Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,416 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Ten Lies The Church Tells Women - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Lies The Church Tells Women (42837 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / 4 Lies The Church Taught Me About Sex / Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by oraelosikenny: 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
Wow.

The replies here.

Amazing.

Proof of my one credo:
People will always think however they wish.
Even when logic is clearly before them to act otherwise.
People will always act however they wish.
Even when logic is clearly before them to act otherwise.

Best thing? Let people be.
Let them carry on their own ways of thinking.

You think rightly.

Soon they'll bring themselves to the floods of chaos.
Then they'll ask for help.
You'll be unable to help them.

You'll be safe in the ark of order and reason.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
ecnuel:

The caption was even quite offensive. "TEN LIES". This suggests that the church has been telling lies and the writer is telling the truth. I do not believe in the women liberation movement. God has different roles for the man and the woman. The man should play his role, likewise the woman. There should not be any competition. Thank you for ur contribution.
The op end up spreadin the heresy she try 2 correct. why nt jst just say some pastor instead of implicatin the church?
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by plaetton: 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
soul_glo:

With all due respect sir you have made absolutely no sense. You are agreeing with the poster but at the same time attacking her. You say that both genders are different and yet you are attacking a woman that has said the exact same thing. She never put men down in her post. In fact she made it clear that women should submit to their men and men should submit to their wives as the Bible says. Men and women are very different but they are certainly equal. Sometimes I wonder if african men will ever see that the reason Africa is as backwards as it is today is because of what we think leadership means. The average African man is not an effective leader. The only way Africans (not just men) for the most part handle leadership roles is a total slave and master relationship. It is backward, sinful, and a destructive. If you truly feel that you are in a position of leadership in your home as such everybody needs to treat you as if you were a god then don't whine when your government tells you to bend over and take it in the arse. That is why your country is the way it is. A bunch of men who were untrained and given entitlements that they did not earn. Married wives that were forced to carry on with letting them act the fool and eventually unleash them on the masses. They sit in government seats today teaching you your place beneath their feet and I am sure it does not feel good. But accept it and it is what you deserve because that is what you have wished on others from your position of leadership.

The fact is that anybody who feels that they are entitled to something they did not earn is pretty much a low grade loser. A man who feels that he deserves to be waited on because he is a human being born with a penis is a loser. A woman who feels that she deserves to have everything paid for by everybody around her simply because she is a woman is no better. Both are the exact same thing. Failures at life. You earn respect. You earn loyalty. You are entitled to nothing.

Surely you are entitled to your opinion.
I have read it twice and still trying to figure what it has to do with my own post.

You could have made your own post without refering to mine.
You made no attempt to point out where I erred in order to repudiate or contradict my points.
You were just looking for an excuse to bash men.
It's a free world.

I do not see where my post attacked the op.
Even though it was addressed to the op, I was just giving my own opinion like everyone else.

If you think my post agrees with the op's post, then why are you attacking me? shocked

I wish you could point out and correct the falsehoods in my post.

Having said that, I should just move on, but then again, you made so many unforgivable falshoods in your post that it would be negligent to let them pass without a through repudiation.

For your information, there is no civilization in history where there were np difference between leaders and the led.
And for the ill-educated mind, Africa is not backwards because of our Family structures and heirachy.
That is a very silly assertion from a half-baked mind.

In fact, our family structures is our greatest source of strength and remains our only salvation for self-renewal and identity.

And also, for your selective amnesia or rather arrogant ignorance, African is also not unique in the social units where the man is at the head.
Even the Europeans, up until the last few decades had rigid male dominated social units, and many European countries still do.

And what would you say of the male dominated societies of the Asians or the Arabs, even the jews?

I can make a very strong argument that the modern ambiguation of gender-specific roles in the family is 100% responsible for the breakdown in the family unit, values and social cohesion. Your European and American foster nations have an astronomically high incidences of divorce and fragmented family units. They have even gone as far redefining the institution of marriage.

So what nonsense are you talking about?.

So please, stop talking out of complex ignorance(the worst type there is) and educate yourself properly.

In every ship, there must be a captain. In any army there must be a commander. In any society or organization there must be a hierachy of leadership.
Why should the family unit be an exception?

I am by no means a male chauvanist.
My point is that anyone, man or woman who neglects or decides to abdicate their natural gender-specific roles will suffer conflict and breakdown in the family unit.
Period.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by bukatyne(f): 6:44pm On Sep 09, 2013
divinelove: A woman is a man's helper. Thats the whole essence of creating a woman. GO and read it in Genesis that is asumming you are a christian. A man and a woman were never meant to be equals, a woman is the weaker sex. let us not compete bc we are both wonderful the way the creator made us to co exist. A man needs a woman and vice versa

Please answer my questions

State one bible verse that says that women and men are not equal p.s. Don't pull anything out of context

if women are the weaker vessels, then who is the weak vessel? P.S. Women are weaker vessels and not weaker sex

2 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
Samunique: See as u just fooled urself "the bible was written from the black eggyptian book of the dead which was over 10,000 years old" so, is the world itself up to 10,000 years old? See what endless googleing, religious fallaces and rebellion spirit have done to u.

Since you were too ignorant to check the label before consuming the lies the white man cooked for you,i offered to do my bit. All the thing written in the egypian book are still there in Egypt . All archeological evidence are there, mummies,pyramids, status,writings and paintings. Show me where i can see a live evidence from the craps written in the bible....you will find none! Not even the burial tomb of your master jesus,tomb of Mary,tomb of Solomon . They do not exist!
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
She will marry herself instead.
She will grow old alone with a black cat. Not a dog cos dogs like happy people but an annoying cat

.....And what's so wrong in dis?? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by bukatyne(f): 6:53pm On Sep 09, 2013
Dear OP:

I really admire people who read the Bible for themselves to understand and not just parrot popular opinions...

Most of us mix culture and christianity which are like oil and water in some cases. I am sure 90% of people have never read Eph 5: 21 or assimilated it.

I will post a more comprehensive post tomorrow.

Once again, welldone OP

1 Like

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by ogbronx(m): 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
From the very day Jesus died on the cross,the devil didnt stop working to undermine God‘s work. The same way the serpent decieved Eve who later lured Adam to same act and brought us where we are now,he is still doing it through contemporary christianity. The God that i know,want to know more and love so dearly is an orderly God. There is a reason why men and women are different emotionally and physically. Its for order. These days ,all sorts of nonsense philosophy has been imported to xtianity thru charisma of hustler preachers and guess whom their first victims are always;women as in d garden of eden. the serpent knows why he approached the woman and not the man. He is still doing it today. over time, i have come to realise,why paul ask women not to speak in church,i didnt like it at first but found out first hand why. women are very emotional and confuse this for spirituality. they are often not sure of themselves and can easily be misled not to mention their materialistic nature. Happy is a woman who knows her place in life and blessed is the man who marries such. Ladies,dont follow the times. Stick to the word like the good apostle Paul said. Salvation is not Just for men but like it or not,man is the head of a home and God has a reason for putting us in our respective sexes.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
bukatyne: Dear OP:

I really admire people who read the Bible for themselves to understand and not just parrot popular opinions...

Most of us mix culture and christianity which are like oil and water in some cases. I am sure 90% of people have never read Eph 5: 21 or assimilated it.

I will post a more comprehensive post tomorrow.

Once again, welldone OP

Thanks smiley
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
ogbronx: From the very day Jesua died on the cross,the devil didnt stop working to undermine God‘s work. The same way the serpent decieved Eve who later lured Adam to same act and brought us where we are now,he is still doing it through contemporary christianity. The God that i know,want to know more and love so dearly is an orderly God. There is a reason why men and women are different emotionally and physically. Its for order. These days all sorts of nonsense philosophy has been imported to xtianity thru charisma of hustler preachers and guess whom their first victims are always;women as in d garden of eden. the serpent knows why he approached the woman and not the man. He is still doing it today. over time, i ve come to realise,why pauls ask women not to speak in church,i didnt like it at first but found out first hand why. women are very emotional and confuse this for spirituality. they are often not sure of themselves and can easily be misled not to mention their materialistic nature. Happy is a woman who knows her place in life and blessed is the man who marries such. Ladies,dont follow the times. Stick to the word like the good apostle Paul said. Salvation is Just for men ooh but like it or not,man is the head of a home and God has a reason for putting us in our respective sexes.

There are no evidence for what you just said. You were taught all these lies. How did you know Jesus exist in the first place?
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by ogbronx(m): 7:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
ifeness:

There are no evidence for what you just said. You were taught all these lies. How did you know Jesus exist in the first place?
. Are you a christian?
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Orikinla(m): 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
[size=18pt]NO TRUE CHURCH WILL TELL SUCH LIES TO THEIR WOMEN.
NOT IN THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD, MFM, DEEPER LIFE, TREM AND OTHER TRUE CHURCHES OF GOD IN NIGERIA[/size]
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
ogbronx: . Are you a christian?

Do you know the origin of the word christian? The followers of Serapis who's story was later turned to Jesus by the council of nicea in 343BC. How can I be associated with such a group?
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by caterwaul(m): 7:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
ifeness:

Do you know the origin of the word christian? The followers of Serapis who's story was later turned to Jesus by the council of nicea in 343BC. How can I be associated with such a group?
another Dan Brown wannabe! keep on consuming trash

1 Like

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by highmood(m): 7:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
Men all this things no de happen for nija again oh. Any church wey de talk this de waste the sermon oh. Because our women dey do completely opposite lipsrsealed
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by gradeA(m): 7:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
diane10a: I met my boyfriend on nairaland, is in my place now. Maybe I'll tell him all these and I'll try to serve him well.

is your boyfriend Okija juju?
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]NO TRUE CHURCH WILL TELL SUCH LIES TO THEIR WOMEN.
NOT IN THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD, MFM, DEEPER LIFE, TREM AND OTHER TRUE CHURCHES OF GOD IN NIGERIA[/size]

Churches don't need to tell it, the bible's stance alone is clear.

1 Like

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by cold(m): 7:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
The Bible is right. Women,know your place in the grand scheme of things. Your God has spoken & who are you to question God?

1 Like

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mcdondayan:
Unfortunately man, this topic is not for those who would like to place cock in a$s. Its between a man and a woman, not man and man

And you must have been tailing him, to know this undecided
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by chykeo1(m): 7:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,

4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

- 2 TIm. 4: 3-4

1 Like

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by gbrookes02: 7:33pm On Sep 09, 2013
Agree with some points, disagree with others.
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
Okija_juju:

Whats a lie about this?!

According to Apostle Paul..

I Cor. 11 – 8 “A Man is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man: for neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ: and the head of the woman is the man: and the head of Christ is God.”

Refer...

And whats a Lie about this?!

Titus 2:5
English Standard Version (ESV)

5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

Okay... So are you calling brother Timothy a Lair?! angry

1 Timothy 2:12 ESV
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

1 Cor. 11:7-10

"For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. 8 For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man; 9 for indeed man was not created for the woman’s sake, but woman for the man’s sake. 10 Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels."

1 Corinthians 11:3
3 But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.

Ephesians 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.

5 For this reason I left you in aCrete, that you would set in order what remains and bappoint celders in every city as I directed you,

6 namely, aif any man is above reproach, the bhusband of one wife, having children who believe, not accused of cdissipation or drebellion.

7 For the 1aoverseer must be above reproach as bGod’s steward, not cself-willed, not quick-tempered, not daddicted to wine, not pugnacious, enot fond of sordid gain,

Acts 2:17

17 ‘aAnd it shall be in the last days,’ God says,

‘That I will pour forth of My Spirit on all 1mankind;

And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

And your young men shall see visions,

And your old men shall dream dreams;

1 Tim. 2:12-14

"But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being quite deceived, fell into transgression."

2 Corinthians 11:3

3 But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

Erm... DUH!!

Shey na the strong Leadership qualities of Jezebel make her go barb Samsom head from Dada to mohawk!

Summary:: The Bible has nothing to do with new millenium or Y2k compliance.. You either obey the word of God or you become an unbeliever.. You women should simply obey the bible and be submissive.. Its this type of behavior that landed Mankind in the problems we are suffering today. You women have started again. Why wouldnt you learn from your ancestors Eve & Jezebel.. angry

Any Woman who isnt submissive to a Man would go to hell.. #Period

i love dat....so so so on point

1 Like

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by cold(m): 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
There's virtually no religion on earth that takes women seriously. But Christianity, Islam & Judaism are the biggest culprits here

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by sleekch1c(f): 7:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
ogbronx: From the very day Jesus died on the cross,the devil didnt stop working to undermine God‘s work. The same way the serpent decieved Eve who later lured Adam to same act and brought us where we are now,he is still doing it through contemporary christianity. The God that i know,want to know more and love so dearly is an orderly God. There is a reason why men and women are different emotionally and physically. Its for order. These days ,all sorts of nonsense philosophy has been imported to xtianity thru charisma of hustler preachers and guess whom their first victims are always;women as in d garden of eden. the serpent knows why he approached the woman and not the man. He is still doing it today. over time, i have come to realise,why paul ask women not to speak in church,i didnt like it at first but found out first hand why. women are very emotional and confuse this for spirituality. they are often not sure of themselves and can easily be misled not to mention their materialistic nature. Happy is a woman who knows her place in life and blessed is the man who marries such. Ladies,dont follow the times. Stick to the word like the good apostle Paul said. Salvation is not Just for men but like it or not,man is the head of a home and God has a reason for putting us in our respective sexes.

I'm sure you felt very wise after typing this.
Joker of the year!

2 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by tomber(m): 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
any woman who thinks and wants to be the head of his husband is free to do so. wish u a blissful marriage
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by cold(m): 7:58pm On Sep 09, 2013
You can continue to live in the bondage of religious relics or you can live your life unfettered. Women the choice is yours

3 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Perfecter4real(m): 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
The last time i check no church preach what said like the number 2,3,5,7,8,9, and 10 are ur imaginations.
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by FOREXMARTS: 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
@op, u don dey madtt abi? Don't get married. Keep second guessing urself, Mgbawun.
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
NA WA O...@OP...dont preach us nonsense...read ur bible wella

END

TYM

TINS

2 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
Okija_juju:

Whats a lie about this?!

According to Apostle Paul..

I Cor. 11 – 8 “A Man is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man: for neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ: and the head of the woman is the man: and the head of Christ is God.”

Refer...

And whats a Lie about this?!

Titus 2:5
English Standard Version (ESV)

5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

Okay... So are you calling brother Timothy a Lair?! angry

1 Timothy 2:12 ESV
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

1 Cor. 11:7-10

"For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. 8 For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man; 9 for indeed man was not created for the woman’s sake, but woman for the man’s sake. 10 Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels."

1 Corinthians 11:3
3 But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.

Ephesians 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.

5 For this reason I left you in aCrete, that you would set in order what remains and bappoint celders in every city as I directed you,

6 namely, aif any man is above reproach, the bhusband of one wife, having children who believe, not accused of cdissipation or drebellion.

7 For the 1aoverseer must be above reproach as bGod’s steward, not cself-willed, not quick-tempered, not daddicted to wine, not pugnacious, enot fond of sordid gain,

Acts 2:17

17 ‘aAnd it shall be in the last days,’ God says,

‘That I will pour forth of My Spirit on all 1mankind;

And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

And your young men shall see visions,

And your old men shall dream dreams;

1 Tim. 2:12-14

"But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being quite deceived, fell into transgression."

2 Corinthians 11:3

3 But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

Erm... DUH!!

Shey na the strong Leadership qualities of Jezebel make her go barb Samsom head from Dada to mohawk!

Summary:: The Bible has nothing to do with new millenium or Y2k compliance.. You either obey the word of God or you become an unbeliever.. You women should simply obey the bible and be submissive.. Its this type of behavior that landed Mankind in the problems we are suffering today. You women have started again. Why wouldnt you learn from your ancestors Eve & Jezebel.. angry

Any Woman who isnt submissive to a Man would go to hell.. #Period
GBAM. you don talk am

2 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by ogbronx(m): 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
ifeness:

Word of which God? Zeus,yahweh,Baal,jupital, which one?!! Are you aware that godess Asherah was the wife of the bible yahweh and Baal was his brother? You need to go back to the real stories about yahweh. All your bible references are pathetic. They encourages human slavery,women slavery,rape,murder and genocide. How long are were suppose to be fooled by the bible.

Bible was written from The black Egyptian book of the dead which is over 10,000 years old. Women are very powerful,especially the black women. They should be reverend and not treated as slaves. You need to burn that bible of yours.
why not just end your life and have peace? surely it seems meaningless thus a good candidate for occults and sinful societies. A man without faith is an animal. U probably believe in evolution and that u came from a soup of protiens by mistake eh? leave people who know and have seen the truth to argue about it and take ur paganism somewhere else like pegan church or something. That is, you dont kill yourself.
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by ogbronx(m): 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
ifeness:

Word of which God? Zeus,yahweh,Baal,jupital, which one?!! Are you aware that godess Asherah was the wife of the bible yahweh and Baal was his brother? You need to go back to the real stories about yahweh. All your bible references are pathetic. They encourages human slavery,women slavery,rape,murder and genocide. How long are were suppose to be fooled by the bible.

Bible was written from The black Egyptian book of the dead which is over 10,000 years old. Women are very powerful,especially the black women. They should be reverend and not treated as slaves. You need to burn that bible of yours.
why not just end your life and have peace? surely it seems meaningless thus a good candidate for occults and sinful societies. A man without faith is an animal. U probably believe in evolution and that u came from a soup of protiens by mistake eh? leave people who know and have seen the truth to argue about it and take ur paganism somewhere else like pegan church or something. That is, you dont kill yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dear Nigerian's, Do You Know The Meaning Of These Symbols / Bible Emergency Numbers That Will Shock You / Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.