Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare (32591 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by REALTRUTH1: 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2009
Since the General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, condemned first fruit offering last weekend, controversies have trailed his remarks on the issue.

Pastor (Mrs) Faith Olumuyiwa, Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministry, Ajayi Farm branch, while commenting on the issue, quoted the Book of Proverbs 3:9 “honour the Lord with thy substance and with the first fruit of your increase” which she described as a prerequisite to securing God’s material blessings. Olumuyiwa said though the injunction is in the old testament, Jesus christ, celebrated in the new testament has not come to cancel the law, but to fulfill it.

“When you give God your first fruit in the year, you are entering into covenant with God throughout that year. I have seen a Muslim who does it, everything is based on the understanding of the giver. Except you are living in sin, there is no way you will give your first fruit offering and you will not see the result,” she stated.

Corroborating Olumuyiwa, Pastor Tosho Abioye, a minister in one of The Redeemed Christian Church of God parishes, said, biblically, first fruit is good and whatever is good is worth doing. Though, he will not want to contest what Pastor Bakare said.

Pastor Melissa Scott, from the Los Angeles University Cathedral, commenting on firstfruit on her website, firstfruit teaching.com, which was premised on the book of Leviticus 23:9-14 said: “There is a first concept before your blessing comes. God says, You take the first of whatever comes in your hands, the first of your harvest, whatever it is and you bring it to the priest. That’s before blessing. Blessing comes afterwards.”

According to her, one of the principles that a first fruit offering teaches is that a future harvest is promised. The first fruit is just a taste of what lay in store at the end of the full in gathering of the harvest. Therefore, when a first fruit offering was brought before the Lord, it represented a prayer to him to watch over the future harvest that was therefore shadowed by the minute proportion that was being presented.

Another principle of the first fruit offering is that, it represents a part of the whole. When that part is offered to the Lord, the remaining part becomes holy to him. It sanctifies the entire lump from which the first fruit offering comes.

She said:‘The minute people hear the word money or giving, they just tune out. And you know what? I don’t blame them. If you have not been taught on why you should give, giving will not make sense to you. I want you to learn why you should give. I need to talk about money. How else can change happen and how else can I tell people out there in TV-land that giving in its truest form is inextricably tied to Christianity? You cannot separate them.’

Pastor Jacob Akoja, The Apostolic Church, Oshodi Assembly, however, said the church does not preach about it, but any member who understands the biblical injunction and brings the offering, it is not rejected.

He added that “it is not limited to money, even a first child or first property should be dedicated. But that can be redeemed, as one can monetise it.”

Speaking in the same vein, Mr Yomi Obaditan, said his church, Deeper Life Ministry, does not preach about it, but he heard the testimony of someone who did it and ever since, he has been giving his first fruit.

Sister Kemi Ogooluwa told that she has been a faithful giver sincesix years ago. According to her, giving goes along with faith and grace. If one does not have it, it may be difficult to give.

Mr Funsho Adeolu, a member of the Evangelical Church of West Africa (ECWA), said his church does not preach first fruit but dwells more on tithe.

[b]Pastor Tunde Bakare had decried last Sunday, the various strategies employed by some so-called men of God to amass wealth through the exploitation of their members. Bakare lamented that most church members have been brainwashed by pastors to the extent that they could go hungry to satisfy them.

Pastor Bakare criticised his colleagues, especially those in the big churches, for making first fruit offering compulsory in their churches. First fruit offering, according to him, is the offering of whatever a church member makes in the first month of every year.

This, Pastor Bakare said, “is exploitation and an evil perpetrated by predators who are supposed to be taking care of the flock.”

“We (the church) have gone totally bad that pastors now exploit their members in the name of first fruit offering. Is that the scripture or manoeuvre?” he asked.

The pastor added that other men of God, who do not fully understand the first fruit as explained in the Bible, have since joined the pastors, who have made it compulsory in their churches.

“They have made it so compulsory that they now make people pay their first salaries in the year to the church. What will they eat afterwards?” he asked, describing it as sheer exploitation.[/b]
http://thepmnews.com/2009/07/31/controversy-trails-first-fruit-offering
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by REALTRUTH1: 12:35pm On Aug 01, 2009
If it is Kunleosho that said this now,,people would start crucifying him. I think Kunleosho is right in almost all his analysis about the Christian Church today.Too many brainwashing tactics in order to materially enrich ones self in the church these days, Tunde Bakare remains one of two pastors in Nigeria I have some regards for,,,

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by hubreality(m): 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2009
Pastor Tunde Bakare criticizing or condemning giving of first fruits does not make the act wrong. No sentiments in faith walk. Its a worthy choice of understanding of God's word. Believing has always been a choice and salvation is personal.

2 Likes

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by REALTRUTH1: 2:02pm On Aug 01, 2009
I personally allign my belief systems with Bakare,,and every Bible believing Christian too would do same,,,not by compulsion by by reasonability,,and the Bible is not against REASONING,,Many people who chose to be pastors have since discovered that the most successful easy way to make money is via becoming a pastor,,,the thinking here is that : People re more consciuos of Religious activities rather than building a personal relationship with God.Like Pastor AIO here on NL would argue; tithe and offering are Biblical,,I also believe that,but re these tithes ever used for the purpose they re meant? they re meant to take care of the orphans,widows and the needy,,,
Guy, Jesus is Lord, no controversy about that; however most pastors re either knowingly or unknowingly taking advantage of people because of their limited klnowledge of the Bible,experience and exposure,,,,
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Tudor6(f): 2:23pm On Aug 01, 2009
hubreality:

Pastor Tunde Bakare criticizing or condemning giving of first fruits does not make the act wrong. No sentiments in faith walk. Its a worthy choice of understanding of God's word. Believing has always been a choice and salvation is personal.

Why wont you support it when pastor crook chris has brainwashed you into giving first fruit, monthly fruit and patnership offering.
A drunkard would always deny deluded mental state. . . Shame on chris and his bleached wife anita!

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by segyemaro(m): 2:35pm On Aug 01, 2009
RealTruth,you ve spoken well,this is from kunleoshob but from the horses mouth,a well respected pastor. Just like someone would say that you would go to hell if you dont pay tithe.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by hubreality(m): 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2009
Generally, no spiritual principles or acts ought to be compulsory in any way. Nothing is actually new regarding who believes and who doesn't. In fact a typical atheist is a typical example that believing is a choice.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by OREAWADOO: 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2009
other people money before the blessingof God UNA TRY WELL WELL
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by OREAWADOO: 3:35pm On Aug 01, 2009
FIRST FRUIT O
TITHING
DANGEROUS GIVING
SPEAKING OFFERING

ETC

ITS THE PASTOR NOT GOD THAT GETS THE MONEY
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by posakosa(m): 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2009
Giving to people who will never be able to give you in return, I believe is the greatest reward/blessings, and this giving DOES NOT only take place in the church.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by gen2genius(m): 3:41pm On Aug 01, 2009
I am a Pentecostal Christian and for the very first time on Nairaland, I'll be making my stance known on the issue of giving to God, or better still, contributing towards the progress of God's work. In whichever way it is done - physically, mentally or financially - God expects us to give VOLUNTARILY. People who lay much emphasis on giving to God and make it seem COMPULSORY are either ignorant Christians who have been blinded and brainwashed to see God as a DESPOT or the greedy ones who want to have the church's coffers filled by ALL MEANS.

2 Corinthians 9:7 says:

Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Certainly, God expects us to give. But it's not in the sense of a taskmaster but in the natural sense of a father who expects his children to contribute - in any way they can - to the progress of his projects. So, I for one do not give to God as a matter of obligation but as a result of my devotion to him. And this is where the hypocrisy of many Christians manifests. They talk so much about giving but if you ask them why they give, you'd be SHOCKED that they do it, not out of love or devotion but out of compulsion and greed! They give so they can get! Is that TRUE love? What if there was no reward for giving, would they still give? So, where is the "love" they claim to have for God? This is something I find so disturbing and, sometimes, disgusting in modern Christianity. It's time we wake up from this deadly slumber of FALSE WORSHIP! wink

4 Likes

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by OREAWADOO: 3:45pm On Aug 01, 2009
gen2genius

If I may ask WHAT GODS PROJECTS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by gen2genius(m): 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2009
Yeah, I used that figuratively. "Projects" encompasses special programmes for the less-privileged, missionary activities (taking the gospel to unreached communities and countries), construction and maintenance of places of worship etc wink

2 Likes

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by otokx(m): 4:32pm On Aug 01, 2009
The level of brainwashing has reached an all time high in most churches. People have surrendered their God giving thinking faculties on the altar of religion yet they continue in SIN. No pastor, preacher, prophet, reverend professor or bishop is going to dispossess me of my hard earned money and time. The one they collected in the past is enough for them. You need to see adults especially the ladies everyday, morning to evening in church - one activity or the other. Let me stop here before i start crying.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by No2Atheism(m): 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

Since the General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, condemned first fruit offering last weekend, controversies have trailed his remarks on the issue.

Pastor (Mrs) Faith Olumuyiwa, Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministry, Ajayi Farm branch, while commenting on the issue, quoted the Book of Proverbs 3:9 “honour the Lord with thy substance and with the first fruit of your increase” which she described as a prerequisite to securing God’s material blessings. Olumuyiwa said t[b]hough the injunction is in the old testament[/b], Jesus christ, celebrated in the new testament has not come to cancel the law, but to fulfill it.

“When you give God your first fruit in the year, you are entering into covenant with God throughout that year. I have seen a Muslim who does it, everything is based on the understanding of the giver. Except you are living in sin, there is no way you will give your first fruit offering and you will not see the result,” she stated.

Corroborating Olumuyiwa, Pastor Tosho Abioye, a minister in one of The Redeemed Christian Church of God parishes, said, biblically, first fruit is good and whatever is good is worth doing. Though, he will not want to contest what Pastor Bakare said.

Pastor Melissa Scott, from the Los Angeles University Cathedral, commenting on firstfruit on her website, firstfruit teaching.com, which was premised on the book of Leviticus 23:9-14 said: “There is a first concept before your blessing comes. God says, You take the first of whatever comes in your hands, the first of your harvest, whatever it is and you bring it to the priest. That’s before blessing. Blessing comes afterwards.”

According to her, one of the principles that a first fruit offering teaches is that a future harvest is promised. The first fruit is just a taste of what lay in store at the end of the full in gathering of the harvest. Therefore, when a first fruit offering was brought before the Lord, it represented a prayer to him to watch over the future harvest that was therefore shadowed by the minute proportion that was being presented.

Another principle of the first fruit offering is that, it represents a part of the whole. When that part is offered to the Lord, the remaining part becomes holy to him. It sanctifies the entire lump from which the first fruit offering comes.

She said:‘The minute people hear the word money or giving, they just tune out. And you know what? I don’t blame them. If you have not been taught on why you should give, giving will not make sense to you. I want you to learn why you should give. I need to talk about money. How else can change happen and how else can I tell people out there in TV-land that giving in its truest form is inextricably tied to Christianity? You cannot separate them.’

Pastor Jacob Akoja, The Apostolic Church, Oshodi Assembly, however, said the church does not preach about it, but any member who understands the biblical injunction and brings the offering, it is not rejected.

He added that “it is not limited to money, even a first child or first property should be dedicated. But that can be redeemed, as one can monetise it.”

Speaking in the same vein, Mr Yomi Obaditan, said his church, Deeper Life Ministry, does not preach about it, but he heard the testimony of someone who did it and ever since, he has been giving his first fruit.

Sister Kemi Ogooluwa told that she has been a faithful giver sincesix years ago. According to her, giving goes along with faith and grace. If one does not have it, it may be difficult to give.

Mr Funsho Adeolu, a member of the Evangelical Church of West Africa (ECWA), said his church does not preach first fruit but dwells more on tithe.

[b]Pastor Tunde Bakare had decried last Sunday, the various strategies employed by some so-called men of God to amass wealth through the exploitation of their members. Bakare lamented that most church members have been brainwashed by pastors to the extent that they could go hungry to satisfy them.

Pastor Bakare criticised his colleagues, especially those in the big churches, for making first fruit offering compulsory in their churches. First fruit offering, according to him, is the offering of whatever a church member makes in the first month of every year.

This, Pastor Bakare said, “is exploitation and an evil perpetrated by predators who are supposed to be taking care of the flock.”

“We (the church) have gone totally bad that pastors now exploit their members in the name of first fruit offering. Is that the scripture or manoeuvre?” he asked.

The pastor added that other men of God, who do not fully understand the first fruit as explained in the Bible, have since joined the pastors, who have made it compulsory in their churches.

“They have made it so compulsory that they now make people pay their first salaries in the year to the church. What will they eat afterwards?” he asked, describing it as sheer exploitation.[/b]
http://thepmnews.com/2009/07/31/controversy-trails-first-fruit-offering

Pastor (Mrs) Faith Olumuyiwa, Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministry, Ajayi Farm branch, while commenting on the issue, quoted the Book of Proverbs 3:9 “honour the Lord with thy substance and with the first fruit of your increase” which she described as a prerequisite to securing God’s material blessings. Olumuyiwa said t[b]hough the injunction is in the old testament[/b], Jesus christ, celebrated in the new testament has not come to cancel the law, but to fulfill it.

The highlighted points is wat really pisses me off:

- Why choose to obey an old testament command that talks about money but refuse to obey that which talks about an eye for an eye.
- If the Messiah has already fuffilled the law, then why are we still trying to keep it.
- What exactly is a the first fruit, is it money or time or farm produce.
- For Tunde Bakare to come out to say it means at least he knows it is going on and considering that he being a pastor would benefit from it if he keeps quiet then it makes sense that some pastors might also be conflicted on it but are not doing anything about it cus of peer pressure.
- How come a muslim is benefitting from it considering that that covenant is supposed to be accessible to those who are saved and not just to everybody or we saying that the Messiah is of no relevance in this case since it involves wealth creation.

This is exactly the reason why i dislike and keep as far as possible away from prosperity gospel. Most (if not all) of it is complete lie and mere brainwashing.

2 Likes

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 01, 2009
the first fruits heresy is a favorite of Paula White. And with jets to maintain, a lavish lifestyle to uphold and a massive whitened sepulchre (church) to maintain . . . who would blame her from demanding the first fruits offering from the rich who populate her church?

What these false teachers however fail to tell you is WHO the first fruits were meant for . . . you'd be shocked to learn its not your church nor the pastor . . .

[size=13pt]Deut 26: 12 When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the alien, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied.[/size]

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by bolu(m): 2:15am On Aug 02, 2009
It is appalling how much the church stoops to error. The first basis for such is 'who says it' as if the church of Christ is a personality cult. the second one is 'pragmatism' - if it works, it is true. Anyone can find series of scriptures to support whatever he has to banter today.

On the subject of first-fruit, we know it has been practiced in agrarian societies with pattern after the Old Testament and in line with the extent of their knowledge. However, the revival of teachings on it today is nothing but but flagrant flouting of the current order. Heb. 1.1. though God has spoken to the fathers through the prophets in parts and in degrees; he now speaks to us through the Son. The progressiveness of divine revelation peaked in Christ who came not to destroy the old but to fulfill it. the Old was described as the type/shadow - Heb.8; while in the New we find out that the reality is Christ - Col. 3.

Many of those teaching the first-fruit offering, I must admit, are sincere in their heart; but would their sincerity be the basis that validates the scriptures.

Whatever the church must hold as doctrine cannot but have its validation from the New Testament.

Look through the New Testament, not once did the First-fruit refer to monetary offering but to Christ as the first to be resurrected from the dead.

Disagree with me, but watch out as we have not seen the end of the novelties as far as offerings are concerned. If Christ tarries there will be more innovations to invade the pocket of the uninformed.

Check out your Bible very well you will discover that tithe and first-fruit are linked in the then agrarian culture.

This is not to limit church people from being blessed but to sound alarm to the unlearned.

Praise God for TBN, but you don't have to swallow all the sharp practices from there.

Before long God will be calling you to mount Moriah during Easter to 'sacrifice your financial Isaac'. There will be no end to new innovations to raise more money.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by bawomolo(m): 3:22am On Aug 02, 2009
did i just agree with dawodu and no2atheism.

oh hells naw cheesy
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 02, 2009
Everyone to his/her personal BELIEFS. The Bible Remains one.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by No2Atheism(m): 8:42am On Aug 02, 2009
bawomolo:

did i just agree with dawodu and no2atheism.

oh hells naw cheesy

see it does not hurt does it grin grin grin
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 02, 2009
No2Atheism:

- If the Messiah has already fuffilled the law, then why are we still trying to keep it.

Eye opening comment i must say but who can discredit this or explain better?
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by REALTRUTH1: 12:18pm On Aug 02, 2009
babaearly:

Eye opening comment i must say but who can discredit this or explain better?
Its only a criminal pastor that would discredit this; its a simple and plan question from the Bible written in English Language.What many of these pastors who I recommend to quit been pastors do is this: they would pick a particular portion or quotation of the Bible in order to validate their brainwashing skills and manipulations.Most of these pastors re not actually called by God,,,they became pastor as a result of unguarded zeal,laziness and even greed to get rich quick with any form of accountability.
Atleast like one someone said above, why don't they pick up the scripture that requires sacrificing animals or the concept of " Eye for an eye",,,The good thing here is that peoples eyes re been opened by the day,,just like the Berean Christians,,,Don't accept everything a pastor,Bishop or GO tells you until you urself have confirmed it alligns with the Bible.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Rebarobyn: 12:47pm On Aug 02, 2009
davidylan:

[size=13pt]Deut 26: 12 When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the alien, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied.[/size]

Most times, scriptures are quoted in verses with the preceding and subsequent verses ignored and in actual fact, you need to have an idea of the whole thing to deduce its intended meaning. But the truth is that we all revere God, his prophets and everything that concerns him and we dont want to appear as dissenters or rebellious but I think God himself wants us to probe and look deeper into things

I actually did not know tithes were meant for the fatherless, widows, levites and aliens and now this verse makes me question if churches actually use tithes for this purpose, I can hardly see anything Nigerian churches are doing in terms of reaching out to the society, these days its about getting more church members and money instead of reaching out to the needy and the destitute. we must re-trace our steps and do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by donnie(m): 12:02am On Aug 03, 2009
Abraham gave tithes as an act of faith and not according to the law for he lived before the old testament. We are children of Abraham.

The law included tithing as a commandment because there was a blessing attached. Remember that the law came by Moses.

In the same way, love always existed for God is love. But there was a commandment to love.

Abel gave his firstfruiits, not in obedience to the law but as an act of faith.

We, by the same Spirit of faith do the same.

God honours faith, not obediennce to the law of Moses.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 03, 2009
donnie:

Abraham gave tithes as an act of faith and not according to the law for he lived before the old testament. We are children of Abraham.

He only did this ONCE! To melchizedek and it came NOT from his own wealth but from the booty he captured during a raid.

So when next i go fight another people and capture their goods . . . i will pay my tithe since i'm a child of Abraham no?
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Maykelly(f): 12:14pm On Aug 03, 2009
davidylan:

He only did this ONCE! To melchizedek and it came NOT from his own wealth but from the booty he captured during a raid.

So when next i go fight another people and capture their goods . . . i will pay my tithe since i'm a child of Abraham no?
yuo lack knowledge and will soon perish

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by OREAWADOO: 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2009
gen genuis

eh the project you said they need 1st fruit money for

is it mama handbag and matching shoe or dada jet or limo
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by REALTRUTH1: 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2009
May kelly:

You re the one that actually lacked knowledge and I pray that you don't perish before U wise up.Its only a christian that is IRREVERSIBILY BRAINWASHED ,,that would continue to THINK in just one direction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Gentlelady(f): 1:56pm On Aug 03, 2009
I have always wondered about the first fruit offering! I pay my tithe but giving away my whole earning for one month is just absurd, how do I survive for that month? I just give a good offering as part of my first fruit.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by REALTRUTH1: 2:34pm On Aug 03, 2009
Gentlelady:

I have always wondered about the first fruit offering! I pay my tithe but giving away my whole earning for one month is just absurd, how do I survive for that month? I just give a good offering as part of my first fruit.
Even tithes should be given without grudge,,,if ur Heart is not in it then don't do it.I prefer giving 20% of my earnings to the less previledged,widows and orphans than giving my 10% to some Pastors who re simply entertainers and expect money from their fans.If a Christian can build a personal relationship with God, that is all that is most important,,,reverend God in ur heart,,,from a personal experience and exposure whilst in Nigeria,,most pastors in Nigeria re actually not called to be a pastor.The ones that are actually called so to speak, in one way or the other, they seems to have missed it.
Emphasy is no more on salvation and Godliness rather its through buying ur way to Heaven via first fruits offerings,tithes,seed sowing and vows,,,its sad that the those who re meant to be the custodian of God's kingdom have clearly and completely drifted from their responsibilties and they re serving marmoon and the spirit of the last days.One thing that bothers me is that; do they or do they not know what they re doing
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by timmy7(m): 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2009
Jesus did not give offering,so why should i give smiley
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Rebarobyn: 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2009
May kelly:

haba, this is exactly what we are saying, because the guy quoted a verse and is trying to make meaning out of it, you have condemned him to perish, you need to check yourself, who made you judge over men. the bible is the sword we are given by God and no man can override it by words that are not contained in the bible.

I totally agree, we Christians are brain-washed easily, we should question our leaders, what is the tithe collected used for, is all of it used in accordance to what God said (for the needy, widows and destitute)?,  the first fruit, what forms the basis for it? we should ask questions, it doesn't mean we don't have faith or we are rebellious, it only means we are guarding our souls and double-checking if we are in the right path,

you should apologize may kelly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo Celebrates His 66th Birthday Today (Photos) / Apostle Suleman ‘Considering’ Standing As Omoyele Sowore’s Surety / My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.