Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

First Fruit Offering - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / First Fruit Offering (1405 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy / First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

First Fruit Offering by ogeeh(f): 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2008
Hi Landers,

I'll like to know what the Bible means by First fruit.There are many misconceptions on it.

Please give your comments.
Re: First Fruit Offering by joomiegal(f): 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2008
well, my 2 cents: im sure a lot of pple will start posting replies, including those who condemn tithes. lemme digress a bit, whether pple like it or not, tithe-paying still stands, whether the pastor is a money-grubbing charlatan or not. Im paying to God, not him. i leave God to deal with him- if he messes with it, na im own palava be dat. when my mom's name mysteriously disappeared from civil service payroll, she was able to challenge God with Malachi 3:10, she doesnt joke with tithes. And GIRRL, you needed to have seen the way things started JUMPING after that. the whole bureaucratic process was skipped, with top ministry officials falling over themselves to rectify it-even she was amazed!

Now to your question. i never really thot about the first offering thing until recently, when i read someone's testimony. see Exodus 34:26, and Deut 26. For modern day christians (we mostly work, we dont raise cattle or plant crops). Your first fruit offering is your first salary in a new job, and also your first salary for the year.

Hear my own Testimony: I did it for the first time when i got a new job. becos i'd bin unemployed 4 a while-i had virtually no savings, at first it was like 'how am i going to cope for the next 30 days?" im a girl, i gotta make my hair, buy this, buy that (u know wot female maintenance is like, lol!), not to mention lunch money and t-fare!

I squashed all those thots when i remembered that even if i gave it to God, He still reserved the right to accept or reject it! remember cain and Abel?
You know wot? that month, i was more than comfortable throughout that month- people were giving me money for no reason at all! after someone gives and its nearly fininshed, ANOTHER person would give or send me money. I was as happy as a clam!! in fact, one time, i was so thrilled and amazed that i locked myself in my office and danced to Him for almost an hour!!
I was so thrilled and thankful!!
If ure thinking of doin it, pls dont let the skeptics dissuade you- im yet to meet a man who gave wholeheartedly to God and lost out.

(1) (Reply)

What Exactly Is The Bible? / Would I Be An Atheist Hypocrite? / Will There Be Free will In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.