Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? (48853 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Why Do God Have To Create People GAY? Why? / Were Some People Existing Before Adam And Eve? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by isleman(m): 10:46am On Sep 13, 2013
@poster, i love your question not because of its nature but because it shows you think> only people who think questions what they read or hear. and only people who questions what they read or hear that are wise and only the wise ones seek knowledge and only the knowledgeable one is nature and human and also free from deceits.

Let me first start by telling you the bible you see is a book of account by people. some by evidence, some God spoke to them and some are eye witnesses. The bible does not contain everything you need to know, but contains all you need to know to be a christian.

When God said, let us create man in our own image. He was referring to the heavenly hierarchies. Don't forget their are 9 cadres and hierarchy in heaven in which God is at the center - According to 'Dionysius the Areopagite'. (the bible is not explicit about that but do make references at times that assumes or reflect thus. such reference includes the question you have raised.).

Secondly, Adam and Eve do have children other than Cane and Abel. They weren't too relevant and thus were not mentioned in the bible. infact, Eve was said to have several twice after Cane and Abel which Cane married from.

It is important to seek knowledge as one will be a fool arguing or fighting on hear-say. I will teach more if asked. Many pastors you see around only read the bible thus have little knowledge about God. Reading the bible is good enough to be a good christian, but if you want to know about God, you need to read more than the bible or Quoran. You need to read far and wide. There are other books besides holy books that you need to read to know about God. Some are even condemned by some religious scholars but they bear some sacred truth about a lot of truth about God and life in general.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 13, 2013
m.k.o2005:
''I would have said the latter was the
manifestation of the former, but Cain's
issue complicated things in Genesis
4:16-17. He found a wife in the land
of Nod and married there. I don't
think Adam and Eve gave birth to
those!

Back to the question or conclusion,
one can certianly say God created
some set of people before Adam and
Eve.''
@ayobase,Genesis 4:16-17 never said cain found a wife in the land of nod like you put it up there.It says cain knew his wife in the land of nod and she conceived !''Knew her ''means getting down with her even in today's english usage ! See below scripture for urself:
Genesis 4:16-17'' And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.''

God help us

We have no support from the scriptures to prove that God created other persons. in fact writers of the greek scriptures shows that God created only adam and eve.

through one man sin entered into the word said Paul. if God created other persons, dont you think that some people would have been perfect, and they could have remained in Eden?

I personally do not think the bible supports creation of other humans.

to your quotation above. it is true that the bible didnt say where Cain married, however that verse shows that it was after Cain left God's presence that he went to the land of Nod. Cain wasnt speaking with God alongside his wife. so he likely went to that land single.

Is it not logical to conclude that he married his relative when he went to that land?
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 13, 2013
m.k.o2005:
those!

Eve.''
@ayobase,Genesis 4:16-17 never said cain found a wife in the land of nod like you put it up there.It says cain knew his wife in the land of nod and she conceived !''Knew her ''means getting down with her even in today's english usage ! See below scripture for urself:
Genesis 4:16-17'' And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.''

God help us

We have no support from the scriptures to prove that God created other persons. in fact writers of the greek scriptures shows that God created only adam and eve.

through ONE man sin entered into the word said Paul. if God created other persons, dont you think that some people would have been perfect, and they could have remained in Eden?

to your quotation above. it is true that the bible didnt say where Cain married, however that verse shows that it was after Cain left God's presence that he went to the land of Nod. Cain wasnt speaking with God alongside his wife. so he likely went to that land single.

Is it not logical to conclude that he married his relative when he went to that land?
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 13, 2013
m.k.o2005:
those!

Eve.''

God help us

through ONE man sin entered into the word said Paul. if God created other persons, dont you think that some people would have been perfect, and they could have remained in Eden?

again, note: Genesis 3:20 KJV
And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Is it not logical to conclude that he married his relative when he went to that land, Nod?
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by mko2005: 11:26am On Sep 13, 2013
Saw this while going through the link made available by Goshen. My own conclusion on this subject is drawn from this write up below and i waill say,apart from what Goshen had earlier explained concerning this matter,i think the below should be considered and accepted by any christian who truly want's to remain a christian!
See below and digest it if you will :

''Tho i dont know but the various comments have attempted but i think is as difficult as trying to understand the origin of the big bang. However, some one attempted and i post it here
"The truth is that this question about Cain’s wife is nowhere near the“Gotcha!”threshold that critics allege. Three important rules need to kept in mind and adhered to when addressing this question (as with, frankly, any other question concerning the Bible):

The Bible, as a collection of books written by human authors under the divine inspiration of the Holy Spirit (II Timothy 3:16), is written and compiled on God’s terms (and not ours). We have no right to demand or expect that the Bible be written in a style or way that satisfies or pleases our tastes, preferences, cultural conventions, etc. Even though it requires some humility and, at times, a lot of work and time, we must approach the Bible on its terms (not ours) and we must discern the original meaning of its authors (not what we think it should mean, want it to mean, or–as is the case with some critics–try to get it to mean in order to caricature it and discredit it).

Don’t assume that the unexplained is unexplainable ! In their book When Critics Ask, Norman Geisler and Thomas Howe write:“No informed person would claim to be able to fully explain the Bible. However, it is a mistake for the critic to assume, therefore, that what has not yet been explained never will be explained.”That the Bible, in this case, doesn’t directly address where Cain got his wife means only and simply that the Bible doesn’t directly address or explain where Cain got his wife. That’s it. To jump from the absence of such an explanation to an assumption that this represents a mistake in the Bible is an unfair leap. Not only is it unfair, but it’s frankly not even a logical leap. The conclusion doesn’t necessarily follow the premise. And it’s particularly outrageous to take the even greater leap of arguing that the Bible is therefore flawed or beyond credibility.

The Bible isn’t always written in chronological order. This is a very important observation to keep in mind. While there is a general story arc in the Bible, the specific books are not always compiled in chronological order. What’s more, some of the books themselves jump around and don’t cover events in a linear, sequential fashion. Some critics jump on this as an example of biblical error, but that’s just a shallow and outrageous conclusion. It would only be an error if the writer intended to record events sequentially and failed to do so. The lack of a linear order, however, is NOT an error if the authors weren’t attempting one. Once again, we must approach the Bible on its terms, and not ours (see Rule #1).

Where Did Cain Get His Wife?

With the above rules in mind, the question“Where did Cain’s wife come from?”is easier to address, because we can be guided by the following truths:

The book of Genesis isn’t in perfect chronological order. It can sometimes jump back-and-forth. The writer is more concerned with topics and themes than with linear order.

Not every event that took place during that time period is recorded in Genesis. For example, Adam lives 930 years (according to Genesis), but Genesis only records a FEW of the things Adam said and did in his very long life span. The same is true with Eve, Seth, Abel, Cain, and all the other people in Genesis. Don’t make the mistake of assuming that only the things recorded in Genesis are what happened. Many things happened that are NOT recorded in Scripture.

Inbreeding is not forbidden by God until the time of Moses. As understandably distasteful as Inbreeding is to us (and it should be, especially in our current day and age), there’s no getting around the fact that there was Inbreeding in the earliest days of the human race as described in the first few chapters of Genesis. There just wouldn’t have been any other way for the human race to multiply. Eventually, the need for (and the practice of) Inbreeding would have dissipated as marital options increased from just brothers and sisters to include nieces, nephews, cousins, distant cousins, and so forth. Cain’s options for a wife were limited. He likely married a sister or niece. The same, by the way, would have been true for Abel (had he lived long enough to take a wife), Seth, and the other children that Adam and Eve had.

The timeline confusion over how we go from Adam, Eve, Cain and Abel in Genesis 4 to Cain suddenly worried about his safety and taking a wife (also in Genesis 4) can be explained in one of two possible scenarios:

There’s a significant time gap between Genesis 4:16 and 4:17. In this scenario, Cain kills Abel when there were only four people on planet earth (Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel) and is subsequently banished from the area by God. He goes to the land of Nod (Genesis 4:16) and…..time passes. During this passage of time, Adam and Eve have additional sons and daughters (Genesis 5:1-4). As this takes place, those sons and daughters likewise have sons and daughters. And so on. The human population grows and spreads throughout the area….and eventually makes its way to where Cain dwells. And then Cain takes a wife (Genesis 4:17). If this is what happened, then Cain’s plea for God’s protection in Genesis 4 was based on his knowledge of God’s direction to his parents to“be fruitful and multiply”and his anticipation that the human race would indeed grow.

When Cain kills Abel, Adam and Eve have already had multiple children. While Genesis 4 strongly indicates that Eve had Seth after Abel was murdered, it’s still possible that Adam and Eve had some of those other“sons and daughters”(as described in Genesis 5:1-4) before they had Seth. If this scenario is how things played out, then Cain murdered Abel at a time when there were many people on planet Earth (and not just Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel). Thus, he would’ve had good reason to fear for his life, since all the people on planet Earth (however many there were at the time) would’ve been related with (and would’ve probably known) Abel and would’ve been none too pleased with Cain’s actions.

We frankly don’t know enough information from Genesis to say for sure which of the above scenarios is true. And, honestly, it doesn’t matter. Odds are that one of them is true. If someone else can think of another, please offer it in the comments section. But, again, this isn’t worth getting too concerned about. Even if the book of Genesis is“awkward”in its“chronological”presentation of these events, it doesn’t necessarily follow that the events didn’t take place. Forgive the double negative there, but I’m trying to show that the rules of Logic don’t support a dismissal of the Genesis account, because of the“problems”or“discrepancies”between Genesis chapters 4 and 5. The only thing we can conclude is that we don’t, in the 21st century, possess all the facts surrounding Cain’s life. And that’s okay. We don’t have all the facts concerning Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, or Abraham Lincoln either. In fact, we don’t have all the facts concerning Jesus. The Gospel of John, for example, makes clear that there are many things Jesus said and did that are not recorded in the Gospels.

If the issue of Cain’s wife is important to you, then you can make that one of your first questions to God when you get to heaven. As for me, though, I think I’ve probably given it more attention that it deserves already in this blog post.

God bless you as you continue to read through the book of Genesis."

God help us

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by mko2005: 11:36am On Sep 13, 2013
JMAN05:

through one man sin entered into the word said Paul. if God created other persons, dont you think that some people would have been perfect, and they could have remained in Eden?

I think there is also logic in concluding that he left for the land of nod with his wife ! The wife never killed Abel but Cain did so God wouldn't be talking to the wife but Cain and God understands HIS Law of ''What God has joined together let no man put asunder'' if not HE would had stopped the wife of cain from leaving his presence to the land of Nod with Cain !

God help us all
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by mko2005: 11:44am On Sep 13, 2013
isleman: @poster, i love your question not because of its nature but because it shows you think> only people who think questions what they read or hear. and only people who questions what they read or hear that are wise and only the wise ones seek knowledge and only the knowledgeable one is nature and human and also free from deceits.

Let me first start by telling you the bible you see is a book of account by people. some by evidence, some God spoke to them and some are eye witnesses. The bible does not contain everything you need to know, but contains all you need to know to be a christian.

When God said, let us create man in our own image. He was referring to the heavenly hierarchies. Don't forget their are 9 cadres and hierarchy in heaven in which God is at the center - According to 'Dionysius the Areopagite'. (the bible is not explicit about that but do make references at times that assumes or reflect thus. such reference includes the question you have raised.).

Secondly, Adam and Eve do have children other than Cane and Abel. They weren't too relevant and thus were not mentioned in the bible. infact, Eve was said to have several twice after Cane and Abel which Cane married from.

It is important to seek knowledge as one will be a fool arguing or fighting on hear-say. I will teach more if asked. Many pastors you see around only read the bible thus have little knowledge about God. Reading the bible is good enough to be a good christian, but if you want to know about God, you need to read more than the bible or Quoran. You need to read far and wide. There are other books besides holy books that you need to read to know about God. Some are even condemned by some religious scholars but they bear some sacred truth about a lot of truth about God and life in general.
We don hear you oga ! If you like go and read all those apocryphal books and try to use it to contradict or agree with the canonical books that one concern you. You are right by saying that cain married either one of his siblings or relative just becos it's in consonance with the word of God in the entire canonical books and that is what the bible want's us to believe. Any other account that disagrees with the bible account is from the pit of hell or written out of ignorance !

God help us
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by haibe(m): 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2013
So this thread has evolved to a 7th topic now, lol nairaland no go kill me with laugh.

The op's question is did God create people before Adam and Eve?

My answer: First what's your definition of "people", if it means humans, then NO, Adam and Eve were the first people God created.

If however your definition of "people" means "God's creation", then Yes, God created Angels before Adam and eve.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by AnselmA(m): 12:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
it sure sounds like it u are right but I would like to know, do u think it will change anything? the way I see it if God wanted us to know we would have know but in his infinite wisdom He see it as irrelevant I.e if u are right because it would change the fact that we are to serve him and love him just as He loved us. any way I doubt they is any book as old as the Bible oh I mean older than the Bible that will give another clue or hint of existence before existence . and if there were at all the Bible should have more than 1reference to them. and other suggestions try reading how the world was created from other religion and compare ur findings. its good to have the knowledge.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
obadiah777: as they say 'it aint no thang but a chicken wang' grin

Your chicken 'wang' would soon turn to a pregnant live chicken tongue tongue
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by sammhi(m): 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
I wonder why Goshen is wasting his time with Obadiah 777 and his friends ..they are not Christians but of a different religion..
yes Adam can both physical ,spiritual but in what context?
Goshen your explanations are quite clear but Obadiah and his cohort are just having fun not really into the scriptures so they jump from Genesis to Jeremiah and misquote ..
The truth is that as Christians we rely On the bible not on some unknown heresies about the world ....
Obadiah friend asked if the animals sinned too. If not why are the animals dying? the answer is clear from the bible but I will want to know his own answer first. But quite clearly Moses told the Israelites that God favor them not because of any peculiarity but due to promise to Abraham as he is God of la mankind...the dispersion of man occurred at tower of babel ..no wonder from India to Maiduguri , from Australia to Russia, man is always idolatrous and filled with superstition.... until maybe now....
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
m.k.o2005:

I think there is also logic in concluding that he left for the land of nod with his wife ! The wife never killed Abel but Cain did so God wouldn't be talking to the wife but Cain and God understands HIS Law of ''What God has joined together let no man put asunder'' if not HE would had stopped the wife of cain from leaving his presence to the land of Nod with Cain !

God help us all

my guy I must say that I respect your logic especially on the above 2 senarios.

however, I still think that:

a) No female was with Cain in that discussion with God.

b) that he went to Nod immediately after the discussion with God.

c) that their were just two persons in that discussion, God and Cain. lets see:

gen. 4:15-16

15 But the LORD said to him, “Not so; anyone who kills
Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the LORD
put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill
him. 16 So Cain went out from the LORD’s presence and lived
in the land of Nod
, east of Eden.

I do not think he went out with anybody, hence my conclusion that he married in Nod to a relative he saw there.

Just like you said, this shouldnt cause wahala. though logic helps in filling a gap.

the fact is IF WE HAVE THE ANSWERS TO EVERY QUESTIONS IN THE BIBLE, WE ARE NO LONGER WALKING BY FAITH. Atheist should know this. Even evolutionists and atheists do not have answer to everything relating to the universe and life, which make me believe that they walk by faith too.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by joinnow: 1:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
source JW
Our Readers Ask . . .
Where Did Cain Find His Wife?
▪ “If Adam and Eve had two sons, Cain and Abel, where did Cain’s wife come from?” Although this is often asked as a trick question by Bible skeptics, the Bible does provide sufficient detail to give a satisfactory answer.
Genesis chapters 3 and 4 present the following information: (1) Eve was “the mother of everyone living.” (2) Time elapsed between the birth of Cain and his offering the sacrifice that was rejected by God. (3) Following his banishment to become “a wanderer and a fugitive,” Cain worried that ‘anyone finding him’ might try to kill him. (4) God set up a sign to protect Cain, indicating that either his siblings or other relatives might try to kill him. (5) “Afterward,” Cain had intercourse with his wife in “the land of Fugitiveness.”—Genesis 3:20; 4:3, 12, 14-17.
From the above, we can rightly conclude that Cain’s wife was a descendant of Eve born on an unknown date. Genesis 5:4 acknowledges that during his 930 years of life, Adam “became father to sons and daughters.” Of course, the Bible does not specify that Cain’s wife was Eve’s daughter. Indeed, the fact that she is mentioned after Cain’s banishment indicates that enough time had passed that she could even have been one of Adam and Eve’s granddaughters. Hence, The Amplified Old Testament describes Cain’s wife simply as “one of Adam’s offspring.”
Nineteenth-century Bible commentator Adam Clarke speculated that God’s establishing a sign as a result of Cain’s fear came about because several generations of Adam’s descendants already existed—enough “to found several villages.”
That Cain married his sister or a later female descendant of Adam through the marriage of any of Adam’s sons or daughters is viewed by some societies today as unthinkable. This is usually because of societal taboos or fear of genetic defects. Nevertheless, F. LaGard Smith comments in The Narrated Bible in Chronological Order: “It is altogether likely that these first brothers and sisters enter into marriages with each other, despite the sense of inappropriateness which would be felt should that occur in following generations.” Also, it is noteworthy that it was not until Moses received God’s laws for the nation of Israel in 1513 B.C.E. that intercourse between such close relatives was specifically forbidden.—Leviticus 18:9, 17, 24.
Today, we are millenniums away from the perfection once possessed by our original parents. The effect that genetics and heredity have on us might not have been a factor for them. Furthermore, recent studies, such as one published in the Journal of Genetic Counseling, show that unions between first cousins face lower risks of having children with birth defects than is widely perceived. Reasonably, such issues would not have been a serious concern during Adam’s life span or even prior to Noah’s day. Thus, we can conclude that Cain’s wife was one of his female relatives.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by akandea(m): 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
Gen 2 is a more elaborate explanation of chapter 1, if you check the whole chapter you will see they are same account of the creation from different perspective. Thanks
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Desric(m): 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
Goshen360: There's no confusion with God but with men. You have to STUDY with understanding. Genesis have two creation record. One was in a bullet form kind of and the other in "how" it was done form kind of. God created ONLY ONE MAN - Eve in ADAM and so, God didn't have to create Eve again but only took her OUT FROM Adam. If they were many God created, why don't God or Adam find Eve from other women?

There is a man I know in the flesh on this forum that teach such heretic teachings that God created many people not only Adam. Such is NOT right! If God created many people, then who sinned first that we all have to be made sinner because the whole nation was IN that ONE MAN?
My dear I think its too things that is your problem, either you are scared to accept the truth because God is involved or you derive pleasure in believing fallacy.
Cain got himself a wife of which you can not explain because you knowledge is as limited as everybody's because we all read the same Bible. Nevertheless when God cursed Cain, Cain said that he was scared that people will kill him if they should see him, who were he referring to? Again, "the sons of God married the daughters of man, and they had kids who were giants" who were these sons of God, were they aliens or human, who were they? The truth is like some contributors have said, nobody can convincing explain all those stuffs.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by evangelistrich(m): 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
interesting topic

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by lawrenzoo: 5:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
@Goshen, I don't tink cain married any sister, remember that satan had quarell with God before Adam's creeation, in which he sent Satan and his Angels down to earth, cain might have met one of the Angels den cos dey were in form of human beings too.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by lawrenzoo: 5:45pm On Sep 13, 2013
Desric: My dear I think its too things that is your problem, either you are scared to accept the truth because God is involved or you derive pleasure in believing fallacy.
Cain got himself a wife of which you can not explain because you knowledge is as limited as everybody's because we all read the same Bible. Nevertheless when God cursed Cain, Cain said that he was scared that people will kill him if they should see him, who were he referring to? Again, "the sons of God married the daughters of man, and they had kids who were giants" who were these sons of God, were they aliens or human, who were they? The truth is like some contributors have said, nobody can convincing explain all those stuffs.

They were the Angels God sent along with Lucifar after the quarell, remember Satan was already on earth before the creation.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by mko2005: 6:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
lawrenzoo: @Goshen, I don't tink cain married any sister, remember that satan had quarell with God before Adam's creeation, in which he sent Satan and his Angels down to earth, cain might have met one of the Angels den cos dey were in form of human beings too.
Your thought does not matter BUT what God is saying and thinks !

God help us
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by xaggar(m): 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
Adam lived for 948 years before his death. How many Children do you think he would have had in that life time and how many grand children and great grand children and great great grand children? Cain must hav met one of them during his wandering. It is indeed very possible for such arelationship to occur. Even in our era we still have cases of relatives mistakenly having a relationship with each other.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by DonOms(m): 8:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
I have been trying to read every single post on this thread until I got tired and decided to post something myself.
The OP has made a good observation (I once asked myself the question anyway) and many posters have contributed meaningfully (and otherwise, I'm afraid).
Apropos, I have this to say: The Holy Bible is a "perfect" summary of what was, what is now and what is to come. Hence, it couldn't tell in detail what information isn't relevant to the cause it supports. Like John said in John 21:25 "And there are also many things, whatever Jesus did, which, if they should be written singly, I suppose the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen." (MKJV) ...And that's just Jesus' account! Imagine an account of everything from inception.
In other words, the Bible didn't mention where Cain got his wife neither did it mention ALL those who were born (and many other things) because those info weren't necessary in order to support the message of the Bible and the purpose of writing it. It is clearly written & said by God that Adam was the first man & then Eve followed. I'll advice we stop bothering ourselves on unimportant "unquoted" details in the Biblical history and embrace the basic message it preaches: LOVE, RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE and GOD's WILL.
Thank You.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by IdeeEsperanza(m): 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
Eve gave birth to Cain(M) and Luluwa(F) and later Abel(M) and Aklia(F) after three years.

5 And God looked at His maid−servant Eve, and delivered her, and she gave birth to her first−born son, and
with him a daughter.
6 The Adam rejoiced at Eve's deliverance, and also over the children she had borne him. And Adam
ministered to Eve in the cave, until the end of eight days; when they named the son Cain, and the daughter
Luluwa.
7 The meaning of Cain is "hater," because he hated his sister in their mother's womb; before they came out of
it. Therefore Adam named him Cain.
8 But Luluwa means "beautiful," because she was more beautiful than her mother.
9 Then Adam and Eve waited until Cain and his sister were forty days old, when Adam said to Eve, "We....

11 When the children were weaned, Eve again conceived, and when her pregnancy came to term, she gave
birth to another son and daughter. They named the son Abel and the daughter Aklia.
12 Then at the end of forty days, Adam made an offering for the son, and at the end of eighty days he made
another offering for the daughter, and treated them, as he had previously treated Cain and his sister Luluwa.

Even as Cain was always hard-hearted and hated Abel, he didn't murder Abel after the first offering.

1 And the children began to grow stronger and taller; but Cain was hard−hearted, and ruled over his younger
brother.
2 Often when his father made an offering, Cain would remain behind and not go with them, to offer up.
3 But, as to Abel, he had a meek heart, and was obedient to his father and mother. He frequently moved them
to make an offering, because he loved it. He prayed and fasted a lot.

1 But when Adam saw that the older brother hated the younger, he endeavored to soften their hearts, and said
to Cain, "O my son, take of the fruits of your sowing and make an offering to God, so that He might forgive
you for your wickedness and sin."
2 He said also to Abel, "Take some of your sowing and make an offering and bring it to God, so that He
might forgive you for your wickedness and sin."
3 Then Abel obeyed his father's voice, took some of his sowing, and made a good offering, and said to his
father, Adam, "Come with me and show me how to offer it up."
4 And they went, Adam and Eve with him, and they showed him how to offer up his gift on the altar. Then
after that, they stood up and prayed that God would accept Abel's offering.
5 Then God looked at Abel and accepted his offering. And God was more pleased with Abel than with his
offering, because of his good heart and pure body. There was no trace of guile in him.
6 Then they came down from the altar, and went to the cave in which they lived. But Abel, by reason of his
joy at having made his offering, repeated it three times a week, after the example of his father Adam.
7 But as to Cain, he did not want to make an offering, but after his father became very angry, he offered up a
gift once. He took the smallest of his sheep for an offering and when he offered it up, his eyes were on the
lamb.
8 Therefore God did not accept his offering, because his heart was full of murderous thoughts.
9 And they all thus lived together in the cave in which Eve had brought forth, until Cain was fifteen years old,
and Abel twelve years old.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by OrinWat: 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
@ Goshen360:

Please answer the question.

Who was the lady that was married by Cain. Where did she come from. Go straaight to the point.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by IdeeEsperanza(m): 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
Cain married his sister, Luluwa and the moved away

5. And Adam and Eve continued by the burial of him in great grief a hundred and forty days. Abel was fifteen and a half years old, and Cain seventeen years and a half.
6. And as for Cain, when the mourning for his brother was ended, he took his sister Luluwa and married her, without leave from his father and mother; for they could not keep him from her, by reason of their heavy heart.
7. Then they went down to the bottom of the mountain, away from the garden, near to the place where he had killed his brother.
8. And in that place were many fruit trees and forest trees. His sister bare him children, who in their turn began to multiply by degrees until they filled that place.

Seth married Aklia

2. So Adam said to his son Seth, "I wish, O my son, that thou wed thy sister Aklia, Abel's sister, that she may bear thee children, who shall replenish the earth, according to God's promise to us."

4. Seth, however, did not want to marry; but in obedience to his father and mother, he said not a word.
5. So Adam married him to Aklia. And he was fifteen years old.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by FromGuiriga(m): 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
idee.esperanza:
Cain married his sister, Luluwa and the moved away

Seth married Aklia

Quick question, Why this God then forbids in_cest?
If this God did not make other humans then he creates in_cest by default to later forbid it.
How can we trust such a decision maker? This God makes things then corrects them later? How can this God be perfect?
It is OK with me if this God wants to do things its way but don't you think it is irresponsible for this God NOT to correct anything now?

Just reasoning...Give thanks.

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Rexyl(m): 11:46am On Sep 14, 2013
Don Oms: I have been trying to read every single post on this thread until I got tired and decided to post something myself.
The OP has made a good observation (I once asked myself the question anyway) and many posters have contributed meaningfully (and otherwise, I'm afraid).
Apropos, I have this to say: The Holy Bible is a "perfect" summary of what was, what is now and what is to come. Hence, it couldn't tell in detail what information isn't relevant to the cause it supports. Like John said in John 21:25 "And there are also many things, whatever Jesus did, which, if they should be written singly, I suppose the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen." (MKJV) ...And that's just Jesus' account! Imagine an account of everything from inception.
In other words, the Bible didn't mention where Cain got his wife neither did it mention ALL those who were born (and many other things) because those info weren't necessary in order to support the message of the Bible and the purpose of writing it. It is clearly written & said by God that Adam was the first man & then Eve followed. I'll advice we stop bothering ourselves on unimportant "unquoted" details in the Biblical history and embrace the basic message it preaches: LOVE, RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE and GOD's WILL.
Thank You.

yeah who knows whether it took hundreds of years before God and host if heaven decided to create living things after creation/existence of physical things. Bible makes it known that everything created is for rise and fall in thought esp among people that don't know God and his work.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by FromGuiriga(m): 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
Don Oms: I have been trying to read every single post on this thread until I got tired and decided to post something myself.
Thank You.

Can you please deal with my post. It is in blue. I'm curious to hear your reasoning on my questions.

Give thanks.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Rexyl(m): 7:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
From_Guiriga:

Can you please deal with my post. It is in blue. I'm curious to hear your reasoning on my questions.

Give thanks.

God allowed inbreeding in the first instance but later banned it. First it was one plus one that made two and more offsprings in that process starting from the two created by God. After fulfillment of population that guaranteed continuity and existence God had to stop it, even long before people could apply technology on nature. God is omniscience, He knows that socially this way of procreation should no longer be acceptable (it is stigmatic) and biologically, it shouldn't be encouraged, it will lead to decline of certain characters and reduction in performance over time. Animals raised through inbreeding end up producing traits of low value, so it has to be discouraged.

3 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by freeradical(m): 1:20am On Sep 16, 2013
Interesting topic
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by trolling(m): 3:35am On Sep 16, 2013
Rexyl:

God allowed inbreeding in the first instance but later banned it. First it was one plus one that made two and more offsprings in that process starting from the two created by God. After fulfillment of population that guaranteed continuity and existence God had to stop it, even long before people could apply technology on nature. God is omniscience, He knows that socially this way of procreation should no longer be acceptable (it is stigmatic) and biologically, it shouldn't be encouraged, it will lead to decline of certain characters and reduction in performance over time. Animals raised through incsest end up producing traits of low value, so it has to be discouraged.
This is why He gave us a constitution at Mount Horeb against incesst , let's be realistic, can Adam multiply himself?, but when you look at it from another angle, Adam did multiply himself because Eve is the "seed" of Adam, anyways I agree what you stated, but Yah is Supreme, He does whatever Pleases Him.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by FromGuiriga(m): 3:38am On Sep 16, 2013
Rexyl:

God allowed inbreeding in the first instance but later banned it. First it was one plus one that made two and more offsprings in that process starting from the two created by God. After fulfillment of population that guaranteed continuity and existence God had to stop it, even long before people could apply technology on nature. God is omniscience, He knows that socially this way of procreation should no longer be acceptable (it is stigmatic) and biologically, it shouldn't be encouraged, it will lead to decline of certain characters and reduction in performance over time. Animals raised through inbreeding end up producing traits of low value, so it has to be discouraged.

So what are saying here...God allowed inbreeding, then when after fulfillment of of guaranteed population God "stops" it. Did you know that God stopped this in Leviticus. I mean is this not several years after he allowed it. But no mention of abnormal births due to inbreeding in the bible, as to say that is why God stopped it.
Please explain this.

Further more, God cursed the earth, and the serpent if God made EVERYTHING good, why is God then rectifying what he set up in the first place?
Explain this also.

Give thanks bredren.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Rexyl(m): 10:07am On Sep 16, 2013
From_Guiriga:

So what are saying here...God allowed inbreeding, then when after fulfillment of of guaranteed population God "stops" it. Did you know that God stopped this in Leviticus. I mean is this not several years after he allowed it. But no mention of abnormal births due to inbreeding in the bible, as to say that is why God stopped it.
Please explain this.

Further more, God cursed the earth, and the serpent if God made EVERYTHING good, why is God then rectifying what he set up in the first place?
Explain this also.

Give thanks bredren.

To this last question, though you may not understand this I have to say, the cause is when Satan vied the exalted position of Jesus Christ in heaven and tried all means to displace him of the throne of kingdom. This rivalry caused his expulsion from heaven. He was rebuked and left for the great judgment where He, fallen angels that conspired with him and all souls that fall to evils shall be judged, and all evils shall come to an end. It is as result of presence of Satan on earth that perfectly created things are being altered, and made to be imperfect. You know He was also there at the creation. He knows many secrets so he can alter things as he likes, that is reason why the Bible quantifies that struggling against evils goes beyond the physical, Ephesians 6.

To the first question, once again inbreeding reduces productivity either by decline in quality xters or recycling of certain diseases in a particular generation, also it is disgusting, so God forbade it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

China Will Rewrite The Bible And The Quran To 'reflect Socialist Values' / Pastor Angel Obinim Sleeps With Lady In His Church To Give Her Husband (VIDEO) / Adegboyega Adefarasin's 21st Birthday: Pastor Paul Adefarasin Celebrates His Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.