Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Choose Between Programmed Withdrawal & Annuity Option For Pension - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Choose Between Programmed Withdrawal & Annuity Option For Pension (2746 Views)

Choose Between Programmed Withdrawal & Annuity Option For Pension / The Best Firm For Pension Fund - Please Advise / What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Choose Between Programmed Withdrawal & Annuity Option For Pension by Gentlebabs(m): 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2013
No doubt, the Pension Reform Act 2004 makes it mandatory for all employees to have a Retirement Savings Acoount, which will be administered by your choice Pension Fund Administrator, alongside a Pension Fund Custodian in conjunction with Pension Commission and National Insurance Commission. The contributory pension allows you to withdraw not more than 50% of your contribution on attaining 50yrs or compulsory retirement age. M.K. Ahmed (D.G. PENCOM, Punch Newspaper 30/01/12, Page 31) cites that "According to the act, Programmed Withdrawal is an option that is calculated on an expected life span, meaning that the pensioner will be paid on a regular basis for a fixed number of years. After which he ceases to earn further income from his PFA. Also, the act specifies that Annuity will be paid on a regular basis by the insurance company to the pensioner until he dies". If you were retiring now, which option would you prefer and why? Secondly, if you have people retiring now, how would you advise them? Remember, retirement is expensive, but old age is more expensive. Pls don't derail this educative thread.
Re: Choose Between Programmed Withdrawal & Annuity Option For Pension by manie(m): 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
Gentlebabs: No doubt, the Pension Reform Act 2004 makes it mandatory for all employees to have a Retirement Savings Acoount, which will be administered by your choice Pension Fund Administrator, alongside a Pension Fund Custodian in conjunction with Pension Commission and National Insurance Commission. The contributory pension allows you to withdraw not more than 50% of your contribution on attaining 50yrs or compulsory retirement age. M.K. Ahmed (D.G. PENCOM, Punch Newspaper 30/01/12, Page 31) cites that "According to the act, Programmed Withdrawal is an option that is calculated on an expected life span, meaning that the pensioner will be paid on a regular basis for a fixed number of years. After which he ceases to earn further income from his PFA. Also, the act specifies that Annuity will be paid on a regular basis by the insurance company to the pensioner until he dies". If you were retiring now, which option would you prefer and why? Secondly, if you have people retiring now, how would you advise them? Remember, retirement is expensive, but old age is more expensive. Pls don't derail this educative thread.

I will go for programmed withdrawal, although I would have loved to get all my contributions at age 50 but PENCOM act does not allow that.
Re: Choose Between Programmed Withdrawal & Annuity Option For Pension by eby4uzo(m): 4:03pm On May 25, 2015
I'll choose Annuity for life to guarantee myself a life pension

(1) (Reply)

Please How Best Can I Invest My #10 Millions / Get Your Cheap Hard Wood At Affordable Price For Your Roofing / Learn How To Make $400-$500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.