Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit (10473 Views)

Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
Infact, as am typing this, am charging my BB in church and at the same time, pinging.
have you watched the movie ''LOST''? You need to watch it man...
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
emusmith: Its really worth asking o... A Church like Winners, when the Word is going on, wey d mind to go charge phone? A church with many excesses, what do u expect?

OF COURSE IN A CHURCH OF THUGS LIKE 'WEINERS'
ANYONE GOING TO CHARGE HIS PHONE
IS LIKELY TO GET BEATEN LIKE A DONKEY.
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 08, 2013
Unnecessary balderdash.
Is this what your Christianity is all about?
Picking on silly and petty things that you shouldn't even be concerned about.
Inconsequential nonsense.
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Anuoluwap(m): 12:03am On Sep 09, 2013
stillwater: Unnecessary balderdash.
Is this what your Christianity is all about?
Picking on silly and petty things that you shouldn't even be concerned about.
Inconsequential nonsense.
Sorry, where does it hurts?
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Okijajuju1(m): 12:35am On Sep 09, 2013
Why is this an issue sef?

If charging of phones is the one thing that brings people to church, shouldn't Christians be happy?

if you had any conscience, what you would be worried about is the lives these people live. If someone is charging their phones in church, it means they have no power supply at home and cant afford back up power sources like generators and inverters.

I think its selfish to be bothered about this. Maybe next time you may want to find out why they do it rather than sit in your corner and judge.
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Chrichigo(m): 1:36am On Sep 09, 2013
oko-oloyun:
Op, if u dey live for my area where electricity is a miracle when you see it u go enter mosque to worship with them to charge ur phone.

Lwkmd...tru talk...but mind ¥♡̨̐υ̲̣̥ dat all ur attention would be focused on it...surely... ¥♡̨̐υ̲̣̥ wil find out dat at d end of d service dat ur empty..witout any motivation for d week...tink of it bro.
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Anuoluwap(m): 1:51am On Sep 09, 2013
Okija_juju: Why is this an issue sef?

If charging of phones is the one thing that brings people to church, shouldn't Christians be happy?

if you had any conscience, what you would be worried about is the lives these people live. If someone is charging their phones in church, it means they have no power supply at home and cant afford back up power sources like generators and inverters.

I think its selfish to be bothered about this. Maybe next time you may want to find out why they do it rather than sit in your corner and judge.
bro, if your aim of going to church is to charge your phone coz of power failure @ur house then i'm afraid you won't end up gaining anything @d end of d service. How wil u gain anythin 4rm d sermon when ur mind has two things on it? Mind you, i stressed that it is awful seeing people roaming about in d church during SERVICE, to charge phone in church is not a crime. Infact i'm not against it but we are in Nigeria we always do "over sabi". Imagine yourself coming along wit u all ur phone chargers and socket. Pls which is your primary aim? To listen and gain 4rm d sermon or to get your phone charged @all cost?
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by InvertedHammer: 2:21am On Sep 09, 2013
/
May be the church is the only building around the area that has light.

After all na church members money the pastor dey use power the generator.

I think they should have "Phone Charging Department" in these mordern day churches.

/
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by longsam: 6:58am On Sep 09, 2013
We were told in my church to keep our phone off and don't charge phone when service is on.Since then God has being helping me to obey.many Just come to church because there phone is down and no phcn light to charge.

1 Like

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by EMMANTOP1(m): 8:28am On Sep 09, 2013
Richy.:
what if bible was downloaded on their phone and they are making use of it in the church in the process got a low battary
switch off ur phone and jot down

1 Like

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Okijajuju1(m): 10:26am On Sep 09, 2013
Anuoluwap:
bro, if your aim of going to church is to charge your phone coz of power failure @ur house then i'm afraid you won't end up gaining anything @d end of d service. How wil u gain anythin 4rm d sermon when ur mind has two things on it? Mind you, i stressed that it is awful seeing people roaming about in d church during SERVICE, to charge phone in church is not a crime. Infact i'm not against it but we are in Nigeria we always do "over sabi". Imagine yourself coming along wit u all ur phone chargers and socket. Pls which is your primary aim? To listen and gain 4rm d sermon or to get your phone charged @all cost?

Lets stop clowning ourselves on this issue..

I'd rather be part of the Phone charging crew than be a part of the 'Vehicle|Parking attendants' crew.. Those ones come to church only to spend the whole day outside the church looking after peoples cars and not hearing a single word of preaching.

If you people had any conscience, you would realize that this is a problem for the congregation that does not require a spiritual solution but a physical one. If your pastors had any sense, they would simply start a Phone Charging Service for Church Members where they can register their phones and have it charged at no cost for the duration of the service of more. It would cost the church absolutely nothing to set up, it would help minimize phone theft, minimize members having to walk around the church looking for free|working sockets to charge their phones, minimize members having to be distracted by watching over their charging phones rather than focusing on the sermon|service, e.t.c..

1 Like

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Atigba: 11:32am On Sep 09, 2013
Nothing wrong in charging phone In a building that place you called church is a building the church is you
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Anuoluwap(m): 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
Okija_juju:

Lets stop clowning ourselves on this issue..

I'd rather be part of the Phone charging crew than be a part of the 'Vehicle|Parking attendants' crew.. Those ones come to church only to spend the whole day outside the church looking after peoples cars and not hearing a single word of preaching.

If you people had any conscience, you would realize that this is a problem for the congregation that does not require a spiritual solution but a physical one. If your pastors had any sense, they would simply start a Phone Charging Service for Church Members where they can register their phones and have it charged at no cost for the duration of the service of more. It would cost the church absolutely nothing to set up, it would help minimize phone theft, minimize members having to walk around the church looking for free|working sockets to charge their phones, minimize members having to be distracted by watching over their charging phones rather than focusing on the sermon|service, e.t.c..

this comment is having "k-leg" you commended & criticised d issue. Thumbs up.
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Madamspeaker(f): 1:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
it is called CHARGING IN HIS PRESENCE....

1 Like

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 09, 2013
Anuoluwap:
Sorry, where does it hurts?

People like you make a mockery of Christianity. Fixated on petty inconsequential matters that does nothing to your salvation. Are you coming to church to monitor phone chargers? When do you have time to focus on who you came for? Arrant nonsense!
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Anuoluwap(m): 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
stillwater:

People like you make a mockery of Christianity. Fixated on petty inconsequential matters that does nothing to your salvation. Are you coming to church to monitor phone chargers? When do you have time to focus on who you came for? Arrant nonsense!
Dumbest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Bible Say We Can Use Our Tithe Money To Buy Beer? / Pre-birth Memories - Life Before Birth / 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.