Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? (48851 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Why Do God Have To Create People GAY? Why? / Were Some People Existing Before Adam And Eve? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by ayobase(m): 11:58am On Sep 08, 2013
According to Genesis 1:22-27, "26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

God created these set of people on the sixth day.

And in Genesis 2:7-8 "7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

I would have said the latter was the manifestation of the former, but Cain's issue complicated things in Genesis 4:16-17. He found a wife in the land of Nod and married there. I don't think Adam and Eve gave birth to those!

Back to the question or conclusion, one can certianly say God created some set of people before Adam and Eve.

14 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by taiocol: 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2013
confused about the question
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by SMIG(m): 12:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
this had always baffled me for a very long tym...each tym i ask a men of God they just beat around the bush and change the topic

19 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Goshen360(m): 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2013
There's no confusion with God but with men. You have to STUDY with understanding. Genesis have two creation record. One was in a bullet form kind of and the other in "how" it was done form kind of. God created ONLY ONE MAN - Eve in ADAM and so, God didn't have to create Eve again but only took her OUT FROM Adam. If they were many God created, why don't God or Adam find Eve from other women?

There is a man I know in the flesh on this forum that teach such heretic teachings that God created many people not only Adam. Such is NOT right! If God created many people, then who sinned first that we all have to be made sinner because the whole nation was IN that ONE MAN?

15 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Goshen360(m): 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2013
SMIG: this had always baffled me for a very long tym...each tym i ask a men of God they just beat around the bush and change the topic

I can teach you by God's grace very well but my problem is time. If you don't mind, we can go slowly at my own pace. Ask questions and I will do the teaching but I don't have much time today o. I have certain time I come on the computer and I have to leave at a certain time to attend to other things. Just leave your questions here and I will attend to them later.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by SMIG(m): 12:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
then who did cain marry oh!!!...dnt change d topic

6 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Goshen360(m): 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
SMIG: then who did cain marry oh!!!...dnt change d topic

Cain married from one of his sisters. We have dealt with this topic before on this forum. You can do a search and edify yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by SMIG(m): 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
by sisters u mean children of adam and eve....@ dat time they were only 4 on earth...and after God cursed abel and he pleaded he had this 2 to say'this punishment is too hard, i'll have 2 wander about without a home and just anyone could kill me(meaning there are more humans)' God replied (acknowledging d fact that there are more humans) 'anyone who kills u would be punished seven times worse than i am punishing you, so the lord put a mark on him to warn EVERYONE not to kill him' my question is what does evryone means?...i understand it to mean people dnknw about u?

5 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by frank317: 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
Goshen360:

Cain married from one of his sisters. We have dealt with this topic before on this forum. You can do a search and edify yourself.

Pls can u quote the bible portion that said Cain married one of his sister. It will be very bad if u make up stories just to prove the bible right. How did u know Cain married his sister? Or are u just asuming? Where do u expect the poster to do his search?

8 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by ayobase(m): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
Goshen360:

I am not trying to bring confusion here, but to be sure of something or be convinced. I have always believed that God created Adam and Eve first....but for Cain to have gone to the land of Edon (which means there were MANY people there) to marry a wife for himself.

So, are we saying there have unmentioned multiple proceationS by Adam and Eve before Cain and Abel were mentioned in the Bible?

Pls, u can refer me to the thread that dealt with this cause to read further?...thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Goshen360(m): 1:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
SMIG: by sisters u mean children of adam and eve....@ dat time they were only 4 on earth...and after God cursed abel and he pleaded he had this 2 to say'this punishment is too hard, i'll have 2 wander about without a home and just anyone could kill me(meaning there are more humans)' God replied (acknowledging d fact that there are more humans) 'anyone who kills u would be punished seven times worse than i am punishing you, so the lord put a mark on him to warn EVERYONE not to kill him' my question is what does evryone means?...i understand it to mean people dnknw about u?

They were not only four people on earth then, Adam and Eve had MANY other children (males n females) aside Cain n Abel not recorded their names. Try read genesis from chapter 2 forward. I can't do much typing now cos I'm typing from my phone.

3 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by ayobase(m): 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2013
SMIG: by sisters u mean children of adam and eve....@ dat time they were only 4 on earth...and after God cursed abel and he pleaded he had this 2 to say'this punishment is too hard, i'll have 2 wander about without a home and just anyone could kill me(meaning there are more humans)' God replied (acknowledging d fact that there are more humans) 'anyone who kills u would be punished seven times worse than i am punishing you, so the lord put a mark on him to warn EVERYONE not to kill him' my question is what does evryone means?...i understand it to mean people dnknw about u?

Goshen, back to u pls!
Pls, with scriptural back ups...don't wanna explain this to someone else like a layman!
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Goshen360(m): 1:36pm On Sep 08, 2013
ayobase:

I am not trying to bring confusion here, but to be sure of something or be convinced. I have always believed that God created Adam and Eve first....but for Cain to have gone to the land of Edon (which means there were MANY people there) to marry a wife for himself.

So, are we saying there have unmentioned multiple proceationS by Adam and Eve before Cain and Abel were mentioned in the Bible?

Pls, u can refer me to the thread that dealt with this cause to read further?...thanks!

Yes, there were MULTIPLE PROCREATIONS by Adam and Eve, names not mentioned and they could have scattered or spread around d earth then.

I'm using my phone now and at work also, can't do much typing at a time. You can click d search of this forum and type "where did Cain married his wife". You should see the thread coming up. If you can't find it, be patient, I will get d thread for you.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Goshen360(m): 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
ayobase:

Goshen, back to u pls!
Pls, with scriptural back ups...don't wanna explain this to someone else like a layman!

Okay. Hold on. First, I'm at work. I will give scriptures, slowly and gently though.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by SMIG(m): 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
oga Goshen i just read gen chpt 2 and it talks about how God created man and put him in charge of eden and also the making of eve...nothing suggested God created more people...and by the way no part of the bible ever suggested that cain married his sisters

4 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by SMIG(m): 1:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
cain went to the land of 'nod on the east of eden' (nod means wandering in modern english) eve gave birth thrice according 2 d bible first cain n abel then seth and they were all males....can some one pls quote a bible verse that states eve giving birth 2 more than 3 males?
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Goshen360(m): 1:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
Genesis 5:4 proves Adam had other sonS and daughterS within his 800 years on earth. So read the whole of chapter 5 now.

8 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by ayobase(m): 2:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay. Hold on. First, I'm at work. I will give scriptures, slowly and gently though.

Kk

I will still go search though.

This one wey u dey work on Sunday so!
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Goshen360(m): 2:03pm On Sep 08, 2013
ayobase:

Kk

I will still go search though.

This one wey u dey work on Sunday so!

Lolz. I work 7 days a week. Na make pepper for rest well well naw. grin Lolz

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by SMIG(m): 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2013
when God said EVRYONE while cursing abel there was no seth or other children then....t'was only cain adam and eve

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by UyiIredia(m): 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
My understanding of Genesis was largely literal. As such I believed Adam and Eve were the only created humans and they procreated by inc€$t and after a while it became needless and subsequently, immoral as now known.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Goshen360(m): 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
SMIG: when God said EVRYONE while cursing abel there was no seth or other children then....t'was only cain adam and eve

The record you have in genesis 5:4 in chapters doesn't follow chronological order. It simply means, aside of Cain and Abel, there were many others given birth to that wasn't mentioned. This happened within the whole 800 years of Adam. We were not told d gap intervals at which Adam procreate then, but I believe if someone is procreating at 10 years intervals for 800 years, that will b a lot of children plus he was created an adult, not born by a woman.

5 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Goshen360(m): 2:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
Uyi Iredia: My understanding of Genesis was largely literal. As such I believed Adam and Eve were the only created humans and they procreated by inc€$t and after a while it became needless and subsequently, immoral as now known.

Yes, that's what it is. That's why it was said, sin was in the world before the law but it wasn't charged against them because there wasn't any official existing law to charge them.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
Goshen360:

Yes, there were MULTIPLE PROCREATIONS by Adam and Eve, names not mentioned and they could have scattered or spread around d earth then.

I'm using my phone now and at work also, can't do much typing at a time. You can click d search of this forum and type "where did Cain married his wife". You should see the thread coming up. If you can't find it, be patient, I will get d thread for you.

The bible did not mention any thing like that. After Cain and Abel certainly but not b4, so, this would ONLY be an assumption.

Also, Cain said in Gen 4:14 that some people will kill and God had to mark him. Which ppl if I may ask?

I have always had this question in mind for a long time.

For a certain, there were a diff kind of ppl God created b4 Adam. Adam was the first of his kind.

vs 16 says he dealt in the land of Nod, east of Eden. Certainly, the land had been habitated for it to have a name.

3 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
If you are interested OP, here you go with a totally diff explanation from d norm...

https://www.nairaland.com/1395651/exigesis-genesis-chapter-1

Readers' discretion advised. grin

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Goshen360(m): 10:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
^

Ah, aunty mi, e to lo n tele bobo obadiah yen? grin

Anyways, the genealogy traces back to Adam and to God. I will look for thread where we dealt with the Cain wife issues. Give me few minutes, I don finish work for today. I get time for una now... cheesy
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
If u take a hundred years that is a century, Gods ultimate plan was for man to multipy, when adam and eve gave birth to abel he came with his twin sister and cain also with his twin sister, buh it was not mentioned in the bible but by revelation read gen 4 vs 17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch:who was his wife? When was she born? That showed he came or was born as a set of twins, gen 1 vs 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
wen cain left the place he was with his parents in the earth.Nod was never in eden or east of eden , it was in the earth, what was in the east of eden was the garden of eden, compare gen 2 vs 8 gen 3 vs 24 with, gen 4 vs 16. Adam life span was long and God being the God of creation intended for Man to procreate that's why he allowed man to live that long,
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Goshen360(m): 11:36pm On Sep 08, 2013
I have gone to fetch the thread out!

Here you have the thread. Please go through it (4) pages: https://www.nairaland.com/943370/where-did-cain-got-wife

Again, I know there're heretic teachings that God created many people. Such teachings only destroys the validity of scriptures.

New American Standard Bible
Now the man called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all the living. Genesis 3:20

So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 1 Corinthians 15:45

and He (God) [size=15pt]made[/size] from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, Acts 17:26

If God created more than Adam and Eve, then Eve is NOT the mother of ALL the living as per the ^ scriptures and Adam will NOT be the first MAN (not MEN) as per creation. I would really love to participate in this topic again.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Goshen360(m): 12:16am On Sep 09, 2013
I will do a little teaching before I sleep tonight, God willing. Will be right back!
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Goshen360(m): 1:37am On Sep 09, 2013
The OP asked, "Did God Create Some Set Of Males And Females Before Adam And Eve"?. The simple answer is NO.

Following the scriptures above, 1 Corinthians 15:45, Adam is the FIRST man (not men) and from Adam, every human race came to be, Acts 17:26. Eve on the other hand is called mother of ALL human race. So, the question of if God created other males and females BEFORE or AFTER Adam and Eve is scriptural nonsense. Because Adam sinned, EVERY HUMAN RACE sinned in and through Adam because every human race was INSIDE of Adam just like Eve was brought out from Adam.

Genesis 4:16-17 states, "And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife and she conceived and bare Enoch."

The problem which many see is, "With only two boys on earth at that time, where did a woman come from? With just Adam and Eve, Abel’s parents – and Cain his brother, where did a 'woman’ come from? Was there another race of people on earth in a place called `Nod' and
Cain went there to get his wife?"

This, of course, is not what the Bible says. The problem is, (what it often is), people misquoting the Bible and saying it says what it does not say. The Bible does not say that Cain got his wife in the land of Nod. What it does say is that, in the land of Nod, "Cain knew his wife." Any scholar knows this word "knew" in Scripture has to do with family life, it does not mean "to get acquainted with," but, rather, refers to the begetting of children. As the New International Version renders it, "Cain lay with his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch."

And, the Bible does not say that the land of Nod was a far-off country, it merely states that Nod was "east of Eden" All Scripture states in these verses, Genesis 4:16-17, is that Cain took his wife and went to live on the east side of Eden, in a place called "the land of Nod" and, while there, his first child was born.

to be continue . . .

11 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Goshen360(m): 2:22am On Sep 09, 2013
Most think that there was only Cain and Abel born to Adam and Eve but the Bible actually teaches that by the time Cain took a wife there were many human beings, that came from Adam and Eve according to Acts 17:26. It's not everything recorded in the Book of Genesis is written in an exact chronological order. The events of Genesis eleven (the Tower of Babel) happened in the middle of chapter 10, chronologically speaking.

Genesis 5:4 states, "Then the days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and daughters."

Both Adam and Eve driven out of the garden. Genesis 3:23-24. All their offspring were born outside the garden. Gen 5:4 "After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters.” The male child born to Adam and Eve after Cain killed Abel was Seth, when Adam was 130 years old.

Gen 5:6 Seth lived one hundred and five years, and begot Enosh. Scripture tells us "After he (Adam) begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters." (Gen. 5:4). It also says of Seth "After he begot Enosh, Seth lived eight hundred and seven years, and had sons and daughters (Gen. 5:7). Daughters are not mentioned Gen.5 the phrase had sons and daughters is the key phrase but the first male born in the family is mentioned by name and also for God to show us the lineage with which the messiah will come, so not all names are necessary.

So either Cain got his wife sometime after from Seth's lineage or from Adam and Eves lineage that produced numerous children after they left the garden. We see by the record that there were a number of people by the time Cain killed his brother Abel, Genesis 4:15.

Besides these three sons Adam and Eve had many other unnamed sons and daughters.The Bible does not give the exact time period when Cain took his wife. Depending on how much time there was between Cain being married, he either married a distant sister, or if enough time transpired, he could have married his own niece.

Marriage to a sister in the early stage of the human race was not considered wrong or unnatural. Even later on Abraham’s wife was his half-sister (Genesis 20:12); also 24:4 and 28:2. God did not prohibit such marriages until the time of Moses when is was specifically stated it was against the law of God according to Lev. 18:9, 18:11, 20:17, and Deut. 27:22.

There's simplicity in scriptures even though somethings scripture is silent, then we have to remain silent too. If God through the Apostles said, ALL human race came from Adam and Eve, I don't know of any interpretation that could be given to it other than this. To say God created other people aside Adam and Eve destroys the truth of scriptures.

19 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by frank317: 3:07am On Sep 09, 2013
Goshen360: Most think that there was only Cain and Abel born to Adam and Eve but the Bible actually teaches that by the time Cain took a wife there were many human beings, that came from Adam and Eve according to Acts 17:26. It's not everything recorded in the Book of Genesis is written in an exact chronological order. The events of Genesis eleven (the Tower of Babel) happened in the middle of chapter 10, chronologically speaking.

Genesis 5:4 states, "Then the days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and daughters."

Both Adam and Eve driven out of the garden. Genesis 3:23-24. All their offspring were born outside the garden. Gen 5:4 "After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters.” The male child born to Adam and Eve after Cain killed Abel was Seth, when Adam was 130 years old.

Gen 5:6 Seth lived one hundred and five years, and begot Enosh. Scripture tells us "After he (Adam) begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters." (Gen. 5:4). It also says of Seth "After he begot Enosh, Seth lived eight hundred and seven years, and had sons and daughters (Gen. 5:7). Daughters are not mentioned Gen.5 the phrase had sons and daughters is the key phrase but the first male born in the family is mentioned by name and also for God to show us the lineage with which the messiah will come, so not all names are necessary.

So either Cain got his wife sometime after from Seth's lineage or from Adam and Eves lineage that produced numerous children after they left the garden. We see by the record that there were a number of people by the time Cain killed his brother Abel, Genesis 4:15.

Besides these three sons Adam and Eve had many other unnamed sons and daughters.The Bible does not give the exact time period when Cain took his wife. Depending on how much time there was between Cain being married, he either married a distant sister, or if enough time transpired, he could have married his own niece.

Marriage to a sister in the early stage of the human race was not considered wrong or unnatural. Even later on Abraham’s wife was his half-sister (Genesis 20:12); also 24:4 and 28:2. God did not prohibit such marriages until the time of Moses when is was specifically stated it was against the law of God according to Lev. 18:9, 18:11, 20:17, and Deut. 27:22.

There's simplicity in scriptu
res even though somethings scripture is silent, then we have to remain silent too. If God through the Apostles said, ALL human race came from Adam and Eve, I don't know of any interpretation that could be given to it other than this. To say God created other people aside Adam and Eve destroys the truth of scriptures.

I actually took my time to read this... Where did tHe bible say cain married his sister? Stop feeling u are wise with assumptions. If the bible described to us what happened to the first two children of adam and eve tellling us who cain married shouldnt have been a problem. Pls who did cain marry?
U are aDding to the bible which is against bible instruction. If the bible diD nt say it then it is not true.
If u dont know who cain married stop telling us what u feel. Cain did not marry his sister as the bible did not tell us so. Incest is wrong in the bible, dont say it wasnt wrong during the time of adam and Eve d bible didnt say so. U are nt God stop translatin rubbish.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

China Will Rewrite The Bible And The Quran To 'reflect Socialist Values' / Pastor Angel Obinim Sleeps With Lady In His Church To Give Her Husband (VIDEO) / What Soul Age Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.