Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,156 members, 7,845,810 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2588976 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (1042) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
I just landed in lagos .............looking for teaching job around ketu /mile 12/ojota /ikorodu road pls if dere is any ......let me know ....thanks ........
welcome. Go out tomorrow armed with your CV and drop in schools in the aforementioned places or take the time and pain to go through previous pages and you might see the one close to you.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
chrisdenis01:

The Exam is in 3 modules/phases.... (1)DEVELOPING A NEW TEACHING APPROACH
(2)FACILITATING ACTIVE LEARNING
(3)REFLECTING ON PRACTICE..
Money - I think the amount should be around 70k-100k.... Because we paid about 200 dollas(35K) for collection of cert/statement of result.
Duration - 6month -9month depending how fast u are able to finish up....
Na God go bless you scatter!!! !!!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2015
Bimalink:

Thanks so much Ofumaria, am just considering going to cotonou because the transport fee is minimal compare to that of Port harcourt and even the distance from Lagos here to port harcourt, it takes about 10 hours. Ofumaria, I don't know if you have any ideal about how the private university salary is. I need your advise everyone.

Thanks so much Ofumaria, am just considering going to cotonou because the transport fee is minimal compare to that of Port harcourt and even the distance from Lagos here to port harcourt, it takes about 10 hours. Ofumaria, I don't know if you have any ideal about how the private university salary is. I need your advise everyone.

What is obtainable in Nigeria is not the same in Benin Republic, however, I suggest you Google it because you will be paid in their local currency which is subject to the Governing Council of the school. Congratulations Mr. Lecturer.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2015
: JECU, islamics(m), elnino3(m) you are sighted
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 04, 2015
Ofumaria:

my first interview was at Ogun, I goofed seriously. I did not divide the board into two, no date, no topic and to top it I was not talking to my students (interviewers). They told me they way I was teaching I could only teach University undergraduates.
After, the interview I was not selected as usual "we would get back to you" was the words the panel used.

Second interview, Kai! That when I knew unemployement is real and my 180k for a start disappeared. See crowd. Simple questions but the major thing they were looking at was those that could prepare lessons note which one of the invigilator told us............ I messed up. I no bother go back to the school, as I reach house na im I carry my mama lesson note begin dey study as if na final year exams I wan write.

Third interview, I knew I was going to kill them, I passed the test, lesson note but goofed again at micro teaching, why? I was not vast with the topic I selected (respiration) but this time I was confident, ruled the board, wrote the date and topic, but did not make the list.

Fourth interview, I prepared well, corrected all my mistakes. Interview started with waec, I did not prepare for it at all, dem no call me- meaning I failed.

Note:I did not give up, I fell, I dusted myself up and tried again and in the process learnt and after each interview, I went back to look at my mistakes

Finally, I was coming from one of those frustrating interviews where they would drill you like say them wan pay you 1m, with two different panels. I just decided to log on to Nairaland and saw one advert and I applied by calling the number. I was asked to come to the school immediately. Right there and there I was given a micro teaching, na vexation I use finish the topic with confidence, this time mistakes made were corrected. The interviewer was shocked and was amazed that I did not teach while serving, how come I was able to perform exceptionally well? I answered, "I try to be the best in anything I want to do". He stared at me, looked at my resume and ask, if I can write a lesson plan, I replied, no sir. He fired another question in my discipline, I just laugh for my mind, the same question they asked in the just concluded waec examination, I aced it. As usual, the question applicants do not like came up. How much do you intend to earn?
Me: sir, let me think. Am I working at present? No, do I need the job yes, why? I do not have any work experience and am tired of staying at home. All of these were questions running in my head. He told me, they were offering 30k........ I grabbed it with both hands.
After a year, I was at IPAJA with accomodation 50k. I got another offer at Owode!!!! I picked the former. Less I forget, lesson dey involve o, I take in say between 75-90, just 8-4 with accommodation, no traffic, not that my Banker friend that does 5-10. There is money in teaching, especially if you know your onions well.
This is inspirational and motivating. We also look forward to reading other "oga's" experiences such as GoldenDr, artisticallyart, Sunnypar, Manie, Prof.gday Islamics, Evathyst and et.al

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Odunharry(m): 11:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
For those teaching for the first time either a micro-teaching or a full class...
First thing first...
*Make sure u have thorough knowledge of the subject matter you want to teach.
It is very important cos interviewer might ask you questions from your field to test your competence

*Be confidence and make sure you are calm.

*The first thing you should do is divide the board into 2 or 3 depending on how wide the board is.,then write the date,subject and topic on the board by so doing you have introduced the lesson to your students before moving on...

*Make sure the students are following your lesson by making the lesson interactive and giving room for question when required

*Classroom management and control is very important...you as a teacher is also a manager and a leader,adopt the best managing strategy/leadership style...
Dont be too friendly and too hard on ur student

*At the end of the lesson,dont forget your evaluation question and assignment for your class too

5 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Odunharry(m): 11:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
Odunharry:
For those teaching for the first time either a micro-teaching or a full class...
First thing first...
*Make sure u have thorough knowledge of the subject matter you want to teach.
It is very important cos interviewer might ask you questions from your field to test your competence

*Be confidence and make sure you are calm.

*The first thing you should do is divide the board into 2 or 3 depending on how wide the board is.,then write the date,subject and topic on the board by so doing you have introduced the lesson to your students before moving on...

*Make sure the students are following your lesson by making the lesson interactive and giving room for question when required

*Classroom management and control is very important...you as a teacher is also a manager and a leader,adopt the best managing strategy/leadership style...
Dont be too friendly and too hard on ur student

*At the end of the lesson,dont forget your evaluation question and assignment for your class too
In addition for those going to teach for the first time,make sure you dress corporate and slippers palm is not allowed except u have got an injury on ur feet or it a friday..
Most school will require Corporate dress Mon-thurs,then Friday u can put on ur casual/native attire
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ToniaIzuagbe(f): 12:30am On Jan 05, 2015
Please friends i need a teaching job in Bariga, Gbagada, Shomolu or Yaba axis. I am almost done with my masters. I studied Mechanical Engineering. I can teach Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Pls contact me on imakuwealth@yahoo.com nd 08123054180
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by busuyem: 3:43am On Jan 05, 2015
chrisdenis01:

Money - I think the amount should be around 70k-100k.... Because we paid about 200 dollas(35K) for collection of cert/statement of result.

Give me ur phone number or email, pls.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 6:46am On Jan 05, 2015
Givemejoy:
welcome. Go out tomorrow armed with your CV and drop in schools in the aforementioned places or take the time and pain to go through previous pages and you might see the one close to you.
thanks ...........
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Funpeter: 6:57am On Jan 05, 2015
Odunharry:

congrats bro....Guess u reside in Ibadan?
Will be goin for service come May since no more february batch

I wish u the best bro and i pray u will be highly favour and God Grace will never leave u...where others struggle,you will find Favour,Amen
Amen.... I reside in owode ogun state but serving in ibadan.
Wish you all the best bro.
Thanks once more. Because oluwa is involved we shall all excel this year.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 05, 2015
ToniaIzuagbe:
Please friends i need a teaching job in Bariga, Gbagada, Shomolu or Yaba axis. I am almost done with my masters. I studied Mechanical Engineering. I can teach Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Pls contact me on imakuwealth@yahoo.com nd 08123054180
run to 19-23 Alfa-Aminu Street, Pedro, Bariga.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Evathyst(f): 8:22am On Jan 05, 2015
Givemejoy:
This is inspirational and motivating. We also look forward to reading other "oga's" experiences such as GoldenDr, artisticallyart, Sunnypar, Manie, Prof.gday Islamics, Evathyst and et.al
Can't stop laughing. cheesy

What that writer narrated above is more comical than inspirational. Honestly, some interviews could be something else. I could remember the case of our account teacher who was just drinking water intermittently during the course of the interview. U go fear na embarassed

Speaking from my own personal experience, some interviews I goofed big time, some I murdered. But in all, I learnt one or two things. Will give you details later. tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 05, 2015
Evathyst:
Can't stop laughing. cheesy

What that writer narrated above is more comical than inspirational. Honestly, some interviews could be something else. I could remember the case of our account teacher who was just drinking water intermittently during the course of the interview. U go fear na embarassed

Speaking from my own personal experience, some interviews I goofed big time, some I murdered. But in all, I learnt one or two things. Will give you details later. tongue
Please do and add a thing or two as regards Ofumaria's update as regards resume and interviews.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by elnino3(m): 9:49am On Jan 05, 2015
Givemejoy:
Correct sightings.
I also teach at a private secondary school.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Odunharry(m): 9:58am On Jan 05, 2015
Funpeter:
Amen.... I reside in owode ogun state but serving in ibadan.
Wish you all the best bro.
Thanks once more. Because oluwa is involved we shall all excel this year.
Amen..
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 05, 2015
English Teacher vacancy
Rosevalley High School is in need of a suitable candidate for
this position
Responsibilities :
Lesson planning and preparation
Contact time with pupils
Checking and assessing work
Attending staff meetings
Liaising with parents
Monitoring playground and extra-curricular activities
Ongoing professional development
Requirements:
Years of Experience- 2-3 years
B.Sc. B.A also HND with PGDE
School Address: 87, Oladoje Street, Oko-Oba, Agege.
Catchment Areas: Abule-Egba, Agege, Ogba, Agbado etc.
Note: Applicants leaving around the catchment areas only
should apply. This is important.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by islamics(m): 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
Givemejoy:
I have little or no experience as am still a novice in this house. I finished my NYSC early last year (Batch A) with one of the unity school in Kano state. After the service I applied to be taken as a temporary teacher pending when I will get better things instead of going back to sit @ home. Ever since then I have being following this thread to see if I can get better offer closer to home. School has resume but am yet to go back: My level of inertia is always HIGH whenever resumption occurs.
I really appreciate the ogas in the house for their efforts so far.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 05, 2015
Vacancy exists for the post of a mathematics teacher in
an A-rated school in lagos. . Applicants MUST be
graduates of mathematics with at least three years
teaching experience. Applicants must have prepared
students for WASSCE AND IGCSE examinations. Salary
is attractive. Interested applicants should forward their
CV not later than Thursday, 8th January, 2015, to
dafe.izu12@gmail.com. you can call 09027186600 for
more information. Only shortlisted applicants will be
contacted. Successful applicant will resume work on
Monday, 12th January, 2015.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by 4everGrand(m): 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
yemibayo:
Vacancy exists for the post of a mathematics teacher in
an A-rated school in lagos. . Applicants MUST be
graduates of mathematics with at least three years
teaching experience. Applicants must have prepared
students for WASSCE AND IGCSE examinations. Salary
is attractive. Interested applicants should forward their
CV not later than Thursday, 8th January, 2015, to
dafe.izu12@gmail.com. you can call 09027186600 for
more information. Only shortlisted applicants will be
contacted. Successful applicant will resume work on
Monday, 12th January, 2015.

Crap. A-rated school and applications should be sent to dafe.izu12@gmail.com, shey? If you choose to send anything to this type of mail, just be careful.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Odunharry(m): 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2015
Nice work pals...
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 4:07pm On Jan 05, 2015
4everGrand:

Crap. A-rated school and applications should be sent to dafe.izu12@gmail.com, shey? If you choose to send anything to this type of mail, just be careful.

It is an A-rated school, they have won academic laurels in Nigeria, Ghana, UK, Canada and US. I will advice you send your CV if you are qualified.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by samalive(m): 5:00pm On Jan 05, 2015
Great Educators ! Great minds! I have been following this thread for a while now and it has been beneficial to me in the area of knowledge. I have applied for some relevant vacancies, and I am still expecting to get a text message or a call... I am hopeful. Thank you so much to all those wonderful gentlemen and ladies on this thread. I need help and I need it urgently pls, any one who can help. I bagged my NCE cert from FCE(sp) , Oyo and after that, I got admitted in Unilorin where I studied Performing Arts. I have about 3 years teaching experience in English language and Lit-in-English, however , I love teaching and I want to get more certified in this area to boast a better prospects . please, I want a your advice on what Professional Course(s)to go for and how to go about the registrations. Thank you.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by oluemmakay(m): 5:08pm On Jan 05, 2015
dyomo:

What did you apply for?
Economics and Commerce
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2015
Landlord/landlady in d house .......i really need a teaching job .......... I hav gone round my area ....still yet to find any ...pls help me out if u see any vacancy around ketu,mile 12 ,ikorodu,owode ajegunle .......fanks .........
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
chrisdenis01:

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by samalive(m): 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2015
samalive:
Great Educators ! Great minds! I have been following this thread for a while now and it has been beneficial to me in the area of knowledge. I have applied for some relevant vacancies, and I am still expecting to get a text message or a call... I am hopeful. Thank you so much to all those wonderful gentlemen and ladies on this thread. I need help and I need it urgently pls, any one who can help. I bagged my NCE cert from FCE(sp) , Oyo and after that, I got admitted in Unilorin where I studied Performing Arts. I have about 3 years teaching experience in English language and Lit-in-English, however , I love teaching and I want to get more certified in this area to boast a better prospects . please, I want a your advice on what Professional Course(s)to go for and how to go about the registrations. Thank you.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 05, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
Landlord/landlady in d house .......i really need a teaching job .......... I hav gone round my area ....still yet to find any ...pls help me out if u see any vacancy around ketu,mile 12 ,ikorodu,owode ajegunle .......fanks .........
You said you have gone around your area which I guess is Ikorodu, I suggest you go to Ketu, Mile 2 and the adjoining town.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
Ganiz(m), zicobass11, sexyjob, seunkeji5(f), & ayurdavid compliment of the season a nd a happy new year. We hope to see more of your contribution on the thread.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 05, 2015
islamics:

I have little or no experience as am still a novice in this house. I finished my NYSC early last year (Batch A) with one of the unity school in Kano state. After the service I applied to be taken as a temporary teacher pending when I will get better things instead of going back to sit @ home. Ever since then I have being following this thread to see if I can get better offer closer to home. School has resume but am yet to go back: My level of inertia is always HIGH whenever resumption occurs.
I really appreciate the ogas in the house for their efforts so far.
I want to commend your for taking that bold step, not many would have done what you did, I know of people who have decided to chase the elusive jobs despite the fact that age is not on their side, some have sat at home for 3,4 and even 5years and yet nothing to show. I do not believe in giving up, CaptainDo, visiting professor and Ofumaria are living testimonies of the fact that hard work pays and results are overwhelming.

Sir, I want you not to give up, you could take up private tutor and uhmmm you can always drop openings in that region down there.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 05, 2015
4everGrand:

I will assume you are new on this thread, but, perhaps let me bring you up to speed. On this thread, we have men and women of integrity, honest and uncompromising (based on the dealings on this thread) and as such post genuine information, about school and the profession in general. If you have any doubts about the school, your best bet is to apply. Try and stay positive. Happy new year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (1042) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.