Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2572834 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 9:06am On Oct 23, 2015
odimbannamdi:
2weeks ago, on the 9th precisely, i went to a school in Satellite town to get a biology teaching job based on a tipoff i got here. After subjecting me to an oral interview and a teaching test among some teachers in the staff-room there, i was told to expect a call from them soon. I moved on with my life.

Last week Monday i told you guys i was going to storm schools in Festac town. The next day, i did it. I visited 12 schools in Festac town. Yea...you heard me. 12 schools! I went to almost all the "closes" and "avenues" in Festac Town making sure that my CV and application letter got into the right hands.

My efforts started paying off that same day as I got a call from one of the Colleges in Festac town asking me to come the very next day for an interview. The next day, which happened to be a Wednesday, i was there by 9am and i met the man who had called the previous day. After making sure i was seated comfortably, he began to bombard me with very tricky questions which i was sure was aimed at gauging my confidence, intellectual and articulatory capabilities outside my field of study. All thanks to God, he wasnt disappointed. Then he instructed a teacher to take me to any senior class to teach any topic in Biology. I was taken to SS2 class and i delivered. The man promised that they would call me once they put some things in place.

1week later, i was yet to get a call from them. Also remember that it was almost 2weeks since i went to the school in Satellite town. Infact, i had already given up considering the fact that this should be the 7th academic week in most schools.

I never knew God was perfecting it

This afternoon, I received a call from a woman who sounded like the owner of the school in Satellite town, urging me to come to the school tomorrow morning so we can negotiate properly and fix the days i would be coming (we initially agreed i would be coming on part-time basis).

As if that was not enough, 2hours later, i got a call from the man at the Festac school also asking me to come to the school tomorrow morning to pick up the teaching job

God has really embarrassed me with hot blessings this hot afternoon! I will be going to both schools tomorrow to know their terms and conditions so i can know how suitable it will be for me to combine both of them

Guys, sorry for the long and detailed post. I just wanted to encourage you guys never to give up on the job-search hustle, whether teaching or non-teaching jobs. In all, i visited 18schools: 5 in my area and 13 outside my area, and just when i i had resigned to fate, 2 of them called me the same day within a space of 2hours. God still answers prayers!

Félicitations ! This is just the beginning. May it be permanent. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Flakeson(f): 11:44am On Oct 23, 2015
Congratulations!
odimbannamdi:

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 23, 2015
Abeg who get idea on cost of importation of wears, shoes, jewelries and perfume from Dubai(between 20-50kg) and cost of clearing at the airport..I need urgent assistance, those agents at the airport here wan scam me.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by alakara(m): 6:42pm On Oct 23, 2015
2Str8:
Abeg who get idea on cost of importation of wears, shoes, jewelries and perfume from Dubai(between 20-50kg) and cost of clearing at the airport..I need urgent assistance, those agents at the airport here wan scam me.
Contact justijesus
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by alakara(m): 6:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
2Str8:
Contact justi4jesu
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Kazrem(m): 7:49pm On Oct 23, 2015
I want to read the remainder of your story o. odimbannamdi
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Mercyitos37(f): 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
Good morning good people
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nlevel(m): 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2015
[quote author=utchvikky post=39245913]pls is the pay worth applying?[/quote
chai!!! english
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nlevel(m): 10:54pm On Oct 23, 2015
utchvikky:
pls is the pay worth applying?
English!!!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 23, 2015
alakara:

Contact justi4jesu

Baba alakara, I always feel ur presence in every section most especially Agriculture. pls any idea about d current price of cassava tuber pa ton?
Any cassava processing industry in ilorin/kwara that can purchase tubers from farmers?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nlevel:

English!!!

Prof, if u know beta, why don't you correct her instead of mocking her. I m eagerly waiting for the correction cos I want to learn English.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 24, 2015
Mercyitos37:
Pls house i need a teaching job or any other in Benin, i just graduated last month and i need to start up somewhere in orde not to b idle. Thanks guyz....I studied business education
Start by submitting your CV with schools within and around your area.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 24, 2015
2Str8:
Oga!!!! you don diversity into importation business, check the business section.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 24, 2015
Gdday Nairalanders, plz any1 with an info regarding any high paying secondary school witthin Osogbo dat have vacancy for teachers in subjcts like B/tech, Agric Sci., Physics
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by OluchiDelly: 9:22am On Oct 24, 2015
Mercyitos37:
Good morning good people
morning by 10pm? Sis, u reside in Asia or u are using Asian time ni?

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by OluchiDelly: 9:37am On Oct 24, 2015
Nlevel:

English!!!

Nothing is wrong with that expression bro. Compare the second example below with her expression.

"Worth" usually follows the verb ‘to be’ and is
always followed by either a noun, pronoun, or
number, or by the ‘-ing’ form of a verb: The
painting is probably worth thousands of pounds.
♦ It was a difficult journey, but it was worth it.
♦ The film was definitely worth seeing. ( http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/worth_1 )

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by charlie42(m): 10:15am On Oct 24, 2015
Hi everyone, I just completed my one year compulsory service to our father land (NYSC) I seriously need a teaching job, I studied educational technology. I'm presently in Warri delta state. If you know someone dat sabi someone pls help.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MacJC: 12:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
"Is the pay worth applying" viz a viz "Is the job worth applying". Hmmmm...........

**still booting**

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by utchvikky(f): 1:15pm On Oct 24, 2015
Nlevel:

English!!!
I have a B.A in French language,so am a linguist,I knw say I dey try for English Mbok
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by utchvikky(f): 1:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
OluchiDelly:

Nothing is wrong with that expression bro. Compare the second example below with her expression.

"Worth" usually follows the verb ‘to be’ and is
always followed by either a noun, pronoun, or
number, or by the ‘-ing’ form of a verb: The
painting is probably worth thousands of pounds.
♦ It was a difficult journey, but it was worth it.
♦ The film was definitely worth seeing. ( http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/worth_1 )
thanks dear,ure on point

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 7:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
@odimbannamdi
Congrats..
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by pateffy: 7:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
Good evening House pls what is the meaning of face cap in french. Urgent reply thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MacJC: 11:39pm On Oct 24, 2015
pateffy:
Good evening House pls what is the meaning of face cap in french. Urgent reply thanks

Fez (actually, face cap is d bastardized term), was originally a brimless hat with a tassel attached at d top (as seen in d 1st image below), usually red and worn by some Muslims. The modern version has a brim (2nd image), from which d baseball cap was(probably) derived.
"Fez cap/face cap" is tautology since fez=cap! It's like saying, "Departure time is 2pm in d afternoon
----------------------------
Fez in English/spanish = Fez,
Fez in Turkish = Fes
Fez in Morocco= taboosh,
Fez in french = (is still) FEZ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:29am On Oct 25, 2015
MacJC:
"Is the pay worth applying" viz a viz "Is the job worth applying". Hmmmm...........

**still booting**

My opinion, "Pay" is more specific in relation to "job" in that context. Many factors can influence/tempt one into applying for a job. Viz: proximity, health insurance, pay/salary, accommodation, etc.
I think she is just being specific about the pay/salary.
In all, she has not committed any grammatical blunder.
Keep up the good work especially dat ya c_m_dy.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MacJC: 4:05am On Oct 25, 2015
Firstman01:

My opinion, "Pay" is more specific in relation to "job" in that context. Many factors can influence/tempt one into applying for a job. Viz: proximity, health insurance, pay/salary, accommodation, etc.
I think she is just being specific about the pay/salary.
In all, she has not committed any grammatical blunder.
Keep up the good work especially dat ya c_m_dy.
Hmmmm........., I agree it's contextual but "is the pay worth applying?" is slightly ambiguous.
(1) The sentence could be likened to "is the ointment worth applying (to d injury)?" In d latter question, we apply/use d ointment as a "healing" agent. Can we likewise say we "apply/use" the "pay" to (do) sth, as d former question succinctly suggests?
(2) Neither do we apply 4 a pay EXCEPT 4 A PAY RISE!!!.
This is d crux of d matter!
Conversely, "is d job worth applying?" ALSO falls flat when used in d "ointment" context BUT scales d 2nd hurdle in d sense dt we do/can apply 4 a job!.

Me thinks "does the pay/take home/salary justify applying for d job (in d 1st instance)?", "is it a high-paying job?", "is d pay proportionate/commensurate with d job?", etc are clearer.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by talk2yommex2000(m): 7:04am On Oct 25, 2015
MacJC:

**still booting**

MacJC, una recent posts no get comedy for inside. Abeg, put small curry next time o....Arzzzz in, u understand nah. Happy Sunday
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by adebaba500: 7:48am On Oct 25, 2015
Nlevel:

English!!!

chairman we no dey here to dey correct English. if u no u u sabi English wella y r u here not American embassy.
everyone gallant for him own field of study. even @ interview a common man no go attack dt English wey she speak.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by skydude(m): 7:56am On Oct 25, 2015
MacJC:

**still booting**

IS THE PAY WORTH APPLYING? What the writer communicated IS,IS THE PAY WORTH APPLYING FOR.that bcs most job d pay serves as a spring board in applying for a particular job,SO MJ pls let dis grammatical brouhaha slide down after all English is a borrowed Language
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 7:57am On Oct 25, 2015
Omo english dey o!
1. Dnt dare talk infront of my back.
2. All of u should stand in a straight circle.
3. Be quiet d principal z jst passing away.
4. I av 3 daughters nd all of dem are gals.
5. Both of d 3 of u should get out of my office.
6. D son of d man is a boy.
7. Dix z ur parmanent place, sit here 4 d
meantime.
8. Take d lead nd folo me.
9. She z a boy.Lolzzzzz add urs.. Beautiful
Sunday to u all

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Kazrem(m): 8:25am On Oct 25, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
Omo english dey o!
1. Dnt dare talk infront of my back.
2. All of u should stand in a straight circle.
3. Be quiet d principal z jst passing away.
4. I av 3 daughters nd all of dem are gals.
5. Both of d 3 of u should get out of my office.
6. D son of d man is a boy.
7. Dix z ur parmanent place, sit here 4 d
meantime.
8. Take d lead nd folo me.
9. She z a boy.Lolzzzzz add urs.. Beautiful
Sunday to u all
Lmao
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by yemmybx(m): 11:11am On Oct 25, 2015
please is there anyone with an information abt DEE UNIQUE COLLEGE, ABESAN (salary,working conditions,benefits).

its urgent...

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.