4 billion years ago.
7. "At some point early in its
history, it is thought that a
smaller planet collided with
this body, increasing its size
and resulting in the formation of the Moon". It is thought? I think thats crap!

2 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ray McBlue:

No I didn't. Believe it or not, I'm here to learn.
No, you are not. If you were here to learn, you will not use the topic topic up there. You will rather ask and not conclude.

1 Like

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 5:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
@idnoble135, please kindly deviate from derailing my topic. I'm the one asking the questions not you, it's my thread after all.

I humored you at first by explaining an irrelevant issue which is off topic, and I'm not going to do so again.

Besides, if you had bothered to read my scientific explanation of how Sun precedes Earth, you wouldn't be asking such irrelevant questions.

It's obvious you have nothing else to offer.

5 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 5:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135:
No, you are not. If you were here to learn, you will not use the topic topic up there. You will rather ask and not conclude.

Irrelevant.

4 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
Oh! Am derailing? Am sorry.
*excuses him from thread*
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Irrelevant.
wharefa!
Enjoy yourself. And revel in your ignorance
*unfollows thread*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. / Where Did Christians Fetch These Doctrines From / What Does Heaven Have To Offer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.