Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,298 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Forgive & Forget - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Forgive & Forget (412 Views)

Can One Pray To God To Forgive The Sins Of Another? / Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? / If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forgive & Forget by sidespin: 4:25am On Sep 10, 2013
FORGIVE & FORGET

In 1939 my wife and I went to pastor a church in north Texas. The first week we were there, one of the women in the church came to visit us. We talked for a while, and then she said, "Brother Hagin, I want to tell you about Sister So-and-so and how she treated me." Then she began to go on and on telling us how that sister had mistreated her. I thought to myself, Well, last week she and this other sister probably got into a spat. I asked her, "When did this happen?" She began to count, "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight. . ." I thought she was going to say, "Eight days ago." But she answered, "It will be eight years ago next Tuesday." I had such a look of astonishment on my face that she quickly answered, "Now don't misunderstand me. I've forgiven her all right. But I never will forget how that old devil treated me."

Without thinking, I answered, "Sister, you're a bald-faced liar. You haven't forgiven her. If you had forgiven her, you would have forgotten it, and you wouldn't be over here telling me about it. (Kenneth E Hagin)
Re: Forgive & Forget by Nobody: 5:42am On Sep 10, 2013
Yes i forgive but just cant forget

(1) (Reply)

Succumbing To Desperation - Winning Each Day Devotional / Why Do We Do This? / Ur Enemy Is Not Ur Trouble.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.