Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (840) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2573137 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ExplicitConect: 3:45pm On Jul 31, 2018
Peace

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ExplicitConect: 3:46pm On Jul 31, 2018
Never look down on any job

The popular and controversial saying that 'what a man can do a woman can do better' is further proved as many Nigerian women have in recent times joined the tricycle business (popularly called "keke maruwa" in Lagos).

28 year old Deborah Sani is not just a female tricycle rider who plies the Ikeja-Toyin Street in Lagos, but also a trained teacher who obtained a National Certificate in Education (NCE) in 2009 from the former Federal College of Education Zaria, now Federal University of Education, Zaria and also currently undergoing a Diploma Program at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.

When asked what led her into the business, she said, "when you compare the income from this job and any other job I could have been doing right now because I'm a qualified teacher. Teaching job if they will pay you N20,000, they will think they are paying you so well. Even if they will pay you N30,000 they feel it's a better job you are doing. But from this I can easily keep that amount as savings not as earnings."

She added that the need to save and not just to earn led her to make enquiries regarding the business as well as embarking on training with a volunteer keke driver.

Derby as she is fondly called said, "I got to realise that the jobs you do and you get your earnings daily seem to be far more lucrative than the usual corporate jobs. So when someone mentioned the idea that I don't even need capital to start it, I just need to know how to operate it. So I started looking for a trainer."

Deborah, who is still single, got someone who decided to teach her for one hour daily and she learnt the skill after about 8 lessons.
According to her, she makes a daily savings of about 2000 with extra to cater for her needs.Trained Female Teacher Turns Keke Driver
She said, "After settling all levies, buy petrol, oil and making daily accounts to the keke owner, I make not less than N3,000 of which I save N2,000 and spends N1,000 on daily needs."

Deborah Sani calls on the unemployed youths to be flexible when seeking for employment.
She said, "they should not concentrate on one particular direction when they are looking for a job. Like saying I want to work in a school, I want to work in an office. You are narrowing your opportunities and some of these office jobs, these monthly paid employment, they might not pay you enough because come to think of it you might get a job now that will take you to the Island and you will discover that at the end of each day you spend close to a thousand or more daily. Tell me how such a person can save anything."

A tricycle ticket vendor in Ikeja, Lagos who pleaded anonymity said one of the problems Keke Drivers encounter in the business is insatiable passengers.

He noted that this problem is not peculiar to female gender, as some male counterparts also encounter same.

"Most of them (keke riders) are graduates. The challenges are the same for both genders. One of your passengers can decide to withhold his or her fare because you didn't stop where he/she wants you to even when that place is not a bus stop."

He opined that the business requires patience just like other businesses and encouraged more women and ladies to join them.

http://ghemedia.com/lagos-trained-female-teacher-turns-keke-driver/
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pojomojo: 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2018
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pojomojo: 4:07pm On Jul 31, 2018
Written by xfire
Re-phrased by meme
To the newbies in this noble profession

There is absolutely nothing to fear. You just finished service, have a plan. Keep applying and don't give up.

* Network and distribute your CV's as much as possible. Make sure your CV is well written and laid out. Networking is key. Do not be afraid of meeting people and asking them for help. You will be shocked about much can come out of that. A job seeker should never be timid.

* Be open to jobs not related to your. Most graduate jobs out there only require only Bachelors degree in any field. You can considering furthering your studies abroad if you insist on only education-related career.

* Enhance your skills particularly your communication skills and computer skills.

* Practice answering aptitude test and interview questions.

* Be informed! Information is paramount. Many people wallow in joblessness because they are not informed. Connect with fellow job seekers for information. The job section in Nairaland is a good starting point

* Get a mentor(s) in your field(s) of interest. Search for and meet people that are professionals in the career fields that interest you. It takes determination and effort to search. You don't sit down at home and hope they will just appear. They can guide you. However, this is not mandatory.

* Again, be optimistic and don't entertain any fear.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pojomojo: 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2018
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pojomojo: 4:09pm On Jul 31, 2018
Once upon a time, a group of 50 people attended a seminar. Suddenly, the speaker stopped and started giving each person a balloon. Each one was asked to write his/her name on it using a marker pen. Then all the balloons were collected and put in another room.

Now, these delegates were let in that room and asked to find the balloon which had their respective names written on within 5 minutes. Everyone was frantically searching for their names, pushing and colliding with each other, and there was utter chaos. At the end of 5 minutes, no one could find their own balloons.

Now, each one was asked to randomly collect a balloon and give it to the person whose name was written on it. Within minutes everyone had their own balloons. The speaker began:"This is exactly what is happening in our lives. Everyone is frantically looking for happiness all around, not knowing where it is. Our happiness lies in the happiness of other people. Help them Find their happiness and you will get your own happiness too. And this is the purpose of human life... Learn to put a smile on one's face, and U will also smile in due season
[/b]
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pojomojo: 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pojomojo: 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2018
A Montessori School in Ikorodu is recruiting to fill the following vacancies

Creche Nanny/ caregiver
2. Preschool / Nursery Teachers - Early years teachers with a minimum of one year teaching experience
A. Educational requirement- B.ed/ NCE/ PGDE
B. Diploma/ Certificate in Montesorri Education or Early Childhood Education Certificate

3. Assistant Teachers

Applicants must reside in Ikorodu. Igbogbo/ Ebutte preferably.
All interested applicants should forward their curriculum Vitae to careerandexperienced@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by sprints1: 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2018
[quote author=ExplicitConect post=69863581][/quote] bros abeg do u know how much pinefield schools lekki pays and their mode of recruitment
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Adexy4us(m): 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2018
sprints1:
bros abeg do u know how much pinefield schools lekki pays and their mode of recruitment

90-120k but I gathered that she hire and fire anyhow
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Odinacious: 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2018
pls l need a teaching job in Jos I have 2.1 in chemistry
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nesco244(m): 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
Please I need a teaching job in Port Harcourt. I have B.Eng in Chemical Engineering and over 3 years teaching experience. I can teach any of the subjects like
Mathematics,
Further Mathematics,
Physics,
Chemistry,
Basic Technology and
Basic Science.

Anybody with useful information can please help me out.

Please for further details, you can reach me on 08036295690 or nwabuezendustev@yahoo.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Ritzy3(f): 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2018
Evathyst:
A reputable school at Ajao Estate, Lagos is in need of experienced Montessori teachers for ages 3 - 5 and 0-3

Candidates must be passionate, creative, innovative, technology savvy, proficient in both spoken and written English. Candidate must possess B.Ed, or NCE qualification with minimum of 3 years work experience in reputable schools.

Knowledge in jolly phonics, and EYFS would be an added advantage .

Qualified applicants should send application letter and CVs to ginikaobiorah24@gmail.com on or before 6th August, 2018. For details call 08038536113
pls i do see ads lk yours stating a reputable school is in need of teacher and demands for application letter and cv my question now is wat could be written at d receivers address side of d letter since d schools name is unknown?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 31, 2018
sprints1:
bros abeg do u know how much pinefield schools lekki pays and their mode of recruitment

If you like yourself, don't go at all. I was there for an interview last year. They wasted my time. The woman does not know what she wants. They hire and fire. Be certain not to have a complete salary. If you are in a doubt, go. I'm sure you will share your testimony in a few months. Their pay is around 100k.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Arise4Christ: 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2018
An International nursery and primary school in Ago palace way Okota Lagos is urgently seeking to employ qualified teachers for nursery and primary classes. Interested candidates should call 09070640644.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by fabybankses(m): 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2018
Please who also got a TEST invite from Paul Esther Consulting, Ikeja, Lagos for Friday 3rd August 2018?
Is this is a valid firm? Please your response could save my stress of going from Ibadan. Thanks.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by cutieme(m): 5:44am On Aug 01, 2018
Arise4Christ:
An International nursery and primary school in Ago palace way Okota Lagos is urgently seeking to employ qualified teachers for nursery and primary classes. Interested candidates should call 09070640644.
Do you have their email address one can submit CV? Also,how much do they pay?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Lilshaddy(m): 6:50am On Aug 01, 2018
Please Guys any info about Dee unique College omole phase 2, their working conditions and salary structure, the info will really go a long way thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by bashlek(m): 7:53am On Aug 01, 2018
fabybankses:
I didn't attend the interview. Didn't u discuss salary with dem? Or was it just written interview?

[Qquote author=bashlek post=69841981]
uno go ?
people wey attended go pass 100
i dnt knw much abt der pay
jst written test, notin much
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Evathyst(f): 9:39am On Aug 01, 2018
Ritzy3:

pls i do see ads lk yours stating a reputable school is in need of teacher and demands for application letter and cv my question now is wat could be written at d receivers address side of d letter since d schools name is unknown?
Since you're sending such 'application' as a mail, there wouldn't be any need for the receiver's address or name of the school.

Just state the position you're applying for as the title of the mail, while the content can be written as follows; 'With respect to a vacancy advert which I saw online, that your school requires the services of a qualified teacher. I am so so....'

Gerrit? cheesy
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 01, 2018
[quote author=ExplicitConect post=69863598][/quote]

Turkish now called TULIP doesn't pay up to 100k.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Adexy4us(m): 2:34pm On Aug 01, 2018
Tpappie:

Turkish now called TULIP doesn't pay up to 100k.
80-85k for new intake with desired experience
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 01, 2018
Adexy4us:

80-85k for new intake with desired experience

Exactly bro...
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2018
Evathyst:
*Vacancy!* Vacancy!!*

A reputable Secondary School in Maya/ikorodu needs the service of
* English teacher
*PHE/computer
*Science Teacher
* Lower basic Teacher for immediate employment.

interested applicant can send CV with application letter to shittahalley@yahoo.co.uk or call 09066066669
HR mama
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by babajeje123(m): 4:09pm On Aug 01, 2018
Any idea of what teachers earn at Oxbridge Tutorial College?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by latestsunny(m): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
Vacancies exist in a leading school around Iyana Ipaja for Teachers in the underlisted subjects:

Englich Language
ICT
Music
Fine Art

Applicant should send CV to hr@riseupcollege.org
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
Lilshaddy:
please who know the working condition and salary structure of Dee unique School Omole Phase 2

Please don't ever work in that school o. The owner is neck deep in the occult.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
babajeje123:
Any idea of what teachers earn at Oxbridge Tutorial College?

If you get a job invite from Oxbridge, don't ever turn it down. Their teachers/lecturers live like kings and queens.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by babajeje123(m): 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2018
goodconscience:

If you get a job invite from Oxbridge, don't ever turn it down. Their teachers/lecturers live like kings and queens.
Thanks. Just asking for a friend

(1) (2) (3) ... (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

Viewing this topic: Modupeola17 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.