Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,544 members, 7,837,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

1corinthians 11 Vs 3-6 Missing In Some General Overseers Bible. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 1corinthians 11 Vs 3-6 Missing In Some General Overseers Bible. (644 Views)

Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 / What Is The Difference Between General Overseers And The Pope? / Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1corinthians 11 Vs 3-6 Missing In Some General Overseers Bible. by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:06am On Dec 21, 2014
In my morning devotion this morning I came across this passage ; 1corinthians 11vs 3-6 that says;
3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
I keep wondering why most of our G.O allow women to come to church and pray without a covering on their Head. Happy Sunday.
Re: 1corinthians 11 Vs 3-6 Missing In Some General Overseers Bible. by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 21, 2014
Some even allow women to come to d church with trousser and uncovered head. But, who am i to judge them?
Re: 1corinthians 11 Vs 3-6 Missing In Some General Overseers Bible. by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 21, 2014
You cannot understand the bible with your intellect. You need the Holy ghost.

1 Like

Re: 1corinthians 11 Vs 3-6 Missing In Some General Overseers Bible. by harizonal123(m): 8:22am On Dec 21, 2014
Y did u end at verse 6
Continue reading down.....
Re: 1corinthians 11 Vs 3-6 Missing In Some General Overseers Bible. by Hiswordxray(m): 7:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
oluseyiforjesus:

5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
Who is the head of the woman? Off course the man.
Now those verses didn't say God would not answer the prayers of women who didn't cover their hair.
It didn't say God is angry with any woman that pray without covering her hair.
It didn't say God said women should cover there hair but the only reason Paul gave for making this statement is - "Now if anyone is disposed to be argumentative and contentious about this, we hold to and recognize no other custom [in worship] than this, nor do the churches of God generally." (1Cor 11:16)
Paul didn't insist that this is from God and everybody must follow it.
It is nothing but a custom. Custom are man-made and man can choose to change it.
Re: 1corinthians 11 Vs 3-6 Missing In Some General Overseers Bible. by asalimpo(m): 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
Many women dont wanna obey this passage because it messes with their cosmetics. Their appearance comes first even if it were a law many would still flount it.
But like St. Paul said, it s no hard and fast rule.

(1) (Reply)

To Muslims And Christians / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/01/15 / #the-baptism-of-fire. Text: John 15:4-5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.