Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Mysterious - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mysterious (6650 Views)

The Carpenter, The Witch And The Mysterious Mirrow / Re; The Crazy Circle(mysterious) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mysterious by buyles(f): 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
Still following
Re: Mysterious by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 03, 2013
It is until i start chasing you hotly you will know that unupdated story can give heart attack
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
I will update soon please. Thanks
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
EPISODE 5
THE incessant blaring of horns did not do much in bringing Bola back to the present. She was so lost in her own world that she didn't even know that she was disturbing the free flow of traffic. Not until the owner of the car came down from his car to speak some senses into her did she realize that she was on the main road. The owner of the car was so infuriated that he had to scream at her
"Young lady, what is your problem, if you want to die why not go to a bush instead of using your own miserable state to disturb others who have serious business to attend to" The man said angrily
At this, Bola couldn't control the stream of tear that trotted down her face. She tried to remember what brought her here in the first instance, but she was cut short again as people were beginning to gather themselves to witness the little drama. From the crowd, an elderly woman who was full of compassion drew close to her to console her and she even moved her away from the crowd to her shop which was not far from the point of incidence. The woman asked her to try calm her nerves before continuing on her journey. While sitting, Bola once again tried to remember the reason why she was there at that point in time. IT was at this point that she remembered that she received a distressing call earlier in the morning.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................
She had been busy feeding her baby in the morning when her phone rang. At first she didn't want to pick the call because it was showing only the caller's number and she does not like picking calls whose identity is unknown, but the caller had been persistent hence she was forced to pick it after the twelfth ring and her baby duly attended to.
"Hello, this is Mosebolatan on the line, who am I speaking with?"
"This is Mrs. obe, Bode's mum"
"Good afternoon ma, I am sorry ma, I don't have this number that was why I asked who it is ma" Explained bola
"No problem, I actually called you for a reason"
Bola noticed some urgency in her voice so she immediately asked her what the problem was
"What is wrong ma"
"Last week, Bode suddenly slumped in school and was rushed to the hospital, we were later informed by his friends and we went to the school clinic to ascertain if the condition wasn't a bad one only for us to get there and was told that he had to be transferred to the state general hospital that his case was that of a sever liver damage. Since one week now that he had been admitted here, he just woke up today and the first name he mentioned was yours and ever since then he has been throwing tantrums requesting to see you. In fact he had to be given a sleeping injection to calm him down and I was asked to make sure you are available before he wakes up. Bola please can..."
Bola didn't allow her to finish making her request, she had been patient enough to listen to her long story, all she could make out of it was that Bode is sick and her attention is needed. She immediately replied that she would be there shortly after which she requested for the address of the hospital. She wrote down a short note for her parents who were not at home, strapped her baby to her back and headed for the hospital where Bode was.
...................................................................................................................................................................................................
After resting for a while, She thanked the Woman, Promised her not to loose herself again and headed for the hospital.
On getting to the hospital, she met mrs obe pacing up and down the ward like someone was abt to give birth. She went closer to her, courtesied by kneeling down to greet her. Immediately she asked about bode and she was told that he was still sleeping hence she had to wait a little as the nurses had ordered that no one should disturb him. She could barely wait but she had to wait. While waiting, she brought down her baby from her back and handed her over to her grandma who gladly received her and for a moment, Mrs. obe was so obsessed wit the baby that she forgot her sorrow at that point in time.
....................................................................................................................................................................................................
When mr and mrs Adesida got home, they did not meet their daughter at home and they were worried, Not until her father saw the note she had written. Mrs. Adesida was so mad at her daughter for not waiting to explain things to them before rushing down to the hospital but her husband calmed her down saying the situation must have been critical for bola to have left that way. He however urged her that they should visit the hospital too to know if their daughter got there safely since she had also left them the address. Hearing that the safety of her daughter might also be at stake, Her anger turned to worry and she immediately agreed with her husband suggestion.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................
After few hours, Bode finally woke up and his tantrum this time was even worse. Bola was immiediately ordered to come in with his baby.
When bode set his eyes on bola and his baby, it was as if a heavy burden was lifted off from his head and he just started crying, Even the nurses were just wondering what a rare case his was because his damaged liver could not possibly have been the cause of his tantrums. He stretched forth his hands to recieve his baby and the nurses fearing that he might throw the baby away did not oblige him his request but he tlod them he was alright and they were further marvelled. Finally the baby was passed over to him. He tenderly stroked her hair and there and then, He named her "JOY" not minding whatever name she was called afterall she was just six weeks old and the naming ceremony had been so low keyed that he was Just present as a figure head father whose main function was to just respond as the father of the child when need be. He wasn't even allowed to suggest any name as bol's parent took care of that and they made it clear after the naming ceremony that they do not want any relationship between both families and when the baby was of visiting age, they would decide when she would visit. This Bode and his family had frowned at and they had been frequenting the Adesida's home to make them see reasons but all had been futile, they were even planning to employ the service of a lawyer but Bode's sickness had put all on hold.
As bode was quietly admiring his Baby, the door opened and Mr and Mrs Adesida Entered.
Re: Mysterious by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 10, 2013
Genghennnnnnnn
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
EPISODE 6
Immediately the door opened, Mr and mrs obe were the first to see the Adesida's and this made mrs Obe fidget on the spot. Noticing what was happening, bola raised her head up still smiling only to freeze on realizing who was at the door post. Then Bode finally raised his head. On sighting Bola's parent,s, chronic headache developed in his temples but he managed to suppress it. He passed the baby back to mrs obe and beckoned on everybody to move closer. The Adesida's who didn't know what was going on moved closer more out of shock than obedience.

"Good afternoon sirs and mas" Began bode

Mr and mrs Obe his guardians were getting more confused at his strange behavior because this was getting more unusual. While would he be greeting them again like he wanted to deliver a speech, why did he summon them together? These and more were the question that kept coming to their minds though the obe’s didn’t know that threy had the same thoughts.

“Let me start by thanking you my guardian for being the parents I never had all these years, you accepted me with my flaws, you took me in even when nobody was willing to accept me. You showed me how beautiful life can be, you showed me the ways of God, you accepted me even when I did what was wrong yet you still did not tell me off, thank you so much, May God continue to bless and uphold you.”
Getting restless with his speech, Mrs obe spoke up

“Bode, why are you hallucinating?” she asked

“Call the doctor please” responded her husband

“Please listen to me and leave the doctor out of this” Bode replied

“To you Mr and Mrs Adesida, I apologize for making your daughter pass through the stigmatization of giving birth out of wedlock and for not being man enough to take the responsibility, I hope you forgive me. But despite all, I want you to know that I really love your daughter Irrespective of the mistake we both made and if asked to choose again, I will definitely choose her” Bode continued

With this last statement, Bola’s mum grunted despising the fact that bode made it point blank that he was definitely going to choose her daughter again if given another choice.
But Bode continued anyways.

“My dear bola, I know we have passed through both thick and thin, we have both weathered the storms together, This might not have been the type of life you planned for and I might not have been able to offer you any good thing of life but I want you to know that I will always love you here and beyond.”

Bola rushing to his side could not control her emotions so allowed the tears to flow freely while responding
“Bode please stop spitting rubbish, You know I have always loved you not because of material things and stop talking like you want to die please”

With these, she raised his head and laid it on her laps as she was already sitted with him not minding her parent’s presence.
Bola’s parents were too dumbfounded at their daughter’s open display of emotions that all they could do was look on.

“Bode, I know you are definitely not going to die but live to proclaim the works ofGod in your life” continued Bola

Bode only smiled

“Bola, this life which I live is not mine, I am not the one living now—it is Christ living in me. I still live in my body, but I live by faith in the Son of God. He is the one who loved me and gave himself to save me. So, why should I be scared of death?. Ever since I had been diagnosed with Hepatitis C, I had actually thought it will leave in its own time, but I c a throne and a crown waiting for me, my time is now and I have to respond to the glorious call.” Continued Bolu

“Noooooooooooooooooooo, that’s nonsense, you are going no where!!!” argued bola

“Please take care of my Joy, don’t marry just anyone in haste and rememder I will always love you.” And these were Bode’s final word’s before he died on Bola’s laps.
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2013
lets discuss, do you think Bode should have died? pls kindly comment
Re: Mysterious by AMYpurple(f): 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2013
Hormaulorlah: lets discuss, do you think Bode should have died? pls kindly comment
tot it wz goin to b happily ever after??....too bad he died....
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 4:50pm On Oct 21, 2013
AMYpurple:
tot it wz goin to b happily ever after??....too bad he died....
Lol. So I thought too.... But lets c as d story unfolds... No wonder it is mysterious
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 1:28pm On Oct 23, 2013
EPISODE 6 CONTINUES
"Please, Wake up!!!!! Stop sleeping!!! You know what, just stop this pranks and I will marry you right here and now, we can travel together to a far place with Joy, I will never mind what my parents will say again just open your eyes pleasecry" Bola screamed.

While this was going on, Mrs obe had impulsively ran to call the doctor.

"Doooccctorrrr, ppppleeeeaseeee, Bo, Bo, Bode is nooot tal, talking again!!! The doctor who could not even make any sense out of was she was saying was practically dragged out of his office by Mrs obe and before He could free himself from her hold, He was almost at Bode's ward. Wondering what could be wrong that requires his urgent attention, He half walked and half ran in with Mrs Obe hoping that what was happening was not what He was thinkingredients

Bola was not even aware of anybody's presence again, she just kept pleading with bode to wake up and she was like this whenb the doctor came in. He gently nudged her away from bode to examine him

"I am sorry we lost him" The doctor said after thorough examination and Bola passed out.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................................................................................................

"For how long do you intend being this way?" Bola's mother queried.

Ever since Bode died, Bola had lost her appetite for life. She has been a shadow of herself ever since then; not wanting anything to do with anybody and her disdain has been more for her parents believing that they caused a lot in Bode's sudden death. If they hadn't been so strict on him, maybe he would still have found a reason to still hold on a little longer. Her consolation however, is her child. She made a vow to herself that she would never let her suffer and because of Her, She might never get married again. Hence, Even after Five year's of Bode's death, she was still single, a graduate with a good Job, nice salary and several men wanting her to be theirs' but to that last clause, Bola would have none of that and that was about to be the cause of their Argument this morning.

Bola heard her mum, but she decided to ignore her because she was not in the mood for that type of argument this Saturday morning. All she wanted to go was relax, then go and pick her baby at the obe's since she had spent greater part of the holiday with them.

"Are you not the one I am talking to? Oh, so I no longer deserve your respect abi? you think because you have a good Job, you can now decide to be Rude?" Her mother queried

"Please let this young lad be, she will get married at the right time or why are you so eager to give her out?" interjected her father

Bola shot her father a look of appreciation. Ever since Bode's death, the man has been making sure that he satisfies her in every way possible. Maybe he is feeling guilty at the role he played during the pregnancy saga and this was one of those times when she actually enjoyed him being on her side.

"Ehnehn, so you are also on her side abi? Look girl, you are going to get a man for yourself before this month runs out or else I will see to it myself" Her mother shot back

This infuriated Bola

"See to what mum? you want me to bring another man to you so that you can frustrate him to death just like u did to Bode right?" Bola shot back

This stilled Bola's mum to a spot, her father opened his mouth like he was in shock and Bola stormed out of the house.

1 Like

Re: Mysterious by AMYpurple(f): 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
hmmnm..pls cum n update
Re: Mysterious by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 24, 2013
I know that she will give me heart attack thaz y i dd not read sinc d day i saw d update..oya come and update b4 i fight u
Re: Mysterious by eyezik3(m): 11:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
Hormaulorlah keep the good work up am rili enjoyin ur story
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
Thks all for reading, Will update on monday by GOD'S grace
Re: Mysterious by Culin(f): 7:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
interesting story, keep it up.. waiting for more updates
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 6:18pm On Oct 27, 2013
Thanks culin. Will definately update tomorrow (monday)
Re: Mysterious by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
Just gv me d reason u r not updatin on time....mayb i can elp...because me i must folo u rc d end
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2013
Divepen: Just gv me d reason u r not updatin on time....mayb i can elp...because me i must folo u rc d end
Thks for following... Working on getting a new laptop v.v.soon, I will update regularly den. But for now, I update twice a week.
Re: Mysterious by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
Okay ma
Re: Mysterious by eyezik3(m): 10:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
motunrayo keep the good work up, u beta update for me tomorrow oooo...
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2013
eyezik3: motunrayo keep the good work up, u beta update for me tomorrow oooo...
By d grace of GOD, I will. Thks for keeping up wit me.
I am Hormaulorlah not motunrayo. Sweet dreams
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2013
eyezik3: motunrayo keep the good work up, u beta update for me tomorrow oooo...
I am Hormaulorlah not motunrayo. Sweet dream
Re: Mysterious by eyezik3(m): 7:53pm On Oct 28, 2013
Hormaulorlah:
I am Hormaulorlah not motunrayo. Sweet dream
sowie for the mistake jawie, so how was ur day?
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 9:13pm On Oct 28, 2013
Dunno wot went wrong wit NL since morning but will make up for today
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 9:06am On Oct 30, 2013
EPISODE 7
Bola drove out of the house confused. She had no particular place in mind, and she did not even care at this point in time. After driving around the city of Lagos for a while, she finally drove to where she used to go whenever she was depressed- Bode’s tomb.

When she got there, she started crying talking about what was bothering her to the tomb.

“You know, ever since you died, my life has never remained the same. You left a deep gap in my life that no one else can fill, not even my parent’s. Now they are disturbing me about a male figure in my life. They want me to get married! How can I ever love any other guy again? How can I? I still believe they are the cause of your death. If they had not pressurized you that much, then you would still have much hope about life. I wish I was more matured then, not dancing totally to my parents tune. I wish I had stood by you then, but now it’s too late. I am so confused; I can’t just dance to their tune again. If I give another guy the chance, I know I can never love him because my heart is with you and it was buried with you when you died. Should I go on to please them? Bode please communicate with me the way you use to, please, because I am so confused right now” she said amidst sobs.
………………………………………………………………………………...................
When Bola left home, her father was the first to regain his composure.

“You shouldn’t have threatened her that way” Mr Adesida scolded his wife

“I am just worried for her, she seems so engrossed with her works and never giving any male the chance to come near her. She seems to be forgetting that she is not getting any younger. I never wanted to threaten or infuriate her” his wife replied soberly.

“Lets just keep praying for her and hope for the best” concluded mr Adesida

“I hope she is safe wherever she is”

“She didn’t even go with her phone but I trust God that she will be fine” remarked he, when he sighted her phone lying on the sofa.
…………………………………………………………………………………………..

After waiting for a little while more at the tomb, Bola was so relieved and headed to Bode’s guardian’s home to pick her daughter. Even though nobody could understand the reason why she frequented the place, she still does not care. When did she start minding what people think anyways, she thought to herself. Weather people understood or not, her mind was already made up on her next line of action and nobody will or can change her resolve, not even her parents.
She was so pre-occupied with her thoughts that she did not realize how close she was to the obe’s house but she brought herself back to reality quite on time.

When she got there, her daughter who was glad to see her was all over her and the Obe’s welcomed her warmly like they usually did and this further strengthened her earlier decision.
After staying with them for some minutes, she left with her daughter.
………………………………………………………………………………………………

The following Monday at work, Bola got to her office and her secretary told her someone dropped by not long ago and dropped her flowers and a card.
Bola was perplexed. She does not have any friend whatsoever be it male or female, then who could this be; besides, today was not her birthday neither was there anything special happening in her life. Who could be the jobless fellow who thinks of dropping a flower for her on a Monday morning instead of heading to work.
Nevertheless, she collected the flower and the card and headed toward her office amidst stares from her colleagues since it was unusual for her to receive gifts talk less of a romantic one and on a Monday morning for that matter.
She knew she would be the center of discussion among her colleagues that working day but her slogan was: Who cares? They could gossip till eternity as long as none of it would not stick to her body, then she care not.

On getting to her office, she set down the flower and dropped the card beside it without bothering to open it.

Half way during the working hour, she received a call which surprised her and because of this, she rushed over to where she dropped the card, picked it and opened it to see who sent her the flower.
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 9:08am On Oct 30, 2013
ONCE AGAIN, I AM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING ON MONDAY AS PROMISED, I WAS NOT ABLE TO ACCESS NL DURING THE DAY. THKS
Re: Mysterious by kinxen(f): 9:20am On Oct 30, 2013
nt enuf na...More updates pls tongue
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 9:34am On Oct 30, 2013
kinxen: nt enuf na...More updates pls tongue
kinxen, expect more soon
thks for following

1 Like

Re: Mysterious by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 30, 2013
Chai i was already in d midair when u just dropped me-like airwick advertisement

1 Like

Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
Get ready for anoda interesting episode mysterious tomorrow-04-11-2013. Keep it a date wit me on NL. xo
Re: Mysterious by purpinkx(m): 7:29am On Nov 04, 2013
Girls and their stories shaaa ...

Bode died of liver problem after getting bola pregnant in the age
of condoms .
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 11:50am On Nov 04, 2013
purpinkx: Girls and their stories shaaa ...

Bode died of liver problem after getting bola pregnant in the age
of condoms .
U r talking about condom like he had it in mind to have sex with Bola. Pls let your critisism be constructive. thks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Types Of Writers We Have / Unknowing Alpha (An Alpha And Beta Duology, Book 2) By D. L. Biranen / How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.