Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,032 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

"Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" (3403 Views)

When You Meet Her In Person And Realise Her IG Pix Was Photoshopped / How To Know She Is A ‘runs Girl’ Without Meeting Her In Person / A True Life Internet Love Story: Pls check story for daily updates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by eluquenson(m): 10:52pm On Sep 07, 2013
I met this girl on the Internet I am afraid she won't
like me when we meet.
I have seen pics of her but because I don't have a
scanner she hasn't seen any of me.
I think she is quite beautiful and I am sure most
people would agree.
I am not an attractive guy and the only people who
think I am are my family members so I tend not to
believe them.
I am 28 and have had only two girlfriends both of
which were only with me because of other
circumstances and not because I was good looking.
I know you might think I just solved my own problem but those two times where different.
Trust me, I could stand to loose a few pounds, I
am as pale a piece of paper, I don't have many
good features, plus I am inexperienced.
We have talked a lot on an instant messenger and
she seems to like me and we flirt a little but that is
over the computer.
I really want her to like me. Its not that I think she is
an unkind person and only cares about looks, but I
think looks are a factor in any relationship.
We seem compatible on many levels except for that
one.
I would appreciate any advice.
Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 08, 2013
You feel inferior simply because YOU THINK you don't look good.
My guy, physical beauty is not half important as inner beauty.
If you are spiritually, and emotionally nice and okay with a good personality then you have great chances of settling down with a mature and responsible lady.
I understand that physical beauty is a good attribute but bro, it's people who tell us we are beautiful/handsome. So give your girlfriend the rightful opportunity to comment on your looks.
Probably, you'll be blind enough not to see the beauty in you that your girlfriend may see, because BEAUTY IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER.
So mate, send a photo of yours to your girl, she has to see your face before your first date, it is very important. Listen/read her comments and let her know you have the good and beautiful personality which are rare gem, do this by showing her, don't tell her.
It makes you a man when you do more and talk less. kiss

2 Likes

Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by eluquenson(m): 9:54am On Sep 08, 2013
maxwello.yg:
If you are spiritually, and emotionally nice and okay with a good personality then you have great chances of settling down with a mature and responsible lady.
I understand that physical beauty is a good attribute but bro, it's people who tell us we are beautiful/handsome. So give your girlfriend the rightful opportunity to comment on your looks.
Probably, you'll be blind enough not to see the beauty in you that your girlfriend may see, because BEAUTY IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER.
So mate, send a photo of yours to your girl, she has to see your face before your first date, it is very important. Listen/read her comments and let her know you have the good and beautiful personality which are rare gem, do this by showing her, don't tell her.

You are on point grin
Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by everyday: 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
Even obasanjo have a girlfriend.Yours cannot be worse
Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by ZN2: 10:39pm On Sep 08, 2013
What's there to be afraid of? You've both not exchanged pics or. . .you sent her pictures of tom cruise?
Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by Ishilove: 11:04pm On Sep 08, 2013
~ZN~:
What's there to be afraid of? You've both not exchanged pics or. . .you sent her pictures of tom cruise?
Lol. Maybe he sent her those of Morris Chestnut cheesy
Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by Ishilove: 11:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
maxwello.yg:
I understand that physical beauty is a good attribute but bro, it's people who tell us we are beautiful/handsome. .

Awww, you think so? smiley

Am I beautiful? Here's my pic smiley kiss

Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by Ishilove: 11:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
Op, when you finally meet her, please I beg of you, make sure you use mouthwash in case of 'incasity'. I met a guy once back when I was in the uni. It was a blind date. His breath stank so bad that the hairs in my nostrils shrivelled and fell out... God!! cry It left me traumatised and many years on, I am still wary of blind dates. sad

1 Like

Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by TrojanEdu: 5:27am On Sep 09, 2013
*can't make sense of this thread* Are you scared or do U have a problem?
Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by daisyella: 8:29am On Sep 09, 2013
why hasn't she seen ur pix up till now?
Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by eluquenson(m): 8:33am On Sep 09, 2013
daisyella: why hasn't she seen ur pix up till now?

Not so handsome....she might run away
Lol... grin
Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 09, 2013
Don't try to make her like you. Just be your normal self.

Looks don't matter too.
Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by Popowaa: 9:11am On Sep 09, 2013
U ve been chatting for smtime so she must knw a little abt u if she sees u and she doesn not like u becos of physical beauty let her go cos she aint urs.

1 Like

Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by fuckluv(f): 9:28am On Sep 09, 2013
Richfella: Don't try to make her like you. Just be your normal self.

Looks don't matter too.
Of course looks matters a lot. Even if u r not handsome, u mst be attractive. It's like OP already knows his problem*obese* but not working on it.
Personal appearance has a whole lot of effect on ur self esteem, so work on it.
Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by segzicres(m): 9:40am On Sep 09, 2013
Op I understand ya, well if your ugly, you gotta compliment with other things. Work out @ the gym, be fit and have a great dress sense. She will look past ur face. I've loads of friends that dress tight n bag extrenely attractive chicks. So it works wink
Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by UyiIredia(m): 10:08am On Sep 09, 2013
@OP: You have to, like others now and before you, rise past putting your self-esteem on your looks. Sure, it's human to bother over looks, sure it's human that some tease others their looks but you'll simply have to bone them. Obasanjo thingz. Show her your pic, be neat in your dressing, be bold enough to tell her your mind and be good whilst being yourself and the world might have 2 more lovers in addition.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by AkinDavid2: 11:33am On Sep 09, 2013
@OP, excuse me cos i'm going to be hard on you. You've lost everything to low self esteem, when does looking good become the criteria for wooing a lady. What should be your concern is will she fit into your own future plan and not the other way round. Wake up from this childish act and brace up to who you are really. Mr Ibu to millions of ladies is handsome.. grin grin
Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by UjSizzle(f): 12:06pm On Sep 09, 2013
Awww don't be scared smiley some people are more concerned with what you've got in you than your looks. However if she does have a problem with it, let her go.
Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
fuckluv: Of course looks matters a lot. Even if u r not handsome, u mst be attractive. It's like OP already knows his problem*obese* but not working on it.
Personal appearance has a whole lot of effect on ur self esteem, so work on it.

Being attractive and being good-looking are not the same thing.
Re: "Help! I'm Afraid To Meet My Beautiful Internet Love In Person!" by MrsChima(f): 12:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
eluquenson: I met this girl on the Internet I am afraid she won't
like me when we meet.
I have seen pics of her but because I don't have a
scanner she hasn't seen any of me.
I think she is quite beautiful and I am sure most
people would agree.
I am not an attractive guy and the only people who
think I am are my family members so I tend not to
believe them.
I am 28 and have had only two girlfriends both of
which were only with me because of other
circumstances and not because I was good looking.
I know you might think I just solved my own problem but those two times where different.
Trust me, I could stand to loose a few pounds, I
am as pale a piece of paper, I don't have many
good features, plus I am inexperienced.
We have talked a lot on an instant messenger and
she seems to like me and we flirt a little but that is
over the computer.
I really want her to like me. Its not that I think she is
an unkind person and only cares about looks, but I
think looks are a factor in any relationship.
We seem compatible on many levels except for that
one.
I would appreciate any advice.

From what I was told on NL...internet dating is no different than real life dating...so you will be fine. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

7 Obvious Lie That Women Normally Tell Us / Pics: How To Get SUPER EYE CATCHY B**bs In Seconds / Lol Please Sincere Answer Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.