Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu (10670 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Boko Haram Abducts Over 170 Teenage Girls From Bam 7km From Buratai's Hometown / Fashola Commissions 100 New Air-Conditioned Buses At Oshodi - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by addey(m): 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2013
rozayx5: No pictures, call me when you post them, for now it remains newspaper project

on Nairaland no picture means it did not happen
undecided undecided

when this IBOM ( 30,000 capacity ) stadium, and UYo-Abak Bridge is complete, it wont make front page.

Cause Akpabio does not use the media like ACN to make noise undecided

many better roads have been commissioned in Villages in Akwa Ibom without making newspaper, so i dont know what you guys are celebrating undecided

All this village roads with little or no vehicular activities

You guy should stop all this noise cos if we take away Alimosho LGA from Akwa-ibom tell what will be left.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Ewarrior: 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
kenis: What all the press about? Roads are being built in Other states everyday without the governors running to the press. It's is only Fashola, T.A Orji and Aregbesola that I still hear make this kind of noise for some meters of road.

Don't u EVER put Fashola and T.A Orji in the same sentence again for the rest of ur days on dis forum

HOW DARE YOU??!!
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Ewarrior: 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
I wonder what all d hate is about, If dere are governors doing better than Fashola, open a thread and post their achievements for us to see rather than come here and bark like rabid dogs..

Mtcheeew!!!
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by eio2013: 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
Please remind him.
Councillors are opening 5km road without making public noise this 1 is busy talking about 7km road. Rubbish

homesteady: So because he commissioned a new road, you had to open a thread! Mtcheew!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by ba7man(m): 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
eio2013: Please remind him.
Councillors are opening 5km road without making public noise this 1 is busy talking about 7km road. Rubbish

Mention one councillor that has commissioned a 4 lane 5km road complete with drainage and streetlights with location details or shut up.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
wheel barrow:

You are nothing but a SHAMELESS LIAR!!

I challenge you here and now..

Post pics of the following projects commissioned by ur governor since the beginning of 2013;

1. At least 5 roads

2. At least 4 health centers

3. At least 3 schools

4. Five (5) other random projects..

If you can't then you and your gang of lying, empty chest-beaters should get lost from this thread and never return..

cool

Association of Pain congress (APC) I am from Urung Esin,Oron LG of Akwa-Ibom state and without intimidation you can google what my state government right from Attah to Akpabio have achieved in real road construction and not this road dressing going on in lagos state.Many Governors aside my Governor have all performed without going to the media.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by rozayx5(m): 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
addey:

All this village roads with little or no vehicular activities

You guy should stop all this noise cos if we take away Alimosho LGA from Akwa-ibom tell what will be left.

is this located in akstate grin
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Ewarrior: 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
zegbeye:

Association of Pain congress (APC) I am from Urung Esin,Oron LG of Akwa-Ibom state and without intimidation you can google what my state government right from Attah to Akpabio have achieved in real road construction and not this road dressing going on in lagos state.Many Governors aside my Governor have all performed without going to the media.

So a governors performance is now based on road,bridge construction and beautification ...

See thinking..
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by ba7man(m): 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2013
zegbeye:

As much as i admire what Akapbio is doing concerning roads in Akwa-Ibom, all those his projects are what should be expected concerning the allocation he recieves and low population he has to cater to.

Have u seen Matrix 2 ?? The producers went out into the desert in Australia and built a highway complete with fly-overs and did the car-chase scene on it..........Its currently a tourist attraction but its empty at the moment.

If Akpabio or subsequent Governors don't think harder on how to develop the human resources of the State, those roads will continued to be plyed by Keke-marwa, bicycles and the larger population will keep trekking on those beautiful roads.

Akwa-Ibom is still at the begining of a long race.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by plaindealer: 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2013
R

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by plaindealer: 2:01pm On Sep 11, 2013
FG

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by plaindealer: 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
Eko o ni baje o

SW o ni baje o.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
ba7man: As much as i admire what Akapbio is doing concerning roads in Akwa-Ibom, all those his projects are what should be expected concerning the allocation he recieves and low population he has to cater to.

Have u seen Matrix 2 ?? The producers went out into the desert in Australia and built a highway complete with fly-overs and did the car-chase scene on it..........Its currently a tourist attraction but its empty at the moment.

If Akpabio or subsequent Governors don't think harder on how to develop the human resources of the State, those roads will continued to be plyed by Keke-marwa, bicycles and the larger population will keep trekking on those beautiful roads.

My bros,Lagos is what it is today basically because it used to be the Nigeria political capital. I also want you to know Akpabio is already investing in human resources,that is why there is free and compulsory education up to the secondary level. Also there are a lot of Akwa-Ibomites that have benefited in the state government scholarship to study within and outside Nigeria.You will also agree with me, that no big business will start-up operation in a place where there are no good infrastructures...therefore Akpabio heavy investment in road construction,Airport,seaport and sport complex is in the right direction. Maybe we should find out what Dubai was like 25 to 30 years ago until the infrastructures started. The businesses will come,it is only a matter of time @ The tourist attraction in Australia, I have been living and working here in western Australia for the past 7 years and I have never seen or heard of such tourist attraction,kindly send me a link so that I can visit this place please.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by ba7man(m): 2:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
zegbeye:

My bros,Lagos is what it is today basically because it used to be the Nigeria political capital. I also want you to know Akpabio is already investing in human resources,that is why there is free and compulsory education up to the secondary level. Also there are a lot of Akwa-Ibomites that have benefited in the state government scholarship to study within and outside Nigeria.You will also agree with me, that no big business will start-up operation in a place where there are no good infrastructures...therefore Akpabio heavy investment in road construction,Airport,seaport and sport complex is in the right direction. Maybe we should find out what Dubai was like 25 to 30 years ago until the infrastructures started. The businesses will come,it is only a matter of time @ The tourist attraction in Australia, I have been living and working here in western Australia for the past 7 years and I have never seen or heard of such tourist attraction,kindly send me a link so that I can visit this place please.
At least whatever the next set of Governors do, they have a fresh template to work with and can avoid the unplanned nature of Lagos that Governors struggle to keep up with.

About the highway, I don't have info on it either, I just read about it in an article talking about the making of "The most expensive scenes ever in movies".
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2013
About the highway, I don't have info on it either, I just read about it in an article talking about the making of "The most expensive scenes ever in movies".

@Ba7man...Thank you all the same,will use my best friend(Google) to find out
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by wheelbarrow: 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
zegbeye:

Can you tell us why Akpabio deported himself and hhis family to Lagos State??

Why didn't he stay in his "Dubai" with hhis family??

Yeye dey smell follow u....

grin
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by plaindealer: 2:58pm On Sep 11, 2013
zegbeye:

My bros,Lagos is what it is today basically because it used to be the Nigeria political capital. .

They FG picked Lagos for a reason, Lagos was already a developed state way before Nigerian became a country and way way before Oil.

We are even yet to crawl our way out of the hole they put us in, even the roads and bridges they built which they did in other parts of the country and also which was about the only thing they did in Lagos are all crumbling all over the place.

We don't have a functioning metro rail today because the FG government didn't let it happen 30 years ago just to slow us down.

FG's presence in Lagos was a disaster and bad luck for Lagos. Thank God they left.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by plaindealer: 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
zegbeye:

Akpabio and his family are under the care of Fashola and the lagos state government. Obviously, akpabio is smarter than you and the people of akwa ibom...
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by MafiaMan: 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2013
zegbeye:

My bros,Lagos is what it is today basically because it used to be the Nigeria political capital. [s]I also want you to know Akpabio is ,already investing in human resources,that is why there is free and compulsory education up to the secondary level. Also there are a lot of Akwa-Ibomites that have benefited in the state government scholarship to study within and outside Nigeria.You will also agree with me, that no big business will start-up operation in a place where there are no good infrastructures...therefore Akpabio heavy investment in road construction,Airport,seaport and sport complex is in the right direction. Maybe we should find out what Dubai was like 25 to 30 years ago until the infrastructures started. The businesses will come,it is only a matter of time @ The tourist attraction in Australia, I have been living and working here in western Australia for the past 7 years and I have never seen or heard of such tourist attraction,kindly send me a link so that I can visit this place please[/s].

Trying to sell the no man's land bullshit or the ibos built Lagos mantra, right? What a shameless toad.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by MafiaMan: 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
plaindealer:

They FG picked Lagos for a reason, Lagos was already a developed state way before Nigerian became a country and way way before Oil.

We are even yet to crawl our way out of the hole they put us in, even the roads and bridges they built which they did in other parts of the country and also which was about the only thing they did in Lagos are all crumbling all over the place.

We don't have a functioning metro rail today because the FG government didn't let it happen 30 years ago just to slow us down.

FG's presence in Lagos was a disaster and bad luck for Lagos. Thank God they left.

Do you know why the ibos are all out, everytime to rubbish fashola's achievements or make it look insignificant? They are consciously doing this to hold onto their stupíd notions that either Lagos was developed by FG or Developed by all Nigerians, so as to keep their useless delusions of Lagos is a no man's land alive.

Don't expect ANY ibo man to like Fashola or Tinubu.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by doctorfox: 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2013
Does anyone here know the cost of executing this project. Who is the contractor that constructed this road.
I guess when the tax burden becomes heavier people will start digging up these facts to demand more from the government.

As it is, anything is good for the people. The never really desired much, so giving them just anything at any price is well deserved.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Ewarrior: 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2013
doctorfox: Does anyone here know the cost of executing this project. Who is the contractor that constructed this road.
I guess when the tax burden becomes heavier people will start digging up these facts to demand more from the government.

As it is, anything is good for the people. The never really desired much, so giving them just anything at any price is well deserved.

The Road was built by Arab Contractors an Egyptian Construction firm..

I do not know hw much d road cost but I can tell u that it is a well built road cos I av used d road a couple of times.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
Ewarrior:

So a governors performance is now based on road,bridge construction and beautification ...

See thinking..

And Fashola performance is now based on 7km road construction...see slave
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
plaindealer:

Akpabio and his family are under the care of Fashola and the lagos state government. Obviously, akpabio is smarter than you and the people of akwa ibom...

If you believe that,then u can as well believe Nigeria is not on earth
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by plaindealer: 3:43pm On Sep 11, 2013
zegbeye:

If you believe that,then u can as well believe Nigeria is not on earth

Like I said, akpabio is smarter than you and the people of akwa ibom. The fact that you are oblivious about akpabio and his family seeking refuge and living the good life in lagos says a lot about your state of cluelesness.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by AdmYamamoto: 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2013
Mafia Man:

Do you know why the ibos are all out, everytime to rubbish fashola's achievements or make it look insignificant? They are consciously doing this to hold onto their stupíd notions that either Lagos was developed by FG or Developed by all Nigerians, so as to keep their useless delusions of Lagos is a no man's land alive.

Don't expect ANY ibo man to like Fashola or Tinubu.

FORGET that THING! ALL foreign usurpers (especially the emptily boastful lot from the Niger side) WILL be chased out of Lagos, the ones that play smart will become PERMANENTLY UNAVAILABLE a la Bashir Assad! You have no idea but they are completely clueless! Did Yorubas write a letter to ibos even come and live in Lagos or any part of Yoruba land? What is this nonsense that Lagos was former capital? If the colonialists moved from Calabar, SKIPPING OVER every piece of space and land in iboland, and every piece of LAND in the whole country, how is that the fault of Yorubas? If God and the colonialists chose the lands of the Yorubas above every piece of space in the SE, the Yorubas CANNOT be responsible for that! The land was and is NOT free! Did the FG and Colonialist pay RENT while on the land? NO! Their rent could be approximated to the value added to the land in construction and infrastructure which the FG actually did a BAD job of! So, let every Nigerian go and think deeply! Lagos, Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti, Osun, parts of Kwara and Kogi, understandably, divided into states for administrative reasons REMAINS Yorubaland! No matter how rich or big you are, you don't build your house with one big floor space for sleeping, cooking, receiving visitors, bathing, etc, you divide it into rooms for functionality, convenience and better management. That is the real essence of states. However, the Yorubas just like ibos, Hausas, Itshekiri, Igala, Kalabari, etc reserve and deserve the right to hold unto the lands of their ancestors without any interference while allowing Nigerians to buy it (lease actually given that land is held in custody by the Governor of the States for a tenure of ~100 years, 99 years I am told more precisely), use it, tend it, build on it, etc.

Our leaders (governors) like Fashola and co. are elected to look first after their States and residents and to jointly partner with the people of other states for the benefits of their indigenous people (Yorubas in this instance) and other governors in the country. If any state or other region elects useless governors, tough luck but we will NEVER be your fall guy! You will never own parts of our lands. You will never be us! Go to your land and assert your own rights too! You can live in our lands but YOU MUST learn, respect and abide by our customs, laws, way of life, culture and language! You MUST pay taxes. You MUST pay our differential fees and charges, otherwise go to you state where you will NOT pay any differentials. You MUST respect your hosts. Our good lands are NOT free, because the roads did not drop from the sky and if they did, ask God why it didn't drop in your land? When and if Nigeria goes belly-up, we will have a robust Citizenship and Immigration programme where we will pick and choose who can visit, live, work or study here! For those lining up to get citizenship to have a claim to our lands, it will NEVER happen. All the money and a thousand citizenships will not buy over our people, lands, race and civilization. I just have to say it as it is and I ask that you implement similar policies in your land too. Go and keep your land, let what God gave you and what the leaders you have chosen provide for you be enough for you!

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Ewarrior: 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2013
zegbeye:

And Fashola performance is now based on 7km road construction...see slave

Dude dis is just yet another promise fulfilled by BRF

BRF has delivered hundreds of projects in d past and he will do more b4 he finishes his tenure

There are hundreds of topics and pictures of projects commissioned by BRF all over nairaland but pple like you will continue to whip up silly sentiments and talks about lagos being a former capital as if dat has helped Lagos in anyway.

Akpabio is doin well bt pls don't compare him with BRF, they are years apart.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by desgiezd(m): 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
Anyone that knows the state of this road before and now sees what it has been turned to would commend Fashola tremendously. Fashola is working, Lagos is working.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by kunlej2: 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2013
maryjames9: This guy is a phenomenal man. He never tires. Why a mumu like Gej be a president when a guy like Fashola is in Nigeria beats me. He is just too energetic. He would allocate contracts, supervise it personally and commission it. May God bless you sir. Gej and other governors have abandoned their states and moved to Abuja for 2015. May God kick them all out and silent their e-warriors in Nairaland and Niger delta and other places and put people like Fashola as president
how many state is lagos
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Rossikk(m): 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1300820_1280455_622566457764624_1263905700_n_jpg4917f7b6a7871ca42f76cd2dcf5189f2

What kind if substandard crap is this? What is that open drain doing next to the sidewalk? I really don't know where we get these weird construction ideas in Nigeria from. I've never seen any road built like that in any place except Nigeria. That drain MUST and SHOULD be covered. Pedestrians are NOT supposed to be walking down a road and staring down into open gutters. Or needing to jump over the gutter to cross the road. Ridiculous, substandard rubbish.

Here's how you build a road, Mr THICK SKULL Fashola!!!! Can you see any open gutter here? Yet when it rains you would hardly notice as the water seeps cooly into the covered drains while pedestrians can walk without a care in the world, and the environment is devoid of stinks and unsightly gutters. What is so hard about these IMBECILES who call themselves govt officials replicating these simple, civilized roads throughout this country??

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by anonimi: 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
ba7man:

FYI

Soyinka commends Akpabio’s educational programmes

THE Akwa Ibom State Governor, Chief Godswill Akpabio has received commendations from Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, for his efforts in human capacity development in his state.
Soyinka, who was the Chairman of a discussion session at the second day of the South South economic summit in Asaba, specifically mentioned Governor Akpabio’s training of Akwa Ibom youths in specialised field of aviation as well as his free education to all youths in the state.
The education models, Soyinka stated, must be developed by governments at all levels.
Akpabio told participants at the summit of his administration’s investments in free and compulsory education for all Nigerians residing in Akwa Ibom State up to secondary school level.
He maintained that this gesture was to build the capacity of the youths to meet the manpower challenges of not only the emerging industrial economy of the state, but the highly competitive labour market in Nigeria.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/44781-soyinka-commends-akpabio%E2%80%99s-educational-programmes.html

Unfortunately one cannot say the same thing about the "excellent" Lagos governor, Fashola.
The IGR he takes from the wallets, bags, packets and handbags of residents of Lagos is not enough he had to increase LASU fees from 25k to 250k. A school that was built by the REAL progressive ACTION governor, Alhaji Lateef Jakande who operated a shoe string budget.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by anonimi: 11:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
obitwo:

Call Tinubu whatever you want, since 1999 when thus democratic era begun, the SW has moved the furthest and developed the most with the likes of Tinubu. When he became governor, Lagos was barely generating N600m per month. Today, its almost N30bn. Ogun under 2 yrs has grown its IGR from N730m to over N4bn per month

We aren't complaining so why are you taking insulin for another man's diabetes?

Who are the WE that are not complaining
Kindly speak for yourself and those who idol-worship the Looters-in-Power. You can't rope everyone in with you.
These ACN scammers have camoflagued themselves as delivering yoyo physical infrastructures while BASIC services are not given adequate attention despite the increased IGR.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo / Makarfi Faction Disagrees With Peace Committee, Calls Them Nonentity / Governors Forum Warn Against Passing Minimum Wage States Cannot Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.