Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,458 members, 7,843,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Check 1corinthians 14 Vs 34 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Check 1corinthians 14 Vs 34 (537 Views)

Must We All Speak In Tongues? 1 Corinthians 14 Vs 2 To 5 / 1corinthians 11 Vs 3-6 Missing In Some General Overseers Bible. / 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check 1corinthians 14 Vs 34 by Alexyem(m): 8:28pm On Sep 07, 2013
Please as i was reading bible this evening i came accros this passage please can someone explain dis better
Re: Check 1corinthians 14 Vs 34 by SecretDreams(m): 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
Well its quite straight forward, it doesn't mean a woman shouldn't say anything at all, after all most women are active in the choir section and other parts, it simply means when a man is present in the church, a woman should not try to take up the leadership position. Check 1Timothy 2 vs 11 - 15
Re: Check 1corinthians 14 Vs 34 by Alexyem(m): 8:50pm On Sep 07, 2013
Secret_Dreams: Well its quite straight forward, it doesn't mean a woman shouldn't say anything at all, after all most women are active in the choir section and other parts, it simply means when a man is present in the church, a woman should not try to take up the leadership position. Check 1Timothy 2 vs 11 - 15

what about some church that has woman as their pastor and they have men plenty in their mix,bt na woman go dey du everything.
Re: Check 1corinthians 14 Vs 34 by micwilzs: 9:02pm On Sep 07, 2013
I can't still understand ur point.ur point did not stand [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Check 1corinthians 14 Vs 34 by SecretDreams(m): 9:16pm On Sep 07, 2013
Alexyem:

what about some church that has woman as their pastor and they have men plenty in their mix,bt na woman go dey du everything.
well, from a biblical perspective its wrong.
Re: Check 1corinthians 14 Vs 34 by richmans(m): 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2013
Alexyem: Please as i was reading bible this evening i came accros this passage please can someone explain dis better

woman can work under the supervsion of man,bt woman work without directing by any man in the church is nt biblican
Re: Check 1corinthians 14 Vs 34 by Kobojunkie: 3:07am On Mar 27
Alexyem:
Please as i was reading bible this evening i came accros this passage please can someone explain dis better
Jesus Christ never sanctioned or sent out prophets in His name; He was firm that He, Jesus Christ was the last prophet sent by the God of Israel to the people of Israel. undecided
26 So, brothers and sisters, what should you do? When you meet together, one person has a song, another has a teaching, and another has a new truth from God. One person speaks in a different language, and another interprets that language. The purpose of whatever you do should be to help everyone grow stronger in faith.
27 When you meet together, if anyone speaks to the group in a different language, it should be only two or no more than three people who do this. And they should speak one after the other. And someone else should interpret what they say.
28 But if there is no interpreter, then anyone who speaks in a different language should be quiet in the church meeting. They should speak only to themselves and to God.
29 And only two or three prophets should speak. The others should judge what they say.
30 And if a message from God comes to someone who is sitting, the first speaker should be quiet.
31 You can all prophesy one after the other. This way everyone can be taught and encouraged.
32 The spirits of prophets are under the control of the prophets themselves.
33 God is not a God of confusion but a God of peace. This is the rule for all the meetings of God’s people.
34 The women should keep quiet in these church meetings. They are not allowed to speak out but should be under authority, as the Law of Moses says.
35 If there is something they want to know, they should ask their own husbands at home. It is shameful for a woman to speak up like that in the church meeting.
36 God’s teaching did not come from you, and you are not the only ones who have received it.
37 If you think you are a prophet or that you have a spiritual gift, you should understand that what I am writing to you is the Lord’s command.
38 If you do not accept this, you will not be accepted.
39 So my brothers and sisters, continue to give your attention to prophesying. And don’t stop anyone from using the gift of speaking in different languages.
40 But everything should be done in a way that is right and orderly. - 1 Corinthians 14 vs 26 - 46
So, if you closely examine what Paul said in the above passage, it becomes clear, that the church He mentioned in this case was not a gathering of believers or followers of Jesus Christ but rather a gathering that consisted of children of Isreal – sinners and non-sinners alike — to whom the Spirit of Prophesy promised by God to all the young men and women in the land at the time had descended upon - Joel 2 vs 28 - 31. The church meeting described by Paul was a general gathering in the land of Judah, and as such the reason why Paul must have seen fit to stress that the Law of Moses by honored by the women in the gathering, as opposed to the Law of Jesus Christ which those who are followers of Jesus Christ are commanded to live by. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional. Wednesday, September 25th 2013 / Presbyterian Church USA Teams Up With American Islamists / Is It True:a Christian Who Does Not Take Holy Communion Is Goin To Hell Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.