Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

The Silent Lover - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Silent Lover (94771 Views)

Bloodline........Prologue / The Company;The Silent Battle / The Cyber Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Silent Lover by VivyGift(f): 11:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
Awww... This is sad sad . Is this wot love is all abt Dunno hw he will take this. sad

underage, I'm sure ur aware of the nomination thread. Pls kindly tell ur fans to vote for u.

1 Like

Re: The Silent Lover by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 27, 2013
Hmmmmm, engaged? Pls am hungry 4 more update

1 Like

Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 11:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
Vivy Gift: Awww... This is sad sad . Is this wot love is all abt Dunno hw he will take this. sad

underage, I'm sure ur aware of the nomination thread. Pls kindly tell ur fans to vote for u.

Thanks Vivy gift, I am aware of the nomination thread and am highly grateful to those who nominated my story (Vivy gift, Deiok, datblaqgurl; thnx guys smiley). Others who haven't, if you really think my story is worth nominating, please don't hesitate to do so smiley. Thnaks once again.
Re: The Silent Lover by VivyGift(f): 12:22am On Sep 28, 2013
underage:

Thanks Vivy gift, I am aware of the nomination thread and am highly grateful to those who nominated my story (Vivy gift, Deiok, datblaqgurl; thnx guys smiley). Others who haven't, if you really think my story is worth nominating, please don't hesitate to do so smiley. Thnaks once again.

Ur welcome smiley

1 Like

Re: The Silent Lover by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 28, 2013
underage:

u r welcome sweetie...

N welldone wink

1 Like

Re: The Silent Lover by harlos: 3:26pm On Sep 28, 2013
datblaqgurl:

u r welcome sweetie...

N welldone wink
post a link to the thread here
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 5:37pm On Sep 28, 2013
harlos:
post a link to the thread here

https://www.nairaland.com/1428300/silent-lover/5#1428300.165

Here it is.
Re: The Silent Lover by harlos: 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2013
underage:

https://www.nairaland.com/1428300/silent-lover/5#1428300.165

Here it is.
i ment the nominating thread
Re: The Silent Lover by VivyGift(f): 6:49pm On Sep 28, 2013
Re: The Silent Lover by Deiok(m): 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
Hmmm.. I dont know how to put this, i am really sorry for not commenting for a long time now. I am not a silent follower ooh, I have been realy busy to the extent i was 3 page behind in the story.
I must confess this story is fascinating, you are just too good.

I will like to pm you some question, can i

1 Like

Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
Deiok: Hmmm.. I dont know how to put this, i am really sorry for not commenting for a long time now. I am not a silent follower ooh, I have been realy busy to the extent i was 3 page behind in the story.

Thnx Deiok. And sure you can PM me.
Re: The Silent Lover by Deiok(m): 6:38am On Sep 30, 2013
underage:

Thnx Deiok. And sure you can PM me.
ok done cheesy
Re: The Silent Lover by Deiok(m): 6:39am On Sep 30, 2013
Will we be seeing any update today?
Re: The Silent Lover by harlos: 8:26am On Sep 30, 2013
Deiok: Hmmm.. I dont know how to put this, i am really sorry for not commenting for a long time now. I am not a silent follower ooh, I have been realy busy to the extent i was 3 page behind in the story.

why pm questions ? Can't they be answered here? tongue
Don't make me start to suspect u o undecided
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 9:54am On Sep 30, 2013
Deiok: Will we be seeing any update today?

Am really sorry guys, dere may not be an update today due to some issues I have to attend. But if am chanced, I will update, if not we'll see tomorrow. Thanks and lub y'all grin
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 9:55am On Sep 30, 2013
harlos: why pm questions ? Can't they be answered here? tongue

Suspect koh? Lol.

*rolls back to sleep*
Re: The Silent Lover by Ollyfad(f): 10:32am On Sep 30, 2013
Engagd! y she kum dae 4lw aariz na
Re: The Silent Lover by Deiok(m): 11:55am On Sep 30, 2013
harlos: why pm questions ? Can't they be answered here? tongue
Suspect keh, it seems you have forgotten my policy. It even stronger than nitlad own. cool
Re: The Silent Lover by Deiok(m): 11:58am On Sep 30, 2013
underage:

Am really sorry guys, dere may not be an update today due to some issues I have to attend. But if am chanced, I will update, if not we'll see tomorrow. Thanks and lub y'all grin
Ok no problem.
Re: The Silent Lover by jgatherer(m): 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
I stumbled upon this story last night and ever since I read ur prologue,damn,I've been glued to ur story.
I also love the poetry part of it,may God increase u in knowledge and more ink to ur pen.#cheers#[/color]I
Re: The Silent Lover by Sakie: 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
I must confess i luv ds.started reading 2day nd i culdnt drop my fone 4 a sec...pls dnt kip us waiting.nd if i may ask whr did u gather al ds stuff abt pakistan.:dia fud,dress code? etc... [color=#770077][/color]
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
Deiok: Ok no problem.

Thnx.
j-gatherer:
I stumbled upon this story last night and ever since I read ur prologue,damn,I've been glued to ur story.
I also love the poetry part of it,may God increase u in knowledge and more ink to ur pen.#cheers#[/color]I

Ameen to ur prayers. What can I do without my nairaland readers You guys r d reason why I write.

Sakie: I must confess i luv ds.started reading 2day nd i culdnt drop my fone 4 a sec...pls dnt kip us waiting.nd if i may ask whr did u gather al ds stuff abt pakistan.:dia fud,dress code? etc... [color=#770077][/color]

I won't keep you dear. I have a few frnds from Pakistan and I watch alot of bollywood films wink. Writing is all about research u know. Thnx for being here smiley
Re: The Silent Lover by Sakie: 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
underage:
I won't keep you dear. I have a few frnds from Pakistan and I watch alot of bollywood films wink. Writing is all about research u know. Thnx for being here smiley

i watch plenty of bollywood movies too nd i wl say dey re fav wen it cums 2 movies.reading ur story makes me feel lyk am watchn 1 kip it up
Re: The Silent Lover by harlos: 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
Deiok: Suspect keh, it seems you have forgotten my policy. It even stronger than nitlad own. cool
Your are now nitlad senior cheesy

ma sisters must be aware of dis o
Re: The Silent Lover by harlos: 5:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
Underage, don't keep us waiting sha o...
Re: The Silent Lover by jgatherer(m): 7:32am On Oct 01, 2013
[size=8pt][/size] sadWe are waiting for our inDEPENDENCE day package o !
Re: The Silent Lover by Deiok(m): 9:04am On Oct 01, 2013
harlos: Your are now nitlad senior cheesy

Mteww, like i care. cool 8-| 8| B-| B|
j-gatherer:
[/size] sadWe are waiting for our inDEPENDENCE day package o !
harlos: Your are now nitlad senior cheesy

Mteww, like i care. cool 8-| 8| B-| B|.

j-gatherer:
[size=8pt] sadWe are waiting for our inDEPENDENCE day package o !
Which idependence angry
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 11:26am On Oct 01, 2013
Deiok: Mteww, like i care. cool 8-| 8| B-| B| Mteww, like i care. cool 8-| 8| B-| B|.

Which idependence angry

Which independence indeed

1 Like

Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 11:31am On Oct 01, 2013
"Engaged?"

At first, he couldn't believe his ears but then a wave of involuntary shock hit him. For a moment he stood there dry-mouthed, rooted to the spot.

What was she talking about?

"Come on Komal." He murmured breathlessly. "Tell me this is some kind of sick joke."

"This is not some sick joke. It's a healthy reality which makes me sick." She sobbed.

"My mind just doesn't accept you being engaged." He still didn't want to believe.

"Well....well not really." She stammered thickly.

"What do you mean by 'not really'?" Aariz shrugged his shoulders, his hearts drowning. "I'm sorry, I don't have any idea what you are talking about!"

"I.....I can explain." She gathered her nerves and began to say...

"There was no tradition, no celebration. But it's my parents' decision. Just one day my father announced that he's seen some good guy for me, and we'd be suitable for each other, that's all."

"That's all?"He laughed emptily.

"Listen Aariz. It's not appropriate to talk about this in front of my house and when it's already....."

She paused to glance at her watch. "Oh my God, it's almost three a.m."

Without saying a word, he turned. Taking slow, tired steps, he walked to his car.

"Aariz, I'd call you tomorrow. We'll meet." As he ignited the engine, he heard Komal's voice.

But he didn't answer.

There was not much to say now, was there?

Next day, the first thing she did was to dail Aariz's number.

"Yes?" The same pure masculine voice came from the other side and her heart started to beat faster.

"Aariz, it's me." She murmured slowly.

From the other side, she heard a long, tired breath.

"I'm leaving for London tomorrow." She announced.

"Good bye, have a nice trip." He said in a very formal voice, without much expression.

"Aariz...."She sobbed. "Don't do this to me. You know very well that I can't live without you."

"Then what can I do about that?" He asked.

"If my parents have seen some guy for me it doesn't necassarily mean that I agreed too." She said firmly. "He's not my ideal, and I don't like him an inch."

"So?"

"So, my feelings are the same, and I'm the same Komal for you. But....."

"But?" He repeated.

"Aariz....."

"Hmmmm?"

"I.....I'm scared."

"Of what?"

"What if my parents objected?" She asked fearfully.

"We'd revolt." He said firmly and seriously. "We belong to this new millennium, and we're bold and courageous enough to take our future in our own hands."

"So....." He wisphered romantically. "What therefore God has joined together, let no man seperate."

"But do you really think God had joined us together?" She shook her head, a mass of nut-brown hair brushing her shoulders.

"He will, as soon as we get married." He smiled soberly.

"Do you believe marriages are arranged in heaven but are celebrated on earth, like they say?" Komal asked, curious to know his opinion.

"Umm. Yes." He said thoughtfully. "I do believe that if God has made your match with someone, you'd get him somehow, no matter how much obstacles come into your way."

"But Komal," His voice suddenly acquired an angry tone. "I have some objection."

"What's that?"

"Why didn't you tell me about your engagement before?" He asked.

"I was not sure of myself." Komal said breathlessly. "I didn't trust my feelings then."

He was silent at her comment. Absently, he pulled a plate of biscuits in front of him, holding the reciever with the other hand.

"What about my engagement?" Komal asked after a short interval.

"What about it?" He asked casually.

"What do I do about it now?" Konal asked in a low voice.

He put a biscuit halfway between his teeth and then 'cracked' it forcefully.

"Break it!"

Her eyes widened to their extremes.

"But how?"

"Bring me in the picture. Present me as a substitute to your parents." He swallowed the biscuit and took a fine sip of his tea. "That'll do it."

"You make it all seem so easy." She smiled sadly.

"That's simple." As he spoke, she could feel his voice smiling decently. "When one door closes, a better and bigger one opens!"

There was a short pause, and then he asked.

"Do you think you can convince your parents?"

"Yes," She said immediately. "They trust me, and I trust them. They would never want to do something against my will. They've always respected my happiness and wishes. But...."

"But?"

"I can see the real problem would probably arise from your side Aariz."

"What do you mean?" He asked sharply.

"I still can't see myself being welcomed with open arms." Komal said. "I'm from a different 'sect'."

"Dont be silly Komal." He muttered in frustration. "My father is not like that. He accepts people for who they are, and you're intelligent, ambitious and top in your field."

"And what about your mother?" She asked skeptically.

"Mother." He whispered thoughtfully. "She loves me more than anything else in this world. Moreover, she's an open minded and modern lady. She doesn't believe in forcing her opinions on others."

"Well." She said after breathing a short sigh. "Let's see."

"So?" Aariz asked in a low tone. "Who's this guy?"

"Who?" She asked back.

"The guy your parents have choosen for you."

"Well." Komal said with pure disinterest.

"He is my father's assistant. He is his second in command in our company."

"I see." Aariz said dryly.

"His brilliant skills and marvelous business tactics have given him more success than he expected. My father's company is now one of the most successful and powerful companies in England."

"What's his name by the way?" Aariz finally asked.

"Sikander......." She breathed. "Sikander Riza."
Re: The Silent Lover by Batty5(f): 12:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
beautiful as usual keep it up.

1 Like

Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
Batty5: beautiful as usual keep it up.

Thanks smiley
Re: The Silent Lover by Deiok(m): 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
I thought Aariz doesnt believe too much in God or so i thought.

And why will komal father want his assistant to marry his daughter, when she is not too old to still be single. Me thinks he wants a man that will be his son-inlaw and thesame time be incharge of his firm.

Well nice one as always.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.